- RWTH Aachen University: 18 Process Mining Jobs (11 PhDs, 5 PostDocs, and 2 Software Engineers) - Oct 24, 2017.
The Process and Data Science (PADS) group, headed by Prof. Wil van der Aalst, is a new research group at RWTH focusing on the interplay between processes and data. The group currently offers 18 Research Assistant / Research Associate positions in Process Mining: 11 PhD, 5 PostDoc, and 2 Software Engineer positions.
- Interview: Michael Li, Data Incubator on Data-driven Hiring for Data Scientists - Apr 20, 2015.
We discuss the launch of the Data Incubator, its business model, why we need data-driven hiring, selection process for the incubator program and alumni feedback.
- 2015 SIGKDD Data Science/Data Mining PhD Dissertation Award – Nominations due Apr 30 - Mar 21, 2015.
This annual award by ACM SIGKDD seeks to recognize outstanding research by doctoral candidates in the field of data mining, data science, and knowledge discovery. Nominations due Apr 30.
- Juergen Schmidhuber AMA: The Principles of Intelligence and Machine Learning - Mar 9, 2015.
Jürgen Schmidhuber, pioneer in innovating Deep Neural Networks, answers questions on open code, general problem solvers, quantum computing, PhD students, online courses, and the neural network research community in this Reddit AMA.
- U. Antwerpen: PhD Position, Data mining for tax fraud detection - Jul 18, 2014.
Develop new fraud detection techniques for historical data to help combat tax fraud in this PhD position at U. Antwerpen. Apply by August 10th, 2014.
- Idiap/EPFL: PhD and Internship Positions in Social Computing - Apr 24, 2014.
The Social Computing Research Group at Idiap/EPFL has 3 PhD positions and several internship positions to help research in social media, ubiquitous computing, and computational social science.
- INRIA: PhD position, Learning with non-stationary data - Feb 19, 2014.
Learning with non-stationary data - application to collaborative filtering and link prediction between name entities in knowledge bases like freebase.
- Uni-Weimar: Research positions in Big data analytics, IR, machine learning - Feb 15, 2014.
The Web Technology and Information Systems Group has several positions for PhDs and Postdocs to help research in Big data analytics, information mining and retrieval, machine learning, natural language processing, and information extraction.