Apple: Data Scientist, Ad Platforms [Cupertino, CA]
Seeking a self-motivated individual that will build out the next generation of our ads platforms. Projects range from generating algorithms that drive our auctions to building out data products to help our advertisers manage the efficiency and quality of their campaign strategies.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Data Scientist, Ad Platforms
This job is closed.
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual that will build out the next generation of our ads platforms. Projects range from generating algorithms that drive our auctions to building out data products to help our advertisers manage the efficiency and quality of their campaign strategies. You will have the opportunity to develop models that improve our platform across the board, write production code to generate recommendations, work closely with business partners to help drive the development of new products as well as perform large scale and complex experiments to understand their effects.
You should have several years of experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms, ideally within the ads space. You will have an excellent understanding of scalable architectures and thrive working in Agile environments. The ability to be a good team player under tight deadline constraints is key to success.
- You've earned a PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics, Optimization or related field with experience building production systems or have equivalent experience working with large data science / machine learning projects in industry.
- Consistent track record delivering production software.
- Deep fluency in Java or Python.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks.
- Proven mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning and statistics.
- Experience defining and running large scale experiments.
- You enjoy working closing with partners to build and create data driven products.
At Ad Platforms, we are constantly developing algorithms to provide amazing user experiences and drive value for publishers and developers. We are looking for engineers to understand how to improve the efficiency of our auctions, understand and identify opportunities for improvement in our platform and build out data products that drive value for our advertisers.
- Invent, design and implement new algorithms using machine learning and data science systems.
- Design and implement experimentation strategies to understand the impact of new models.
- Work with cross functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems in an agile setting.
- Produce high quality code with excellent reliability and scalability.
Ph.D. in analytical/technical field (e.g. CS, math, statistics, economics) or equivalent experience.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.