NBCUniversal: Manager, Revenue Management [Orlando, FL]
Seeking a Manager, Revenue Management, to drive adoption of pricing recommendations developed from the Revenue Management System by collaborating with business partners in Merchandise, Food & Beverage, and Express, and formulate and apply advanced analytical approaches in the development of revenue management models to drive that adoption.
Location: Orlando, FL
Position: Manager, Revenue Management
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
Our team is made up of hard-working professionals who bring strong education and solid work experience in industrial engineering, business analytics, and data science. We believe in our business and are dedicated to its vision and long-term success. We are growing rapidly, and seeking top talent to grow with us. If you think you could add value to our group, please review our job description and apply below!
Manager, Revenue Management – Data Science https://www.universalorlandojobs.com/job/9778639/manager-revenue-management-data-science-orlando-fl/
JOB SUMMARY: Drive adoption of pricing recommendations developed from the Revenue Management System by collaborating with business partners in Merchandise, Food & Beverage, and Express. Formulate and apply advanced analytical approaches in the development of revenue management models to drive that adoption. Support and guide Revenue Management Analysts on the use of advanced model development methodologies to develop sound pricing recommendations.
- Formulate and apply advance analytical approaches in the development of revenue management models for Express, Food & Beverage, and Merchandise. Support and guide Revenue Management Analysts on the use of advanced model development techniques. Develop strategies that will drive optimal pricing decision making and lead to incremental operating cash flow.
- Provide pricing recommendations, collaborate with product owners to refine pricing decisions and implement pricing recommendations. Develop and maintain dashboards and reporting to further enhance visibility and transparency to the modeling and performance.
- Establish key performance tracking metrics and monitor ongoing performance; validate and optimize revenue management system assumptions and setting on an ongoing basis. Test new products, adjust price and calculate demand sensitivity to make recommendations and implement changes to optimize profitability.
- Troubleshoot forecast and optimization anomalies with revenue management team through the use of statistical and mathematical optimization models. Develop testing to explain and or reduce these anomalies.
SCOPE: Develop Revenue Management models and solutions for Express/FOL, Food, Merchandise and other ancillary products across all domestic parks sales channels.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s and Master’s degree is required. Ph.D. is preferred. MS and Ph.D. degrees in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Able to query databases using SQL, R and/or Python.
- Coding experience with Python or R preferred.
- Experience in entertainment, food and beverage and/or retail industries preferred.
- Familiar with visual analytic tools, such as Tableau, is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and ability to work through complex problems.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work through complex problems.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE