- Four Major Predictions for Predictive Analytics and Big Data in 2016 - Feb 2, 2016.
2016 will usher in some unmissable results of the Information Age’s latest contribution, the more effective execution of major operations across sectors with predictive analytics.
- Data Analytics Boosting Digital Engagement at Australian Open 2016 - Jan 25, 2016.
Advanced analytics and visualization is enhancing fan experience and operational excellence at Australian Open 2016
- Kickstart Your Data Initiatives in 2016 – KDnuggets discount - Jan 18, 2016.
The Apache Hadoop, Predictive Analytics and Data Science Innovation Summits will be in San Diego, Feb 18-19. Get 20% off all two-day passes with code KD20.
- Free audiobook – Revised & Updated “Predictive Analytics” - Jan 12, 2016.
Get the Revised and Updated Edition of Eric Siegel’s acclaimed Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die. Free audiobook with order,
- The Case Against Quick Wins in Predictive Analytics Projects - Jan 6, 2016.
While “quick wins” are desirable, getting them in a predictive project can be difficult. We review 2 major obstacles to quick wins in predictive analytics projects.
- Kanri Distance approach for translating Predictive Models to Actions - Dec 24, 2015.
Kanri proprietary combination of patented statistical and process methods provides a uniquely powerful and insightful ability to evaluate large data sets with multiple variables.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Northwestern Online Master of Science in Predictive Analytics - Dec 10, 2015.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership career, and learn from top faculty and industry experts. Spring application deadline Jan 15.
- Predictive Analytics + Hadoop = Business Impact, Dec 15 Webinar - Dec 4, 2015.
Learn how to use Predictive Analytics and Hadoop to Turn the Promise of Big Data into Business Impact in this webinar with RapidMiner Founder and CTO Ingo Mierswa and leading Gartner Analyst Merv Adrian.
- H2O World 2015 – Day 3 Highlights - Nov 20, 2015.
Highlights from talks delivered by machine learning experts from Fast Forward Labs, H20.ai, Kaiser and Macy's at H2O World held in Mountain View.
Pages: 1 2
- H2O World 2015 – Day 2 Highlights - Nov 19, 2015.
Highlights from talks delivered by machine learning experts from H20.ai, Jawbone, Stanford, Quora & PayPal at H2O World held in Mountain View.
Pages: 1 2
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago, Nov 11-12 - Oct 19, 2015.
Join the industry leading analytics executives and learn from keynotes, workshops and panels sessions from dynamic organizations - save with code KD200 for one week only.
- Predictive Analytics – a Soup Story - Sep 1, 2015.
CRISP-DM is most popular methodology for analytics, data mining, and data science projects. Learn how to cook CRISP-DM recipe in five simple steps.
- Predictive Analytics as an Engine Of R&D and New Product Launches - Aug 12, 2015.
Predictive analytics is not only the way to discover the underlying patterns, but it can also help you with innovation. Here, we discuss the ways to innovate by combining it with business logic, marketing and bridging demand supply factors.
- Can Deep Learning Help you Find the Perfect Girl? – Part 2 - Jul 13, 2015.
Using Deep Learning to find the perfect match, PhD student Harm de Vries describes the process of data collection and analysis. Finally, the results from matching algorithm are compared to human assessment for identifying an individual's dating preferences.
- Hotlist of Training resources for Predictive Analytics - Jul 13, 2015.
A hotlist of training resources for Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, R, Python, SAS, and Excel, including MOOCs, blogs, meetups, courses, videos, and more.
- Can deep learning help find the perfect date? - Jul 10, 2015.
When a Machine Learning PhD student at University of Montreal starts using Tinder, he soon realises that something is missing in the dating app - the ability to predict to which girls he is attracted. Harm de Vries applies Deep Learning to assist in the pursuit of the perfect match.
- 10 reasons why I love data and analytics - Jun 22, 2015.
As data science getting more and more traction in all the major industries. So, in this new, exciting and challenging field there are lots of opportunities. Here are few reasons why you should be a part of this.
- Love, Sex and Predictive Analytics - Jun 4, 2015.
Here, we are trying to understand the working mechanisms of dating sites, algorithms used and role of predictive analytics while matchmaking. We have also gleaned some interesting analytical insights from them.
- Interview: Hobson Lane, SHARP Labs on the Beauty of Simplicity in Analytics - May 13, 2015.
We discuss Predictive Analytics projects at Sharp Labs of America, common myths, value of simplicity, tools and technologies, and notorious data quality issues.
- Basketball Predictive Analytics: Will he take the shot? - May 5, 2015.
Sports analytics has reached a new level - now researchers can predict whether and from where a basketball player will take shot, Check a fun online app that lets you play with predictions.
- Interview: Mario Vinasco, Facebook on Advancing Marketing Analytics through Rigorous Experimentation - Apr 27, 2015.
We discuss marketing analytics at Facebook, multi-channel performance assessment, success factors, lessons from Look Back feature, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Ksenija Draskovic, Verizon on Dissecting the Anatomy of Predictive Analytics Projects - Apr 15, 2015.
We discuss Predictive Analytics use cases at Verizon Wireless, advantages of a unified data view, model selection and common causes of failure.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n11, Apr 15: Big Data Predictive Analytics Gainers & Losers; Awesome Public Datasets - Apr 15, 2015.
Awesome Public Datasets on GitHub; Gold Mine or Blind Alley? Functional Programming for Machine Learning; Inside Deep Learning - Convolutional networks; KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Hadoop World London.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, San Diego: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 8, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from eBay, LinkedIn and Facebook on day 2 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Diego.
Pages: 1 2
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, San Diego: Day 1 Highlights - Apr 7, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from The Data Incubator, Tamr, Sony and Facebook on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Diego.
- Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics 2015: Gainers and Losers - Apr 3, 2015.
IBM, SAS, and SAP lead in Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions for Q2, 2015. We compare with a previous Forrester Wave for 2013 and examine gainers and losers.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Satyam Priyadarshy, Halliburton on Unlocking Success for Big Data Projects - Mar 31, 2015.
We discuss Predictive Analytics in Oil & Gas industry, Big Data analytics, key drivers of success,common reasons of failure, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: Bill Moreau, USOC on Evidence-based Medicine to Reduce Sports Injuries - Mar 27, 2015.
We discuss the success of Analytics in predicting sports injuries, recent progress in concussion management and the trends in data-driven evidence-based sports medicine.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n08, Mar 11: 7 common Machine Learning mistakes; Statistical Reasoning - Mar 11, 2015.
7 common mistakes when doing Machine Learning; 10 Predictive Analytics Influencers; Kaiser Fung on Why Statistical Reasoning is more important than Number Crunching; The Elements of Data Analytic Style - checklist; KDD-2017.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Mar 10, 2015.
Prepare for leadership-level career opportunities, learn from distinguished Northwestern faculty and industry experts, build statistical and analytic expertise. Application deadline Apr 15.
- 10 Predictive Analytics Influencers You Need to Know - Mar 5, 2015.
A list of Predictive Analytics Influencers based on Twitter activity around “#PredictiveAnalytics” and “Predictive Analytics”: Gregory Piatetsky, Vineet Vashishta, Aki Kakko and more.
- The Internet of People: 4 key principles for analyzing personal data - Feb 27, 2015.
The “Internet of People” raises a host of legal and ethical questions about the ownership and use of our personal data. We all have a stake in joining and navigating this increasingly stormy debate. Here are 4 key principles.
- Interview: Phani Nagarjuna, Nuevora on Right Data and Business Analytics Roadmap - Feb 10, 2015.
We discuss the journey of Business Analytics, definition of Right Data, competitive differentiation of Nuevora, challenges in the large-scale consumerization of analytics, and more.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago – Day 2 Highlights - Jan 9, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Time Warner Cable, AT&T and Verizon on day 2 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago – Day 1 Highlights - Jan 6, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Netflix, LinkedIn and Mashable on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Analytics: Five Rules to Cut Through the Hype - Jan 1, 2015.
Cut through the analytics hype by asking the right questions, discerning between value-add analytics, considering in and out of house solutions, forming an iterative analytics process, and making sure your organization uses it.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Dec 2, 2014.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership-level career opportunities, and learn from distinguished Northwestern faculty with Online MS in Predictive Analytics.
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on Azure ML and the Emerging Data Science Economy - Nov 19, 2014.
We discuss what distinguishes Azure ML from its intense competition, the online machine learning university, current maturity level of Big Data solutions, important skills for data scientists and more.
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on How Azure ML is Simplifying Predictive Analytics - Nov 18, 2014.
Microsoft Corporate VP of Machine Learning, Joseph Sirosh talks about the recently released Azure ML, users’ feedback, favorite business use cases, how Azure ML fits in the Microsoft’s portfolio for Big Data solutions and more.
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago, Nov 12-13 - Oct 9, 2014.
Join other data scientists and decision-makers to learn about practical Predictive Analytics from top companies like Amazon, Intel, Twitter, Verizon, and many others. KDnuggets discount.
- Automotive Customer Churn Prediction Results, part 2 - Sep 29, 2014.
Learn how to apply neural networks and self-organizing maps to visualize the macroscopic relationships between clients and the maintenance evolution of cars over the years.
- Automotive Customer Churn Prediction using SVM and SOM - Sep 27, 2014.
A Case Study of predicting customer churn using Life Time Cycle approach and advanced machine learning methods including SVM and Self-Organizing Mapping.
- Predictive Analytics Using Oracle Data Miner - Sep 24, 2014.
Learn about basic data mining concepts and how to apply data mining techniques to your data using Oracle SQL and Data Miner tools in this new book.
- Predictive Analytics in Health Care: Helping to Navigate Uncertainties and Change - Sep 23, 2014.
Predictive analytics can help navigate the many coming changes in US healthcare, including aging population, less money, impact of ACA (Obamacare) - especially on pharmaceutical and medical supplies, the R&D process, investment and new product launches.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra: Harness Data and Harvest Value - Sep 4, 2014.
We discuss how to tame Big Data through harnessing data and harvesting value, the top Big Data priorities in Insurance sector, short-term and long-term needs of Healthcare Analytics, and more.
- Northwestern Online Master of Science in Predictive Analytics - Sep 4, 2014.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership-level career, learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts, and build analytic expertise.
- Interview: Pallas Horwitz, Blue Shell Games on Why Gaming Analytics is Not a Piece of Cake - Aug 15, 2014.
We discuss the challenges of gaming analytics, most desired missing data, current trends, career advice, important soft skills in data science and more.
- Top stories for Jul 27 – Aug 2: What does Big Data tell us about Romance - Aug 3, 2014.
Interview: Thomas Levi, PlentyOfFish on what does Big Data tell us about Romance and how online dating is improving matching through Big Data; Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 London: Day 1 Highlights; Probabilistic Approaches to Recommendations.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 London: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 31, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Spotify, ING, Quintiles, and Riot Games on day 2 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in London, UK.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 London: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 29, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from eBay, Skype, Yahoo and AbsolutData on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in London, UK.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Jul 29, 2014.
Prepare for leadership-level career, learn from distinguished Northwestern faculty and industry experts, build statistical and analytic expertise, and get MS degree entirely online.
- Manufacturing Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 14, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Analytics leaders from McCormick, HP, Patheon and Boeing on day 1 of Manufacturing Analytics Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 9, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Business Analytics leaders from Bank of America, Northern Trust, AOL and Liberty Mutual on day 1 of Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Moving from Data-Rich to Decision-Smart: INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 - Jun 10, 2014.
We interview the co-chairs of INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 (June 22-24, 2014) on Big Data maturity, opportunities assessment, analytics for operations research, conference agenda and more.
- Data Science Last Mile - Jun 6, 2014.
This post discusses the Data Science "Last Mile", the final work to take the discovered insights and deliver them a highly usable format or integrate into a specific application.
- Preparing Industry for the Upcoming Data Deluge: PAW-Manufacturing 2014 - May 30, 2014.
Predictive analytics will become more powerful in industry as the data that computers collect and analyze in consumer and manufacturing contexts becomes more numerous.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Big Data in Astrophysics and Correlation vs. Causality - May 30, 2014.
We discuss how to build the best data models, significance of correlation and causality in Predictive Analytics, and impact of Big Data on Astrophysics.
- Interview: Martin Hack, CEO, Skytree on Industrializing Machine Learning for Big Data - May 26, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Skytree, product strategy, complimentary consulting programs, recent trends, and current expectations from Machine Learning.
- Big Data for Executives 2014: Day 1 Highlights - May 23, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data experts from Sears Holdings, PWC, Oracle, Altamira, Tesora on Day 1 of Big Data for Executives 2014.
- Has Predictive Analytics Crossed The Chasm? - May 15, 2014.
Recent study highlights the increasing market perception that Predictive Analytics leads to competitive advantage. The report also outlines current trends and challenges for Predictive Analytics.
- Did Target Really Predict a Teen’s Pregnancy? The Inside Story - May 7, 2014.
We examine the origin and the facts behind this explosive story, the importance of headlines, and how unsubstantiated assumptions gain traction and mainstream attention and help create myths around Predictive Analytics.
- Top stories for Mar 16-22: Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; How Many Data Scientists are out there? - Mar 23, 2014.
Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; How Many Data Scientists are out there? Predictive Analytics Marketplaces; Data Scientist Salary Survey; How Deep Learning Analytics Mimic the Mind.
- Predictive Analytics Marketplaces: Viable Solution to the Data Scientist Shortage Crisis? - Mar 18, 2014.
We examine strengths and weaknesses of several approaches for alleviating the shortage of data scientists.
- Why Predictive Analytics Marketplaces are not taking off, and how to fix it - Mar 1, 2014.
Three main hurdles holding back Predictive Analytics Marketplaces are a highly fragmented data mining tools market, limited support for customization, and lack of commitment. We examine how to overcome them.
- Viewpoint: How analytics will drive the future - Feb 10, 2014.
The president of Verisk Innovative Analytics explains the paradigm shift from company-centric to customer-centric and the role of big data and bigger analytics.
- Feb-May 2014 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Feb 3, 2014.
Upcoming meetings include Strata Santa Clara, Data Science/Hadoop/Predictive Analytics Innovation Summits, PAW San Francisco, WSDM-2014, iKDD in India, Open Analytics Chicago, BigData Techcon, INFORMS Boston, and much more.