- Top stories for Aug 3-9: Cartoon: Big Data Viz and 7-D Printer; Exclusive: Dell on Data Mining, Statistica future - Aug 10, 2014.
Cartoon: Big Data Visualization and 7-D Printer; Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics, Data Mining, Statistica future; Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto highlights.
- Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics, Data Mining, Statistica future - Aug 4, 2014.
In March, Dell bought StatSoft, a maker of popular Statistica platform for data analysis. I recently talked with Dell management about the acquisition, role of Statistica in Dell, and Dell plans for Analytics, Big Data, and Data Mining.
- March Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Apr 8, 2014.
March 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Vizify, Echo Nest, Coinalytics, VoltDB, Platfora, Dell buys Statsoft, Vicarious, RelateIQ, Cloudera.
- Top stories for Mar 23-29 - Mar 30, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Poll: US, Canada, Australia lead; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? New Book: Practical Data Science with R; Test your numbersense.
- Dell Buys Statsoft to Fill a Data-Mining Void - Mar 24, 2014.
Dell buys StatSoft, a major provider of statistical, data mining, and text analytics software. Is it filling an important void to help Dell become more of a software company, or an uninspired acquisition?
- Exclusive: Cognitive Mining, Data Mining, and Statsoft – part 2 - Nov 28, 2013.
Cognitive Mining and Data Mining, data scientists mission, Big Data, privacy, and advice for beginning data scientists - Part 2 of the KDnuggets exclusive interview with StatSoft VP Dr. Thomas Hill