Topic: Data Scientist
This page features most recent and most popular posts on Data Scientists.
Latest posts on Data Scientist
- 11 Best Companies to Work for as a Data Scientist - Dec 30, 2021This list of best data science companies aims to go beyond the usual and expected. Some great and perhaps underrated options to get a job as a data scientist.
- Three R Libraries Every Data Scientist Should Know (Even if You Use Python) - Dec 20, 2021Check out these powerful R libraries built by the world’s biggest tech companies.
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist - Dec 17, 2021I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- How I 14Xed my salary in 14 years as a data analytics/science professional - Dec 16, 2021Learn how one data scientist increased their full-time job salary 14 times in 14 years of a career, with highlights on experiencing an IPO, RSUs, start-ups and working at FAANG companies.
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 15, 2021Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
Most popular (badge-winning) recent posts on Data Scientist
- Three R Libraries Every Data Scientist Should Know (Even if You Use Python) [Silver Blog]Check out these powerful R libraries built by the world’s biggest tech companies.
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist [Silver Blog]I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist [Gold Blog]Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science [Silver Blog]How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
- Building a solid data team [Platinum Blog]How do you put together a solid data science team when it comes to developing data-driven products? A variety of roles are available to consider, so which ones do you need and which are most crucial?
- Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists [Platinum Blog]The hiring run for data scientists continues along at a strong clip around the world. But, there are other emerging roles that are demonstrating key value to organizations that you should consider based on your existing or desired skill sets.
- Data Scientist Career Path from Novice to First Job [Silver Blog]If you are beginning your data science journey, then you must be prepared to plan it out as a step-by-step process that will guide you from being a total newbie to getting your first job as a data scientist. These tips and educational resources should be useful for you and add confidence as you take that first big step.
- Salary Breakdown of the Top Data Science Jobs [Gold Blog]Machine Learning vs NLP vs Data Engineer vs Data Scientist, and what it means to be in each role.
- A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs [Silver Blog]The field of data science is growing into one that features a variety of job titles This guide reviews different positions available for you to consider if you have a data science background.
- Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary [Gold Blog]What are the differences between these two popular tech roles?
- 8 Must-Have Git Commands for Data Scientists [Silver Blog]Git is a must-have skill for data scientists. Maintaining your development work within a version control system is absolutely necessary to have a collaborative and productive working environment with your colleagues. This guide will quickly start you off in the right direction for contributing to an existing project at your organization.
- How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree [Silver Blog]Breaking into data science as a professional does require technical skills, a well-honed knack for problem-solving, and a willingness to swim in oceans of data. Maybe you are coming in as a career change or ready to take a new learning path in life--without having previously earned an advanced degree in a STEM field. Follow these tips to find your way into this high-demand and interesting field.
- Data Scientists Without Data Engineering Skills Will Face the Harsh Truth [Gold Blog]Although the role of the data scientist is still evolving, data remains at its core. Setting the right expectations for what you will do as a data scientist is important, and, to be sure, knowing the tools of data engineering will get yourself ready for the real world.
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
- The Difference Between Data Scientists and ML Engineers [Platinum Blog]What's the difference? Responsibilities, expertise, and salary expectations.
- How To Become A Freelance Data Scientist – 4 Practical Tips [Silver Blog]If you are a nerd-ish data scientist who wants to start working as an independent (remote) freelance data scientist, then these four practical tips can help you transition from the traditional 9-to-5 job to a dynamic experience as a remote contractor, just as the author did three years ago.
- Relax! Data Scientists will not go extinct in 10 years, but the role will change [Platinum Blog]About 70% of KDnuggets readers think that the demand for Data Scientists will increase, and 50% think it will increase significantly. At the same time, over 90% think the role of Data Scientist will change. What will the Data Scientist role be in 10 years?
- A Learning Path To Becoming a Data Scientist [Gold Blog]Becoming a professional data scientist may not be as easy as "1... 2... 3...", but these 10 steps can be your self-learning roadmap to kickstarting your future in the exciting and ever-expanding field of data science.
- Data Scientists and ML Engineers Are Luxury Employees [Silver Blog]Maybe it seems that everyone wants to become a data scientist and every organization wants to hire one as quickly as possible. However, a mismatch often exists between what companies tend to need and what ML practitioners want to do. So, it's time for the field to take another step toward maturity through an enhanced appreciation of the broad range of technical foundations for an organization to become data-driven.
- 5 Lessons McKinsey Taught Me That Will Make You a Better Data Scientist [Gold Blog]How to stand out from your peers in the data world.
- What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years? Will Data Scientists be extinct? [Gold Blog]Participate in the latest KDnuggets survey and share your opinion: what does the next decade have in store for data scientist demand?