- Jan 20-23, EGC 2004, 4èmes journées d'Extraction et de Gestion des Connaissances, Clermont Ferrand, France. (EGC 2004: 4th French-Speaking Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Knowledge Management)
- Feb 1-3, ESOMAR Technovate 2, Market Research Technology & Innovation Conference, including workshops on Data Mining, Barcelona, Spain.
- Mar 22-24, CART Data Mining'04, International Data Mining Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Mar 30 - Apr 2, ICDE'04 - Int. Conf. on Data Engineering, Boston, MA, USA.
- Apr 5-7, ECIR 2004, U. of Sunderland, U.K
- Apr 22-24, SDM04: SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining, Orlando, FL, USA.
- May 26-28, PAKDD'04, 8th Pacific-Asia Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Sydney, Australia
- June 12-13, CDB'04, 1st Int. Symposium on Applications of Constraint Databases, in conjunction with SIGMOD-PODS 2004, Paris, France.
- Jun 13-18, SIGMOD-PODS 2004, ACM Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, Paris, France.
- Jun 22-24, DATA MINING CUP, User Event Days in Chemnitz, Germany.
- June 27-30, NAFIPS-04, Fuzzy Sets in the Heart of Canadian Rockies, Banff, Alberta, Canada
Three co-located major AI conferences:
- July 1-4, COLT - Conference on Learning Theory
- July 4-8, ICML - International Conference on Machine Learning
- July 8-11, UAI - Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence
- Jul 2-3, 4th Industrial Conference on Data Mining ICDM 2004, Leipzig, Germany.
- Jul 4-9, IPMU-2004, 10th Int. Conf. on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems, Perugia, Italy.
- Jul 25-29, AAAI 2004, IAAI 2004, San Jose, USA.
- Jul 25-29, SIGIR 2004, Sheffield, UK
- Aug 8-12, JSM: Joint Statistical Meetings, Toronto, Canada.
- August 18-20, Total Microarray Data Analysis and Interpretation, Washington, D.C.
- Aug 22-25, KDD-2004, the 10th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Aug 25-27, Fifth International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL04), Exeter, UK.
- Aug 30 - Sep 3, VLDB 2004, Toronto, Canada
- Sep 15-17, Wessex DATA MINING 2004, Malaga, Spain
- Sep 20-24, 2004 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI'04), Beijing, China
- Sep 20-24, ECML/PKDD-2004: The 15th European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML) and the 8th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery inDatabases (PKDD), Pisa, Italy
- September 20, KDID 2004, 3rd International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery in Inductive Databases, Pisa, Italy.
Dialogues 2004, colocating
ALT - 15th Conference on Algorithmic Learning Theory
DS - 7th Conference on Discovery Science
SPIRE - 11th Conference on String Processing and Information Retrieval
- Oct 18-19, M2004, SAS' Seventh Annual Data Mining Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Oct 20-22, 2004 Insightful User Conference, Boston, MA.
- Oct 24-27, SPSS Directions 2004 user conference, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Oct 24-27, INFORMS, the Premier Conference for OR/MS Professionals, Denver, CO.
- Nov 1-4, IEEE ICDM'04, International Conference on Data Mining, Brighton, UK.
- Nov 10-12, Critical Assessment of Microarray Data Analysis (CAMDA'04), Durham, NC, US.
- December 5-7, NCDM Winter 2004, Orlando, FL.
- Dec 6-10, AI-2004, the 17th Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Cairns, Australia.
- Dec 6, Australasian Data Mining Conference, in conjunction with AI-2004 (above), Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
- Dec 16-18, ICMLA '04, International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, Louisville, KY, USA.