- Data for Humanity – Open Letter - Feb 4, 2017.
The letter, signed by many leading computer experts, calls for 5 ethical principles when using data: Do no harm, help create peaceful coexistence, help vulnerable people, preserve and improve natural environment, and help create a fair world without discrimination.
- Interviews with Data Scientists: Claudia Perlich - Dec 2, 2016.
In this wide-ranging interview, Roberto Zicari talks to a leading Data Scientist Claudia Perlich about what they must know about Machine Learning and evaluation, domain knowledge, data blending, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data for Social Good: UC Berkeley and Geisinger Health Collider Project - Oct 17, 2015.
The Geisinger Health Collider Project gives participating students first-hand experience with various techniques, ideas, and challenges stemming from clinical informatics by using real clinical data to address impactful problems in healthcare.
- Data for Humanity: A Request for Support - Jul 25, 2015.
The goal of this initiative is to bring people and institutions together who share the motivation to use Data for Common Good / human well-being. Join many other notable signatories.
- Zicari: Big Data: A Data-Driven Society - Dec 6, 2014.
Roberto Zicari talk at Stanford reviews how Big Data is enabling a data-driven economy, examines 3 Big Data research challenges, and makes a case for Big Data for Social Good.