Topic: Data Scientist
This page features most recent and most popular posts on Data Scientists.
Latest posts on Data Scientist
- How Data Scientists Can Compete in the Global Job Market - Sep 24, 2021Data scientists wanting to stay competitive or break into the field will need the right approach. These techniques will help them search for and secure a new position.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n36, Sep 22: The Machine & Deep Learning Compendium Open Book; Easy SQL in Native Python - Sep 22, 2021The Machine & Deep Learning Compendium Open Book; Easy SQL in Native Python; Introduction to Automated Machine Learning; How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree; What Is The Real Difference Between Data Engineers and Data Scientists?
- How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree - Sep 20, 2021Breaking into data science as a professional does require technical skills, a well-honed knack for problem-solving, and a willingness to swim in oceans of data. Maybe you are coming in as a career change or ready to take a new learning path in life--without having previously earned an advanced degree in a STEM field. Follow these tips to find your way into this high-demand and interesting field.
- What Is The Real Difference Between Data Engineers and Data Scientists? - Sep 16, 2021To launch your data career, you’ll need both theoretical knowledge and applied skills. Bootcamp programs like Springboard’s Data Science Career Track and Data Engineering Career Track can help make you job-ready through hands-on, project-based learning and one-on-one mentorship. Wondering which data career path is right for you? Read on to find out.
- Data Scientists Without Data Engineering Skills Will Face the Harsh Truth - Sep 14, 2021Although the role of the data scientist is still evolving, data remains at its core. Setting the right expectations for what you will do as a data scientist is important, and, to be sure, knowing the tools of data engineering will get yourself ready for the real world.
Most popular (badge-winning) recent posts on Data Scientist
- How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree [Silver Blog]Breaking into data science as a professional does require technical skills, a well-honed knack for problem-solving, and a willingness to swim in oceans of data. Maybe you are coming in as a career change or ready to take a new learning path in life--without having previously earned an advanced degree in a STEM field. Follow these tips to find your way into this high-demand and interesting field.
- Data Scientists Without Data Engineering Skills Will Face the Harsh Truth [Gold Blog]Although the role of the data scientist is still evolving, data remains at its core. Setting the right expectations for what you will do as a data scientist is important, and, to be sure, knowing the tools of data engineering will get yourself ready for the real world.
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
- The Difference Between Data Scientists and ML Engineers [Platinum Blog]What's the difference? Responsibilities, expertise, and salary expectations.
- How To Become A Freelance Data Scientist – 4 Practical Tips [Silver Blog]If you are a nerd-ish data scientist who wants to start working as an independent (remote) freelance data scientist, then these four practical tips can help you transition from the traditional 9-to-5 job to a dynamic experience as a remote contractor, just as the author did three years ago.
- Relax! Data Scientists will not go extinct in 10 years, but the role will change [Platinum Blog]About 70% of KDnuggets readers think that the demand for Data Scientists will increase, and 50% think it will increase significantly. At the same time, over 90% think the role of Data Scientist will change. What will the Data Scientist role be in 10 years?
- A Learning Path To Becoming a Data Scientist [Gold Blog]Becoming a professional data scientist may not be as easy as "1... 2... 3...", but these 10 steps can be your self-learning roadmap to kickstarting your future in the exciting and ever-expanding field of data science.
- Data Scientists and ML Engineers Are Luxury Employees [Platinum Blog]Maybe it seems that everyone wants to become a data scientist and every organization wants to hire one as quickly as possible. However, a mismatch often exists between what companies tend to need and what ML practitioners want to do. So, it's time for the field to take another step toward maturity through an enhanced appreciation of the broad range of technical foundations for an organization to become data-driven.
- 5 Lessons McKinsey Taught Me That Will Make You a Better Data Scientist [Gold Blog]How to stand out from your peers in the data world.
- Managing Your Reusable Python Code as a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]Here are a few approaches that I have settled on for managing my own reusable Python code as a data scientist, presented from most to least general code use, and aimed at beginners.
- What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years? Will Data Scientists be extinct? [Gold Blog]Participate in the latest KDnuggets survey and share your opinion: what does the next decade have in store for data scientist demand?
- Pandas vs SQL: When Data Scientists Should Use Each Tool [Gold Blog]Exploring data sets and understanding its structure, content, and relationships is a routine and core process for any Data Scientist. Multiple tools exist for performing such analysis, and we take a deep dive into the benefits and different approaches of two important tools, SQL and Pandas.
- Data Scientists Will be Extinct in 10 Years [Platinum Blog]And why it’s not a bad thing.
- Will There Be a Shortage of Data Science Jobs in the Next 5 Years? [Gold Blog]The data science workflow is getting automated day by day.
- A Guide On How To Become A Data Scientist (Step By Step Approach) [Platinum Blog]Becoming a Data Scientists is an exciting path, but you cannot learn data science within one year or six months—instead, it’s a lifetime process that you have to follow with proper dedication and hard work. To guide your journey, the skills outlined here are the first you must acquire to become a data scientist.
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained [Platinum Blog]In this article, we will have a look at five distinct data careers, and hopefully provide some advice on how to get one's feet wet in this convoluted field.
- Why You Should Consider Being a Data Engineer Instead of a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]A new king of the jungle has emerged.
- Data Scientist vs Machine Learning Engineer – what are their skills? [Gold Blog]As two very popular tech roles for 2021, the Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineer can overlap or be entirely distinct, depending on the organization you work for. However, general differences between these positions require certain skill sets that you must be prepared for when applying for jobs.
- Data Science Books You Should Start Reading in 2021 [Gold Blog]Check out this curated list of the best data science books for any level.
- How to Succeed in Becoming a Freelance Data Scientist [Platinum Blog]With recent growth in data science, now is the best time to get into freelancing. The following steps will help you get started with finding clients or help you improve your current strategy.
- The Portfolio Guide for Data Science Beginners [Silver Blog]Whether you are an aspiring or seasoned Data Scientist, establishing a clear and well-designed online portfolio presence will help you stand out in the industry, and provide potential employers a powerful understanding of your work and capabilities. These tips will help you brainstorm and launch your first data science portfolio.