Machine Learning (1965)
- KDnuggets 14:n06, How Many Data Scientists? Crossing the Chasm and Big Data; Trifacta vs Paxata - Mar 19, 2014.
Latest analytics, data mining, and data science news, including How Many Data Scientists are out there, exclusive interviews with Geoffrey Moore (Crossing the Chasm), Paco Nathan (Apache Mesos and Big Data Math), and Quentin Clark (Power of BI), and LIONbook completed.
- Machine Learning in 7 Pictures - Mar 18, 2014.
Basic machine learning concepts of Bias vs Variance Tradeoff, Avoiding overfitting, Bayesian inference and Occam razor, Feature combination, Non-linear basis functions, and more - explained via pictures.
- Top stories for Mar 9-15: How Many Data Scientists? - Mar 16, 2014.
How Many Data Scientists are out there? LIONbook: Machine Learning + Intelligent Optimization - completed, free personal download; Boston AnalyticsWeek: Big Data and Analytics Unconference, March 24-28; Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 12-13: Machine learning explained in 10 pictures; Tutorial: Using Google BigQuery - Mar 14, 2014.
Machine learning explained in 10 pictures. The most important: Bias vs Variance; A Tutorial example: Using Google BigQuery with R; Visualizing Google Analytics Data With R; Exploratory Data Analysis on Udacity: Investigate, Visualize, and Summarize Data Using R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 10-11: Deep Learning overview, free book; Best machine learning interview questions - Mar 12, 2014.
Deep Learning: Methods and Application, free book from Microsoft; Best interview questions to evaluate a machine learning researcher; Good list of Machine Learning Libraries in Python: scikit-learn, pandas, Theano, NLTK.
- LIONbook: Machine Learning + Intelligent Optimization – completed, free personal download - Mar 11, 2014.
This book combines two usually separated topics: machine learning and intelligent optimization, and does it with enough technical details to satisfy professionals, but also with concrete examples, vivid images, and fun. Buy a low-cost paperback or ebook (Kindle), or download a free PDF.
- etcML Promises to Make Text Classification Easy - Mar 5, 2014.
etcML is a new and free tool that allows even novice user use the power of machine learning and text classification.
- Webinar: Building Predictive Apps with BigML API, March 11 - Mar 4, 2014.
BigML interface makes machine learning easy to use, the underlying API provides the same functionality enabling data scientists to quickly implement many machine learning and predictive applications. Learn more on March 11.
- Microsoft: Data Scientist - Feb 28, 2014.
Join a fast paced data science team in the Microsoft Cloud + Enterprise organization building machine learning powered intelligent web services.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 24-25: Applied R for the Social Scientist, free book; Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning - Feb 27, 2014.
Applied R for the Quantitative Social Scientist - a free 100 page ebook! Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning; MIT TR 50 Smartest Companies has many #BigData companies; Wolfram releases demo of breakthrough knowledge-based language.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 21-23: Vincent Granville salary history, career path; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs - Feb 24, 2014.
Data Science Central founder Vincent Granville shares his salary history, career path; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs ; Qualitative Analytics: Why numbers do not tell the complete story? ; Leading US researcher Tom Mitchell deep insights on Machine Learning
- Uni-Weimar: Research positions in Big data analytics, IR, machine learning - Feb 15, 2014.
The Web Technology and Information Systems Group has several positions for PhDs and Postdocs to help research in Big data analytics, information mining and retrieval, machine learning, natural language processing, and information extraction.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 5-6: A Deep Learning expert wins Dogs vs Cats competition; An alternative to R and Python: Julia - Feb 7, 2014.
A Deep Learning expert wins Dogs vs Cats competition with an almost perfect result; An alternative to R and #Python: Julia; Spark is a hot trend in #BigData but what is it exactly? Here is a explanation; etcML - Free Text-Analysis Tool - Machine Learning as a Service.
- Feedzai: Data Scientist - Jan 17, 2014.
Feedzai is a startup with offices in Portugal and Silicon Valley working in online fraud prevention and digital payments, looking for Machine Learning Research Engineers and Data Scientists.
- Webcast: BigML Programmatic Machine Learning Made Easy, Jan 28 - Jan 9, 2014.
BigML Winter release offers enhanced performance and many new features for quickly building powerful predictive models, applications and services. Learn more on Jan 28 and get a 25% discount.
Results Pages:«‹‹ Previous13141516