( Previous issue |
Next issue )
KDnuggetsTM News 03:15, Aug 19, 2003
(see also KDnuggets Courses page)
- (item1) Poll Results: Banking/Finance is the most frequent industry group
- (item2) New Poll: Industries/fields where you currently apply data mining?
- (item3) Heikki Mannila - winner of ACM SIGKDD 2003 Innovations Award
- (item4) Usama Fayyad - winner of ACM SIGKDD 2003 Service Award
- (item5) KDD 2003 Last Call for Participation
(see also KDnuggets Jobs page)
- (item6) New Exploratory Data Analytic Modeling course coming to San Francisco, Sep 10!
- (item7) DATA MINING: LEVELS I, II & III [ San Diego: Sep | Las Vegas: Dec ]
(see also KDnuggets Publications page)
- (item8) Wilmington, DE: Business Card PDB Senior Analyst at Bank One, Card Services
- (item9) Wilmington, DE: Decision Tech Sr Analyst at Bank One, Card Services
- (item10) Wilmington, DE: Business Card PDB Manager at Bank One, Card Services
- (item11) Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; or Fayetteville, AR: Marketing Analyst at major financial company
- (item12) San Francisco, CA: Marketing Database Analyst at Wells Fargo
- (item13) IEEE ICDM 2003 - Accepted Papers
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item14) Yahoo Selects Island Data for real-time analysis of textual customer feedback
- (item15) ClarityBlue integrates KXEN's predictive modelling technology to achieve improved customer insight
- (item16) 6-degrees of separation in email?
- (item17) Poindexter leaving DARPA
- (item18) Alterian takes the guesswork out of marketing with powerful new data modeling solution
- (item19) Data Mining used to detect credit card fraud
- (item20) Informatica Launches Informatica SuperGlue - a Metadata Management Product
- (item21) DMSEC-03: Data Mining for Computer Security, deadline Aug 22
VDM-03: Visual Data Mining, deadline Sep 8
Spec. Issue on Data and Information Cleaning and Preprocessing, deadline Dec 1
It was this "data-mining" process that turned up the C/EBP-beta gene,
from Science Daily story on an important new discovery on how common cancer gene works in tandem with another gene to spur the unchecked growth of cells.
Copyright © 2003 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!