- How is my county doing? Benchmarking 3,143 US counties - Oct 26, 2016.
Could you have imagined a few years back how open data could be useful to get the insights about your county? Its changes, population, health, crime, education and many other aspects? How are other counties doing compared to yours? This article presents just such a benchmarking case study of US counties.
- Avoiding Tunnel Vision in Peer Comparisons - Nov 12, 2015.
Comparing yourself to peers (benchmarking) lets you understand how you’re doing and identify performance gaps. Benchmarking is widespread but frequently misses useful and actionable insights. The proposed approach helps avoid the tunnel vision in benchmarking.
- OnlyBoth MLB Baseball Knowledge Discovery Application - Jul 15, 2014.
Baseball fans and machine learning enthusiasts can now find interesting insights about any player in baseball history using OnlyBoth Baseball - a free web and mobile app.
- KDnuggets 14:n14, KDnuggets Analytics/Data Mining Poll Results; First Law of Data Science - Jun 10, 2014.
Also Datafication, US Open Data Plan, Kirk D. Borne, Raul Valdez-Perez and more interesting Interviews and Opinions, Analytics/Data mining Features, Software, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Exclusive: Raul Valdes-Perez on OnlyBoth, Scientific Discovery, Advice for Winners - Jun 5, 2014.
Our exclusive interview covers OnlyBoth and Vivisimo startups, Scientific Discovery, legendary Herbert A. Simon, venture capital, Big Data, advice for winners, and more.
- OnlyBoth Startup is like IBM Watson in Reverse - May 24, 2014.
OnlyBoth startup from Vivisimo co-founder Raul Valdes-Perez is like IBM Watson in reverse - it discovers new insights in data and writes them in English.