- Novel Tensor Mining Tool to Enable Automated Modeling - Oct 13, 2016.
A tensor - a multidimensional matrix - is ideal for modeling multiaspect data, such as social interactions, which can be characterized by the means of communication, who is interacting, and the time and location of the interaction, for example.
- Free Urban Data – What’s It Good For? - Nov 1, 2014.
See how the increasing availability of free urban datasets that has come with more cities participating in free data programs can be applied to solve interesting problems in this Big Data article.
- Top-Read Big Data Journal Open Access Articles - Oct 25, 2014.
Top-read open access articles include: Why Big Data Won't Cure Us, Predictive Modeling With Big Data: Is Bigger Really Better?, and A Data Scientist's Guide to Start-Ups.
- Panel Report: A Data Scientist Guide to Startups - Aug 19, 2014.
A detailed report on the KDD-2013 panel with 4 leading data scientists and entrepreneurs - Ron Bekkerman, Oren Etzioni, Usama Fayyad, and Claudia Perlich, discussing the major issues in Big Data and Data Science startups.
- Vasant Dhar – New Editor-in-Chief of Big Data Journal - Feb 28, 2014.
Vasant Dhar, Professor and Director of the Center for Business Analytics at the Stern School of Business, NYU is new Editor-in-Chief of Big Data Journal.