- Human Involvement Helps Researchers Perfect New Algorithms to Train Robots - Mar 22, 2018.
Many underestimate the role of humans in successful deployment of AI solutions. Alegion engine produces AI training data and enables content moderation, sentiment analysis, data enrichment, tagging, categorization, and more.
- Meet experts in AI & Industrial Automation in San Francisco: Save with KDnuggets - Mar 13, 2018.
This June 18-19, RE-WORK will be returning to San Francisco to host the Deep Learning for Robotics Summit and the AI in Industrial Automation Summit. Save 20% with the code KDNUGGETS
- Artificial Intelligence Conference – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Mar 8, 2018.
The AI Conference returns to New York, Apr 28-May 2. No other conference delivers the depth and breadth in technical content combined with an applied industry focus. Save an extra 20% on most passes with code PCKDNG.
- 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2018.
For the 2018 international women's day, we profile 18 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Analytics, Big Data , Data science, and Machine Learning areas.
- Business and Innovation in AI, Boston, May 1-2 + Save 60% - Mar 7, 2018.
Accelerate AI (X AI) brings business professionals, management and thought leaders together with executive speakers and AI experts to learn one of the most important skills necessary for future success, artificial intelligence. Save 60% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Is an AI /machine-driven world better than a human driven world? - Mar 7, 2018.
On the positive side of AI we have a prospect of self-driving cars, and other benefits, and thru education humans can evolve and improve. The risks include loss of jobs, growing inequality, dealing with superintelligence.
- The 5th AI+Blockchain NEXTCon, Santa Clara, April 10-13, 2018 - Mar 5, 2018.
The 5th AI+Blockchain NEXTCon brings 50+ tech lead speakers from Microsoft, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Uber, other leading firms to share best practices and solutions in machine learning, deep learning, NLP, Data science, Blockchain and more. Save 30% by Mar 9 with code KDNUGGET100.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: March and Beyond - Mar 2, 2018.
Coming soon: Strata San Jose, IBM Think Las Vegas, KNIME Spring Summit Berlin, Predictive Analytics Innovation London, ICDIS Texas, AnacondaCON Austin, and many more.
- The Current Hype Cycle in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 28, 2018.
Over the past decade, the field of artificial intelligence (AI) has seen striking developments. As surveyed in, there now exist over twenty domains in which AI programs are performing at least as well as (if not better than) humans.
- The New Neural Internet is Coming - Feb 23, 2018.
The Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) are the first step of neural networks technology learning creativity.
- Age of AI Conference 2018 – Day 2 Highlights - Feb 23, 2018.
Here are some of the highlights from the second day of the Age of AI Conference, February 1, at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Pages: 1 2
- Age of AI Conference 2018 – Day 1 Highlights - Feb 21, 2018.
Here are some of the highlights from the first day of the Age of AI Conference, January 31, at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Pages: 1 2
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Conference, April 29 – May 2, 2018, NYC – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 20, 2018.
Join the leading minds in AI, explore AI latest developments, separate hype from reality, and learn how to apply AI in your organization right now. Use code PCKDNG. Early price ends Mar 16.
- Where AI is already rivaling humans - Feb 20, 2018.
Since 2011, AI hit hypergrowth, and researchers have created several AI solutions that are almost as good as – or better than – humans in several domains, including games, healthcare, computer vision and object recognition, speech to text conversion, speaker recognition, and improved robots and chat-bots for solving specific problems.
- Resurgence of AI During 1983-2010 - Feb 16, 2018.
We discuss supervised learning, unsupervised learning and reinforcement learning, neural networks, and 6 reasons that helped AI Research and Development to move ahead.
- Neural network AI is simple. So… Stop pretending you are a genius - Feb 15, 2018.
This post may come off as a rant, but that’s not so much its intent, as it is to point out why we went from having very few AI experts, to having so many in so little time.
- 3 principles for solving AI Dilemma: Optimization vs Explanation - Feb 14, 2018.
We propose 3 principles for maximizing the benefits of machine learning without sacrificing its intelligence.
- Insurance AI – the roadmap to impact (exclusive whitepaper Blue Cross, Zurich, Unum & CCA Global Partners) - Feb 13, 2018.
Understanding where and how AI will impact insurance is crucial to deliver growth and true business value. Download the whitepaper “Insurance AI – The Roadmap to Impact” which includes partners' AI plans for 2020 and which steps they are taking today to achieve this vision.
- The Birth of AI and The First AI Hype Cycle - Feb 13, 2018.
A dazzling review of AI History, from Alan Turing and Turing Test, to Simon and Newell and Logic Theorist, to Marvin Minsky and Perceptron, birth of Rule-based systems and Machine Learning, Eliza - first chatbot, Robotics, and the bust which led to first AI Winter.
- 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know Machine Learning and AI was used for - Feb 12, 2018.
AI was compared to the discovery of fire, but its impact hinges on how creative we are with the technology—just like it did for early humans employing fire. Here are four diverse examples of applied AI to get your creative juices flowing.
- Expanding Self-Service BI with AI-Powered Analytics, Feb 22 - Feb 9, 2018.
Learn how AI and machine learning technology will expand adoption of service-service BI by making it easier for business users to answer ad hoc questions and perform advanced analysis on their own.
- Join RE•WORK & AI experts in London, Boston and Hong Kong – KDNUGGETS discount - Feb 8, 2018.
Miss RE•WORK in San Francisco? Join AI and deep learning experts in London, Hong Kong or Boston, and save 25% with the code KDNUGGETS.
- AI & Machine Learning: the key skills every software engineer needs in 2018 - Feb 7, 2018.
Designed specifically by, and for, senior software engineers, architects, and technical engineering managers, QCon.ai is a dedicated conference for AI and machine learning. Use code KDnuggets by Feb 17 to save.
- 2018 Predictions for the Analytics & Data Science Hiring Market - Feb 6, 2018.
What do you think of this year’s predictions? Do you see any new tools on the horizon, or do you believe data science popularity is due for a reckoning of sorts?
- Challenge Yourself to Think, Mar 19-22, Las Vegas - Feb 5, 2018.
Think 2018 is for those who seek inspiration and education, reinvention and innovation, want to connect with experts and seek progress. It is for understanding what is going on in the world around AI, Cloud, Data, Security, and Systems and discovering what’s possible. Use code TK18CAC to save.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: February and Beyond - Feb 2, 2018.
Coming soon: TDWI Las Vegas, BI + Analytics Huntington Beach, Strata San Jose, IBM Think Las Vegas, Big Data & Analytics Singapore, KNIME Berlin, Nvidia GPU, and more.
- The AGI/Deep Learning Connection - Feb 1, 2018.
Also, deep learning would definitely prove to be an essential component to create truly intelligent machines but probably not enough alone.
- Webinar: AI, Machine Learning and Chatbots Improving Insurance Profitability & CX, Feb 15 - Jan 29, 2018.
Join Insurance Nexus as we talk to MetLife, Chubb and Nationwide about how to prioritize investments and internal resources. Learn which innovations will have the biggest impact on customer experience and improved profitability.
- Using Deep Learning to Solve Real World Problems - Jan 25, 2018.
Deep learning offers every company with large data new techniques to solve complex analytical problems. Read this ebook to learn more.
- Four Big Data Trends for 2018 - Jan 25, 2018.
Curious about the future of Big Data and AI? Here’s what the trends have it in 2018 for innovations.
- AI and Sentiment Analysis to help you move ahead of the competition - Jan 23, 2018.
A series of stimulating conferences on AI and Sentiment Analysis in Hong Kong, Bangalore and London. Use code KDHK20 to receive 20% discount on any of these events.
- Comparing Machine Learning as a Service: Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud AI - Jan 22, 2018.
A complete and unbiased comparison of the three most common Cloud Technologies for Machine Learning as a Service.
Pages: 1 2
- Visual Aesthetics: Judging photo quality using AI techniques - Jan 18, 2018.
We built a deep learning system that can automatically analyze and score an image for aesthetic quality with high accuracy. Check the demo and see your photo measures up!
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n03, Jan 17: Top 10 TED Talks on Data Science, Machine Learning; How Docker Can Help You Become A More Effective Data Scientist - Jan 17, 2018.
Also A Primer on Web Scraping in R; Elasticsearch for Dummies; Generative Adversarial Networks, an overview,
- A Day in the Life of an AI Developer - Jan 16, 2018.
This is the narrative of a typical AI Sunday, where I decided to look at building a sequence to sequence (seq2seq) model based chatbot using some already available sample code and data from the Cornell movie database.
- Local AI Inferencing Will Become Standard In Edge Applications In 2018 - Jan 12, 2018.
Edge-based inferencing will become a foundation of all AI-infused applications in the Internet of Things and People and the majority of new IoT&P application-development projects will involve building the AI-driven smarts for deployment to edge devices for various levels of local sensor-driven inferencing.
- AI and Deep Learning in Healthcare – save with code KDnuggets - Jan 11, 2018.
This year, RE-WORK will be continuing the Global Healthcare Series, focusing on the AI and deep learning tools and techniques set to revolutionise healthcare applications, medicine & diagnostics. Save an additional 20% on already discounted passes with the code: KDNUGGETS
- Democratizing Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Learning with Dell EMC Ready Solutions - Jan 11, 2018.
Democratization is defined as the action/development of making something accessible to everyone, to the “common masses.” AI | ML | DL technology stacks are complicated systems to tune and maintain, expertise is limited, and one minimal change of the stack can lead to failure.
- Top 10 TED Talks for Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers - Jan 10, 2018.
A comprehensive and diverse compilation of TED talks to understand the big picture of AI and Machine Learning.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n02, Jan 10: Quantum Machine Learning; AI & Blockchain Convergence; Building a Successful Analytics Dept - Jan 10, 2018.
Quantum Machine Learning: An Overview; How to build a Successful Advanced Analytics Department; Top Data Science, Machine Learning Courses from Udemy; Supercharging Visualization with Apache Arrow; The Convergence of AI and Blockchain: What's the deal?
- Driverless AI: Fast, Accurate, Interpretable AI - Jan 9, 2018.
H2O.ai recently launched Driverless AI, which speeds up data science workflows by automating feature engineering, model tuning, ensembling, and model deployment.
- Introductory Data Concepts: Fantastic Video Tutorials from Ronald van Loon - Jan 8, 2018.
Check out these introductory data videos from noted expert and influencer Ronald van Loon.
- Cartoon: AI at Home: How Far Can A Smart Device Go? - Jan 6, 2018.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at AI at Home technology and considers how a novel way how a smart device can help its owner to lose weight.
- EY: AI Scientist - Jan 5, 2018.
Seeking AI Scientist who will be driving EY into the future and help change the way we do business, enter new markets and serve clients.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in less than 50 years, say KDnuggets readers - Jan 5, 2018.
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) will likely be achieved in less than 50 years, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. The median estimate from all regions was 21-50 years, except in Asia where AGI is expected in 11-20 years.
- The Convergence of AI and Blockchain: What’s the deal? - Jan 5, 2018.
This article wants to give a flavor of the potentialities realized at the intersection of AI and Blockchain and discuss standard definitions, challenges, and benefits of this alliance, as well as about some interesting player in this space.
Pages: 1 2
- NVIDIA: AI Developer Technology Engineer - Jan 4, 2018.
NVIDIA is looking for a passionate, world-class computer scientist to work in its Compute Developer Technology (Devtech) team as an AI Developer Technology Engineer.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: January and Beyond - Jan 2, 2018.
Coming soon: Deep Learning Summit San Francisco, Data Science Salon Miami, TDWI Las Vegas, BI + Analytics Conference Huntington Beach, Applied AI Summit London, Strata San Jose, and more.
- Everything Changes: A Human Perspective on Digitization - Jan 2, 2018.
An insightful, thought-provoking article on digital disruption and evolution of technology.
- How AI Learns What You’re Willing to Pay - Dec 28, 2017.
Why are we all paying different prices? Is it price "personalization" or price "discrimination"? The answer isn't so simple.
- View from Google Assistant: Are we becoming reliant on AI? - Dec 26, 2017.
AI is powering a paradigm shift in human machine interaction and conversational UIs like Alexa, Cortana, Google Assistant, and Siri, have the potential to break free from some key limitations of mobile app.
- Demystifying Data Science - Dec 26, 2017.
Marketing scientist Kevin Gray asks Dr. Randy Bartlett of Blue Sigma Analytics what Data Science really is and how it can help decision-makers.
- Is Religion The Next Frontier For AI? - Dec 23, 2017.
Different civilizations have worshiped many different gods and deities. Science, discovery and new technologies have influenced religion in the past, so will our digital age should birth an AI god?
- An Introduction to Monte Carlo Tree Search - Dec 22, 2017.
A great explanation of the concept behind Monte Carlo Tree Search algorithm and a brief example of how it was used at the European Space Agency for planning interplanetary flights.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n48, Dec 20: Machine Learning 2017 Key Trends; New Poll: When is AGI Coming?; AI Year End Roundup - Dec 20, 2017.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved?; Xavier Amatriain's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python; Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist
- New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved? - Dec 18, 2017.
When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved, if ever? Please vote in new KDnuggets Poll.
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 15, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Machine Learning and AI experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
- CogX London 2018, The Festival of all things AI, exclusive KDnuggets Discount - Dec 15, 2017.
CogX 2018 (11-12 June, London) will be the most important AI event in Europe. Get early bird tickets for only £599 (reduced from £1,799) with code KDN15 (valid December 2017).
- Learn from Google Brain, DeepMind, Facebook & other AI experts, KDnuggets offer - Dec 14, 2017.
RE•WORK interview leading minds in the field to discuss the impact and progressions of AI on business and in society. The complimentary white paper 'Should You Be Using AI In Your Business?' is now available to download. Save 20% on globally renowned AI and Deep Learning summits with code KDNUGGETS.
- Xavier Amatriain’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup - Dec 14, 2017.
So much has happened in the world of AI that it is hard to fit in a couple of paragraphs. Here is my attempt.
- 4th AI NEXTCon Conf. Seattle, Jan 17-19, Early bird (50% off) ends soon - Dec 13, 2017.
AI NEXTCon Seattle brings together top technical engineers, practitioners, influential technologists and data scientists to share solutions and practical experiences in machine/deep learning, computer vision, speech recognition and NLP.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 06-12: Top #DataScience and #MachineLearning Methods Used in 2017; Geoff Hinton Capsule Networks – a new way for machines to see - Dec 13, 2017.
Also The first international #beauty contest decided by #AI #algorithm sparked controversy; 4 Common #Data Fallacies That You Need To Know; Using #DeepLearning to Solve Real World Problems; Best Online Masters in #DataScience and #Analytics.
- Watch the Best of Open Data Science Talks of 2017 for Free - Dec 13, 2017.
Here is a selection of some of the highest rated ODSC talks of 2017 as voted by our attendees. Also check out our series of bi-weekly data science and AI webinars. Attend ODSC East 2018 in person and save 70% with code KDNUGGETS!
- AI World coming to Boston, December 11-13 - Dec 5, 2017.
Attend the AI World Expo and meet with 50+ exhibitors and AI Startups. Save $200 off your 2 or 3-day VIP conference pass using priority code AIW200KD. Save $100 off your AI World Expo Pass using priority code AIW100EXPD. Priority codes expire Dec 7.
- Exclusive: Interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning - Dec 5, 2017.
My exclusive interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning, on RL, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, 2nd edition of his book, Deep Learning, Prediction Learning, AlphaGo, Artificial General Intelligence, and more.
- EY: AI Scientist - Dec 4, 2017.
Seeking an AI Scientist who will be driving EY into the future and change the way we do business, enter new markets and serve clients, and who will be reporting to the Global AI Leader leads AI projects from a technical and project management perspective.
- Implementing Enterprise AI course using TensorFlow and Keras - Nov 27, 2017.
The course is for developers and architects who want to transition their career to Enterprise AI, but also has strategic (non-coding) version. The course starts in Jan 2018 and will take 3 months for the content and up to 3 months for the team project.
- Key Takeaways from Open Data Science Conference (ODSC) West 2017 - Nov 21, 2017.
This year, the ODSC West was held at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, from November 2 to 4. I am, attempting here, to give you a snapshot tour of what I experienced.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning in Robotics and Healthcare Summits: Join & save with KDnuggets offer - Nov 16, 2017.
RE•WORK are pleased to announce the launch of 'Expo Only Passes' for the upcoming San Francisco events, on January 25 from 14:00 - 18:00. Plus, save 20% on passes to all RE•WORK summits with the code KDNUGGETS.
- 2018 Will Be the Perfect Time to Build an AI Startup - Nov 10, 2017.
At the core, AI is actually built into many technologies currently in use, and it’s probably not as risky an investment as you might think.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 01-07: Airbnb develops an #AI which converts design into source code - Nov 8, 2017.
Also: One LEGO at a time: Explaining the #Math of How #NeuralNetworks Learn; 6 Books Every #DataScientist Should Keep Nearby; Direct from Sebastian Raschka #Python #MachineLearning book, new edition.
- Data Scientist: The Hottest Job on Wall Street - Nov 8, 2017.
The demand for professionals that can build financial analytics programs is booming. We foresee two main objectives- to predict market movement for profit, and to protect customer assets of banks.
- AI in Healthcare Summit, January 18-19, Boston - Nov 7, 2017.
Join us for this industry-leading event uniquely seated at the growing intersection of healthcare and cutting-edge technologies.
- Webinar: Transform the business with automated embedded Artificial Intelligence, Nov 16 - Nov 6, 2017.
Learn how much value companies can get by adding AI to business applications and processes through AI and automation, how to architect a smart business with ubiquitous AI, and more.
- Machine Ethics and Artificial Moral Agents - Nov 2, 2017.
This article is simply a stream of consciousness on questions and problems I have been thinking and asking myself, and hopefully, it will stimulate some discussion.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n42, Nov 1: 7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby - Nov 1, 2017.
7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby; Neural Networks, Step 1: Where to Begin with Neural Nets & Deep Learning; XGBoost: A Concise Technical Overview; AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI
- AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI - Oct 27, 2017.
The previous version of AlphaGo beat the human world champion in 2016. The new AlphaGo Zero beat the previous version by 100 games to 0, and learned Go completely on its own. We examine what this means for AI.
- Hello, World: Building an AI that understands the world through video - Oct 26, 2017.
At TwentyBN, we have created the world’s first AI technology that shows an awareness of its environment and of the actions occurring within it. Our system observes the world through live video and automatically interprets the unfolding visual scene.
- AI Expo North America, Santa Clara, Nov 29-30, 2017 - Oct 25, 2017.
Use your exclusive discount code across the AI Expo World Series of events to secure an extra 20% of all paid passes, and experience real-life case studies, new technologies and strategies to deliver AI for a smarter future. Just enter the code KDNUGGETS20.
- Artificial Intelligence Today: Time to Act - Oct 25, 2017.
The AI and advanced analytics conversation has risen all the way to C-suite. The time has come to act. Jump on the AI train soon or you will be left behind.
- Applied AI Summit will give you the tools for your AI journey, 5-7 Feb, London - Oct 24, 2017.
The Applied AI Summit 2018 (5-7 Feb, 2018) will give you the tools to start or develop your AI journey. What you learn here, you can implement tomorrow.
- Rethinking 3 Laws of Machine Learning - Oct 23, 2017.
We rethink Asimov’s 3 law of robotics to help companies moving to unsupervised machine learning and realize 100% automated predictive information governance (PIG).
- The ways that AI can change your business - Oct 20, 2017.
AI technology involves a change in the value chain and represents a major challenge and opportunity for businesses. Managers are directly involved in this challenge, by accompanying the teams through this transition: vanquish fears, embracing innovation, transforming businesses, training teams.
- Voices in AI – great conversations with leaders in AI, Machine Learning, Data Science - Oct 19, 2017.
New Voices in AI podcast features conversations with top thinkers in the field, including Yoshua Bengio, Oren Etzioni, Jeff Dean, Daphne Koller, and Nick Bostrom. I am very honored to be in such company (on episode 11).
- 7 Types of Artificial Neural Networks for Natural Language Processing - Oct 19, 2017.
What is an artificial neural network? How does it work? What types of artificial neural networks exist? How are different types of artificial neural networks used in natural language processing? We will discuss all these questions in the following article.
Pages: 1 2
- H2O World 2017: The best of data science, AI, and business transformation, Dec 4-5, Mountain View - Oct 18, 2017.
The flagship H2O World is back to bring together the best of data science, AI, Machine Learning, and business transformation. Spaces are limited, so get a spot at 50% off w. code KDNUGGETS by Oct 21, 2017.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n40, Oct 18: Want to Become a Data Scientist? Read This!; Natural Stupidity is more Dangerous than Artificial Intelligence - Oct 18, 2017.
Want to Become a Data Scientist? Read This Interview First; Natural Stupidity is more Dangerous than Artificial Intelligence; Random Forests(r), Explained; Key Trends and Takeaways from RE-WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal; An Overview of 3 Popular Courses on Deep Learning
- Download NVIDIA DGX Systems eBook - Oct 17, 2017.
In this eBook, you will learn how NVIDIA DGX Systems offer the fastest path to AI and deep learning, how to spend more time focused on experimentation and less time wrestling with IT, and using DGX Systems include access to NVIDIA-optimized deep learning frameworks.
- The Fast Path to Success with AI, DataRobot Webinar, Oct 26 - Oct 13, 2017.
Learn The Fast Path to Success with AI and see how industry leaders are generating ROI with AI Webinar Details Register today Thursday, October 26, 2017.
- Annual Global Artificial Intelligence Conference, Santa Clara, Jan 17-19, 2018 - Oct 11, 2017.
Over 50 leading experts in Artificial Intelligence area will present at our conference. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n39, Oct 11: Machine Learning to Predict, Explain Attrition; Deep Learning for Object Detection - Oct 11, 2017.
Also How to Choose a Data Science Job; Tidyverse, an opinionated Data Science Toolbox in R; A Quick Guide to Fake News Detection.
- How I started with learning AI in the last 2 months - Oct 9, 2017.
The relevance of a full stack developer will not be enough in the changing scenario of things. In the next two years, full stack will not be full stack without AI skills.
- Credible Sources of Accurate Information About AI - Oct 9, 2017.
I want to recommend several credible sources of accurate information. Most of the writing on this list is intended to be accessible to anyone—even if you aren’t a programmer or don’t work in tech.
- 5 overriding factors for the successful implementation of AI - Oct 6, 2017.
Today AI is everywhere, from virtual assistants scheduling meetings, to facial recognition software and increasingly autonomous cars. We review 5 main factors for the successful AI implementation.
- Chief AI Officer and Chief Data Scientist events, San Francisco, Nov 28-30 – special KDnuggets Offer - Oct 5, 2017.
Join Corinium for 3 days of high level insight and discussion and learn actionable ways to benefit your business at special discounted tickets* for just $595 (saving up to $1000).
- Neural Networks: Innumerable Architectures, One Fundamental Idea - Oct 4, 2017.
At the end of this post, you’ll be able to implement a neural network to identify handwritten digits using the MNIST dataset and have a rough time idea about how to build your own neural networks.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science, AI & Deep Learning Conference – 16 November 2017, London - Oct 2, 2017.
This conference brings together a range of expert practitioners to explore and discuss the new era of AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Participants gain real insights on how to exploit these technological advances for themselves and their organisations in an increasingly ‘data-driven world’.
- GPU-accelerated, In-database Analytics for Operationalizing AI - Oct 2, 2017.
This blog explores how the massive parallel processing power of the GPU is able to unify the entire AI pipeline on a single platform, and how this is both necessary and sufficient for overcoming the challenges to operationalizing AI.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference in San Francisco 2017 – Day 2 - Oct 2, 2017.
Highlights and key takeaways from day 2 of AI Conference San Francisco 2017, including current state review, future trends, and top recommendations for AI initiatives.
Pages: 1 2
- Why your company should invest in #BUSINESSOFBOTS - Sep 29, 2017.
AI is the future of business and AI driven chatbots are the first step in gaining a competitive edge for your company in that future. Attend BUSINESS OF BOTS in San Francisco, Oct 9-11, and save 15% with code KD15.
- Becoming an AI-Driven Enterprise - Sep 29, 2017.
In this upcoming webinar, review the practical first steps an organization can take towards becoming an AI-driven enterprise, and learn how you cut through the hype of AI, apply it organization-wide, and quickly realize ROI.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference in San Francisco 2017 – Day 1 - Sep 29, 2017.
Highlights and key takeaways from day 1 of AI Conference San Francisco 2017, including current state review, future trends, and top recommendations for AI initiatives.
Pages: 1 2
- AI Conference in San Francisco, Sep 2017 – highlights and key ideas - Sep 28, 2017.
Highlights from recent AI Conference include the inevitable merger of IQ and EQ in computing, Deep learning to fight cancer, AI as the new electricity and advice from Andrew Ng, Deep reinforcement learning advances and frontiers, and Tim O’Reilly analysis of concerns that AI is the single biggest threat to the survival of humanity.
- How to Get Ready for AI and Machine Learning - Sep 20, 2017.
AI and machine learning have hit the mainstream, spanning consumer devices to enterprise initiatives. Experts say change is coming fast - if you don't have a plan, are you behind the curve?
- Cartoon: What Else Can AI Guess From Your Face? - Sep 16, 2017.
Recent story about AI able to guess if a person is gay or straight from their photo led us to think what else can AI guess from your face.
- Will AI kill us all after taking our jobs? - Sep 15, 2017.
We are now in the middle of an AI hype wave which will decline. This is why I think that AI will take 100 or more years to become sentient, only after completely different AI systems will be created.
Pages: 1 2
- Python vs R for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science - Sep 11, 2017.
This is a summary (with links) of a three-part article series that's intended to be an in-depth overview of the considerations, tradeoffs, and recommendations associated with selecting between Python and R for programmatic data science tasks.
- Asimov’s 4th Law of Robotics - Sep 8, 2017.
It seems Isaac Asimov didn’t envision needing a law to govern robots in these sorts of life-and-death situations where it isn’t the life of the robot versus the life of a human in debate, but it’s a choice between the lives of multiple humans!
- I built a chatbot in 2 hours and this is what I learned - Sep 7, 2017.
I set out to test two things: 1) building a bot is useless from a business perspective and 2) building bots is crazy tough. Here is what I learned.
Pages: 1 2
- Decoding AI: Making the Case for Artificial Intelligence - Sep 7, 2017.
The question is no longer ‘can we get machines to do this or that’ (the answer is yes for most things you can think of), question now is ‘where all do we want to do it?’
- Learn from experts at Netflix, Facebook, Tesla, DeepMind & more - Sep 5, 2017.
January 25 & 26 in San Francisco will see the sixteenth global Deep Learning Summit and the fifth global AI Assistant Summit joined by the first ever Deep Learning for Enterprise Summit. Use code KDNUGGETS to save 20% on Early Bird passes!
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning: September 2017 and Beyond - Sep 1, 2017.
Coming soon: Big Data Innovation Summit Boston, O'Reilly AI NYC, Strata NYC, Rework Deep Learning London, The AI Summit San Francisco, and many more.
- Global AI Conference, New York City, October 23-24 - Sep 1, 2017.
50+ leading experts in Artificial Intelligence area will present on state-of-the-art topics including Cognitive Computing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and IoT and cover key industry verticals. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n33, Aug 30: Python Overtakes R in Machine Learning; Data Science in 42 Steps; Deep Learning not AI’s Future - Aug 30, 2017.
Also: KDnuggets part-time, paid internship in Data Science/Machine Learning Journalism; How To Write Better SQL Queries: The Definitive Guide; Understanding overfitting: an inaccurate meme in Machine Learning; How to Become a Data Scientist: The Definitive Guide
- Deep Learning is not the AI future - Aug 25, 2017.
While Deep Learning had many impressive successes, it is only a small part of Machine Learning, which is a small part of AI. We argue that future AI should explore other ways beyond DL.
Pages: 1 2
- Wrapping Our Primate Brains Around AI’s Next Grand Challenge - Aug 24, 2017.
AI has moved beyond the Turing Test and is literally “moving” towards new directions. We argue that the new AI grand challenge is to allow intelligence to become more embodied and animal-like.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 16-22: Getting Started with #DeepLearning - Aug 23, 2017.
Also: No surprise, Gartner ranks #AI as the top technology to watch in coming years; TOP 100 @medium articles on #AI / #MachineLearning / #DeepLearning.
- O’Reilly NYC AI Conference Highlights: Explainable AI, Vector Representation, Bias, and Future - Aug 21, 2017.
The answer to questions of trust and bias in AI is largely seen in the focus on Explainable AI. Although traditionally viewed as "black boxes", AI and machine learning systems are not ontologically inscrutable.
- Using AI to Super Compress Images - Aug 21, 2017.
Neural Network algorithms are showing promising results for different complex problems. Here we discuss how these algorithms are used in image compression.
- PayPal: Applied Research Scientist (AI-ML R&D / NLP / Deep Learning) - Aug 18, 2017.
Seeking an Applied Research Scientist to work on deep learning research for multiple data science applications within the company. There will be access to huge amount of internal data and lots of opportunities to innovate.
- A New Beginning to Deep Learning - Aug 17, 2017.
I won't give you the clichéd line that it's never too late because that's not the point. It is actually because, a term that I loved as soon as I came across it- 'The AI Winter' - doesn't seem to ever be going to return again.
- A Guide to Understanding AI Toolkits - Aug 16, 2017.
This post surveys today’s foremost options for AI in the form of deep learning, examining each toolkit’s primary advantages as well as their respective industry supporters.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n31, Aug 16: Data Science Primer: Basic Concepts; Python vs R vs rest - Aug 16, 2017.
Also: What Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Can Do-And What It Can't; How Convolutional Neural Networks Accomplish Image Recognition?; Making Predictive Models Robust: Holdout vs Cross-Validation; The Machine Learning Abstracts: Support Vector Machines
- Explore The Future of Deep Learning with @teamrework - Aug 15, 2017.
Until recently, deep learning alluded to the big names in tech such as Amazon, Facebook, and Google as having a clear use for these tools. Whilst these are some of the key players in AI and DL implementation, there are also huge advantages for their applications in businesses and everyday enterprises.
- DeepMind Relational Reasoning Networks Demystified - Aug 15, 2017.
Every time DeepMind publishes a new paper, there is frenzied media coverage around it. We examine what is and is not real in recent work described as “DeepMind Neural Network Can Make Sense of Objects Around It”.
- 4 Industries Being Transformed by Machine Learning and Robotics - Aug 15, 2017.
When used in combination with big data and machine learning, both AI and robotics can actively improve over time as they collect more information. You don’t have to look far to see how these technologies have revolutionized the world, and continue to do so.
- What Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Can Do—And What It Can’t - Aug 10, 2017.
I have seen situations where AI (or at least machine learning) had an incredible impact on a business—I also have seen situations where this was not the case. So, what was the difference?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Friendly Suggestions re: Coding Practices; Racist AI How-To Without Really Trying - Aug 10, 2017.
Why can't you guys comment your f*cking code?; Train Chrome's Trex character to play independently; How to make a racist AI without really trying; Is training a NN to mimic a closed-source library legal?; 37 Reasons why your NN is not working
- Accenture: Artificial Intelligence Analytics Sr Manager - Aug 9, 2017.
Seeking an Artificial Intelligence Analytics Senior Manager to build and drive Artificial Intelligence opportunities in the UK and Ireland. This person will be responsible for helping shape Accenture’s point of view on Artificial Intelligence.
- Top 3 Breakthroughs in Combating Financial Crime - Aug 3, 2017.
AI and Analytics driven solutions have been widely adopted across different industries for various purposes. However, only a handful of banks around the world are working with advanced analytics and artificial intelligence technologies to improve their risk and compliance activities.