Humn.ai: Lead Data Scientist [London, UK]
Seeking a Lead Data Scientists, an early member of the company who will play a key role in building out and defining Humn's data science capability, providing input from key technology choices to hiring decisions.
Location: London, UK
Position: Lead Data Scientist
Email [email protected].
If creating impactful predictive models in a fast moving company with the latest technology stack sounds good to you then read on!
Who are we?
Humn is a London-based startup providing real-time analytics & insurance pricing for commercial fleet drivers. Our core platform utilizes streaming telematic data and adjusts insurance pricing in real time reacting to the driver’s usage, behaviour, environment and needs. We focus primarily on ride-hailing, vehicle sharing and delivery services and are disrupting the commercial insurance industry by providing solutions that support the sharing economy.
What’s important to us?
At Humn our work ethos is built on the principles of empowerment and autonomy. We believe in the power of open collaboration, open communication & open source software. We need people who understand what is like to be part of a shared mission and what it takes for a team to succeed. Skills are important but people are everything. If these words speak to you, you should speak to us!
What kind of things will you be responsible for?
- As an early member of the company you will play a key role in building out and defining Humn's data science capability: providing input from key technology choices to hiring decisions
- Ownership of the platform's context aware, real-time behavioural pricing engine
- Creation of models to predict driving events and classify driving behaviours
- Real-time anomaly detection models
- Optimisation of underwriting risk models
- A/B testing and validating hypotheses in driver reward programs
What skills will you need?
- Very strong Python skills and 3+ years professional experience building production grade ML services
- Excellent understanding of ML core theoretical concepts and applied statistics
- Expertise in data science related python libraries eg: pandas, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, XGBoost
- Experience in deploying models as APIs using python (eg Flask)
- Solid understanding of building asynchronous and multithreaded apps
- Experience working with RDBMSs via an ORM (eg SQLAlchemy)
- Comfort working on the Command line
- Deploying models in a CI pipeline
A great candidate would have experience with:
- Scala and functional programming techniques
- Apache Flink
- NoSQL databases (like Cassandra or HBase)
- Modern data warehousing (Hive, Kylin or Presto)
- Familiarity in working with Docker/Kubernetes
- AWS frameworks (EC2, S3, EKS, EMR)
- Know how to interact programmatically with AWS services using libraries such as boto and chalice for serverless functions
- Good communicator
- An eagerness to learn
- Good explainer: can make the complex simple
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary
- You will participate in our options scheme and will benefit from being an early joiner
- Work from the London office, from home or from anywhere!
- Very flexible and generous vacation policy
- A cutting edge technical environment to tune your skills
Don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry about it, we still want to hear from you if you think you're the right person for the job.