RS21: Senior Data Scientist [Albuquerque, NM]
Our ideal candidate knows the importance of understanding the context of data as it relates to a variety of analytical methods and the needs of the client. Our Data Scientists lead research driven approaches to create custom solutions for complex social problems our clients face.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Position: Data Scientist
RS21 is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Data Scientist to join our team to lead cutting-edge analytics and impactful insights for our clients. The Data Science team is comprised of statisticians, engineers, geographers, economists, and scholars making impactful insights into a wide variety of problems for local, state, and federal governments as well as private companies.
Our ideal candidate knows the importance of understanding the context of data as it relates to a variety of analytical methods and the needs of the client. Our Data Scientists lead research driven approaches to create custom solutions for complex social problems our clients face. We work collaboratively with brilliant and creative teams of developers, designers, and project managers from a variety of backgrounds. As such, the expectation of this role is to help exceed the expectations of existing and prospective RS21 clients with game changing impacts in our products and service.
In other words, you do really cool stuff and have fun doing it.
This role is a great fit for you if:
- You love brainstorming and whiteboard sessions with diverse team members
- You thrive in intense and complicated client environments
- You love operating in a fast-paced agile approach to development
- You enjoy researching different problem spaces
- You thrive on the intellectual challenge of creating and coding new analytical methods
- You have a demonstrated passion for thinking about data, problems, and solutions differently
RS21 is a global data analytics and visualization consultancy specializing in helping cities and organizations of all sizes solve the world’s most complex problems through systems-thinking and clear, accessible, and inspiring tools to promote data-driven decision-making. We believe we can create a better world by looking at it differently.
With better data and the right tools to understand it, we can discover new and creative solutions for the world’s most complex problems. We know that affordable technologies, open data platforms, and outside-of-the-box thinking can drive collaboration, create solutions, and reinvent the human experience.
That's why we created RS21.
Our multi-disciplinary teams of data scientists, urban planners, visual designers, and software engineers work together in a fast-paced, cutting-edge atmosphere to envision, create, and implement custom analytics platforms to shed new light on complex problems worldwide through interactive data analytics environments. From natural disaster risk mitigation to analyzing root causes underlying population health, we believe no problem is too complex to be addressed by emerging technologies and carefully curated data-driven insights.
Since our genesis as a scrappy tech startup in 2015, intellectual diversity has been crucial to the success and rapid growth of the business. Our teams are staffed with a wide range of intellectual backgrounds, bringing unique perspectives to the table from fields such as architecture, urban planning, engineering, film and special effects, business, linguistics, economics, mathematics, and computer science. Across these multiple perspectives, constructive debate is not only encouraged, but mandatory in our collaborative process.
- Over 10 years of experience in data science including machine learning, programming, solution ideation, and client engagements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- You have a Masters or Ph.D in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics, or related field is preferred.
- Broad understanding and curiosity of real world problems and identifying creative solutions to those problems.
- Understanding of different engineering and social science frameworks and theories.
- Strong experience in advanced data analytics which may include machine learning such as neural networks, Bayesian Statistics, Pattern Recognition, A/B testing, Game Theory, Agent Based Modeling, Time Series, Monte-Carlo Simulation, multivariant analysis, and/or optimization.
- Demonstrated experience in R, Python, or other data programming language.