- Top stories for Sep 21-27: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 28, 2014.
Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained; Predictive Analytics in Health Care.
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 24, 2014.
A business-level explanation of most important data analytics and machine learning methods, including neural networks, deep learning, clustering, ensemble methods, SVM, and when do use what models.
- Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn about a variety of different approaches to data analytics and their advantages and limitations from a business leader's perspective in part 1 of this post on data analytics techniques.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 29-31: Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs …; 100 top machine learning talks - Sep 1, 2014.
Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs Data Mining vs Big Data; 100 most popular machine learning talks at videolectures; Intro to parallel iterative Deep Learning on Hadoop YARN; Jeremy Howard answers why he left Kaggle and what are his plans now.
- Data Analytics Week, Las Vegas, Nov 10-13 – Surprise Keynote Speaker - Aug 19, 2014.
Data Analytics Week, Nov 10-13, 2014 in Las Vegas has confidently departed from the term "big data" because regardless of the size of your data, there is powerful information to unlock. KDnuggets discount.
- Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business - Aug 11, 2014.
See how businesses leverage data analytics for great gain to help others understand the business value of data science projects and provide examples to inspire your own data-driven projects.
- Data Analytics Week, Nov 10-13, Las Vegas - Jul 15, 2014.
Join Data Analytics Week in Las Vegas, Nov 10-13, to raise your analytics expertise, participate in valuable networking and idea sharing. Special KDnuggets discount.
- The Impact Cycle – how to think of actionable insights - Jun 29, 2014.
The IMPACT Cycle provides a guiding framework for thinking about the steps for being effective analytical consultant, and can be a tool to help you drive effectiveness through your analytical teams.
- Data Analytics Handbook p. 3, Interviews with Research Leaders and Academics, Free Download - May 13, 2014.
Part 3 features interviews with research leaders and academics, including Hal Varian (Chief Economist, Google), Gregory Piatetsky (Editor, KDnuggets), and Analytics Thought Leader Tom Davenport (Professor, Babson College). Free download.
- Vendor-Neutral Hands-On Training in Data Mining [ Wash-DC, May | Denver-CO, July ] - Apr 15, 2014.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with immersive hands-on training and goal-driven strategy. Get this training from The Modeling Agency.
- Data Analytics Handbook – Interviews with Data Scientists and Tech Leaders, free download - Apr 12, 2014.
A young team of UC Berkeley students produced a Data Analytics Handbook - free to download, featuring interviews with data scientists and tech leaders from leading companies including LinkedIn, Cloudera, Facebook, Yelp, and Flurry.
- MS in Data Analytics from CUNY: Online and Affordable - Feb 27, 2014.
Learn about the affordable, fully online, MS in Data Analytics at CUNY SPS that prepares graduates to manage and analyze large amounts of data - March 11 info session.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 27-28: Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries; Free Tutorial, Data Analytics for Beginners - Jan 29, 2014.
Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries of Top Performers. Hilarious! ; Free Tutorial - Data Analytics for Beginners: Part 1 - Installing R and RStudio; Part 2: Data Cleaning; A New Science of Cities emerges from Mobile Phone Data Analysis.