McKinsey: Data Engineer [Wroclaw, Poland]
McKinsey is seeking a Data Engineer in Wroclaw, Poland, to enable effective, highly scalable data analysis pipelines and play a critical role in database design, development, data integration and ingestion, as well as designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques.
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Position: Data Engineer
You will be a part of the McKinsey Advanced Analytics team in Wroclaw and a member of our global analytics community. McKinsey Analytics work together with clients to shape future of what data-driven organizations look like, creating new lines of thinking within a diverse range of clients and situations. Our clients realize immediate and long-term improvements in top-line growth in areas such as churn reduction, customer and channel management; pricing and promotion optimization and operational improvements, like fraud prevention, talent retention and predictive maintenance. Such impact has been proven in over 2,000 projects in the last two years with many of the world’s leading companies and institutions.
What You'll Do
You will work with a highly-collaborative team data scientists and data engineers to develop strategies for extracting, transforming and optimizing data flows from complex, sometimes disparate, data sources.
You will work with our clients’ entire data ecosystem to enable effective, highly scalable data analysis pipelines and play a critical role in database design, development, data integration and ingestion, as well as designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques. Most work will be done remotely from Wroclaw, however you will be expected to travel to client locations for meetings.
Facing new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, you will continuously build your methodological knowledge and skills and contribute to team strategy on knowledge and capability development.
- Min BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Strong experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, Python, Java, Scala, C#, R
- Knowledge of Linux; Bash is a plus
- Knowledge of efficient data structures for medium to large data sets for Advanced Analytics applications
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Experience and interest in relational data base management systems (MySQL, IBM DB2, Oracle Database, etc.) and big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Presto, Hive, Impala, Spark, HBase)
- Knowledge of cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) is a plus
- Ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across disparate data sets
- You will have a strong understanding of information security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data.
- Distinctive verbal and written communication skills
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others with diverse skill-sets and disciplines
- Highly motivated with the ability to perform under tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new technologies
Link for application: https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/search-jobs/jobs/dataengineer-advancedanalytics-17278