Wake Forest University: Data Scientist, Institutional Research [Winston Salem, NC]
Seeking a Data Scientist to play a key role in the discovery of knowledge and insights through quantitative and qualitative research for the success of Wake Forest University (WFU).
At: Wake Forest University
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Position: Data Scientist, Institutional Research
The Data Scientist will play a key role in the discovery of knowledge and insights through quantitative and qualitative research for the success of Wake Forest University (WFU). They will be responsible for translating student, faculty, and staff data into clear, usable, actionable information that supports the crafting and execution of university strategies. The primary responsibilities of the Data Scientist generally fall into one of the three areas of effort: 1) knowledge discovery through analysis of data, 2) visualize and communicate information derived from data to a broad-range of campus stakeholders, and 3) serving as contributor, technical resource, and trainer to university data-analytics community.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Informatics, or related field with 3 to 4 years of experience analyzing and synthesizing complex data sets to produce highly readable, informative reports, and presentations.
- Exceptional deductive and inductive reasoning skills and understanding of the potential fallacy with weak induction.
- Creative thinker who proposes innovative and inclusive ways to look at problems using data mining.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis and modeling techniques including probability and statistical models, Bayesian models, forecasting techniques, time series and trend analysis, regression, analysis of variance and multivariate analysis, factor analysis, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Strong experience with predictive models and machine learning techniques such as clustering, regression, artificial neural networks, decision trees, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS (Base, Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide, and/or Visual Analytics), R, or SPSS.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Power BI or similar software to create visualizations for web publication, presentations, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with co-workers representing a variety of perspectives to create an inclusive workplace.
Top Stories Past 30 Days