Apple: Software Engineer, Ad Platforms [Cupertino, CA]
Seeking an engineer for the Core Services Platform team, which designs and builds best of breed systems for dealing with our complex and ever-growing data and infrastructure platform needs that help run campaigns and deliver advertising content deliver advertising data to Ad Server and Big Data pipelines.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Position: Software Engineer, Ad Platforms
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
The Core Services Platform team designs and builds best of breed systems for dealing with our complex and ever-growing data and infrastructure platform needs that help run campaigns and deliver advertising content deliver advertising data to Ad Server and Big Data pipelines. The team is directly responsible for systems that are used by thousands of advertisers, publishers and developers and has high visibility in the mobile advertising space.
- 5 or more years of industry experience building scalable micro services and data driven platforms.
- You have experience in crafting and implementing resilient and scalable RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in object oriented software development with a deep understanding of scalable distributed systems like Cassandra, Solr, Kafka, spark and/or Hadoop.
- Experience building and scaling systems both on premise and the cloud. Experience architecting for a hybrid cloud environment is highly desired.
- Strong technical leadership skill, proven experience architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critical services.
- Experience working on complex problems and systems where scalability and performance are very important (every millisecond counts).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Results oriented and deadline driven A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment Prior experience in advertising industry is a huge plus.
Core Services team is the backbone of Apple’s ad platforms, driving the external API’s for advertising and campaign management and the metadata that drives the relevance engine. As a key contributor to this team, you will design and develop secure and scalable back-end systems that deliver key business data to ad servers and big data pipelines. You will build and maintain interfaces used by both internal systems and thousands of developers and advertisers worldwide. You are self-motivated, have excellent design instincts, and enjoy working cross-functionally. You will enjoy high-performing, elegant systems from the ground up, in close partnerships with various teams around you. You will also possess keen judgement in selecting technologies and building the right solution for the interesting challenges we get to tackle here.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required Master's degree preferred
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Top Stories Past 30 Days