Intuit: Sr Data Scientist – Business Analytics [Mountain View, CA]
Seeking a great data scientist for our Quickbooks Online (QBO) business. You need to be a top-notch problem solver and problem identifier as there are no points for an elegant solution to the wrong problem. It’s also a good idea to know the standard suite of analytical tools but more importantly you must know how to learn tools quickly.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position: Senior Data Scientist - Business Analytics
We are looking for a great data scientist for our Quickbooks Online (QBO) business. Quickbooks is used by over 5MM SMBs globally to run their businesses and we are the team responsible for using our data to answer the most critical questions facing the QBO Product Managers and Marketers. Everything from understanding the trends in our subscriber growth to shaping our product strategy through A/B testing and more happens within our team and we need top data scientists to help the business deliver the best possible product to our SMB customers. We are growing rapidly and need great people to support our analytical efforts in both Product and Marketing.
What does it take to thrive on our team? You need to be a top-notch problem solver and problem identifier as there are no points for an elegant solution to the wrong problem. It’s also a good idea to know the standard suite of analytical tools - SQL, R/Python, some sort of data visualization tool - but more importantly you must know how to learn tools quickly. We also often find that having a bit of a software engineering mindset is valued too - much like good software solutions, good analytical solutions are scalable and repeatable as this is what allows us to solve a problem once and go tackle the next one. Last, knowing that in most cases done is better than perfect is important - getting the current problem right to the sixth decimal place is almost always less impactful than getting to the next problem.
If this role sounds interesting go check out the product (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/) and if you find this exciting, then we look forward to hearing from you!
- Solve marketing and product analytics problems by doing work such as developing data structures, pipelines, and data visualizations that enable us to find insights and take action by working with click data, event data, user provided data, third party data, and more
- Perform analyses that inform decisions on everything from retention strategy to product experience using predictive and descriptive analytical techniques
- Communicate findings from analyses in a way that enables business leaders to make better decisions
- Ability to help design and execute product and marketing experiments through A/B testing
- 5+ years of experience in generating and sharing insights from product/marketing data
- Technical experience including SQL, some form of coding (Python, Scala, etc), and ETL/scheduling such tools as Airflow
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Superset, etc.
- Experience working with SaaS-based subscription metrics including conversion, retention and product usage is preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passionate about data
- Undergrad Degree in Quantitative Field (Masters preferred)
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.