Path2Response LLC: Sr Data Scientist [Louisville, CO]
Seeking a seasoned Senior Data Scientist that will leverage advanced analytics to solve some of the most interesting business problems across Path2Response. The candidate will operate in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple roles as the senior member of a growing team.
At: Path2Response LLC
Location: Louisville, CO
Position: Sr Data Scientist
Who We Are
Path2Response is the newest entry into the data cooperative space. We leverage cutting-edge technology as well as proprietary intent data to provide the best targeting for our clients marketing campaigns. We are an Agile team building flexible and scalable systems that can adapt quickly to leverage new data sources or changes in channel and target.
What We Do and How We Work
We identify which consumers are the best for each of our client's marketers to contact. How do we do that? By applying analysis tools like predictive modeling, data visualizations, and machine learning to the rich data collected from Path2Response's partners.
We embed ourselves with Path2Responses developers. We meet with them daily, in line with 2 week Sprints, to ensure that our teams are collaborating towards goals that we planned together in two week sprints. Similarly, Data Science works closely with Path2Responses account managers and Product team to ensure we are continuously providing valuable products and services to our clients.
Who We Are Seeking
We are seeking a seasoned Senior Data Scientist that will leverage advanced analytics to solve some of the most interesting business problems across Path2Response. The candidate will operate in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple roles as the senior member of a growing team. They should be able to take business requirements, translate them into technical requirements, and code/design the parts relevant for data science. They will have the opportunity to research and experiment with innovative new techniques in machine learning, statistics, and operations research across a wide variety of applications. They should be able to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. In addition, the candidate should be a confident communicator who can explain statistical and modeling concepts to stakeholders ranging from engineering, to sales, to executives. They will work closely with the Product Owner and CTO to develop new products, data sources, and technologies.
This role requires the ability to balance between hands-on work and delegating to others. Although theres a strong technical focus, you must be comfortable taking on non-technical assignments such as project management and training of more junior data scientists. You will serve as an individual contributor or as a lead depending on assignment. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and an ability to approach problems from many different perspectives.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Explore external sets of data to find what could be used to improve existing products or drive new ventures
- Suggest and design methods for statistical methods and predictive modeling to be applied to aspects of business beyond direct marketing targeting
- Delegate stories to other members of Data Science team and provide feedback and oversight
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Provide key contributions to product design to ensure existing data is leveraged to the fullest extent in order to meet business and product goals
- Mentor junior Data Science team members and facilitate a culture of learning, problem solving, and exploration
What you Need to Be Successful
- Master's degree in statistics, operations research, computer science, physics or a related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience applying machine learning, statistical modeling, or optimization algorithms to large data sets in a production setting
- Desire and experience with training, mentoring, or managing more junior employees
- Consistent track record of contribution to large-scale data science projects
- Experience working with creating production level modeling systems
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Advanced knowledge of R (in particular tidyverse, shiny, and predictive modeling packages)
- Some proficiency with Python, Scala, and/or MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience with JSON file format and basic Linux commands
- Experience using version control systems (ex. Git)
- Experience with AWS S3 and EC2 is a plus
- Experience in Agile work environment is a plus
- Be flexible and adapt to change quickly - We are continuously innovating to drive improved results for our clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Work well in a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making skills
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude
Perks of the Role
- Data Science is a small team. You will get to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Path2Response is a small company -Your contributions will make a big impact and be highly visible
- You will interact directly with the companys executive team.
- Path2Response emphasizes innovation. New ideas are welcomed and encouraged
- Company has deep industry experience and individuals enjoy sharing their expertise
- We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance along with company matched retirement plans and unlimited Personal Time Off
**Must be a US Citizen**
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jm85wgkhwnk2kgxd