- Cartoon: AI at Home: How Far Can A Smart Device Go? - Jan 6, 2018.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at AI at Home technology and considers how a novel way how a smart device can help its owner to lose weight.
- EY: AI Scientist - Jan 5, 2018.
Seeking AI Scientist who will be driving EY into the future and help change the way we do business, enter new markets and serve clients.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in less than 50 years, say KDnuggets readers - Jan 5, 2018.
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) will likely be achieved in less than 50 years, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. The median estimate from all regions was 21-50 years, except in Asia where AGI is expected in 11-20 years.
- The Convergence of AI and Blockchain: What’s the deal? - Jan 5, 2018.
This article wants to give a flavor of the potentialities realized at the intersection of AI and Blockchain and discuss standard definitions, challenges, and benefits of this alliance, as well as about some interesting player in this space.
Pages: 1 2
- NVIDIA: AI Developer Technology Engineer - Jan 4, 2018.
NVIDIA is looking for a passionate, world-class computer scientist to work in its Compute Developer Technology (Devtech) team as an AI Developer Technology Engineer.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: January and Beyond - Jan 2, 2018.
Coming soon: Deep Learning Summit San Francisco, Data Science Salon Miami, TDWI Las Vegas, BI + Analytics Conference Huntington Beach, Applied AI Summit London, Strata San Jose, and more.
- Everything Changes: A Human Perspective on Digitization - Jan 2, 2018.
An insightful, thought-provoking article on digital disruption and evolution of technology.
- How AI Learns What You’re Willing to Pay - Dec 28, 2017.
Why are we all paying different prices? Is it price "personalization" or price "discrimination"? The answer isn't so simple.
- View from Google Assistant: Are we becoming reliant on AI? - Dec 26, 2017.
AI is powering a paradigm shift in human machine interaction and conversational UIs like Alexa, Cortana, Google Assistant, and Siri, have the potential to break free from some key limitations of mobile app.
- Demystifying Data Science - Dec 26, 2017.
Marketing scientist Kevin Gray asks Dr. Randy Bartlett of Blue Sigma Analytics what Data Science really is and how it can help decision-makers.
- Is Religion The Next Frontier For AI? - Dec 23, 2017.
Different civilizations have worshiped many different gods and deities. Science, discovery and new technologies have influenced religion in the past, so will our digital age should birth an AI god?
- An Introduction to Monte Carlo Tree Search - Dec 22, 2017.
A great explanation of the concept behind Monte Carlo Tree Search algorithm and a brief example of how it was used at the European Space Agency for planning interplanetary flights.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n48, Dec 20: Machine Learning 2017 Key Trends; New Poll: When is AGI Coming?; AI Year End Roundup - Dec 20, 2017.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved?; Xavier Amatriain's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python; Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist
- New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved? - Dec 18, 2017.
When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved, if ever? Please vote in new KDnuggets Poll.
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 15, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Machine Learning and AI experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
- CogX London 2018, The Festival of all things AI, exclusive KDnuggets Discount - Dec 15, 2017.
CogX 2018 (11-12 June, London) will be the most important AI event in Europe. Get early bird tickets for only £599 (reduced from £1,799) with code KDN15 (valid December 2017).
- Learn from Google Brain, DeepMind, Facebook & other AI experts, KDnuggets offer - Dec 14, 2017.
RE•WORK interview leading minds in the field to discuss the impact and progressions of AI on business and in society. The complimentary white paper 'Should You Be Using AI In Your Business?' is now available to download. Save 20% on globally renowned AI and Deep Learning summits with code KDNUGGETS.
- Xavier Amatriain’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup - Dec 14, 2017.
So much has happened in the world of AI that it is hard to fit in a couple of paragraphs. Here is my attempt.
- 4th AI NEXTCon Conf. Seattle, Jan 17-19, Early bird (50% off) ends soon - Dec 13, 2017.
AI NEXTCon Seattle brings together top technical engineers, practitioners, influential technologists and data scientists to share solutions and practical experiences in machine/deep learning, computer vision, speech recognition and NLP.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 06-12: Top #DataScience and #MachineLearning Methods Used in 2017; Geoff Hinton Capsule Networks – a new way for machines to see - Dec 13, 2017.
Also The first international #beauty contest decided by #AI #algorithm sparked controversy; 4 Common #Data Fallacies That You Need To Know; Using #DeepLearning to Solve Real World Problems; Best Online Masters in #DataScience and #Analytics.
- Watch the Best of Open Data Science Talks of 2017 for Free - Dec 13, 2017.
Here is a selection of some of the highest rated ODSC talks of 2017 as voted by our attendees. Also check out our series of bi-weekly data science and AI webinars. Attend ODSC East 2018 in person and save 70% with code KDNUGGETS!
- AI World coming to Boston, December 11-13 - Dec 5, 2017.
Attend the AI World Expo and meet with 50+ exhibitors and AI Startups. Save $200 off your 2 or 3-day VIP conference pass using priority code AIW200KD. Save $100 off your AI World Expo Pass using priority code AIW100EXPD. Priority codes expire Dec 7.
- Exclusive: Interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning - Dec 5, 2017.
My exclusive interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning, on RL, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, 2nd edition of his book, Deep Learning, Prediction Learning, AlphaGo, Artificial General Intelligence, and more.
- EY: AI Scientist - Dec 4, 2017.
Seeking an AI Scientist who will be driving EY into the future and change the way we do business, enter new markets and serve clients, and who will be reporting to the Global AI Leader leads AI projects from a technical and project management perspective.
- Implementing Enterprise AI course using TensorFlow and Keras - Nov 27, 2017.
The course is for developers and architects who want to transition their career to Enterprise AI, but also has strategic (non-coding) version. The course starts in Jan 2018 and will take 3 months for the content and up to 3 months for the team project.
- Key Takeaways from Open Data Science Conference (ODSC) West 2017 - Nov 21, 2017.
This year, the ODSC West was held at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, from November 2 to 4. I am, attempting here, to give you a snapshot tour of what I experienced.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning in Robotics and Healthcare Summits: Join & save with KDnuggets offer - Nov 16, 2017.
RE•WORK are pleased to announce the launch of 'Expo Only Passes' for the upcoming San Francisco events, on January 25 from 14:00 - 18:00. Plus, save 20% on passes to all RE•WORK summits with the code KDNUGGETS.
- 2018 Will Be the Perfect Time to Build an AI Startup - Nov 10, 2017.
At the core, AI is actually built into many technologies currently in use, and it’s probably not as risky an investment as you might think.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 01-07: Airbnb develops an #AI which converts design into source code - Nov 8, 2017.
Also: One LEGO at a time: Explaining the #Math of How #NeuralNetworks Learn; 6 Books Every #DataScientist Should Keep Nearby; Direct from Sebastian Raschka #Python #MachineLearning book, new edition.
- Data Scientist: The Hottest Job on Wall Street - Nov 8, 2017.
The demand for professionals that can build financial analytics programs is booming. We foresee two main objectives- to predict market movement for profit, and to protect customer assets of banks.
- AI in Healthcare Summit, January 18-19, Boston - Nov 7, 2017.
Join us for this industry-leading event uniquely seated at the growing intersection of healthcare and cutting-edge technologies.
- Webinar: Transform the business with automated embedded Artificial Intelligence, Nov 16 - Nov 6, 2017.
Learn how much value companies can get by adding AI to business applications and processes through AI and automation, how to architect a smart business with ubiquitous AI, and more.
- Machine Ethics and Artificial Moral Agents - Nov 2, 2017.
This article is simply a stream of consciousness on questions and problems I have been thinking and asking myself, and hopefully, it will stimulate some discussion.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n42, Nov 1: 7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby - Nov 1, 2017.
7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby; Neural Networks, Step 1: Where to Begin with Neural Nets & Deep Learning; XGBoost: A Concise Technical Overview; AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI
- AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI - Oct 27, 2017.
The previous version of AlphaGo beat the human world champion in 2016. The new AlphaGo Zero beat the previous version by 100 games to 0, and learned Go completely on its own. We examine what this means for AI.
- Hello, World: Building an AI that understands the world through video - Oct 26, 2017.
At TwentyBN, we have created the world’s first AI technology that shows an awareness of its environment and of the actions occurring within it. Our system observes the world through live video and automatically interprets the unfolding visual scene.
- AI Expo North America, Santa Clara, Nov 29-30, 2017 - Oct 25, 2017.
Use your exclusive discount code across the AI Expo World Series of events to secure an extra 20% of all paid passes, and experience real-life case studies, new technologies and strategies to deliver AI for a smarter future. Just enter the code KDNUGGETS20.
- Artificial Intelligence Today: Time to Act - Oct 25, 2017.
The AI and advanced analytics conversation has risen all the way to C-suite. The time has come to act. Jump on the AI train soon or you will be left behind.
- Applied AI Summit will give you the tools for your AI journey, 5-7 Feb, London - Oct 24, 2017.
The Applied AI Summit 2018 (5-7 Feb, 2018) will give you the tools to start or develop your AI journey. What you learn here, you can implement tomorrow.
- Rethinking 3 Laws of Machine Learning - Oct 23, 2017.
We rethink Asimov’s 3 law of robotics to help companies moving to unsupervised machine learning and realize 100% automated predictive information governance (PIG).
- The ways that AI can change your business - Oct 20, 2017.
AI technology involves a change in the value chain and represents a major challenge and opportunity for businesses. Managers are directly involved in this challenge, by accompanying the teams through this transition: vanquish fears, embracing innovation, transforming businesses, training teams.
- Voices in AI – great conversations with leaders in AI, Machine Learning, Data Science - Oct 19, 2017.
New Voices in AI podcast features conversations with top thinkers in the field, including Yoshua Bengio, Oren Etzioni, Jeff Dean, Daphne Koller, and Nick Bostrom. I am very honored to be in such company (on episode 11).
- 7 Types of Artificial Neural Networks for Natural Language Processing - Oct 19, 2017.
What is an artificial neural network? How does it work? What types of artificial neural networks exist? How are different types of artificial neural networks used in natural language processing? We will discuss all these questions in the following article.
Pages: 1 2
- H2O World 2017: The best of data science, AI, and business transformation, Dec 4-5, Mountain View - Oct 18, 2017.
The flagship H2O World is back to bring together the best of data science, AI, Machine Learning, and business transformation. Spaces are limited, so get a spot at 50% off w. code KDNUGGETS by Oct 21, 2017.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n40, Oct 18: Want to Become a Data Scientist? Read This!; Natural Stupidity is more Dangerous than Artificial Intelligence - Oct 18, 2017.
Want to Become a Data Scientist? Read This Interview First; Natural Stupidity is more Dangerous than Artificial Intelligence; Random Forests(r), Explained; Key Trends and Takeaways from RE-WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal; An Overview of 3 Popular Courses on Deep Learning
- Download NVIDIA DGX Systems eBook - Oct 17, 2017.
In this eBook, you will learn how NVIDIA DGX Systems offer the fastest path to AI and deep learning, how to spend more time focused on experimentation and less time wrestling with IT, and using DGX Systems include access to NVIDIA-optimized deep learning frameworks.
- The Fast Path to Success with AI, DataRobot Webinar, Oct 26 - Oct 13, 2017.
Learn The Fast Path to Success with AI and see how industry leaders are generating ROI with AI Webinar Details Register today Thursday, October 26, 2017.
- Annual Global Artificial Intelligence Conference, Santa Clara, Jan 17-19, 2018 - Oct 11, 2017.
Over 50 leading experts in Artificial Intelligence area will present at our conference. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n39, Oct 11: Machine Learning to Predict, Explain Attrition; Deep Learning for Object Detection - Oct 11, 2017.
Also How to Choose a Data Science Job; Tidyverse, an opinionated Data Science Toolbox in R; A Quick Guide to Fake News Detection.
- How I started with learning AI in the last 2 months - Oct 9, 2017.
The relevance of a full stack developer will not be enough in the changing scenario of things. In the next two years, full stack will not be full stack without AI skills.
- Credible Sources of Accurate Information About AI - Oct 9, 2017.
I want to recommend several credible sources of accurate information. Most of the writing on this list is intended to be accessible to anyone—even if you aren’t a programmer or don’t work in tech.
- 5 overriding factors for the successful implementation of AI - Oct 6, 2017.
Today AI is everywhere, from virtual assistants scheduling meetings, to facial recognition software and increasingly autonomous cars. We review 5 main factors for the successful AI implementation.
- Chief AI Officer and Chief Data Scientist events, San Francisco, Nov 28-30 – special KDnuggets Offer - Oct 5, 2017.
Join Corinium for 3 days of high level insight and discussion and learn actionable ways to benefit your business at special discounted tickets* for just $595 (saving up to $1000).
- Neural Networks: Innumerable Architectures, One Fundamental Idea - Oct 4, 2017.
At the end of this post, you’ll be able to implement a neural network to identify handwritten digits using the MNIST dataset and have a rough time idea about how to build your own neural networks.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science, AI & Deep Learning Conference – 16 November 2017, London - Oct 2, 2017.
This conference brings together a range of expert practitioners to explore and discuss the new era of AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Participants gain real insights on how to exploit these technological advances for themselves and their organisations in an increasingly ‘data-driven world’.
- GPU-accelerated, In-database Analytics for Operationalizing AI - Oct 2, 2017.
This blog explores how the massive parallel processing power of the GPU is able to unify the entire AI pipeline on a single platform, and how this is both necessary and sufficient for overcoming the challenges to operationalizing AI.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference in San Francisco 2017 – Day 2 - Oct 2, 2017.
Highlights and key takeaways from day 2 of AI Conference San Francisco 2017, including current state review, future trends, and top recommendations for AI initiatives.
Pages: 1 2
- Why your company should invest in #BUSINESSOFBOTS - Sep 29, 2017.
AI is the future of business and AI driven chatbots are the first step in gaining a competitive edge for your company in that future. Attend BUSINESS OF BOTS in San Francisco, Oct 9-11, and save 15% with code KD15.
- Becoming an AI-Driven Enterprise - Sep 29, 2017.
In this upcoming webinar, review the practical first steps an organization can take towards becoming an AI-driven enterprise, and learn how you cut through the hype of AI, apply it organization-wide, and quickly realize ROI.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference in San Francisco 2017 – Day 1 - Sep 29, 2017.
Highlights and key takeaways from day 1 of AI Conference San Francisco 2017, including current state review, future trends, and top recommendations for AI initiatives.
Pages: 1 2
- AI Conference in San Francisco, Sep 2017 – highlights and key ideas - Sep 28, 2017.
Highlights from recent AI Conference include the inevitable merger of IQ and EQ in computing, Deep learning to fight cancer, AI as the new electricity and advice from Andrew Ng, Deep reinforcement learning advances and frontiers, and Tim O’Reilly analysis of concerns that AI is the single biggest threat to the survival of humanity.
- How to Get Ready for AI and Machine Learning - Sep 20, 2017.
AI and machine learning have hit the mainstream, spanning consumer devices to enterprise initiatives. Experts say change is coming fast - if you don't have a plan, are you behind the curve?
- Cartoon: What Else Can AI Guess From Your Face? - Sep 16, 2017.
Recent story about AI able to guess if a person is gay or straight from their photo led us to think what else can AI guess from your face.
- Will AI kill us all after taking our jobs? - Sep 15, 2017.
We are now in the middle of an AI hype wave which will decline. This is why I think that AI will take 100 or more years to become sentient, only after completely different AI systems will be created.
Pages: 1 2
- Python vs R for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science - Sep 11, 2017.
This is a summary (with links) of a three-part article series that's intended to be an in-depth overview of the considerations, tradeoffs, and recommendations associated with selecting between Python and R for programmatic data science tasks.
- Asimov’s 4th Law of Robotics - Sep 8, 2017.
It seems Isaac Asimov didn’t envision needing a law to govern robots in these sorts of life-and-death situations where it isn’t the life of the robot versus the life of a human in debate, but it’s a choice between the lives of multiple humans!
- I built a chatbot in 2 hours and this is what I learned - Sep 7, 2017.
I set out to test two things: 1) building a bot is useless from a business perspective and 2) building bots is crazy tough. Here is what I learned.
Pages: 1 2
- Decoding AI: Making the Case for Artificial Intelligence - Sep 7, 2017.
The question is no longer ‘can we get machines to do this or that’ (the answer is yes for most things you can think of), question now is ‘where all do we want to do it?’
- Learn from experts at Netflix, Facebook, Tesla, DeepMind & more - Sep 5, 2017.
January 25 & 26 in San Francisco will see the sixteenth global Deep Learning Summit and the fifth global AI Assistant Summit joined by the first ever Deep Learning for Enterprise Summit. Use code KDNUGGETS to save 20% on Early Bird passes!
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning: September 2017 and Beyond - Sep 1, 2017.
Coming soon: Big Data Innovation Summit Boston, O'Reilly AI NYC, Strata NYC, Rework Deep Learning London, The AI Summit San Francisco, and many more.
- Global AI Conference, New York City, October 23-24 - Sep 1, 2017.
50+ leading experts in Artificial Intelligence area will present on state-of-the-art topics including Cognitive Computing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and IoT and cover key industry verticals. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n33, Aug 30: Python Overtakes R in Machine Learning; Data Science in 42 Steps; Deep Learning not AI’s Future - Aug 30, 2017.
Also: KDnuggets part-time, paid internship in Data Science/Machine Learning Journalism; How To Write Better SQL Queries: The Definitive Guide; Understanding overfitting: an inaccurate meme in Machine Learning; How to Become a Data Scientist: The Definitive Guide
- Deep Learning is not the AI future - Aug 25, 2017.
While Deep Learning had many impressive successes, it is only a small part of Machine Learning, which is a small part of AI. We argue that future AI should explore other ways beyond DL.
Pages: 1 2
- Wrapping Our Primate Brains Around AI’s Next Grand Challenge - Aug 24, 2017.
AI has moved beyond the Turing Test and is literally “moving” towards new directions. We argue that the new AI grand challenge is to allow intelligence to become more embodied and animal-like.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 16-22: Getting Started with #DeepLearning - Aug 23, 2017.
Also: No surprise, Gartner ranks #AI as the top technology to watch in coming years; TOP 100 @medium articles on #AI / #MachineLearning / #DeepLearning.
- O’Reilly NYC AI Conference Highlights: Explainable AI, Vector Representation, Bias, and Future - Aug 21, 2017.
The answer to questions of trust and bias in AI is largely seen in the focus on Explainable AI. Although traditionally viewed as "black boxes", AI and machine learning systems are not ontologically inscrutable.
- Using AI to Super Compress Images - Aug 21, 2017.
Neural Network algorithms are showing promising results for different complex problems. Here we discuss how these algorithms are used in image compression.
- PayPal: Applied Research Scientist (AI-ML R&D / NLP / Deep Learning) - Aug 18, 2017.
Seeking an Applied Research Scientist to work on deep learning research for multiple data science applications within the company. There will be access to huge amount of internal data and lots of opportunities to innovate.
- A New Beginning to Deep Learning - Aug 17, 2017.
I won't give you the clichéd line that it's never too late because that's not the point. It is actually because, a term that I loved as soon as I came across it- 'The AI Winter' - doesn't seem to ever be going to return again.
- A Guide to Understanding AI Toolkits - Aug 16, 2017.
This post surveys today’s foremost options for AI in the form of deep learning, examining each toolkit’s primary advantages as well as their respective industry supporters.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n31, Aug 16: Data Science Primer: Basic Concepts; Python vs R vs rest - Aug 16, 2017.
Also: What Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Can Do-And What It Can't; How Convolutional Neural Networks Accomplish Image Recognition?; Making Predictive Models Robust: Holdout vs Cross-Validation; The Machine Learning Abstracts: Support Vector Machines
- Explore The Future of Deep Learning with @teamrework - Aug 15, 2017.
Until recently, deep learning alluded to the big names in tech such as Amazon, Facebook, and Google as having a clear use for these tools. Whilst these are some of the key players in AI and DL implementation, there are also huge advantages for their applications in businesses and everyday enterprises.
- DeepMind Relational Reasoning Networks Demystified - Aug 15, 2017.
Every time DeepMind publishes a new paper, there is frenzied media coverage around it. We examine what is and is not real in recent work described as “DeepMind Neural Network Can Make Sense of Objects Around It”.
- 4 Industries Being Transformed by Machine Learning and Robotics - Aug 15, 2017.
When used in combination with big data and machine learning, both AI and robotics can actively improve over time as they collect more information. You don’t have to look far to see how these technologies have revolutionized the world, and continue to do so.
- What Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Can Do—And What It Can’t - Aug 10, 2017.
I have seen situations where AI (or at least machine learning) had an incredible impact on a business—I also have seen situations where this was not the case. So, what was the difference?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Friendly Suggestions re: Coding Practices; Racist AI How-To Without Really Trying - Aug 10, 2017.
Why can't you guys comment your f*cking code?; Train Chrome's Trex character to play independently; How to make a racist AI without really trying; Is training a NN to mimic a closed-source library legal?; 37 Reasons why your NN is not working
- Accenture: Artificial Intelligence Analytics Sr Manager - Aug 9, 2017.
Seeking an Artificial Intelligence Analytics Senior Manager to build and drive Artificial Intelligence opportunities in the UK and Ireland. This person will be responsible for helping shape Accenture’s point of view on Artificial Intelligence.
- Top 3 Breakthroughs in Combating Financial Crime - Aug 3, 2017.
AI and Analytics driven solutions have been widely adopted across different industries for various purposes. However, only a handful of banks around the world are working with advanced analytics and artificial intelligence technologies to improve their risk and compliance activities.
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: August and Beyond - Aug 2, 2017.
Coming soon: KDD-2017 Halifax, JupyterCon NYC, Big Data Innovation Summit Boston, O'Reilly AI NYC, Strata NYC, Rework Deep Learning London, and many more.
- Artificial Intelligence Conference – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Jul 31, 2017.
The O'Reilly AI Conference comes to San Francisco Sept 17-20. Early Price ends August 4, and space is limited. Save an extra 20% on most passes with KDnuggets exclusive code PCKDNG.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to The AI Conference, San Francisco, Sep 17-20 - Jul 26, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. You can win a free pass to the new AI conference in SF in September or use code PCKDNG to save right now.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n28, Jul 26: 5 Free Resources to start with Deep Learning for NLP; Emotional Intelligence for Data Science Teams - Jul 26, 2017.
Also AI and Deep Learning, Explained Simply; When not to use deep learning; Optimism for AI drop with experience developing AI systems.
- Learn from DeepMind at Deep Learning, AI Assistant Summits London, Sep 21-22 - Jul 25, 2017.
We’d like to update you on RE•WORK’s Deep Learning Global Summit Series and the upcoming summits in London this September. We have an exclusive code to give KDnuggets readers discounted tickets to these events as well as on-demand content and expert interviews.
- Summary of Unintuitive Properties of Neural Networks - Jul 24, 2017.
Neural networks work really well on many problems, including language, image and speech recognition. However understanding how they work is not simple, and here is a summary of unusual and counter intuitive properties they have.
- Optimism about AI improving society is high, but drops with experience developing AI systems - Jul 21, 2017.
While about 60% of KDnuggets readers think AI and Automation will improve society, the optimism drops significantly among those with 4 or more years experience developing AI systems. Should we pay more attention to the experts?
- AI and Deep Learning, Explained Simply - Jul 21, 2017.
AI can now see, hear, and even bluff better than most people. We look into what is new and real about AI and Deep Learning, and what is hype or misinformation.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Intelligence and Cognition: I Do Not Think They Mean What You Think They Mean - Jul 21, 2017.
You have likely noticed the recent relative uptick in the use of the words "intelligence" and "cognitive," as well as their derivatives. Are such terms really true or are they a marketing device?
- Deep Learning, AI Assistant Summits London feature DeepMind and much more, Sep 21-22 – KDnuggets Offer - Jul 20, 2017.
The Deep Learning Summit London and the AI Assistant Summit London will be continuing the RE•WORK Global Summit Series this September 21 & 22. Early Bird discount is ending on July 28th. Register now to guarantee a spot at the Summit and use the discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% on all tickets.
- Road Lane Line Detection using Computer Vision models - Jul 19, 2017.
A tutorial on how to implement a computer vision data pipeline for road lane detection used by self-driving cars.
Pages: 1 2
- Artificial Intuition – A Breakthrough Cognitive Paradigm - Jul 18, 2017.
This article is just a reflection of my current understanding of the language of Deep Learning Meta Meta-Model. That’s definitely a mouth full, so to make life simpler for everyone, I just call this the Deep Learning Canonical Patterns.
- Why Every Company Needs a Digital Brain - Jul 11, 2017.
As emerging technologies like AI/machine learning are adopted across different parts of the business, enterprises require a “digital brain” to coordinate those efforts and generate systemic intelligence.
- What Are Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning? - Jul 10, 2017.
AI and Machine Learning have become mainstream, and people know shockingly little about it. Here is an explainer and useful references.
- New Poll: Will society become better from increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? - Jul 9, 2017.
What will be the impact on human society and human welfare of increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? Please vote.
- Fidelity Investments: Vice President (AI Lead) – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Big Data - Jul 7, 2017.
Seeking an outstanding hands-on AI leader who can partner with business stakeholders and identify/prioritize top AI opportunities, create business/technical requirements, transform large volumes of data into AI-driven solutions using creative, and lead ML strategy and road map planning.
- Generali, The Co-operators, La Mutuelle Generale and IBM on using AI to lower operational costs – Exclusive webinar - Jul 6, 2017.
Learn how insurers can use AI and Machine Learning to improve operational efficiencies, lower costs and improve productivity in this webinar on July 20.
- Spotlight on the Remarkable Potential of AI in KYC (Know Your Customer) - Jul 4, 2017.
Most people would have heard of the headline-making tremendous achievements in artificial intelligence (AI): Systems defeating world champions in board games like GO and winning quiz shows. These are small realizations of AI, but there is a silent revolution taking place in other areas, including Regulatory Compliance in Financial Services.
- Deep Learning Zero to One: 5 Awe-Inspiring Demos with Code for Beginners, part 2 - Jul 1, 2017.
Here are deep learning examples and demos you can just download and run, including Spotify Artist Search using Speech APIs, Symbolic AI Speech Recognition, and Algorithmia API Photo Colorizer.
- Why Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning? - Jun 30, 2017.
With your goals (i.e., the why) in mind, the next step for any artificial intelligence or machine learning solution is to specify how (e.g., which algorithms or models to use) to achieve a specific goal or set of goals, and finally what the end result will be (e.g., product, report, predictive model).
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n25, Jun 28: Emerging Data Science Software Ecosystem; 3 Key Data Science 2017 Hiring Trends - Jun 28, 2017.
Emerging Data Science Software Ecosystem; 3 Key Trends Shaping the 2017 Data Science Hiring Market; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The world's first protein database for Machine Learning and AI; Making Sense of Machine Learning
- AI for fintech course – Early discounts and limited places - Jun 20, 2017.
This new course with limited places will focus on AI design (product, development and Data) for the fintech industry and will be taught online by Ajit Jaokar and Jakob Aungiers.
- Why Swarm Intelligence is a Better Way to Read Emotions - Jun 20, 2017.
Swarm Intelligence is using many simple machine learning models good at one small task to solve bigger, more complex problems. We examine how it can improve sentiment analysis and measuring emotions.
- Microsoft: Principal Data Scientist (Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning) - Jun 20, 2017.
Currently we are expanding our team to support projects that focus on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive analytics. We are looking for an expert in this field from business/academia with extensive experience in this area.
- The Real “Fear” of AI is Automation Inundation - Jun 16, 2017.
The biggest threat to minimum wage earners (and beyond, quite frankly) is the new tsunami of automation in the workplace.
- Sentiment, Emotional and Behavioral Analytics AND AI in Marketing Symposium, San Francisco, July 17-19 - Jun 12, 2017.
Learn from early-adopting marketing practitioners, AI technology developers, and industry analysts with their fingers on the pulse of this developing technology. Save with code KDN15.
- New Speakers Announced for the European Machine Intelligence Summit & Machine Intelligence in Autonomous Vehicles Summit in Amsterdam, 28-29 June - Jun 8, 2017.
Explore the cutting-edge technology leading the way in Machine Intelligence and Autonomous Vehicles and it’s applications in industry at the Amsterdam Summits on June 28th & 29th. Use the discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% on all tickets.
- Prepare Your Organization for Smooth AI Adoption - Jun 8, 2017.
Download this free whitepaper on how to prepare your company for all the challenges that it may face on the way to data-driven prosperity.
- The Unintended Consequences of Machine Learning - Jun 8, 2017.
But with great power comes great responsibility. Let me tell you a story about the unintended consequences of well-meaning machine learning research.
- The Artificial ‘Artificial Intelligence’ Bubble and the Future of Cybersecurity - Jun 1, 2017.
What’s going on now in the field of ‘AI’ resembles a soap bubble. And we all know what happens to soap bubbles eventually if they keep getting blown up by the circus clowns (no pun intended!): they burst.
- The Evolving Science of Sentiment and Emotion AI, Sentiment Analysis Symposium, June 27-28 - May 26, 2017.
News, sentiment, and emotion drive markets - consumer markets and financial markets, making text and sentiment analysis essential tools for research and insights. Using code KDNUGGETS to save - early reg by May 31.
- Unsupervised Investments (II): A Guide to AI Accelerators and Incubators - May 25, 2017.
A meticulously compiled list as extensive as possible of every accelerator, incubator or program the author has read or bumped into over the past months. It looks like there are at least 29 of them. An interesting read for a wide variety of potentially interested parties - far beyond only the investor.
Pages: 1 2
- Natural Language Generation overview – is NLG is worth a thousand pictures ? - May 23, 2017.
NLG tools automate the analysis and enhance traditional BI platforms by explaining in plain English the significance of visualizations and findings – here is an overview of the market.
- The first ever AI survey for Insurance: Get the low-down on how AI will impact you - May 23, 2017.
Check the new “AI, Analytics and GDPR Survey 2017”, where Insurance Nexus quizzed 250 of the brightest minds in insurance, and learn the latest trends in analytics, AI and GDPR to help you adjust your strategy.
- The Path To Learning Artificial Intelligence - May 19, 2017.
Learn how to easily build real-world AI for booming tech, business, pioneering careers and game-level fun.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to O’Reilly AI Conference, NYC, June 26-29 - May 16, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. You can win KDnuggets free pass to the new AI conference in NYC in from the organizers of Strata + Hadoop World Conferences.
- Top 10 Recent AI videos on YouTube - May 10, 2017.
Top viewed videos on artificial intelligence since 2016 include great talks and lecture series from MIT and Caltech, Google Tech Talks on AI.
- AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning–Learn It or You’ll Become a Dinosaur (O’Reilly AI, NYC, Jun 26-29) - May 5, 2017.
Learn how to implement AI in real-world projects today and explore what the future holds for intelligence engineering at O'Reilly's AI Conference, NYC, June 26-29. Save extra 20% with code PCKDNG.
- Big Data Toronto Launches New Era With Triple Threat Data, AI, IoT Conference, June 20-21 - May 5, 2017.
Taking place June 20-21 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Big Data Toronto 2017 will host three co-located conferences that are free to attend for data and AI professionals.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, April: Why Momentum Really Works; Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn & TensorFlow - May 5, 2017.
Why Momentum Really Works; O'Reilly's Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow; Implemented BEGAN and saw a cute face at iteration 168k; Self-driving car course; Exploring the mysteries of Go; DeepMind Solves AGI
- Advances in AI & Deep Learning: DeepMind, Facebook & OpenAI - May 4, 2017.
RE•WORK would like to update KDnuggets readers on their upcoming European events, as discounted tickets end next week, and share their on-demand content and expert interviews! For 20% off pass prices for all RE•WORK events, use discount code KDNUGGETS.
- How to Fail with Artificial Intelligence: 9 creative ways to make your AI startup fail - May 4, 2017.
This post summarizes nine creative ways to condemn almost any AI startup to bankruptcy. I focus on data science and machine learning startups, but the lessons on what to avoid can easily be applied to other industries.