- Getting Started with Data Science – Python - Aug 1, 2016.
A great introductory post from DataRobot on getting started with data science in the Python ecosystem, including cleaning data and performing predictive modeling.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science Statistics 101 - Jul 28, 2016.
Statistics can often be the most intimidating aspect of data science for aspiring data scientists to learn. Gain some personal perspective from someone who has traveled the path.
- Data Science for Beginners 2: Is your data ready? - Jul 28, 2016.
This second video and write-up in the Data Science for Beginners series discusses what is required of your data before it can be useful.
- Data Science for Beginners 1: The 5 questions data science answers - Jul 26, 2016.
A series of videos and write-ups covering the basics of data science for beginners. This first video is about the kinds of questions that data science can answer.
- A Pocket Guide to Data Science - Apr 11, 2016.
A pocket guide overview of how to get started doing data science, with a focus on the practical, and with concrete steps to take to get moving right away.
Pages: 1 2
- Introduction to Random Forests® for Beginners – free ebook - Mar 6, 2014.
Random Forests is of the most powerful and successful machine learning techniques. This free ebook will help beginners to leverage the power of Random Forests.
- Data Mining for Beginners Boot Camp, Salford video series - Jan 29, 2014.
This series shows how to easily apply SPM software suite to your predictive modeling projects, using a modern banking application as an example. This series is at the beginner level, and is perfect for first-time users or for those who need a refresher course in model building and data analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 27-28: Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries; Free Tutorial, Data Analytics for Beginners - Jan 29, 2014.
Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries of Top Performers. Hilarious! ; Free Tutorial - Data Analytics for Beginners: Part 1 - Installing R and RStudio; Part 2: Data Cleaning; A New Science of Cities emerges from Mobile Phone Data Analysis.