- Dr. Data Show Video: How Can You Trust AI? - Oct 20, 2018.
This new web series breaks the mold for data science infotainment, captivating the planet with short webisodes that cover the very best of machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Holy Grail of AI for Enterprise — Explainable AI - Oct 19, 2018.
Explainable AI (XAI) is an emerging branch of AI where AI systems are made to explain the reasoning behind every decision made by them. We investigate some of its key benefits and design principles.
- BI to AI: Getting Intelligent Insights to Everyone, Oct 30 - Oct 18, 2018.
Tellius is a Search and AI-Powered Analytics Platform that makes it easy for users to ask questions of their business data and discover insights using machine learning, with just a single click.
- New Jobs Sure to Emerge Alongside Artificial Intelligence - Oct 18, 2018.
There’s a lot of doomsaying about AI pushing humans out of jobs and destroying entire industries. Is it as bad as all that? Maybe not!
- The Definitive Guide to AI’s “Black Box” Problem - Oct 17, 2018.
The Amazing, Anti-Jargon, Insight Filled, and Totally Free Handbook to Integrating AI in Highly Regulated Industries - get it now.
- Learn the top things to look for in an AI Vendor - Oct 12, 2018.
In this webinar, Oct 25, find out why it's so hard to choose an AI vendor and show you what to consider as you seek a partner in AI. Additionally, get the details of how successfully implemented AI technologies at Wellen have transformed the way the company does business.
- We Sized Washington’s Edible Marijuana Market Using AI - Oct 12, 2018.
As Canada legalizes marijuana, it might look to Washington to understand how pot sells. With the RAND Corp., we used machine learning to estimate how much THC- in pot is sold in Washington.
- Semantic Interoperability: Are you training your AI by mixing data sources that look the same but aren’t? - Oct 9, 2018.
Semantic interoperability is a challenge in AI systems, especially since data has become increasingly more complex. The other issue is that semantic interoperability may be compromised when people use the same system differently.
- Society of Machines: The Complex Interaction of Agents - Oct 4, 2018.
In this new series we’ll focus on collective interaction of two or more machines. This interaction of machines can be among each other or with the environment.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: October and Beyond - Oct 3, 2018.
Coming soon: INFORMS Chicago, Deep Learning Summit Toronto, ODSC West SF, Accelerate AI SF, Big Data Week London, AI Conference London, PAW Business London, Crunch Budapest, and more.
- Join us in Toronto for the Deep Learning Summit, Save with KDnuggets - Sep 28, 2018.
RE•WORK's world-famous Deep Learning Summit is taking place in Toronto this October with the addition of a new AI for Government track. Don't forget to use code KDNUGGETS at the checkout for 20% off your pass. See you there!
- Learning mathematics of Machine Learning: bridging the gap - Sep 28, 2018.
We outline the four key areas of Maths in Machine Learning and begin to answer the question: how can we start with high school maths and use that knowledge to bridge the gap with maths for AI and Machine Learning?
- Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Artificial Intelligence Conference London, Oct 8-11, 2018 - Sep 28, 2018.
Enter now to win a free KDnuggets Pass to AI Conference AI, Oct 8-11. Submit your entry by Oct 5, 2018, for your chance!
- Struggling with AI? You’re not alone – Read the report - Sep 27, 2018.
Download this report from Databricks to understand how enterprises are adopting AI technology, the primary challenges holding enterprises back from seeing success with AI, and the benefits of a taking a unified approach to data and AI.
- AI World Boston: Accelerating Innovation in the Enterprise - Sep 27, 2018.
Enterprise organizations face conflicting priorities. Where do they turn to cut through the hype and determine how to prioritize AI strategies and technologies for their business? Find out Dec 3-5 in Boston.
- ODSC India Highlights: Deep Learning Revolution in Speech, AI Engineer vs Data Scientist, and Reinforcement Learning for Enterprise - Sep 26, 2018.
Key takeaways and highlights from ODSC India 2018 conference about the latest trends, breakthroughs and revolutions in the field of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Cartoon: Where AI achieves excellence - Sep 22, 2018.
We examine what can happen when lawyers are replaced with Machine Learning.
- Attend the Leading Applied AI Conference, San Francisco, Offer Ends Friday - Sep 19, 2018.
ODSC West 2018, and Accelerate AI return to San Francisco on Oct 31-Nov 3rd. The prior ODSC events sold out, so why wait? Save 30% with code KDD30 - offer ends Friday.
- 10 Big Data Trends You Should Know - Sep 17, 2018.
A collection of Big Data trends to familiarize yourself with, covering IoT Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Dark Data and more.
- Whitepaper: Why Your Business Needs an AI Platform - Sep 14, 2018.
A new whitepaper from Anaconda examines the economic impact of AI, how some companies and industries are leveraging AI to generate business value today, and how Anaconda Enterprise serves as an AI enablement platform for organizations seeking to harness the power of AI at scale.
- See NVIDIA Deep Learning In Action [Webinar Series] - Sep 13, 2018.
Hear how three companies benefitted from the performance, simplicity and convenience of NVIDIA DGX Station to supercharge their deep learning development, infusing their products and services with the power of AI.
- The Economics and Benefits of Artificial Intelligence - Sep 13, 2018.
In this article, focus on current AI, which is mostly based on the algorithms that can do predictions, and discuss how the economics of AI works and how it may affect business.
- The AI Conference in London – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Sep 6, 2018.
The O'Reilly AI Conference comes to London, Oct 8-11. Register now and save an additional 20% on Gold, Silver, and Bronze passes with the code KDN20.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n33, Sep 5: Practical Topic Modeling with Python; Classifying AI Technologies; Data Science Project Inspiration - Sep 5, 2018.
Also: An End-to-End Project on Time Series Analysis and Forecasting with Python; Financial Data Analysis - Data Processing 1: Loan Eligibility Prediction; OLAP queries in SQL: A Refresher; Word Vectors in Natural Language Processing: Global Vectors (GloVe)
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: September and Beyond - Sep 3, 2018.
Coming soon: AI San Francisco, Big Data Innovation Boston, Strata NYC, INFORMS Seattle, SAS Analytics Experience San Diego, PAW Gov DC, Cypher Bangalore, ECML/PKDD Dublin, ODSC London, and many more.
- AI Knowledge Map: How To Classify AI Technologies - Aug 31, 2018.
What follows is then an effort to draw an architecture to access knowledge on AI and follow emergent dynamics, a gateway of pre-existing knowledge on the topic that will allow you to scout around for additional information and eventually create new knowledge on AI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 22-28: AI Knowledge Map: How To Classify AI Technologies; 100 Days of #MachineLearning Coding with #Python - Aug 29, 2018.
Also 25 fun questions for a machine learning interview; Data Visualization Cheat Sheet
- Nvidia: AI Training for Self-Driving Vehicles [On-demand Webinar] - Aug 27, 2018.
We discuss the key considerations in selecting the optimal AI infrastructure required to train deep neural networks for safe self-driving systems, including data requirements and computing performance needed, and how to use NVIDIA DGX-1 for training autonomous vehicles.
- UX Design Guide for Data Scientists and AI Products - Aug 21, 2018.
Realizing that there is a legitimate knowledge gap between UX Designers and Data Scientists, I have decided to attempt addressing the needs from the Data Scientist’s perspective.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group (Melbourne, Australia) - Aug 16, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis.
- Project Hydrogen, new initiative based on Apache Spark to support AI and Data Science - Aug 16, 2018.
An introduction to Project Hydrogen: how it can assist machine learning and AI frameworks on Apache Spark and what distinguishes it from other open source projects.
- Open Data Science West Schedule Live, Europe Keynotes, and India Selling Out - Aug 15, 2018.
Check schedule for ODSC West (Oct 31 - Nov 3), fantastic keynotes for ODSC Europe (Sep 19-22), and get last remaining tix for ODSC India, Aug 30 - Sep 3.
- AI-driven Insurance – Insights from AXA and Generali - Aug 15, 2018.
How do you move AI from proof of concept to core business today to demonstrate ROI? Read this whitepaper to find out.
- ebook: Using Deep Learning to Solve Real-World Problems - Aug 14, 2018.
Read this eBook to learn: How deep learning enables image classification, sentiment analysis, and other advanced analysis techniques and get a a starter workflow for building and training deep learning models.
- Setting up your AI Dev Environment in 5 Minutes - Aug 13, 2018.
Whether you're a novice data science enthusiast setting up TensorFlow for the first time, or a seasoned AI engineer working with terabytes of data, getting your libraries, packages, and frameworks installed is always a struggle. Learn how datmo, an open source python package, helps you get started in minutes.
- The AI Conference in San Francisco, Sep 4-7: Win KDnuggets Free Pass - Aug 11, 2018.
Win KDnuggets pass to AI Conference in San Francisco, where you'll join the leading minds in AI: Kai-Fu Lee, Meredith Whittaker, Peter Norvig, Dawn Song, David Patterson, Huma Abidi, Matt Wood, and more. Enter by Aug 18.
- Top 10 roles in AI and data science - Aug 9, 2018.
When you think of the perfect data science team, are you imagining 10 copies of the same professor of computer science and statistics, hands delicately stained with whiteboard marker? We hope not!
- AI and ML Day in Australia with Alteryx, Tableau, Amazon, Snowflake, Commonwealth Bank, and IAPA - Aug 8, 2018.
Key information regarding The Alteryx Analytics Revolution Summit roadshow in Australia, including dates, guest speakers, livestream information and how you can register for the roadshow closest to you.
- The AI Conference in San Francisco – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Aug 3, 2018.
The AI Conference returns to San Francisco, Sept 4–7. Get a sweeping understanding of the rapidly advancing AI landscape. Save an extra 20% on most passes with code KDN20.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: August and Beyond - Aug 2, 2018.
Coming soon: TDWI Anaheim, JupyterCon NYC, VLDB Rio, ODSC India, KDD 2018 London, AI Conference San Francisco, Big Data Innovation Boston, Strata Data NYC, and many more.
- Deep Learning Summit returns to Toronto – learn from Geoff Hinton - Jul 31, 2018.
Learn from Geoff Hinton and others at Deep Learning Summit and AI for Government Summit, Oct 25-26 in Toronto. Save 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- AI Conference, Sep 4-7, San Francisco – KDnuggets Offer - Jul 26, 2018.
Join the leading minds in AI, explore latest developments, separate hype from what is really game-changing, and learn how to apply AI in your organization. Save with code code PCKDNG.
- Ready your Skills for a Cloud-First World with Google - Jul 20, 2018.
The Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform Specialization on Coursera will help you jumpstart your career, includes hands-on labs, and takes you from a strategic overview to practical skills in building real-world, accurate ML models.
- Chaos is needed to keep us smart with Machine Learning - Jul 20, 2018.
This post analyses why the chaotic nature of our lives can be used to improve machine learning algorithms.
- Efficient Graph-based Word Sense Induction - Jul 18, 2018.
This paper describes a set of algorithms for Natural Language Processing (NLP) that match or exceed the state of the art on several evaluation tasks, while also being much more computationally efficient.
- Charles River Analytics: Software Engineer III – AI Engineer - Jul 18, 2018.
Seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to design and develop cutting-edge intelligent systems applied to areas such as intelligent tutoring, serious games, crowdsourcing, skill modeling and assessment, and advanced visualization.
- The Future of Map-Making is Open and Powered by Sensors and AI - Jul 13, 2018.
This article investigates the future of map-making and the role of Sensors, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning within that.
- AI Solutionism - Jul 12, 2018.
Machine learning has huge potential for the future of humanity — but it won’t solve all our problems.
- GDPR after 2 months – What does it mean for Machine Learning? - Jul 11, 2018.
Almost 2 months on from the GDPR introduction, how was machine learning affected? What does the future hold?
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: July and Beyond - Jul 9, 2018.
Coming soon: ICDM/MLDM New York, Data Innovation Summits Las Vegas, ICML Stockholm, IJCAI/ECAI Stockholm, TDWI Anaheim, KDD-2018 London, JupyterCon NYC, and many more.
- The AI Conference in London – Exclusive KDNuggets Offer - Jul 5, 2018.
The AI Conference will premiere in London, 8–11 October. The Best Price expires on 13 July. Tutorials, training courses, and hotel rooms all book up quickly. Save and additional 20% on Gold, Silver and Bronze passes with the code KDN20.
- AI for Fraud Detection – How does Mastercard do it? Learn how global leaders use AI - Jul 2, 2018.
At the AI in Finance Summit, Sept 6-7 in NYC, RE•WORK we will be showcasing the latest breakthrough technologies & their application in the financial sector with topics including Financial Compliance, Financial Forecasting, NLP, Investment, Blockchain & more.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group - Jun 28, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis, to work on new approaches to modelling and solving discrete optimisation problems.
- 30 Free Resources for Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP & AI - Jun 25, 2018.
Check out this collection of 30 ML, DL, NLP & AI resources for beginners, starting from zero and slowly progressing to the point that readers should have an idea of where to go next.
- Statistics, Causality, and What Claims are Difficult to Swallow: Judea Pearl debates Kevin Gray - Jun 15, 2018.
While KDnuggets takes no side, we present the informative and respectful back and forth as we believe it has value for our readers. We hope that you agree.
- Why you need to improve your training data, and how to do it - Jun 11, 2018.
This article examines the way you need to improve your training data and how it can be accomplished, including speech commands, choosing the right data, picking a model fast and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Netflix Data Science Interview Questions: Acing the AI Interview - Jun 7, 2018.
Gain some perspective on the Netflix interview process, and on ways to prepare for just such an industry interview.
- Big Data Toronto Brings Canada to the Centre Stage in Big Data and AI - Jun 4, 2018.
The Big Data Toronto conference and expo is back for its 3rd edition on Jun 12-13, 2018 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Big Data focuses on the skills, software and leadership needed to implement data insights & AI Toronto is dedicated to Toronto’s growing AI and deep learning communities.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: June 2018 and Beyond - Jun 1, 2018.
Coming soon: Mega-PAW Las Vegas, Spark + AI Summit SF, CogX London, Big Data Toronto Big Data Toronto Conference and Expo, ICDM/MLDM NYC, and many more.
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Is Your Job Under Threat? - Jun 1, 2018.
This article examines the rapid growth of artificial intelligence: how we got to this point, the future AI job market and what can be done.
- The AI Conference returns to San Francisco, Sept 4–7, 2018 - May 31, 2018.
The AI Conference is coming to San Francisco Sept 4-7. It sold out last year, so make your plans soon. KDnuggets fans receive a 20% discount when you register (for most passes) using the code KDN20.
- Deep Learning Summit, Toronto featuring Geoff Hinton – save with KDnuggets - May 29, 2018.
Geoffrey Hinton, one of the fathers of Deep Learning, will be back to share his most recent and cutting-edge research progressions, and will be joined by other top researchers. Save 20% on Early Bird passes when you sign up before 15 June w. code KDNUGGETS.
Also check Women in AI dinner series and get new white paper on Ethical implications of AI.
- AI Leaders Summit, Boston, June 21-22: Meet 100 AI innovators from top firms - May 29, 2018.
Discover game-changing data strategies, AI developments and how to lead their implementation. Save with code KDN200
- Learn AI and Data Science rapidly based only on high school math – KDnuggets Offer - May 25, 2018.
This 3-month program, created by Ajit Jaokar, who teaches at Oxford, is interactive and delivered by video. Coding examples are in Python. Places limited - check special KDnuggets rate.
- If chatbots are to succeed, they need this - May 22, 2018.
Can logic be used to make chatbots intelligent? In the 1960s this was taken for granted. Now we have all but forgotten the logical approach. Is it time for a revival?
- AI Leaders Summit, Boston, June 21-22, KDnuggets Offer - May 16, 2018.
Join the AI research and industry leaders from top companies including eBay, Microsoft, GE, Intel, Facebook, Uber and learn about the latest AI topics. Use code KD20 to save.
- THE BOOK OF WHY: The New Science of Cause and Effect - May 15, 2018.
A Turing Prize-winning computer scientist and statistician shows how understanding causality has revolutionized science and will revolutionize AI.
- DSTI: Applied MSc in Data Engineering, Advanced MSc in AI – Learn in France - May 14, 2018.
DSTI launches 2 new programmes for October 2018 entry: Applied MSc in Data Engineering and Advanced MSc in AI - Paris, Nice, and online.
- Spark + AI Summit, Top Speakers – Andreessen, Karpathy, Zaharia and more – KDnuggets Offer - May 11, 2018.
Join 4,000 of the top developers, data scientists, and business executives who will be tuning into the sessions and training at this year's Spark+AI Summit. Use code KDnuggets to save 30% when you register by May 18.
- Deep Conversations: Lisha Li, Principal at Amplify Partners - May 3, 2018.
Mathematician Lisha Li expounds on how she thrives as a Venture Capitalist at Amplify Partners to identify, invest and nurture the right startups in Machine Learning and Distributed Systems.
Pages: 1 2
- AI is not set and forget - May 3, 2018.
Just like a car, AI-based system can tick along in decent shape for a while. But neglect it too long and you’re in trouble. Unfortunately, failing to maintain your AI will destroy the project.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: May and Beyond - May 2, 2018.
Coming soon: Train AI San Francisco, Deep Learning Boston, Mega-PAW Las Vegas, Spark + AI Summit San Francisco, PAKDD Melbourne, CogX London, and more.
- Data Science vs Machine Learning vs Data Analytics vs Business Analytics - May 1, 2018.
This article gives a broad overview of data science and the various fields within it, including business analytics, data analytics, business intelligence, advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI.
- Train AI 2018: Garry Kasparov, Andrej Karpathy keynotes and the best in AI - Apr 30, 2018.
On May 9th, Figure Eight's co-founder Lukas Biewald will lead an Introduction to Deep Learning workshop in San Francisco. Don't miss this chance to learn from the best in AI. Use code KDNuggets30 to get 30% off the registration fee!
- How to Make AI More Accessible - Apr 30, 2018.
I recently was a guest speaker at the Stanford AI Salon on the topic of accessiblity in AI, which included a free-ranging discussion among assembled members of the Stanford AI Lab. There were a number of interesting questions and topics, so I thought I would share a few of my answers here.
- What should be focus areas for Machine Learning / AI in 2018? - Apr 27, 2018.
This article looks at what are the recent trends in data science/ML/AI and suggests subareas DS groups need to focus on.
- Hear the latest AI advancements in robotics & automation from Uber, Hitachi, Google & more - Apr 26, 2018.
The Summits will bring together 550 experts and 60 speakers using AI and deep learning to improve operations in manufacturing, and creating the next generation of intelligent robots. Save 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Data Exchange and Marketplace, a New Business Model in Making - Apr 23, 2018.
This article covers how an ever-increasing amount of data will trigger the evolution of a new ecosystem that will spur entrepreneurial activity, offering an opportunity to start a wide range of new businesses.
- Let’s Admit It: We’re a Long Way from Using “Real Intelligence” in AI - Apr 19, 2018.
With the growth of AI systems and unstructured data, there is a need for an independent means of data curation, evaluation and measurement of output that does not depend on the natural language constructs of AI and creates a comparative method of how the data is processed.
- Join AI pioneers and insurance innovators – Chubb, MetLife, Hippo and many more! - Apr 17, 2018.
Insurance AI & Analytics USA Summit is bringing together 400+ insurance innovators and AI pioneers to discuss the operational advantages of rolling out AI in your business, and then delve into the specifics of pricing, marketing, claims and underwriting. Save with code KDNuggets.
- When Do We Trust Machines? - Apr 16, 2018.
We propose a framework of "trust heatmap", show how the trust in machines depends on two key elements: their error rate and the costs of mistakes, and examine the automation frontier.
- Top 10 Technology Trends of 2018 - Apr 13, 2018.
In this article, we will focus on the modern trends that took off well on the market by the end of 2017 and discuss the major breakthroughs expected in 2018.
- Unlock the Next Era of Analytics – AI and Machine Learning at Scale - Apr 12, 2018.
Join us on Apr 19 for an interactive virtual event to hear from a panel of analytic experts as they dispel the myths and dive into the nitty-gritty of how AI and machine learning will impact analytic teams.
- AI in Healthcare - Apr 11, 2018.
AI is completely transforming every corner of the healthcare industry. Don’t miss out on IEN’s 2nd Annual AI in Healthcare Summit, Jun 11-12, in San Francisco.
- The Cold Start Problem with AI - Apr 10, 2018.
Why companies struggle with implementing AI and how to overcome it.
- Build a Foundation that Supports AI and Machine Learning - Apr 6, 2018.
In an upcoming livestream on April 19, we’ll dig into how to build a foundation that supports AI and Machine Learning with industry experts and uncover what many companies are going through.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: April and Beyond - Apr 3, 2018.
Coming soon: AnacondaCON Austin, QCon.ai SF, INFORMS Baltimore, AI Conference NYC, Data Science Salon Dallas, AI Expo Global London, ODSC Boston, and many more.
- Foot Locker: Sr Solutions Architect – Machine Learning and AI Technologies - Mar 30, 2018.
Seeking a candidate to lead the data driven transformation of Foot Locker in partnership with members of the data, CX and infrastructure teams. This role has end-to-end responsibilities for our ML/AI/Cognitive platform - from design, thru technical specification, to delivery.
- Win KDnuggets Pass to Artificial Intelligence Conference, Apr 29 – May 2, NYC - Mar 26, 2018.
KDnuggets readers have a chance to win a Bronze Pass to AI Conference, a new must-attend conference for AI business and technology.
- Cartoon: AI Masters the March Madness - Mar 24, 2018.
AI has mastered chess, Go, and other games, but can AI master March Madness? KDnuggets Cartoon imagines one scenario when this happens.
- Human Involvement Helps Researchers Perfect New Algorithms to Train Robots - Mar 22, 2018.
Many underestimate the role of humans in successful deployment of AI solutions. Alegion engine produces AI training data and enables content moderation, sentiment analysis, data enrichment, tagging, categorization, and more.
- Meet experts in AI & Industrial Automation in San Francisco: Save with KDnuggets - Mar 13, 2018.
This June 18-19, RE-WORK will be returning to San Francisco to host the Deep Learning for Robotics Summit and the AI in Industrial Automation Summit. Save 20% with the code KDNUGGETS
- Artificial Intelligence Conference – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Mar 8, 2018.
The AI Conference returns to New York, Apr 28-May 2. No other conference delivers the depth and breadth in technical content combined with an applied industry focus. Save an extra 20% on most passes with code PCKDNG.
- 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2018.
For the 2018 international women's day, we profile 18 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Analytics, Big Data , Data science, and Machine Learning areas.
- Business and Innovation in AI, Boston, May 1-2 + Save 60% - Mar 7, 2018.
Accelerate AI (X AI) brings business professionals, management and thought leaders together with executive speakers and AI experts to learn one of the most important skills necessary for future success, artificial intelligence. Save 60% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Is an AI /machine-driven world better than a human driven world? - Mar 7, 2018.
On the positive side of AI we have a prospect of self-driving cars, and other benefits, and thru education humans can evolve and improve. The risks include loss of jobs, growing inequality, dealing with superintelligence.
- The 5th AI+Blockchain NEXTCon, Santa Clara, April 10-13, 2018 - Mar 5, 2018.
The 5th AI+Blockchain NEXTCon brings 50+ tech lead speakers from Microsoft, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Uber, other leading firms to share best practices and solutions in machine learning, deep learning, NLP, Data science, Blockchain and more. Save 30% by Mar 9 with code KDNUGGET100.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: March and Beyond - Mar 2, 2018.
Coming soon: Strata San Jose, IBM Think Las Vegas, KNIME Spring Summit Berlin, Predictive Analytics Innovation London, ICDIS Texas, AnacondaCON Austin, and many more.
- The Current Hype Cycle in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 28, 2018.
Over the past decade, the field of artificial intelligence (AI) has seen striking developments. As surveyed in, there now exist over twenty domains in which AI programs are performing at least as well as (if not better than) humans.
- The New Neural Internet is Coming - Feb 23, 2018.
The Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) are the first step of neural networks technology learning creativity.
- Age of AI Conference 2018 – Day 2 Highlights - Feb 23, 2018.
Here are some of the highlights from the second day of the Age of AI Conference, February 1, at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Pages: 1 2
- Age of AI Conference 2018 – Day 1 Highlights - Feb 21, 2018.
Here are some of the highlights from the first day of the Age of AI Conference, January 31, at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Pages: 1 2
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Conference, April 29 – May 2, 2018, NYC – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 20, 2018.
Join the leading minds in AI, explore AI latest developments, separate hype from reality, and learn how to apply AI in your organization right now. Use code PCKDNG. Early price ends Mar 16.
- Where AI is already rivaling humans - Feb 20, 2018.
Since 2011, AI hit hypergrowth, and researchers have created several AI solutions that are almost as good as – or better than – humans in several domains, including games, healthcare, computer vision and object recognition, speech to text conversion, speaker recognition, and improved robots and chat-bots for solving specific problems.
- Resurgence of AI During 1983-2010 - Feb 16, 2018.
We discuss supervised learning, unsupervised learning and reinforcement learning, neural networks, and 6 reasons that helped AI Research and Development to move ahead.
- Neural network AI is simple. So… Stop pretending you are a genius - Feb 15, 2018.
This post may come off as a rant, but that’s not so much its intent, as it is to point out why we went from having very few AI experts, to having so many in so little time.
- 3 principles for solving AI Dilemma: Optimization vs Explanation - Feb 14, 2018.
We propose 3 principles for maximizing the benefits of machine learning without sacrificing its intelligence.
- Insurance AI – the roadmap to impact (exclusive whitepaper Blue Cross, Zurich, Unum & CCA Global Partners) - Feb 13, 2018.
Understanding where and how AI will impact insurance is crucial to deliver growth and true business value. Download the whitepaper “Insurance AI – The Roadmap to Impact” which includes partners' AI plans for 2020 and which steps they are taking today to achieve this vision.
- The Birth of AI and The First AI Hype Cycle - Feb 13, 2018.
A dazzling review of AI History, from Alan Turing and Turing Test, to Simon and Newell and Logic Theorist, to Marvin Minsky and Perceptron, birth of Rule-based systems and Machine Learning, Eliza - first chatbot, Robotics, and the bust which led to first AI Winter.
- 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know Machine Learning and AI was used for - Feb 12, 2018.
AI was compared to the discovery of fire, but its impact hinges on how creative we are with the technology—just like it did for early humans employing fire. Here are four diverse examples of applied AI to get your creative juices flowing.
- Expanding Self-Service BI with AI-Powered Analytics, Feb 22 - Feb 9, 2018.
Learn how AI and machine learning technology will expand adoption of service-service BI by making it easier for business users to answer ad hoc questions and perform advanced analysis on their own.
- Join RE•WORK & AI experts in London, Boston and Hong Kong – KDNUGGETS discount - Feb 8, 2018.
Miss RE•WORK in San Francisco? Join AI and deep learning experts in London, Hong Kong or Boston, and save 25% with the code KDNUGGETS.
- AI & Machine Learning: the key skills every software engineer needs in 2018 - Feb 7, 2018.
Designed specifically by, and for, senior software engineers, architects, and technical engineering managers, QCon.ai is a dedicated conference for AI and machine learning. Use code KDnuggets by Feb 17 to save.
- 2018 Predictions for the Analytics & Data Science Hiring Market - Feb 6, 2018.
What do you think of this year’s predictions? Do you see any new tools on the horizon, or do you believe data science popularity is due for a reckoning of sorts?
- Challenge Yourself to Think, Mar 19-22, Las Vegas - Feb 5, 2018.
Think 2018 is for those who seek inspiration and education, reinvention and innovation, want to connect with experts and seek progress. It is for understanding what is going on in the world around AI, Cloud, Data, Security, and Systems and discovering what’s possible. Use code TK18CAC to save.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: February and Beyond - Feb 2, 2018.
Coming soon: TDWI Las Vegas, BI + Analytics Huntington Beach, Strata San Jose, IBM Think Las Vegas, Big Data & Analytics Singapore, KNIME Berlin, Nvidia GPU, and more.
- The AGI/Deep Learning Connection - Feb 1, 2018.
Also, deep learning would definitely prove to be an essential component to create truly intelligent machines but probably not enough alone.
- Webinar: AI, Machine Learning and Chatbots Improving Insurance Profitability & CX, Feb 15 - Jan 29, 2018.
Join Insurance Nexus as we talk to MetLife, Chubb and Nationwide about how to prioritize investments and internal resources. Learn which innovations will have the biggest impact on customer experience and improved profitability.
- Using Deep Learning to Solve Real World Problems - Jan 25, 2018.
Deep learning offers every company with large data new techniques to solve complex analytical problems. Read this ebook to learn more.
- Four Big Data Trends for 2018 - Jan 25, 2018.
Curious about the future of Big Data and AI? Here’s what the trends have it in 2018 for innovations.
- AI and Sentiment Analysis to help you move ahead of the competition - Jan 23, 2018.
A series of stimulating conferences on AI and Sentiment Analysis in Hong Kong, Bangalore and London. Use code KDHK20 to receive 20% discount on any of these events.
- Comparing Machine Learning as a Service: Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud AI - Jan 22, 2018.
A complete and unbiased comparison of the three most common Cloud Technologies for Machine Learning as a Service.
Pages: 1 2
- Visual Aesthetics: Judging photo quality using AI techniques - Jan 18, 2018.
We built a deep learning system that can automatically analyze and score an image for aesthetic quality with high accuracy. Check the demo and see your photo measures up!
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n03, Jan 17: Top 10 TED Talks on Data Science, Machine Learning; How Docker Can Help You Become A More Effective Data Scientist - Jan 17, 2018.
Also A Primer on Web Scraping in R; Elasticsearch for Dummies; Generative Adversarial Networks, an overview,
- A Day in the Life of an AI Developer - Jan 16, 2018.
This is the narrative of a typical AI Sunday, where I decided to look at building a sequence to sequence (seq2seq) model based chatbot using some already available sample code and data from the Cornell movie database.
- Local AI Inferencing Will Become Standard In Edge Applications In 2018 - Jan 12, 2018.
Edge-based inferencing will become a foundation of all AI-infused applications in the Internet of Things and People and the majority of new IoT&P application-development projects will involve building the AI-driven smarts for deployment to edge devices for various levels of local sensor-driven inferencing.
- AI and Deep Learning in Healthcare – save with code KDnuggets - Jan 11, 2018.
This year, RE-WORK will be continuing the Global Healthcare Series, focusing on the AI and deep learning tools and techniques set to revolutionise healthcare applications, medicine & diagnostics. Save an additional 20% on already discounted passes with the code: KDNUGGETS
- Democratizing Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Learning with Dell EMC Ready Solutions - Jan 11, 2018.
Democratization is defined as the action/development of making something accessible to everyone, to the “common masses.” AI | ML | DL technology stacks are complicated systems to tune and maintain, expertise is limited, and one minimal change of the stack can lead to failure.
- Top 10 TED Talks for Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers - Jan 10, 2018.
A comprehensive and diverse compilation of TED talks to understand the big picture of AI and Machine Learning.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n02, Jan 10: Quantum Machine Learning; AI & Blockchain Convergence; Building a Successful Analytics Dept - Jan 10, 2018.
Quantum Machine Learning: An Overview; How to build a Successful Advanced Analytics Department; Top Data Science, Machine Learning Courses from Udemy; Supercharging Visualization with Apache Arrow; The Convergence of AI and Blockchain: What's the deal?