- How Data Science Predicts and Reduces Adverse Birth Outcomes - Jan 6, 2016.
Here we look at project from Chicago University’s Data Science for Social Good (DSSG) Program on Predicting and Reducing Adverse Birth Outcomes.
- How Data Science reduces maternal mortality in Mexico - Jan 5, 2016.
Here we look at another project from Chicago University’s Data Science for Social Good (DSSG) Program which helps make the world a better place.
- How Data Science saves lives and helps combat obesity - Jan 4, 2016.
We look at projects from Chicago University Data Science for Social Good (DSSG) Program which help make the world a better place, and in particular at measure to help predict obesity.
Pages: 1 2
- Geisinger Health System: Senior Data Science Programmer - Nov 25, 2015.
Designing, deploying, and improving infrastructure and providing direct scientific support to data scientists.
- Online Privacy – Why the Odds are Against You? - Nov 4, 2015.
Infographic on Data Brokers explains how personal information is collected and sold, leaving people with few options to opt-out of it.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n33, Oct 14: Is Deep Learning from Devil? Recurrent Neural Networks; Best Blogs - Oct 14, 2015.
Does Deep Learning Come from the Devil?; Recurrent Neural Networks Tutorial, Introduction; 90+ Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning; Best Data Science Online Courses.
- Catasys: VP Infrastructure and Chief Data Scientist - Oct 13, 2015.
As a leader in healthcare analytics and predictive models, provide clients with situational analyses, deep insight into areas for improvement in substance dependence treatment, and targets for actionable solutions.
- How big data can help in home health care? - Oct 7, 2015.
Proper home care services can reduce both the chances and the cost of hospitalization and manage illness. Understand what big data promises for the healthcare sector and what are practical hurdles standing between the current solutions.
- PeachIH: Machine Learning Specialist (Singapore) - Sep 16, 2015.
We are a real-time healthcare IT analytics company using advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence to innovate cutting edge products to make actionable predictions for patients with acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Network with the analytics community in Boston, Sep 27 – Oct 1 - Sep 14, 2015.
Join your peers, Sep 27 - Oct 1 in Boston, at the largest gathering of analytics professionals on the east coast. Use KDnuggets code KDN150 to save.
- PAW: Four analytics events in Boston – KDnuggets special - Sep 10, 2015.
Attend four premier, co-located analytics events in Boston Sep 27 - Oct 1, enjoy great learning and networking opportunities, and use code KDN150 to save.
- The stronghold of analytics events this fall - Aug 25, 2015.
5 upcoming analytics events to help you improve all of your days labors: PAW (Predictive Analytics World) Business, PAW Healthcare, eMetrics Summit, Predictive Analytics Times Executive Breakfast (all 4 in Boston), and PAW Government (DC). 15% off till Sep 7.
- Predictive Analytics Healthcare, Hot topics, KDn offer - Aug 21, 2015.
PAW for Healthcare delivers case studies and expertise on how Predictive Analytics improves patient care, reduces costs, and more. Check hot topics and get KDnuggets offer.
- Catasys: Senior Data Analyst, Healthcare Services - Aug 19, 2015.
As key member of Infrastructure and Analytics dept, help analyze and mine large databases, design studies, develop models and address corporate analytics needs.
- PAW: The Fall Four – Score early bird rates at 4 predictive analytics events this fall - Aug 11, 2015.
Whether you want to captain predictive analytics efforts in the worlds of business, healthcare and government or you simply would like a predictive analytics warm-up, PAW has the event to match you. Use KDN150 to save.
- Book: Healthcare Data Analytics - Jul 20, 2015.
Written by prominent researchers and experts working in the healthcare domain, this book provides a clear understanding of the analytical techniques currently available to solve healthcare problems.
- Lund University Develops an Artificial Neural Network for Matching Heart Transplant Donors with Recipients - Jul 9, 2015.
Finding the correct donor for the transplant has been challenging and intensively researched usecase in data science. Here, you can find how MathWorks was used to resolve this problem.
- I’m a data scientist – mind if I do surgery on your heart? - Jun 18, 2015.
If I walked into an operating room and said I'm going to start dabbling in surgery I would be immediately thrown out. But people do that with statistics and data analysis all the time.
- New Machine Learning and Data Science Books – Save 20% - Jun 15, 2015.
New books include Statistical Learning with Sparsity: The Lasso and Generalizations, Statistical Reinforcement Learning: Modern Machine Learning Approaches, and Healthcare Data Analytics. Use Promotion Code GZP42 to save 20% off.
- Cogitativo: Senior Data Scientist - May 22, 2015.
Our thesis is simple: through our proprietary machine learning models, we can begin to "understand" the true behaviors of our healthcare system and we can make the delivery of healthcare the way we always intended - simple, intuitive, and human.
- Stanford Webinar: Big Data + Electronic Health Records = Better Healthcare, June 18 - May 15, 2015.
We show how to transform unstructured patient notes into a de-identified, temporally ordered, patient-feature matrix, and examine use-cases use the resulting data to improve learning of practice-based evidence in electronic medical records.
- Interview: Mark Weiner, Temple University Health System on Addressing Healthcare Data Gaps through Advanced Simulation - May 12, 2015.
We discuss dealing with current gaps in healthcare data, challenges in using real world healthcare data, desired skills for data scientists in healthcare industry, advice, and more.
- Interview: Mark Weiner, Temple University Health System on Maturity Assessment of Healthcare Analytics - May 11, 2015.
We discuss the challenges and opportunities created by increased collection of healthcare data, state of data accessibility, and the value of Analytics to the drug development process.
- Ontotext: Creating Actionable Insights from Life Sciences and Healthcare Data, May 14 - May 8, 2015.
Life sciences and healthcare organizations sit on mountains of structured and unstructured information. This webinar shows how semantic technology and text analytics help get value from this information, with a focus on Data Modeling, Data Mining, and Data Fusion.
- AirLiquide: Research Scientist – Data Mining - May 6, 2015.
Work on challenging problems in Air Liquide Home Healthcare and Industrial Business. Air Liquide is a world leader in gases for industry, health and the environment.
- Interview: Xia Wang, AstraZeneca on Big Data and the Promise of Effective Healthcare - Apr 10, 2015.
We discuss challenges in analyzing text data, Big Data impact on translational bioinformatics, advice, desired skills in data scientists, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Xia Wang, AstraZeneca on Unraveling Patient Treatment Journey by NLP on Clinical Notes - Apr 9, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at AstraZeneca, prominent use cases, how NLP helped understanding patient treatment journey in diabetes, data sources, insights, and more.
- Interview: Bill Moreau, USOC on Empowering World’s Best Athletes through Analytics - Mar 26, 2015.
We discuss how United States Olympic Committee uses Big Data, how athletes respond to Analytical insights, integration of sports medicine into sports performance and sports injury.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Challenges in Transitioning Analytics to Clinical Utility - Mar 10, 2015.
We discuss Analytics use cases, challenges in relating molecular/clinical data to real-life outcomes, Healthcare Analytics trends and more.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Healthcare Transparency & Effectiveness using Big Data - Mar 9, 2015.
We discuss Big Data Analytics at Berg, making Healthcare effective through Big Data, impact of falling cost of DNA sequencing, Berg AI-Analytics Suite and more.
- Interview: Nicholas Marko, Geisinger on the Skills Needed for Healthcare Analytics - Feb 27, 2015.
We discuss challenges of dealing with healthcare data, trends in healthcare analytics, important skills for data scientists and more.
- Interview: Nicholas Marko, Geisinger on Building the Analytics Culture for Healthcare - Feb 26, 2015.
We discuss how to establish credibility of data analytics, recommendations for a data-driven culture, analytics challenges in healthcare and more.
- Interview: Nicholas Marko, Geisinger on the Groundwork for Big Data Success - Feb 25, 2015.
We discuss Big Data & Analytics at Geisinger Health System, CDO challenges, and impact of Big Data on decision making at executive level.
- PAW: How Predictive Analytics Reinvents These Six Industries - Feb 10, 2015.
Predictive analytics is a game-changer - it's like "Moneyball" for... money. This article summarizes and links resources with late-breaking coverage of how predictive analytics reinvents six industries.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n04, Feb 4: Top Big Data Influencers; A Common Mistake with Time Series; Ayasdi - Feb 4, 2015.
Top Big Data Influencers and Brands; K-means clustering is not a free lunch; Avoiding a Common Mistake with Time Series; Ayasdi: Managing Data Complexity through Topology; Big Data Could Revolutionize Healthcare.
- Big Data Could Revolutionize Healthcare. Will We Let it? - Jan 31, 2015.
The power to access and analyze enormous data sets can improve our ability to anticipate and treat illnesses. The benefits for society are just too great, and they won’t be ignored for long.
- Elliot Health System: (Senior) Data Analyst - Jan 17, 2015.
Support clinical analytics, including quality, service, cost, and satisfaction-related measure development, process improvement methods, internal and external program reporting requirements, project planning, and program evaluation.
- Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science, and Big Data key trends, top papers - Jan 9, 2015.
We asked global research leaders in Data Science and Big Data what are the most interesting research papers/advances of 2014 and what are the key trends they see in 2015. Here are their answers.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied - Dec 9, 2014.
CRM/Consumer analytics, Banking, and Health care are the most popular industries, but also joined by new sectors including Oil / Gas / Energy, Automotive, and HR/workforce analytics.
- Big Data accelerates medical research? Or not? - Oct 26, 2014.
Take a look at how big data in healthcare brings big opportunities, but along with those opportunities come great risk if statistics aren't carefully applied to those large datasets.
- Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons - Oct 20, 2014.
We analyze latest Ebola data, examine the recent slowdown in growth of cases in Liberia, and analyze its likely causes. Many problems with data lend themselves to good data science lessons.
- Request: Crowdsourcing Health and Nutrition Tweets - Oct 20, 2014.
Help investigate the relationships between geo-location, age, gender, and nutrition through the medium of Twitter by labeling tweets for this research project.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 8-9: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; Kaggle hero 100-line Python code - Oct 10, 2014.
IBM #Watson presentation: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; A @Kaggle hero 100-line Python code for online logistic regression; The Winner of Kaggle Criteo Data Science on his Odyssey; For Data Viz lovers: Keynote by Tableau CEO Christian Chabot on "Art of Analytics".
- Mirador Open Data Competition - Oct 2, 2014.
This competition wants to get people interested in data-driven hypothesis making by offering a tool that is as intuitive and engaging as possible, while maintaining solid scientific and statistical foundations. Submissions due Oct 28.
- Top stories for Sep 21-27: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 28, 2014.
Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained; Predictive Analytics in Health Care.
- Predictive Analytics in Health Care: Helping to Navigate Uncertainties and Change - Sep 23, 2014.
Predictive analytics can help navigate the many coming changes in US healthcare, including aging population, less money, impact of ACA (Obamacare) - especially on pharmaceutical and medical supplies, the R&D process, investment and new product launches.
- Health Integrated: Healthcare Data Scientist - Sep 18, 2014.
Creating state of the art analytics solutions that can be shared across product lines and managed care businesses.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra: Harness Data and Harvest Value - Sep 4, 2014.
We discuss how to tame Big Data through harnessing data and harvesting value, the top Big Data priorities in Insurance sector, short-term and long-term needs of Healthcare Analytics, and more.
- KDD-2014 report, part 2: The Magic Module network and Privacy vs Big Data - Sep 2, 2014.
Here is part 2 of my report on KDD-2014, the biggest and the best Data Science meeting: The Magic Module genes, Privacy vs Big Data, and should we ask for consent of data subjects?
- Kaggle Epilepsy Seizure Prediction Challenge - Aug 28, 2014.
Create a forecasting system for predicting epileptic seizures in this Kaggle challenge to help improve the lives of epilepsy patients and win prizes. Competition ends on November 17.
- PAW: Don’t Miss Predictive Analytics World for Healthcare - Aug 21, 2014.
PAW Healthcare gathers industry leaders who share case studies and knowledge about predictive analytics making significant impacts in the healthcare industry - KDnuggets readers get a special discount.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 19 and beyond - Aug 18, 2014.
Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Smart Metering, Hadoop, Data Science at the Command Line, Personalized Healthcare, Modern Regression Analysis Techniques, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 12 and beyond - Aug 11, 2014.
Wolfram Experts Live, InfiniDB, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Market Basket and Customer Analysis with Spotfire, Personalized Healthcare, Data Science at the Command Line, and more.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto: Day 2 Highlights - Aug 7, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Aviva, Canadian Imperial Bank, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and University Health Network on day 2 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 6, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from TD Bank, Public Health Ontario and First Nations Education Steering Committee on day 1 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Toronto, Canada.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 5 and beyond - Aug 4, 2014.
Hadoop and Relational DB, Seductiveness of Big Data, SAS to R, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Personalized Healthcare, Data Science at the Command Line, and more.
- UW: Research Scientist Positions - Aug 1, 2014.
Do research and hone your engineering skills in an interdisciplinary environment on projects related to mining biological data, health care analytics, mobile networks, or healthcare big data.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Highlights from Workshops - Jul 31, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from MIT, Georgia Tech, Microsoft Research and CUHK during workshops at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 London: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 31, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Spotify, ING, Quintiles, and Riot Games on day 2 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in London, UK.
- VizRisk: HHS Visualization Challenge to Change Health - Jul 30, 2014.
VizRisk is the first US government prize competition that seeks to use visualizations of behavioral health data to inform personal and policy decisions.
- PAW: The Predictive Analytics World, Gov, Boston, Health - Jul 28, 2014.
This fall, Predictive Analytics World (PAW) produces three top-rated conferences for analytics professionals, managers, and practitioners who want to learn how to get maximum impact from predictive analytics in their field. KDnuggets discount.
- Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 Philadelphia: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 25, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Healthcare Analytics leaders from Cigna, National Parkinson Foundation, Quintiles and NYU Langone Medical Center on day 2 of Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 in Philadelphia.
- Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 Philadelphia: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 24, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Healthcare Analytics leaders from GlaxoSmithKline, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Adventist Health and Mayo Clinic on day 1 of Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 in Philadelphia.
- Interview: Piero Ferrante, BCBS on Why Healthcare is Rich in Data but Poor in Information - Jul 17, 2014.
We discuss role of analytics in healthcare payer firms, major challenges in leveraging healthcare data, shift to value-based payments, personal motivation towards analytics, career advice and more.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World Healthcare, Oct 6-7, Boston - Jul 15, 2014.
To learn more about healthcare analytics, join us at Predictive Analytics World for Healthcare in Boston, and be sure to use special KDnuggets discount.
- Exclusive: Dave Marvit, Innovation Strategy Consultant, Fujitsu on Modern Sentiment Analysis using Ubiquitous Continuous Sensing - Jun 30, 2014.
We discuss traditional sentiment analysis vs. modern sentiment analysis, role of data science in Human Centric Intelligent Society, mainstream adoption of bio sensors and opportunities created by Big Data from ubiquitous continuous sensing.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 27-29: Google says Hadoop era is over - Jun 30, 2014.
Google says #Hadoop era is over, Google Cloud Dataflow can do much more; Machine learning, data mining, predictive analysis, and advanced analytics ~ same; Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist? ; Larry Page: "if we data mined health care data, we could save 100K lives next year".
- Best Practice Partners: Principal Consultant, Healthcare Economics - May 16, 2014.
Lead the development of the client healthcare economics and risk adjustment services to assist in validating and ensuring compliance and accuracy of high-risk clinical profiles.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Quintiles on Future of Heathcare and Big Data Skills - May 16, 2014.
We discuss how Big Data is shaping the future of Healthcare industry and advice for career in Analytics.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Director of Data Science, Quintiles on Big Data for Healthcare - May 15, 2014.
We discuss the rising medical costs, how can Big Data help, key features of Quintiles Inforsario and Topological Data Analysis.
- Healthcare Analytics: Identifying Leaders and Key Trends - May 12, 2014.
We review recently released report on Healthcare perceptions towards BI/Analytics and share key insights into who is leading healthcare analytics in different categories and what are the key dominant trends.
- Interview: Xinghua Lou (Microsoft) on Mining Clinical Notes and Big Data in Healthcare - May 7, 2014.
We discuss data mining of cancer clinical data, LDA topic model, challenges in mining clinical notes, big data in healthcare and more.
- Data Mining Medicare Data – What Can We Find? - Apr 24, 2014.
Medicare released detailed reimbursement data for 2012: $77 billion paid to more than 880,000 health care providers, by doctor and procedure.We take an initial look and find large variances and potential indicators of fraud.
- Best Practice Partners: Principal Consultant, Clinical Innovations and Physician Engagement - Apr 16, 2014.
Lead the development and delivery of the client company clinical quality improvement and provider engagement services to assist clients in validating and ensuring improved outcomes.
- Cerner: Data Scientist - Apr 1, 2014.
Work on the cutting edge of Big Data, develop critical mathematical-model-based embedded systems that drive high-value business actions for our health industry clients.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 10-11: Deep Learning overview, free book; Best machine learning interview questions - Mar 12, 2014.
Deep Learning: Methods and Application, free book from Microsoft; Best interview questions to evaluate a machine learning researcher; Good list of Machine Learning Libraries in Python: scikit-learn, pandas, Theano, NLTK.
- Best Practice Partners: Data Scientist - Mar 4, 2014.
Help fix fundamental problems in the healthcare industry, leverage proprietary health care and claims data to create huge financial and societal benefit.
- January Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Companies and Startups Activity - Feb 3, 2014.
January 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DeepMind, Avigilon, TaKaDu, Nest, Path, FirstFuel, API Healthcare, Kana Software, ImgUR, IMS Health.
- IEEE Rock Stars of Big Data Presentations - Jan 7, 2014.
This event, held at the Computer History Museum in Oct 2013, attracted a sold-out crowd who listened to 9 excellent speakers and leaders in the field - here are the presentations.