- Explore The Future of Deep Learning with @teamrework - Aug 15, 2017.
Until recently, deep learning alluded to the big names in tech such as Amazon, Facebook, and Google as having a clear use for these tools. Whilst these are some of the key players in AI and DL implementation, there are also huge advantages for their applications in businesses and everyday enterprises.
- DeepMind Relational Reasoning Networks Demystified - Aug 15, 2017.
Every time DeepMind publishes a new paper, there is frenzied media coverage around it. We examine what is and is not real in recent work described as “DeepMind Neural Network Can Make Sense of Objects Around It”.
- 4 Industries Being Transformed by Machine Learning and Robotics - Aug 15, 2017.
When used in combination with big data and machine learning, both AI and robotics can actively improve over time as they collect more information. You don’t have to look far to see how these technologies have revolutionized the world, and continue to do so.
- What Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Can Do—And What It Can’t - Aug 10, 2017.
I have seen situations where AI (or at least machine learning) had an incredible impact on a business—I also have seen situations where this was not the case. So, what was the difference?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Friendly Suggestions re: Coding Practices; Racist AI How-To Without Really Trying - Aug 10, 2017.
Why can't you guys comment your f*cking code?; Train Chrome's Trex character to play independently; How to make a racist AI without really trying; Is training a NN to mimic a closed-source library legal?; 37 Reasons why your NN is not working
- Accenture: Artificial Intelligence Analytics Sr Manager - Aug 9, 2017.
Seeking an Artificial Intelligence Analytics Senior Manager to build and drive Artificial Intelligence opportunities in the UK and Ireland. This person will be responsible for helping shape Accenture’s point of view on Artificial Intelligence.
- Top 3 Breakthroughs in Combating Financial Crime - Aug 3, 2017.
AI and Analytics driven solutions have been widely adopted across different industries for various purposes. However, only a handful of banks around the world are working with advanced analytics and artificial intelligence technologies to improve their risk and compliance activities.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: August and Beyond - Aug 2, 2017.
Coming soon: KDD-2017 Halifax, JupyterCon NYC, Big Data Innovation Summit Boston, O'Reilly AI NYC, Strata NYC, Rework Deep Learning London, and many more.
- Artificial Intelligence Conference – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Jul 31, 2017.
The O'Reilly AI Conference comes to San Francisco Sept 17-20. Early Price ends August 4, and space is limited. Save an extra 20% on most passes with KDnuggets exclusive code PCKDNG.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to The AI Conference, San Francisco, Sep 17-20 - Jul 26, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. You can win a free pass to the new AI conference in SF in September or use code PCKDNG to save right now.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n28, Jul 26: 5 Free Resources to start with Deep Learning for NLP; Emotional Intelligence for Data Science Teams - Jul 26, 2017.
Also AI and Deep Learning, Explained Simply; When not to use deep learning; Optimism for AI drop with experience developing AI systems.
- Learn from DeepMind at Deep Learning, AI Assistant Summits London, Sep 21-22 - Jul 25, 2017.
We’d like to update you on RE•WORK’s Deep Learning Global Summit Series and the upcoming summits in London this September. We have an exclusive code to give KDnuggets readers discounted tickets to these events as well as on-demand content and expert interviews.
- Summary of Unintuitive Properties of Neural Networks - Jul 24, 2017.
Neural networks work really well on many problems, including language, image and speech recognition. However understanding how they work is not simple, and here is a summary of unusual and counter intuitive properties they have.
- Optimism about AI improving society is high, but drops with experience developing AI systems - Jul 21, 2017.
While about 60% of KDnuggets readers think AI and Automation will improve society, the optimism drops significantly among those with 4 or more years experience developing AI systems. Should we pay more attention to the experts?
- AI and Deep Learning, Explained Simply - Jul 21, 2017.
AI can now see, hear, and even bluff better than most people. We look into what is new and real about AI and Deep Learning, and what is hype or misinformation.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Intelligence and Cognition: I Do Not Think They Mean What You Think They Mean - Jul 21, 2017.
You have likely noticed the recent relative uptick in the use of the words "intelligence" and "cognitive," as well as their derivatives. Are such terms really true or are they a marketing device?
- Deep Learning, AI Assistant Summits London feature DeepMind and much more, Sep 21-22 – KDnuggets Offer - Jul 20, 2017.
The Deep Learning Summit London and the AI Assistant Summit London will be continuing the RE•WORK Global Summit Series this September 21 & 22. Early Bird discount is ending on July 28th. Register now to guarantee a spot at the Summit and use the discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% on all tickets.
- Road Lane Line Detection using Computer Vision models - Jul 19, 2017.
A tutorial on how to implement a computer vision data pipeline for road lane detection used by self-driving cars.
Pages: 1 2
- Artificial Intuition – A Breakthrough Cognitive Paradigm - Jul 18, 2017.
This article is just a reflection of my current understanding of the language of Deep Learning Meta Meta-Model. That’s definitely a mouth full, so to make life simpler for everyone, I just call this the Deep Learning Canonical Patterns.
- Why Every Company Needs a Digital Brain - Jul 11, 2017.
As emerging technologies like AI/machine learning are adopted across different parts of the business, enterprises require a “digital brain” to coordinate those efforts and generate systemic intelligence.
- What Are Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning? - Jul 10, 2017.
AI and Machine Learning have become mainstream, and people know shockingly little about it. Here is an explainer and useful references.
- New Poll: Will society become better from increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? - Jul 9, 2017.
What will be the impact on human society and human welfare of increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? Please vote.
- Fidelity Investments: Vice President (AI Lead) – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Big Data - Jul 7, 2017.
Seeking an outstanding hands-on AI leader who can partner with business stakeholders and identify/prioritize top AI opportunities, create business/technical requirements, transform large volumes of data into AI-driven solutions using creative, and lead ML strategy and road map planning.
- Generali, The Co-operators, La Mutuelle Generale and IBM on using AI to lower operational costs – Exclusive webinar - Jul 6, 2017.
Learn how insurers can use AI and Machine Learning to improve operational efficiencies, lower costs and improve productivity in this webinar on July 20.
- Spotlight on the Remarkable Potential of AI in KYC (Know Your Customer) - Jul 4, 2017.
Most people would have heard of the headline-making tremendous achievements in artificial intelligence (AI): Systems defeating world champions in board games like GO and winning quiz shows. These are small realizations of AI, but there is a silent revolution taking place in other areas, including Regulatory Compliance in Financial Services.
- Deep Learning Zero to One: 5 Awe-Inspiring Demos with Code for Beginners, part 2 - Jul 1, 2017.
Here are deep learning examples and demos you can just download and run, including Spotify Artist Search using Speech APIs, Symbolic AI Speech Recognition, and Algorithmia API Photo Colorizer.
- Why Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning? - Jun 30, 2017.
With your goals (i.e., the why) in mind, the next step for any artificial intelligence or machine learning solution is to specify how (e.g., which algorithms or models to use) to achieve a specific goal or set of goals, and finally what the end result will be (e.g., product, report, predictive model).
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n25, Jun 28: Emerging Data Science Software Ecosystem; 3 Key Data Science 2017 Hiring Trends - Jun 28, 2017.
Emerging Data Science Software Ecosystem; 3 Key Trends Shaping the 2017 Data Science Hiring Market; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The world's first protein database for Machine Learning and AI; Making Sense of Machine Learning
- AI for fintech course – Early discounts and limited places - Jun 20, 2017.
This new course with limited places will focus on AI design (product, development and Data) for the fintech industry and will be taught online by Ajit Jaokar and Jakob Aungiers.
- Why Swarm Intelligence is a Better Way to Read Emotions - Jun 20, 2017.
Swarm Intelligence is using many simple machine learning models good at one small task to solve bigger, more complex problems. We examine how it can improve sentiment analysis and measuring emotions.
- Microsoft: Principal Data Scientist (Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning) - Jun 20, 2017.
Currently we are expanding our team to support projects that focus on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive analytics. We are looking for an expert in this field from business/academia with extensive experience in this area.
- The Real “Fear” of AI is Automation Inundation - Jun 16, 2017.
The biggest threat to minimum wage earners (and beyond, quite frankly) is the new tsunami of automation in the workplace.
- Sentiment, Emotional and Behavioral Analytics AND AI in Marketing Symposium, San Francisco, July 17-19 - Jun 12, 2017.
Learn from early-adopting marketing practitioners, AI technology developers, and industry analysts with their fingers on the pulse of this developing technology. Save with code KDN15.
- New Speakers Announced for the European Machine Intelligence Summit & Machine Intelligence in Autonomous Vehicles Summit in Amsterdam, 28-29 June - Jun 8, 2017.
Explore the cutting-edge technology leading the way in Machine Intelligence and Autonomous Vehicles and it’s applications in industry at the Amsterdam Summits on June 28th & 29th. Use the discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% on all tickets.
- Prepare Your Organization for Smooth AI Adoption - Jun 8, 2017.
Download this free whitepaper on how to prepare your company for all the challenges that it may face on the way to data-driven prosperity.
- The Unintended Consequences of Machine Learning - Jun 8, 2017.
But with great power comes great responsibility. Let me tell you a story about the unintended consequences of well-meaning machine learning research.
- The Artificial ‘Artificial Intelligence’ Bubble and the Future of Cybersecurity - Jun 1, 2017.
What’s going on now in the field of ‘AI’ resembles a soap bubble. And we all know what happens to soap bubbles eventually if they keep getting blown up by the circus clowns (no pun intended!): they burst.
- The Evolving Science of Sentiment and Emotion AI, Sentiment Analysis Symposium, June 27-28 - May 26, 2017.
News, sentiment, and emotion drive markets - consumer markets and financial markets, making text and sentiment analysis essential tools for research and insights. Using code KDNUGGETS to save - early reg by May 31.
- Unsupervised Investments (II): A Guide to AI Accelerators and Incubators - May 25, 2017.
A meticulously compiled list as extensive as possible of every accelerator, incubator or program the author has read or bumped into over the past months. It looks like there are at least 29 of them. An interesting read for a wide variety of potentially interested parties - far beyond only the investor.
Pages: 1 2
- Natural Language Generation overview – is NLG is worth a thousand pictures ? - May 23, 2017.
NLG tools automate the analysis and enhance traditional BI platforms by explaining in plain English the significance of visualizations and findings – here is an overview of the market.
- The first ever AI survey for Insurance: Get the low-down on how AI will impact you - May 23, 2017.
Check the new “AI, Analytics and GDPR Survey 2017”, where Insurance Nexus quizzed 250 of the brightest minds in insurance, and learn the latest trends in analytics, AI and GDPR to help you adjust your strategy.
- The Path To Learning Artificial Intelligence - May 19, 2017.
Learn how to easily build real-world AI for booming tech, business, pioneering careers and game-level fun.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to O’Reilly AI Conference, NYC, June 26-29 - May 16, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. You can win KDnuggets free pass to the new AI conference in NYC in from the organizers of Strata + Hadoop World Conferences.
- Top 10 Recent AI videos on YouTube - May 10, 2017.
Top viewed videos on artificial intelligence since 2016 include great talks and lecture series from MIT and Caltech, Google Tech Talks on AI.
- AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning–Learn It or You’ll Become a Dinosaur (O’Reilly AI, NYC, Jun 26-29) - May 5, 2017.
Learn how to implement AI in real-world projects today and explore what the future holds for intelligence engineering at O'Reilly's AI Conference, NYC, June 26-29. Save extra 20% with code PCKDNG.
- Big Data Toronto Launches New Era With Triple Threat Data, AI, IoT Conference, June 20-21 - May 5, 2017.
Taking place June 20-21 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Big Data Toronto 2017 will host three co-located conferences that are free to attend for data and AI professionals.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, April: Why Momentum Really Works; Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn & TensorFlow - May 5, 2017.
Why Momentum Really Works; O'Reilly's Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow; Implemented BEGAN and saw a cute face at iteration 168k; Self-driving car course; Exploring the mysteries of Go; DeepMind Solves AGI
- Advances in AI & Deep Learning: DeepMind, Facebook & OpenAI - May 4, 2017.
RE•WORK would like to update KDnuggets readers on their upcoming European events, as discounted tickets end next week, and share their on-demand content and expert interviews! For 20% off pass prices for all RE•WORK events, use discount code KDNUGGETS.
- How to Fail with Artificial Intelligence: 9 creative ways to make your AI startup fail - May 4, 2017.
This post summarizes nine creative ways to condemn almost any AI startup to bankruptcy. I focus on data science and machine learning startups, but the lessons on what to avoid can easily be applied to other industries.
- AI & Machine Learning Black Boxes: The Need for Transparency and Accountability - Apr 25, 2017.
When something goes wrong, as it inevitably does, it can be a daunting task discovering the behavior that caused an event that is locked away inside a black box where discoverability is virtually impossible.
- The AI Conference – continue the conversation, San Francisco, June 2 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 21, 2017.
AI Conference will focus on emerging technology with a specific focus around projects, teams and people who are working on Artificial General Intelligence and related topics. Use code KDnuggets to save on tickets.
- Artificial Intelligence Conference from O’Reilly Media, NYC, June 26-29 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 20, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. The organizers of Strata + Hadoop World Conferences are bring you new conference on AI in NYC in June. Use code PCKDNG to save.
- Putting Alexa to Work: Moving Conversational UI from Hype to Reality - Apr 19, 2017.
The rise of conversational UI signals exciting progress for the BI world but there are pitfalls to be avoided. This blog presents 3 considerations for guiding your conversational UI implementation to ensure success and maximize the value of your data analytics.
- The dynamics between AI and IoT - Apr 18, 2017.
We see the need for a new type of Engineer who will combine knowledge from Electronics & IoT with Machine learning, AI, Robotics, Cloud and Data management (devops).
- Cartoon: Taxes, Artificial Intelligence, and Humans - Apr 15, 2017.
In honor of Tax Day, new KDnuggets Cartoon looks at an unexpected white-collar job that may resist automation and Machine Learning.
- Speaker Introduction for the Deep Learning Summit & Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in Boston, 25-26 May (KDnuggets Offer) - Apr 13, 2017.
Explore the latest advancements in deep learning and their applications in industry and healthcare at the Deep Learning Summit and Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in Boston, 25-26 May. Use discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% off all tickets.
- Train AI 2017 is about what takes 90% of Data Scientist work, May 17, San Francisco, KDnuggets Offer - Apr 10, 2017.
Train AI comes to San Francisco on May 17, 2017, and focuses on everything except the algorithm - the training data and feature selection and deployment issues that end up being 90% of the work. KDnuggets readers get 30% off registration with code KDAI30.
- A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence - Apr 7, 2017.
This post is a brief outline of what happened in artificial intelligence in the last 60 years. A great place to start or brush up on your history.
- AI in Healthcare Summit, San Francisco, June 26-27 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 6, 2017.
From care delivery to care coordination, diagnostics to population health management - AI, machine learning, big data, and cognitive computing are revolutionizing healthcare systems worldwide. Don't get left behind! Use code KDN15 to save.
- Putting Together A Full-Blooded AI Maturity Model - Apr 5, 2017.
Here is a proposed “7A” model that is useful enough to capture of the core of what AI offers without falsely implying there is a static body of best practices in this area.
- What is AI? Ingredients for Intelligence - Apr 3, 2017.
This introductory overview of artificial intelligence acts as a layman's guide what AI is, and what it is made up of.
- Key Takeaways from Strata + Hadoop World 2017 San Jose, Day 2 - Mar 29, 2017.
The focus is increasingly shifting from storing and processing Big Data in an efficient way, to applying traditional and new machine learning techniques to drive higher value from the data at hand.
- The Next Challenges for Reinforcement Learning - Mar 28, 2017.
Despite the recent success of RL, there is still a lot of work to be done before it will become a mainstream technique. In this blog-post, we look at some of the remaining challenges that are currently being studied.
- Unsupervised Investments: A Comprehensive Guide to AI Investors - Mar 24, 2017.
This article presents a list of 80 funds investing in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 15-21: Reverse-engineering a $500M AI company in one week; Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions - Mar 22, 2017.
Also Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman - The Elements of Statistical Learning Book PDF; Getting Close and Personal w. #MachineLearning #Algorithms; Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n11, Mar 22: 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution; 17 More Must-Know Data Science Q&A, part 3 - Mar 22, 2017.
Also 7 Types of Data Scientist Job Profiles; Email Spam Filtering: An Implementation with Python and Scikit-learn.
- Accenture: Artificial Intelligence Experienced Researcher - Mar 16, 2017.
Seeking an experienced well-rounded artificial intelligence researcher with a passion for using AI to help us redesign how we solve critical applied business problems for the world’s largest firms.
- 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution, Detailed - Mar 16, 2017.
We detail 50 companies leading the Artificial Intelligence revolution in AD Sales, CRM, Autotech, Business Intelligence and analytics, Commerce, Conversational AI/Bots, Core AI, Cyber-Security, Fintech, Healthcare, IoT, Vision, and other areas.
- Cartoon: What Happens When AI Masters the March Madness - Mar 14, 2017.
March Madness college basketball phenomenon is underway. New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at what happens when AI masters the March Madness.
- Greed, Fear, Game Theory and Deep Learning - Mar 3, 2017.
The most advanced kind of Deep Learning system will involve multiple neural networks that either cooperate or compete to solve problems. The core problem of a multi-agent approach is how to control its behavior.
- Predictions for Data Science in 2017 - Mar 2, 2017.
Our predictions include: 2017 will be the year of Deep Learning (DL) technology, Artificial General Intelligence is still far away, Software and Hardware Progress will accelerate, and AI will have unexpected socio-political implications.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 22-28: 50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus - Mar 1, 2017.
50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus: Term 1, In Depth; What is a Support Vector Machine, and Why Would I Use it?; 6 Easy Steps to Learn Naive #Bayes Algorithm (with code in #Python).
- Continuum Analytics Webinar, Mar 8: Deliver New Business Value with Open Data Science - Feb 24, 2017.
Continuum Analytics EVP Anaconda Business Michele Chambers and Computational Scientist Ian Stokes-Rees will help you embark on your enterprise's journey to Open Data Science in this webinar.
- AI & Machine Learning World, London, 13-15 June 2017 – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 21, 2017.
AI & Machine Learning World, part of London Tech Week, brings together global thought leaders who have driven the adoption of machine learning within global enterprises. Use code TEC6245KD to save.
- Deep Learning, Artificial Intuition and the Quest for AGI - Feb 20, 2017.
Deep Learning systems exhibit behavior that appears biological despite not being based on biological material. It so happens that humanity has luckily stumbled upon Artificial Intuition in the form of Deep Learning.
- Why Go Long on Artificial Intelligence? - Feb 17, 2017.
We are now at the right place and time for AI to be the set of technology advancements that can help us solve challenges where answers reside in data. While we have already seen a few AI bull and bear markets since the 50’s, this time it’s different. If I and others are right, the implications are immensely valuable for all.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 08-14: 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in AI; Deep Learning for NLP at Oxford, course materials - Feb 15, 2017.
5 Free Courses for Getting Started in #AI; Python #DataScience tutorial: Making #Python Speak #SQL with pandasql; Course materials: #DeepLearning for Natural Language Processing at Oxford; Resources for Learning AI, courtesy of McGill #AI Society.
- AI is not at all like Mobile/Cloud/SaaS - Feb 10, 2017.
AI is a hard problem and will take much longer to solve in any scope. The sudden uptick in interest may revert back to normal, but the cycle of work will be longer, much more diverse, and interesting than Mobile/Cloud/SaaS.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n05, Feb 8: Identifying Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data, Data Science Explained - Feb 8, 2017.
Identifying Variables That Might Be Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained; 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence; 3 practical thoughts on why deep learning performs so well
- Is Deep Learning the Silver Bullet? - Feb 1, 2017.
With nearly every every smart young computer scientist planning to work on deep learning, are there really still artificial intelligence researchers working on other techniques? Is deep learning the AI silver bullet?
- 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 1, 2017.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free collections of university course material to help you better understand the various aspects of what artificial intelligence and skills necessary for moving forward in the field.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n04, Feb 1: Data Science and Python Wrangling: Pandas Cheat Sheet; Great Collection of Machine Learning Algorithms - Feb 1, 2017.
Also Great Collection of Minimal and Clean Implementations of Machine Learning Algorithms; Bad Data + Good Models = Bad Results; Data Scientist - best job in America, again.
- Avoiding Another AI Winter - Jan 30, 2017.
This post is a look at the factors -- public fears and a loss of investor appetite -- that could thwart AI progress... if we don’t pay them enough attention.
- Artificial Intelligence and Speech Recognition for Chatbots: A Primer - Jan 26, 2017.
Bot bots bots... Read this overview of how artificial intelligence and natural language processing are contributing to chatbot development, and where it all goes from here.
- 6 areas of AI and Machine Learning to watch closely - Jan 25, 2017.
Artificial Intelligence is a generic term and many fields of science overlaps when comes to make an AI application. Here is an explanation of AI and its 6 major areas to be focused, going forward.
- Creating Curious Machines: Building Information-seeking Agents - Jan 24, 2017.
Researchers at Maluuba are developing ways to teach artificial agents how to seek information actively, by asking questions. This includes a deep neural agent that learns to accomplish these tasks through efficient information-seeking behaviour, a vital step towards Artificial General Intelligence.
- Chatbots on Steroids: 10 Key Machine Learning Capabilities to Fuel Your Chatbot - Jan 23, 2017.
As chatbots become a common practice, the need for smarter bots arises. Empowering your bot with machine learning capabilities can really differentiate it from the rest. Check out these 10 capabilities to help fuel your chatbot.
- The Data Science Puzzle, Revisited - Jan 20, 2017.
The data science puzzle is re-examined through the relationship between several key concepts in the realm, and incorporates important updates and observations from the past year. The result is a modified explanatory graphic and rationale.
- Data Science of Sales Calls: 3 Actionable Findings - Jan 19, 2017.
How does AI help sales and marketing teams in the organisation? Let’s understand Dos and don’ts of sales calls with the help of analysis of over 70,000+ B2B SaaS sales calls.
- CAMELYON17 Grand Challenge – Help improve diagnosis of breast cancer metastases with AI - Jan 16, 2017.
Here is a challenge to contribute to the world health, organised by Camelyon17 and IEEE. Come forward to build a healthy world. Submission deadline is April 1, 2017s.
- Exclusive: Interview with Jeremy Howard on Deep Learning, Kaggle, Data Science, and more - Jan 14, 2017.
My exclusive interview with rock star Data Scientist Jeremy Howard, on his latest Deep Learning course, what is needed for success in Kaggle, how Enlitic is transforming medical diagnostics, and what Data Scientists should do to create value for their organization.
- Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in London, 28 February – 1 March (KDnuggets Offer) - Jan 11, 2017.
Discover advances in deep learning tools and techniques from the world's leading innovators across industry, academia and the healthcare sector at the Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in London, 28 February – 1 March. Use discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20%.
- AI, Data Science, Machine Learning: Main Developments in 2016, Key Trends in 2017 - Jan 10, 2017.
2017 is here. Check out an encore installation in our "Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017" series, where experts weigh in with their opinions.
- Machine Learning Meets Humans – Insights from HUML 2016 - Jan 6, 2017.
Report from an important IEEE workshop on Human Use of Machine Learning, covering trust, responsibility, the value of explanation, safety of machine learning, discrimination in human vs. machine decision making, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning Summit in San Francisco, Jan 26-27 (KDnuggets Offer) - Jan 5, 2017.
Discover advances in Deep Learning, NLP, speech recognition, image retrieval, virtual assistants, and more from leading researchers and industry at the Deep Learning Summit and Virtual Assistant Summit in San Francisco, 26-27 January. Use code KDNUGGETS to save 20%.
- The Five Capability Levels of Deep Learning Intelligence - Dec 22, 2016.
Deep learning writer Carlos Perez gives his own classification for deep learning-based AI, which is aimed at practitioners. This classification gives us a sense of where we currently are and where we might be heading.
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 20, 2016.
As 2016 comes to a close and we prepare for a new year, check out the final instalment in our "Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017" series, where experts weigh in with their opinions.
- What we can learn from AI mistakes - Dec 19, 2016.
Because of recent innovations and research in AI, we have seen AI performing best in some very important tasks and even worst in even simple tasks. So the question is, Why is it that AI can look so brilliant and so stupid at the same time?
- Artificial Intelligence and Life in 2030 - Dec 15, 2016.
Read this engaging overview of a report from the Stanford University 100 year study of Artificial Intelligence, “a long-term investigation of the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its influences on people, their communities, and society.”
- AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain: New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discuss technology integration - Dec 14, 2016.
AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain – do you know how all of this will fundamentally impact insurance? Get exclusive white paper based on private interviews with New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discussing the role of ever-changing insurance technology to their business.
- What You Are Too Afraid to Ask About Artificial Intelligence (Part II): Neuroscience - Dec 14, 2016.
As a followup to Part 1, which covered the advancements in machine learning, this post gives considers comprehension of the brain mechanisms. We have an ever-increasing understanding of brain processes, which may help to foster the development of an AGI.
- Global AI Conference, Santa Clara, Jan 19-21 2017 - Dec 13, 2016.
Get up to speed on emerging AI technologies, develop new technical skills, learn best practices at vendor-agnostic Global Artificial Intelligence Conference, Jan 19-21, 2017 in Santa Clara. Use code KDNUGGETS to register and save.
- What You Are Too Afraid to Ask About Artificial Intelligence (Part I): Machine Learning - Dec 7, 2016.
In the first of a 2 part series, this post will briefly discuss major advancements in pure machine learning techniques - while a followup post will similarly treat neuroscience - both with an agnostic lens.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: StarCraft II for AI Research; Google AI Experiments Website; Google in Montreal - Dec 5, 2016.
DeepMind and Blizzard to release StarCraft II as an AI research environment; Google AI Experiments Website; Google opens new Montreal-based AI research lab; Lip Reading Sentences in the Wild; Clean implementations of machine learning algorithms
- Top 10 Amazon Books in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, 2016 Edition - Nov 30, 2016.
Given the ongoing explosion in interest for all things Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc., we have updated our Amazon top books lists from last year. Here are the 10 most popular titles in the AI & Machine Learning category.
- Continuous improvement for IoT through AI / Continuous learning - Nov 25, 2016.
In reality, especially for IoT, it is not like once an analytics model is built, it will give the results with same accuracy till the end of time. Data pattern changes over the time which makes it absolutely important to learn from new data and improve/recalibrate the models to get correct result. Below article explain this phenomenon of continuous improvement in analytics for IoT.
- Shortcomings of Deep Learning - Nov 15, 2016.
Current Deep Learning successes such as AlphaGo rely on massive amount of labeled data, which is easy to get in games, but often hard in other contexts. You can't play 20 questions with nature and win!
- 13 Forecasts on Artificial Intelligence - Nov 15, 2016.
Once upon a time, Artificial Intelligence (AI) was the future. But today, human wants to see even beyond this future. This article try to explain how everyone is thinking about the future of AI in next five years, based on today’s emerging trends and developments in IoT, robotics, nanotech and machine learning.
Pages: 1 2
- Ten Take-Aways from IBM World of Watson - Nov 14, 2016.
“Enterprise applications, Cloud, Cognitive computing and IBM Watson”, Yes, you guessed it right. This article talks about highlights of 2016 World of Watson conference organised at Las Vegas,NV.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n40, Nov 9: Trump, Failure of Prediction, and Lessons for Data Scientists; 8 Frustrating Things For R Users When Learning Python - Nov 9, 2016.
We examine the lessons for Data Scientists from the shocking and surprising win of Donald Trump; 8 frustrating things for R user when learning Python; Using Predictive Algorithms to Track Real Time Health Trends.
- Agilience Top Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Authorities - Nov 7, 2016.
Agilience developed a new way to find authorities in social media across many fields of interest. In previous post we reviewed the top authorities in Data Mining and Data science; in this post we review top authorities in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning which includes Vineet Vashishta, Kirk D. Borne, KDnuggets, James Kobielus, Kaggle and more.
Pages: 1 2
- For AI Engineers/Data Scientists: Implementing Enterprise AI course - Nov 7, 2016.
This unique course that is focussed on AI Engineering / AI for the Enterprise. Created in partnership with H2O.ai , the course uses Open Source technology to work with AI use cases. It is offered online and also in London and Berlin, starting January 2017.
- Artificial Intelligence Classification Matrix - Nov 3, 2016.
There might be several different ways to think around machine intelligence startups; too narrow of a framework might be counterproductive given the flexibility of the sector and the facility of transitioning from one group to another. Check out this categorization matrix.
- When Will We Bow To Our Machine Overlords? - Oct 25, 2016.
"I, for one, welcome our new computer overlords." Far from being our overlords, machines are our societal companion, our partner that supports our success and supports the functioning of our society. But the support the machine gives us is rudimentary at best.
- Inside Industry 4.0: What’s Driving The Fourth Industrial Revolution? - Oct 24, 2016.
In the history of mankind and past three major industrial revolutions, horizontal innovations like wheel, steam engine, electricity and integrated chips have always been the crux of it and they changed the world dramatically. Well, fourth one is on its way! Want to know what’s driving it? Have a read at this crisp article.
- KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Ajit Jaokar, on IoT and Data Science - Oct 21, 2016.
Ajit Jaokar, a leading expert in the field, shares his views on evolution of IoT, Data Science, Smart Cities, the promise and dangers of AI, and encouraging young people.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n37, Oct 19: Top Data Science Videos; 12 Interesting Big Data Careers; Deep Learning Key Terms - Oct 19, 2016.
Top 10 Data Science Videos on YouTube; Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in Big Data; Deep Learning Key Terms, Explained; Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained; MLDB: The Machine Learning Database
- Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained - Oct 14, 2016.
This article is meant to explain the concepts of AI, deep learning, and neural networks at a level that can be understood by most non-practitioners, and can also serve as a reference or review for technical folks as well.
- Deep Learning Singapore & Machine Intelligence NYC – KDnuggets Offer - Sep 28, 2016.
Explore the latest machine learning research, technology and applications, with 2 RE.WORK events: the Deep Learning Summit in Singapore (20-21 Oct) and the Machine Intelligence Summit in New York City (Nov 2-3). Use code KDNUGGETS for 20% off.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 24-30: #DataScientist – sexiest job of the 21st century until …; Activation Function in #NeuralNetworks. - Aug 31, 2016.
Cartoon: #DataScientist - sexiest job of the 21st century until ...; What is the Role of the Activation Function in Neural Networks?; LinkedIn Machine Learning team tutorial on building #Recommender system; Create a #Chatbot for #Telegram in #Python to Summarize Text.
- Is “Artificial Intelligence” Dead? Long Live Deep Learning?!? - Aug 26, 2016.
Has Deep Learning become synonymous with Artificial Intelligence? Read a discussion on the topic fuelled by the opinions of 7 participating experts, and gain some additional insight into the future of research and technology.
Pages: 1 2
- Artificial Intelligence: Useful Technology or the Next Frankenstein? - Aug 15, 2016.
For a refreshingly insightful and honest answer this question, just ask Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg.
- O’Reilly AI: Last chance to get Early Price - Aug 15, 2016.
This is your last chance to get early pricing at the O'Reilly AI conference happening in New York September 26-27. Space is limited, so register now!
- Robots Need “Common Sense” AI to Work Out Our Uncertain World - Aug 12, 2016.
At the Machine Intelligence Summit in Berlin last week, Jeremy Wyatt, Professor of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence at University of Birmingham, was asked a few questions about his work in mobile robot task planning and manipulation.
- Common Sense in Artificial Intelligence… by 2026? - Aug 4, 2016.
An insightful opinion piece on the future of common sense in AI. A recommended read by an authority in the field.
- O’Reilly AI: Last chance to get Best Price - Jul 18, 2016.
This week is your last chance to get the Best Price for the O'Reilly Artificial Intelligence Conference happening in New York September 26-27. Register with your KDnuggets discount code now!
- 10 Algorithm Categories for AI, Big Data, and Data Science - Jul 14, 2016.
With a focus on leveraging algorithms and balancing human and AI capital, here are the top 10 algorithm categories used to implement A.I., Big Data, and Data Science.
- A Survey of Available Corpora for Building Data-driven Dialogue Systems - Jul 12, 2016.
This post is a summary of Serban, et al. "A Survey of Available Corpora for Building Data-Driven Dialogue Systems," which is of increasing relevance given the recent state of conversational AI.
Pages: 1 2
- The Hard Problems AI Can’t (Yet) Touch - Jul 11, 2016.
It's tempting to consider the progress of AI as though it were a single monolithic entity,
advancing towards human intelligence on all fronts. But today's machine learning only addresses problems with simple, easily quantified objectives
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n23, Jun 29: Machine Learning Trends & Future of AI; Data Science Kaggle Walkthrough; Regularization in Logistic Regression - Jun 29, 2016.