- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – April 3 and beyond - Apr 3, 2014.
HP Vertica, Hadoop Data Warehouse with Impala, In-Database Scalable R & Python, Data Mining Failure To Launch, What Is Hadoop and Where Is It Going, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 26-27: Watch “Statistics with R for newbies”; Coursera free #DataScience courses - Mar 28, 2014.
Also free ebooks on Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendations, and Apache Hive - How to access big data on Hadoop with SQL/HiveQL.
- Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice - Mar 28, 2014.
Candid advice from an industry veteran reveals the true picture behind the much-talked-about Data Scientist "glamour" and helps people have the right expectations for a Data Science career.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 27 and beyond - Mar 27, 2014.
Best Practices in Predictive Analytics, Best Decision Trees with Angoss 9, Thick Data, In-Database Scalable R and Python, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Algorithms in Online Games, and more.
- Alpine Data expects faster, easier Data Science with Spark - Mar 18, 2014.
Alpine Data Labs becomes one of the first companies to be certified on Apache Spark, reported up to 100x faster than Hadoop. Alpine answers 3 questions from KDnuggets.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Paco Nathan - Mar 10, 2014.
We discuss about Paco's upcoming book "Just Enough Math", problems with current university curriculum around Math for Data Science and Big Data trends.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Paco Nathan, Chief Scientist at Mesosphere - Mar 10, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Paco Nathan, computer scientist, OSS developer, author, and advisor about Apache Mesos, Cascading, his books and Big Data trends.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Quentin Clark, CVP, Microsoft Data Platform Group - Mar 6, 2014.
We discuss Microsoft decision to embrace Hadoop as the standard, collaboration with Hortonworks, and advice to newbies in Data Science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 3-4: Accenture/MIT data science challenge; Spark graduates, 100x faster than Hadoop - Mar 5, 2014.
Accenture and MIT data science challenge - analyze City of Chicago; Spark graduates from Apache Incubator, 100x faster than Hadoop over in-memory data; Stanford Data Mining, Finance, Statistics Courses Online; Data Mining Cup 2014 - Student Competition starts.
- Online Data Science Certificates: Analytics and Programming for Data Science - Mar 1, 2014.
Statistics.com, a leading provider of online education in statistics and analytics announces two new online certificates for Data Science - "Analytics for Data Science" and "Programming for Data Science".
- Method3: Experienced Big Data Software Engineer - Feb 27, 2014.
Method3, a leader in human capital, RPO, and technology solutions is seeking an experienced Big Data Software Engineer for a large Big4 client in the Irvine, CA area.
- Top stories in January: Tutorial: Data Science in Python; Learning from Data, Caltech free online course - Feb 4, 2014.
Tutorial: Data Science in Python; Learning from Data: Caltech free online course, now with captions in 40 languages; Hadoop - Elephants in the Cloud; MADlib: Big Data Machine Learning in SQL; Mass Big Data.
- Top stories for Jan 5-11: MADlib: Big Data Machine Learning in SQL; Rock Stars of Big Data - Jan 12, 2014.
MADlib: Big Data Machine Learning in SQL for Data Scientists; IEEE Rock Stars of Big Data Presentations; Hadoop Elephants in the Cloud.
- Hadoop: Elephants in the Cloud - Jan 9, 2014.
Hadoop in the Cloud became a trending topic in 2013, with many new product and project announcements. This guest post explores 6 reasons why customers are seeing increased value in this model.
- Hadoop Innovation Summit, San Diego, Feb 19-20 - Jan 9, 2014.
This summit boasts a line-up of world class speakers and is set to bring together professionals pioneering Hadoop in their organizations.