Lincoln Clean Energy: Director, Asset Performance [Austin, TX]
Seeking an Asset Performance Director, a role which requires an individual that possesses a strong technical skill set and the ability to communicate findings effectively throughout the organization.
At: Lincoln Clean Energy
Location: Austin, TX
Position: Director, Asset Performance
About the Company
Lincoln Clean Energy (LCE) is a developer, owner, and operator of clean power projects with a particular focus on wind and solar power in the United States.
We have successfully developed projects involving over $2 billion in capital investment in some of the largest electricity markets in the US (including Texas, California, and New Jersey).
Acquired by Orsted in 2018, LCE is now positioned to be the long term owner of the projects it develops. Building on its strong track record in project development, LCE has successfully financed over 1 GW of wind projects.
The Asset Performance Director role requires an individual that possesses a strong technical skill set and the ability to communicate findings effectively throughout the organization. The position typically includes the following tasks:
- Identify the best asset performance management system for data collection, reporting, and analysis for LCE/Onshore business unit.
- Lead coordination with technical consultants to implement required system
- Assist with development of processes for on-boarding of existing and new operating assets.
- Perform analyses of plant performance across portfolio (wind, solar, and battery) to identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Communicate key findings to management and support discussions with equipment OEMs by presenting findings.
- Lead the further development and monitoring of performance indicators.
- Ensure data integrity across data platforms and that SCADA systems are collecting and calculating data elements correctly.
- Develop additional tools to analyze asset conditions and performance.
- Identify key risks and opportunities across the asset portfolio; business case development for improvements where required
- Support reporting of asset performance internally to business unit and to group
- A Bachelors Degree in engineering, sciences, or relevant field;
- Advanced computing aptitude, including data handling, programming, and analysis;
- Demonstrated experience drawing new insights out of data sets in any industry;
- The flexibility and enthusiasm to thrive in an expanding business;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Work from our Austin, TX office;
- Strong interest in renewable energy;
- Ability to travel for work (less than 10% of the role).
- A Masters Degree in engineering, science or relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience
- Mastery of any data visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)