- Deep Learning for Internet of Things Using H2O - Apr 6, 2016.
H2O is feature-rich open source machine learning platform known for its R and Spark integration and it’s ease of use. This is an overview of using H2O deep learning for data science with the Internet of Things.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, March: Hugs, Deep Learning Navigation, 3D Face Capture, AlphaGo! - Apr 4, 2016.
What's huggable, adversarial images for deep learning, overview of real-time 3D face capture and reenactment, deep learning quadcopter navigation, and a whole lot of AlphaGo!
- How Shutterstock used Deep Learning to change the language of search - Apr 1, 2016.
How Shutterstock created computer-vision and Deep Learning technology that understands their 70 million-plus images and takes away the need for customers to type in descriptions and unreliable keywording. The technology relies on pixel data as its language of choice.
- 100 Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 29, 2016.
Stay on top of your data science skills game! Here’s a list of about 100 most active and interesting blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 16-21: After 150 Years, ASA Says “NO” to p-values; Free Resources to Learn #MachineLearning - Mar 22, 2016.
After 150 Years, ASA Says "NO" to p-values; Using Deep Q-Network to Learn Play Flappy Bird; Why we work so hard: The problems is overworked professionals are NOT miserable; Free Resources to Learn #MachineLearning.
- Must Know Tips for Deep Learning Neural Networks - Mar 22, 2016.
Deep learning is white hot research topic. Add some solid deep learning neural network tips and tricks from a PhD researcher.
Pages: 1 2
- AlphaGo is not the solution to AI - Mar 21, 2016.
The field will be better off without an bust cycle it is important for people to keep and inform a balanced view of successes and their extent. AlphoGo might be a step forward for the AI community, but it is still no way close to the true AI.
- Exclusive Interview with Alexander Gray, Skytree CEO: Fast, Automated, Machine Learning Software for Free? - Mar 17, 2016.
We discuss how Skytree compares with competition, how does it perform relative to expert Data Scientists, how does Skytree Automodel compare to Deep Learning, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 07-15: Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning - Mar 16, 2016.
Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning; 4 Lessons for Brilliant #DataVisualization; 12 Apps with a Billion+ active Users - less time now to get to 1B users;Timeline of Artificial Intelligence #AI victories, 1997-3041, Chess, Jeopardy, Go.
- The Data Science Puzzle, Explained - Mar 10, 2016.
The puzzle of data science is examined through the relationship between several key concepts in the data science realm. As we will see, far from being concrete concepts etched in stone, divergent opinions are inevitable; this is but another opinion to consider.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning: an Interview with Yoshua Bengio - Mar 8, 2016.
Yoshua Bengio is a renowned figure in the machine learning and specifically deep learning, here is an interview with Yoshua about his thoughts on media interest in the field, future developments and more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: AlphaGo, Distributed TensorFlow, Neural Network Image Enhancement - Mar 2, 2016.
In February on /r/MachineLearning, we get a run-down of the AlphaGo matches, Distributed TensorFlow is released, convolutional neural nets are cleaning Star Wars images, vintage science is on parade, military machine learning is criticized, and the overwhelmed researcher is given advice.
- Distributed TensorFlow Has Arrived - Mar 1, 2016.
Google has open sourced its distributed version of TensorFlow. Get the info on it here, and catch up on some other TensorFlow news at the same time.
- Yahoo! CaffeOnSpark: Distributed Deep Learning on Big Data Clusters - Feb 29, 2016.
Get an overview of Yahoo!'s CaffeOnSpark, the latest entrant into the world of distributed deep learning, directly from the developers.
- Around the World in 60 Days: Getting Deep Speech to Work in Mandarin - Feb 24, 2016.
Baidu continues to make impressive gains with deep learning. Their latest achievement centers on Mandarin speech recognition, which you can read about here from the researchers involved in the project.
Pages: 1 2
- Opening Up Deep Learning For Everyone - Feb 19, 2016.
Opening deep learning up to everyone is a noble goal. But is it achievable? Should non-programmers and even non-technical people be able to implement deep neural models?
- Deep Learning and Startups: Notes on Rework Conference, San Francisco - Feb 17, 2016.
The Rework Deep Learning conference came to San Francisco this past January, and showcased both prominent deep learning researchers and startups. Get an overview of the proceedings with notes from an attendee.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 08-14: MIT-designed chip brings #MachineLearning to mobile devices; Best TED Talks for #DataScientist - Feb 15, 2016.
Best TED Talks for #DataScientist; Easy #DeepLearning w. TensorFlow; #DataScientist Valentine's Day Options - neural net predicts 98.9% compatibility; DeepLearning is not Enough - majority in KDnuggets Poll says; Great #DataScience application: Most timeless #song of all time #Spotify.
- The ICLR Experiment: Deep Learning Pioneers Take on Scientific Publishing - Feb 15, 2016.
Deep learning pioneers Yann LeCun and Yoshua Bengio have undertaken a grand experiment in academic publishing. Embracing a radical level of transparency and unprecedented public participation, they've created an opportunity not only to find and vet the best papers, but also to gather data about the publication process itself.
- Scikit Flow: Easy Deep Learning with TensorFlow and Scikit-learn - Feb 12, 2016.
Scikit Learn is a new easy-to-use interface for TensorFlow from Google based on the Scikit-learn fit/predict model. Does it succeed in making deep learning more accessible?
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n05, Feb 10: Deep Learning is not Enough; Apache Spark: RDD, DataFrame or Dataset? - Feb 10, 2016.
Deep Learning is not Enough; Apache Spark: RDD, DataFrame or Dataset?; New Tools Predict Markets with 99.9% certainty; Avoid These Common Data Visualization Mistakes;
- Deep Learning is not Enough - Feb 9, 2016.
Deep Learning has real successes, but is not enough to reach artificial intelligence, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. For more complex problems, should pure neural-net approaches be combined with symbolic, knowledge-based methods?
- The Top A.I. Breakthroughs of 2015 - Feb 2, 2016.
Learn about the biggest developments of 2015 in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Microsoft Deep Learning Brings Innovative Features – CNTK Shows Promise - Feb 2, 2016.
Microsoft releases CNTK, a deep learning tool kit which shows promise. While a few innovative features set it apart from its competitors, a major drawback may hurt its adoption.
- Cartoon: Deeper Deep Learning - Feb 1, 2016.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at a creative new way of achieving even better results and breaking through Machine Learning barriers with even "deeper" Deep Learning approach.
- Google’s Great Gains in the Grand Game of Go - Feb 1, 2016.
The game of Go has long stumped AI researchers, and, as such, solving it was thought to be years off. That is, until Google solved it earlier this week. Or did it?
- New Poll: Deep Learning – does reality match the hype? - Jan 29, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll looks at the very hot field of Deep Learning and asks: does reality match the hype? Please vote!
- Is Deep Learning Overhyped? - Jan 29, 2016.
With all of the success that deep learning is experiencing, the detractors and cheerleaders can be seen coming out of the woodwork. What is the real validity of deep learning, and is it simply hype?
- Deep Learning with Spark and TensorFlow - Jan 28, 2016.
The integration of TensorFlow with Spark leverages the distributed framework for hyperparameter tuning and model deployment at scale. Both time savings and improved error rates are demonstrated.
- Deep Feelings On Deep Learning - Jan 25, 2016.
A thoughtful opinion piece on deep learning and its role in Strong AI. A pragmatic view of deep learning and its comparison to competing learning strategies is presented.
- The Unreasonable Reputation of Neural Networks - Jan 20, 2016.
A discussion of why deep neural networks are captivating imaginations everywhere, specifically their abilities to model many natural functions well and to learn surprisingly useful representations.
- Anthony Goldbloom gives you the Secret to winning Kaggle competitions - Jan 20, 2016.
Kaggle CEO shares insights on best approaches to win Kaggle competitions, along with a brief explanation of how Kaggle competitions work.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n02, Jan 20: Research Leaders on Key Advances, Top Trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects - Jan 20, 2016.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects on Github; Top 100 Big Data Experts to Follow; Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset.
- Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends - Jan 18, 2016.
Research Leaders in Data Science and Big Data reflect on the most important research advances in 2015 and the key trends expected to dominate throughout 2016.
Pages: 1 2
- 20+ hottest research papers on Computer Vision, Machine Learning - Jan 15, 2016.
December's ICCV 2015 conference in Santiago, Chile has come and gone, but that's no reason not to know about its top papers. Get an update on which computer vision papers and researchers won awards.
Pages: 1 2
- Top 10 Deep Learning Projects on Github - Jan 13, 2016.
The top 10 deep learning projects on Github include a number of libraries, frameworks, and education resources. Have a look at the tools others are using, and the resources they are learning from.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n01, Jan 13: Detect Fake Data Scientists; Tensorflow is Terrific; More arXiv Deep Learning, explained - Jan 12, 2016.
20 Questions to Detect Fake Data Scientists; TensorFlow is Terrific; 5 More arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained; What questions can data science answer?
- Attention and Memory in Deep Learning and NLP - Jan 12, 2016.
An overview of attention mechanisms and memory in deep neural networks and why they work, including some specific applications in natural language processing and beyond.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 4-10: NIPS 2015 #DeepLearning Tutorial by top researchers; Scientific way to cut pizza into equal slices will make you angry - Jan 11, 2016.
#NIPS2015 #DeepLearning Tutorial by top researchers Bengio, LeCun, Hinton; Understanding Rare Events and streak patterns; Most Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and Quora; 12 Tips for Data-Driven Research.
- What To Expect from Deep Learning in 2016 and Beyond - Jan 11, 2016.
Predictions from some of the top names in deep learning, including Ilya Sutskever and Andrej Karpathy, about what to expect in the field over the next 5 years.
- 7 Steps to Understanding Deep Learning - Jan 11, 2016.
There are many deep learning resources freely available online, but it can be confusing knowing where to begin. Go from vague understanding of deep neural networks to knowledgeable practitioner in 7 steps!
Pages: 1 2
- Summer School on Integrating Vision and Language with Deep Learning, March 21-24, Malta - Jan 7, 2016.
Through lectures and hands-on sessions, the summer school will cover the state of the art in using deep learning methods within our two disciplines, Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing. The school is open to anyone interested, free of charge. Researchers resident in COST countries are eligible to apply for financial support.
- Top 5 Deep Learning Resources, January - Jan 7, 2016.
There is an increasing volume of deep learning research, articles, blog posts, and news constantly emerging. Our Deep Learning Reading List aims to make this information easier to digest.
Pages: 1 2
- AI + ML + NLP = Virtual Assistant Summit, Jan 28-29, San Francisco - Jan 6, 2016.
AI, machine learning, speech recognition and NLP technologies are converging to allow creation of Intelligent Virtual Assistants, explored in the first ever Virtual Assistant Summit, Jan 28-29, in SF. Use code KDNUGGETS to save 20% off.
- Nando de Freitas AMA: Bayesian Deep Learning, Justice, and the Future of AI - Jan 6, 2016.
During his recent AMA, machine learning star Nando de Freitas answers a host of questions on a number of topics, including Bayesian methods in deep learning, harnessing AI for the good of humanity, and what the future holds for machine learning.
Pages: 1 2
- 5 More arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained - Jan 5, 2016.
Top recent deep learning papers on arXiv are presented, summarized, and explained with the help of a leading researcher in the field.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, December: The Secret Sauce, OpenAI, Google vs. Facebook - Jan 4, 2016.
December on /r/MachineLearning: Is TensorFlow Google's "secret sauce?", AI leaders unite, an extensive curated list of machine learning resources grows, Google vs. Facebook, and Deep Q Pong.
- TensorFlow is Terrific – A Sober Take on Deep Learning Acceleration - Dec 30, 2015.
TensorFlow does not change the world. But it appears to be the best, most convenient deep learning library out there.
- DeepLearningKit – Open Source Deep Learning Framework for Apple iOS, OS X - Dec 30, 2015.
We are introducing you to the new deep learning framework “DeepLearningKit”, for the Apple based OS which is developed in Metal and Swift.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 14-20: DeepLearning in a Nutshell: History and Training; Top 10 #MachineLearning Algorithms, updated - Dec 21, 2015.
Top 10 #MachineLearning Algorithms, updated; Cartoon: Surprise #DataScience #Recommendations; DeepLearning in a Nutshell: History and Training; Update: Google #TensorFlow #DeepLearning Is Improving.
- Update: Google TensorFlow Deep Learning Is Improving - Dec 17, 2015.
The recent open sourcing of Google's TensorFlow was a significant event for machine learning. While the original release was lacking in some ways, development continues and improvements are already being made.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 Singapore – Day 2 Highlights - Dec 15, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, Singapore, day 2.
- 50 Deep Learning Software Tools and Platforms, Updated - Dec 15, 2015.
We present the popular software & toolkit resources for Deep Learning, including Caffe, Cuda-convnet, Deeplearning4j, Pylearn2, Theano, and Torch. Explore the new list!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 07-13: 50 Useful Machine Learning and Prediction APIs; 35 R Job Interview Questions, Answers - Dec 14, 2015.
R Programming: 35 Job #Interview Questions and Answers; A Look into #MachineLearning First Cheating #Scandal; The current state of #machine #intelligence 2.0 ; #Dilbert Dark #humor on combining #DNA tests and #Bevaviour #Predictions;
- Top 10 Deep Learning Tips & Tricks - Dec 14, 2015.
Deep Learning has been at the forefront of data science innovations throughout 2015. Dr. Arno Candel offers help through some valuable tips.
- Cartoon: 2nd place in a Data Science contest - Dec 11, 2015.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at the recent progress of machine learning algorithms reaching and exceeding human performance levels and what will they achieve next...
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n40, Dec 9: 50 useful Machine Learning & Data Science APIs; How Do Neural Nets Learn - Dec 9, 2015.
50 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs; How do Neural Networks Learn?; Free Data Science Curriculum; Spark + Deep Learning: Distributed Deep Neural Network Training with SparkNet.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 30 – Dec 6: The Balkanization of #DataScience: will it lead to empire or republics? - Dec 7, 2015.
The Balkanization of #DataScience, #BigData: will it lead to empire or republics;7 Essential Resources, Tips To Get Started With Data Science ; Data Science #Cartoon Contest has 3 winners.
- Deep Learning Transcends the Bag of Words - Dec 7, 2015.
Generative RNNs are now widely popular, many modeling text at the character level and typically using unsupervised approach. Here we show how to generate contextually relevant sentences and explain recent work that does it successfully.
- Spark + Deep Learning: Distributed Deep Neural Network Training with SparkNet - Dec 4, 2015.
Training deep neural nets can take precious time and resources. By leveraging an existing distributed batch processing framework, SparkNet can train neural nets quickly and efficiently.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: TensorFlow, Deep Convolutional Generative Adversarial Networks, and lolz - Dec 2, 2015.
In November on /r/MachineLearning, we've got a good laugh, a fantastic image-generating convolutional generative adversarial network, and a whole lot of Google TensorFlow.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n39, Dec 2: 7 Steps to Master Machine Learning w. Python; Hardest Part of Data Science - Dec 2, 2015.
7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; The hardest parts of data science; Deep Forger: Art Forgery Meets Deep Neural Nets; Bot or Not: an end-to-end data analysis in Python.
- Deep Forger: Art Forgery Meets Deep Neural Nets - Dec 1, 2015.
The past year has seen deep learning make exceptional advances in imaging, perhaps most notably with Google's Deep Dream. See how a clever Twitter bot employs deep neural nets to paint images in the style of famous painters.
Pages: 1 2
- Amazon Top 20 Books in Neural Networks - Nov 30, 2015.
These are the most popular neural networks books on Amazon. Perhaps there is something of interest to you here.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 16-22: Dilbert discovers the perfect chart; TensorFlow Disappoints – Google Deep Learning falls shallow - Nov 23, 2015.
A standard #graph for any occasion! #Dilbert discovers the perfect chart; TensorFlow Disappoints - Google #DeepLearning falls shallow; All the #BigData tools and how to use them; KDnuggets #DataScience #Cartoon Caption Contest.
- Deep Learning for Visual Question Answering - Nov 19, 2015.
Here we discuss about the Visual Question Answering problem, and I’ll also present neural network based approaches for same.
Pages: 1 2
- 7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python - Nov 19, 2015.
There are many Python machine learning resources freely available online. Where to begin? How to proceed? Go from zero to Python machine learning hero in 7 steps!
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n38, Nov 18: TensorFlow Disappoints; Spark with Python; Deep Learning; Top 20 Books - Nov 18, 2015.
TensorFlow Disappoints - Google Deep Learning falls shallow; Introduction to Spark with Python; A Statistical View of Deep Learning; Amazon Top 20 Books in Databases & Big Data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 10-16: 5 Books Every #Data Professional Needs; TensorFlow Disappoints – Google Deep Learning falls shallow - Nov 17, 2015.
Deep Learning for #Visual Question Answering; 5 Books Every #Data Professional Needs; Deep, excellent overview: A Statistical View of #DeepLearning; TensorFlow Disappoints - Google #DeepLearning falls shallow.
- H2O World 2015 – Day 1 Highlights - Nov 16, 2015.
Highlights from talks and tutorials delivered by machine learning experts at H2O World 2015 held in Mountain View.
- TensorFlow Disappoints – Google Deep Learning falls shallow - Nov 16, 2015.
Google recently open-sourced its TensorFlow machine learning library, which aims to bring large-scale, distributed machine learning and deep learning to everyone. But does it deliver?
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning, Language Understanding, and the Quest for Human Capacity Cognitive Computing - Nov 16, 2015.
To develop cognitive computing at human capacity understanding, deep learning research must heed what certain aspects of human symbol processing reveal about the architecture of the human mind.
- Recurrent Neural Net describes images like Taylor Swift or Romantic Novel - Nov 14, 2015.
Deep learning has recently, and famously, taken on painting by imitating artists. We now find recurrent neural networks writing stories corresponding to images, in the style of romance novels or Taylor Swift lyrics.
- A Statistical View of Deep Learning - Nov 13, 2015.
A statistical overview of deep learning, with a focus on testing wide-held beliefs, highlighting statistical connections, and the unseen implications of deep learning. The post links to 6 articles covering a number of related topics.
- Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks for NLP - Nov 11, 2015.
Dive into the world of Convolution Neural Networks (CNN), learn how they work, how to apply them for NLP, and how to tune CNN hyperparameters for best performance.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-9: 500 Deep Learning Papers, Graphviz and Python; Facebook App can answer questions on content of photos - Nov 10, 2015.
500 #DeepLearning Papers, Graphviz and Python; Skills You Need To Become a $240K+ Unicorn Data Scientist: n1 is Apache #Spark; Cartoon: It all started with the iPhone answering my Gmail; Overview of Python Visualization Tools
- 5 Tribes of Machine Learning: Nov 24 ACM Webinar with Pedro Domingos, moderated by Gregory Piatetsky - Nov 10, 2015.
Prof. Pedro Domingos, a leading AI/Machine Learning researcher will talk about 5 main schools in machine learning, each with its own master algorithm, a possible universal Master Algorithm, and implications for society. KDnuggets Editor Gregory Piatetsky will moderate.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 27 – Nov 02: A Framework for Distributed Deep Learning Layer Design in Python - Nov 3, 2015.
A Framework for Distributed #DeepLearning Layer Design in Python; SQL vs. NoSQL- What You Need to Know; Great Tutorial: A Neural Network in 11 lines of #Python; Data Scientist - 2nd Best IT and Engineering Job.
- Why Deep Learning Works – Key Insights and Saddle Points - Nov 3, 2015.
A quality discussion on the theoretical motivations for deep learning, including distributed representation, deep architecture, and the easily escapable saddle point.
- Top /r/DataScience Posts, October: Plagiarism, Reddit AMAs, Deep Learning Summer School - Nov 3, 2015.
Plagiarism, a data science author's upcoming AMA, Deep Learning Summer School, essential tools for us all, and data scientist interview questions.
- 6 crazy things Deep Learning and Topological Data Analysis can do with your data - Nov 2, 2015.
Want to analyze a high dimensional dataset and you are running out of options? Find out how Deep Learning combined with Topological Data Analysis can do exactly that and more.
- Deep Learning Finds What Makes a Good #selfie - Oct 28, 2015.
Ever wonder how a convolutional neural network would rate your selfies? Well, wonder no more!
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n35, Oct 28: Data Science Machine; Programming: Python vs R; KDnuggets Addiction - Oct 28, 2015.
The Data Science Machine, or 'How To Engineer Feature Engineering'; Data Science Programming: Python vs R; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 20-26: Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Able to Kill: an impossible dilemma of algorithmic morality - Oct 27, 2015.
Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Able to Kill: an impossible dilemma of algorithmic morality; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; Good overview: #BigData Infrastructure at IFTTT.
- Introducing: Blocks and Fuel – Frameworks for Deep Learning in Python - Oct 26, 2015.
Blocks and Fuel are machine learning frameworks for Python developed by the Montreal Institute of Learning Algorithms (MILA) at the University of Montreal. Blocks is built upon Theano (also by MILA) and allows for rapid prototyping of neural network models. Fuel serves as a data processing pipeline and data interface for Blocks.
- MetaMind Mastermind Richard Socher: Uncut Interview - Oct 20, 2015.
In a wide-ranging interview, Richard Socher opens up about MetaMind, deep learning, the nature of corporate research, and the future of machine learning.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n33, Oct 14: Is Deep Learning from Devil? Recurrent Neural Networks; Best Blogs - Oct 14, 2015.
Does Deep Learning Come from the Devil?; Recurrent Neural Networks Tutorial, Introduction; 90+ Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning; Best Data Science Online Courses.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 6-12: Big innovations in Data Science yet to come; 5 steps to learn Data Science - Oct 13, 2015.
Big innovations in #DataScience yet to come: new #algorithms, data, new thinking; 5 steps to learn #DataScience: 1. Learn to love data; Why Tracy-Widom Mysterious Statistical Law so common - Phase transitions; Best of /r/MachineLearning in September.
- Does Deep Learning Come from the Devil? - Oct 9, 2015.
Deep learning has revolutionized computer vision and natural language processing. Yet the mathematics explaining its success remains elusive. At the Yandex conference on machine learning prospects and applications, Vladimir Vapnik offered a critical perspective.
- 90+ Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning - Oct 8, 2015.
Stay on top of your data science skills game! Here's a list of 90+ active blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
Pages: 1 2
- Recurrent Neural Networks Tutorial, Introduction - Oct 7, 2015.
Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs) are popular models that have shown great promise in NLP and many other Machine Learning tasks. Here is a much-needed guide to key RNN models and a few brilliant research papers.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n32, Oct 7: Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained; Best HBR articles on Analytics, Big Data - Oct 7, 2015.
Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained; 30 best Harvard Business Review articles on Analytics, Big Data; Crushed it! Landing a data science job; Data science job market - what it's like.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29 – Oct 5: Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained - Oct 6, 2015.
Crushed it! Useful advice for landing a data science job; Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained; 30 best HBR articles; Researcher who broke Netflix Prize to find if data is truly anonymized w. grant from Google.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, September: Implement a neural network from scratch in C++ - Oct 6, 2015.
Neural network in C++ for beginners, Chinese character handwriting recognition beats humans, a handy machine learning algorithm cheat sheet, neural nets versus functional programming, and a neural nets paper repository.
- Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained - Oct 1, 2015.
Top deep learning papers on arXiv are presented, summarized, and explained with the help of a leading researcher in the field.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning and Artistic Style – Can art be quantified? - Sep 17, 2015.
We analyze the latest advance in Deep learning which teaches computers to paint in the style of different famous painters, from Van Gogh to Picasso. Is it really Art?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 08-14: Dilbert brilliant take on Character; Free edX course: Data Science and Machine Learning - Sep 15, 2015.
Dilbert brilliant take on "Character is how you act when no one is watching"; Free edX Course: #DataScience & #MachineLearning, starts Sep 24; A New Approach for #DeepLearning Training in Unsupervised Learning; New Book: Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Predictive Data Analytics.
- Aug 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science Acquisitions, Startup roundup - Sep 11, 2015.
Aug 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: HyperVerge, Top 100 by funding, Deep Genomics, Driveway Software, BigML, and many more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Deep Learning paints in style of many famous painters - Sep 7, 2015.
Deep Learning algorithm generating paintings in the styles of famous artists, Genetic algorithms pioneer John Holland passes away, Beginner Python data analysis tutorial, LSTM networks explained, and Google Thought Vectors.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-31: How to become a #DataScientist for Free; The R universe of Hadley Wickham - Sep 1, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; #BigData is Out, #MachineLearning is in; The universe of Hadley Wickham, the Man Who Revolutionized R; Book review: Fundamentals of #DeepLearning.
- H2O Deep Learning Webinar - Aug 24, 2015.
H2O.ai is a Google-scale open source machine learning engine for R and Big Data. This webinar introduces Distributed Deep Learning concepts, implementation and results from recent developments.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n27, Aug 19: Data Science MS/Certificates Online; Big idea to avoid overfitting; Largest Dataset Mined: trends - Aug 19, 2015.
Data Science, Analytics Online Degrees and Certificates; Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset is in laptop-size Gigabytes ; 11 things to know about Sentiment Analysis; Recycling Deep Learning Models with Transfer Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 11-17: Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding overfitting; Top Big Data, Data Science influencers - Aug 18, 2015.
Understanding #Convolution in #DeepLearning; Top #BigData #DataScience influencers @hmason @hackingdata @kirkdborne @flowingdata; Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding #overfitting: The reusable holdout method; R Programming: Where are 50,000 R programmers?
- Recycling Deep Learning Models with Transfer Learning - Aug 14, 2015.
Deep learning exploits gigantic datasets to produce powerful models. But what can we do when our datasets are comparatively small? Transfer learning by fine-tuning deep nets offers a way to leverage existing datasets to perform well on new tasks.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 4 and beyond - Aug 3, 2015.
Build Smart Apps With Deep Learning, Which Chief is Chief: CAO v. CDO, How to scrape data from the web, Fast-cycle Business-ready Insights on More Data, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 21-27: Beginner Guide to Time Series Analysis; Free Deep Learning online course - Jul 28, 2015.
Beginner #Guide to #TimeSeries #Analysis; Nvidia free #online course: Intro to #DeepLearning ; To Code or Not to Code with @KNIME; Guide To Linear #Regression
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n23, Jul 22: Deep Learning Adversarial Examples Myths & Facts; Stop Hiring Data Scientists Until … - Jul 22, 2015.
Deep Learning Adversarial Examples - facts and myths; Stop Hiring Data Scientists Until; arXiv.org and the 24 Hour Research Cycle; Statistics Denial Myth and Repackaging Statistics.
- Deep Learning Adversarial Examples – Clarifying Misconceptions - Jul 15, 2015.
Google scientist clarifies misconceptions and myths around Deep Learning Adversarial Examples, including: they do not occur in practice, Deep Learning is more vulnerable to them, they can be easily solved, and human brains make similar mistakes.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n22, Jul 15: Deep Learning, Empiricism, & Perfect Girl; 50+ Cheat Sheets; R vs Python - Jul 15, 2015.
Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; 3 Ways to Master Uplift Modeling; Can Deep Learning Help you Find the Perfect Girl?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 7-13: Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Jul 14, 2015.
Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; What can Hadoop do that my data warehouse cant?; Emacs for Data Science; Dataiku DataScience Studio - intuitive solution.
- Can Deep Learning Help you Find the Perfect Girl? – Part 2 - Jul 13, 2015.
Using Deep Learning to find the perfect match, PhD student Harm de Vries describes the process of data collection and analysis. Finally, the results from matching algorithm are compared to human assessment for identifying an individual's dating preferences.
- Can deep learning help find the perfect date? - Jul 10, 2015.
When a Machine Learning PhD student at University of Montreal starts using Tinder, he soon realises that something is missing in the dating app - the ability to predict to which girls he is attracted. Harm de Vries applies Deep Learning to assist in the pursuit of the perfect match.
- Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Jul 7, 2015.
Theoretical guarantees are clearly desirable. And yet many of today's best-performing supervised learning algorithms offer none. What explains the gap between theoretical soundness and empirical success?
- Cartoon: Where humans are still ahead of Deep Learning - Jul 3, 2015.
Deep Learning computer recently beats humans in an IQ test, and computers have beaten human champions in Chess and Jeopardy. However, KDnuggets cartoon finds an area where humans still have an advantage.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n20, Jun 24: Data Science Battle: R vs Python; Popular Deep Learning Tools - Jun 24, 2015.
New Poll: R vs Python - Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Science; Popular Deep Learning Tools - a review; I'm a data scientist - mind if I do surgery on your heart?; Why Does Deep Learning Work?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 16-22: Deep Learning resources from O’Reilly; Free Kaggle Machine Learning Tutorial in R - Jun 23, 2015.
#DeepLearning resources from @OReillyMedia to help you get started; Free @Kaggle #MachineLearning Tutorial in R - learn how to compete in #DataScience; Data Scientists, enjoy your fat salaries while you can; Computational Aesthetics #Algorithm Spots #Beauty That Humans Overlook.
- Why Does Deep Learning Work? - Jun 23, 2015.
Many researchers recently trying to open the “black-box” of the deep learning. Here we summarize these efforts of how neural nets of deep learning are evolve and how Spin Funnel and deep learning are related.
- Top 10 Machine Learning Videos on YouTube - Jun 23, 2015.
The top machine learning videos on YouTube include lecture series from Stanford and Caltech, Google Tech Talks on deep learning, using machine learning to play Mario and Hearthstone, and detecting NHL goals from live streams.
- Popular Deep Learning Tools – a review - Jun 18, 2015.
Deep Learning is the hottest trend now in AI and Machine Learning. We review the popular software for Deep Learning, including Caffe, Cuda-convnet, Deeplearning4j, Pylearn2, Theano, and Torch.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n19, Jun 17: Which Big Data, Data Mining Tools go together? Best Data Science Podcasts - Jun 17, 2015.
Which Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science Tools go together? Best Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, and Machine Learning podcasts; Not So Fast: Questioning Deep Learning IQ Results; Love, Sex and Predictive Analytics.
- Not So Fast: Questioning Deep Learning IQ Results - Jun 15, 2015.
Did deep learning just leap towards human intelligence? Not so fast.
- Decision Boundaries for Deep Learning and other Machine Learning classifiers - Jun 15, 2015.
H2O, one of the leading deep learning framework in python, is now available in R. We will show how to get started with H2O, its working, plotting of decision boundaries and finally lessons learned during this series.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 26 – Jun 1: Step by Step Guide to Learn #DataScience on R - Jun 5, 2015.
Creator of @ApacheSpark @Matei_Zaharia wins @ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award; LeaRning Path: Step by Step Guide to Learn #DataScience with R; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; R vs #Python for #DataScience.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, May: Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-Lapse Mining - Jun 1, 2015.
The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-lapse mining from Net photos, Deep Learning Textbook Part I, Kaggle R Tutorial, and Free Machine Learning ebooks.
- Dark Knowledge Distilled from Neural Network - May 26, 2015.
Geoff Hinton never stopped generating new ideas. This post is a review of his research on “dark knowledge”. What’s that supposed to mean?
- Deep Learning and Big Data Products: Synthos Technologies - May 23, 2015.
Using Deep Learning to build products on massive scale, virtues of transaction analytics, and which industries will likely to be disrupted in the near future, a perspective from Synthos Technologies.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 4-11: Why #HowOldRobot went viral and how does it work? 3 Things About #DataScience You Won’t Find In Books - May 12, 2015.
Why #HowOldRobot went viral and how does it work? 3 Things About #DataScience You Won't Find In Books; Cartoon reminds all Data Scientists to remember their Mother; Data Scientist vs Data #Engineer.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 12 and beyond - May 11, 2015.
Smart Apps With Deep Learning APIs, Actionable Insights from Life Sciences and Healthcare Data, Demystify Data Flows, 5 Predictive Analytics Lessons, 3 Ways to Improve Targeted Marketing, and more.
- Most Viewed Big Data Videos on YouTube - May 9, 2015.
The top Big Data YouTube videos by those like Hortonworks and Kirk D. Borne cover diverse topics including Hadoop, Big Data Trends, Deep Learning, and Big Data Leadership.
- Poll: What Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2015.
Vote in KDnuggets 16th Annual Poll: What Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months for a real project?. We will clean and analyze the results and publish our trend analysis afterwards.