- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 2 - Apr 8, 2021
In this second article in this series, we’ll continue to take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n13, Apr 7: Top 10 Python Libraries Data Scientists should know in 2021; KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward Program; Making Machine Learning Models Understandable - Apr 7, 2021
Top 10 Python Libraries Data Scientists should know in 2021; KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward Program; Shapash: Making Machine Learning Models Understandable; Easy AutoML in Python; The 8 Most Common Data Scientists; A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 1
- The 8 Most Common Data Scientists - Apr 1, 2021
Admit it all you wanna-be, newbie, and old-old-school Data Scientists on the planet, whether you like it or not, you've probably behaved like one of these types. Or two. Or all eight.
- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 1 - Apr 1, 2021
In this article, we’ll take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- Software Engineering Best Practices for Data Scientists - Mar 30, 2021
This is a crash course on how to bridge the gap between data science and software engineering.
- How to Succeed in Becoming a Freelance Data Scientist [Gold Blog]
With recent growth in data science, now is the best time to get into freelancing. The following steps will help you get started with finding clients or help you improve your current strategy.
- How Reading Papers Helps You Be a More Effective Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
By reading papers, we were able to learn what others (e.g., LinkedIn) have found to work (and not work). We can then adapt their approach and not have to reinvent the rocket. This helps us deliver a working solution with lesser time and effort.
- Cartoon: Data Scientist vs Data Engineer [Gold Blog]
New KDnuggets Cartoon examines the problems of Data Scientists vs Data Engineers.
- We Don’t Need Data Scientists, We Need Data Engineers [Platinum Blog]
As more people are entering the field of Data Science and more companies are hiring for data-centric roles, what type of jobs are currently in highest demand? There is so much data in the world, and it just keeps flooding in, it now looks like companies are targeting those who can engineer that data more than those who can only model the data.
- How to Get a Job as a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
Here’s a step-by-step guide to starting your career in data science.
- Want to Be a Data Scientist? Don’t Start With Machine Learning [Gold Blog]
Machine learning may appear like the go-to topic to start learning for the aspiring data scientist. But. thinking these techniques are the key aspects of the role is the biggest misconception. So much more goes into becoming a successful data scientist, and machine learning is only one component of broader skills around processing, managing, and understanding the science behind the data.
- Data Engineering — the Cousin of Data Science, is Troublesome [Gold Blog]
A Data Scientist must be a jack of many, many trades. Especially when working in broader teams, understanding the roles of others, such as data engineering, can help you validate progress and be aware of potential pitfalls. So, how can you convince your analysts to realize the importance of expanding their toolkit? Examples from real life often provide great insight.
- How I Got 4 Data Science Offers and Doubled my Income 2 Months After Being Laid Off [Platinum Blog]
In this blog, I shared my story on getting 4 data science job offers including Airbnb, Lyft and Twitter after being laid off. Any data scientist who was laid off due to the pandemic or who is actively looking for a data science position can find something here to which they can relate.
- The Four Jobs of the Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
So, what do you do for a living? Sometimes, the answer to that question can feel like, "everything!" Well, for the Data Scientist, an extreme sense of being a "jack of all trades" is common. In fact, four such trades can be defined that a top-quality Data Scientist will iterate through during any one project.
- Object-Oriented Programming Explained Simply for Data Scientists [Gold Blog]
Read this simple but effective guide to start using Classes in Python 3.
- The Rise of the Machine Learning Engineer [Gold Blog]
The evolution of Big Data into machine learning applications ushered in an exciting era of new roles and skillsets that became necessary to implement these technologies. With the Machine Learning Engineer being such a crucial component today, where the evolution of this field will take us tomorrow should be fascinating.
- How to become a Data Scientist: a step-by-step guide [Gold Blog]
Data science is everywhere. But what are the best ways to learn the field well enough to enter the profession? Read on for some tips and steps on doing so, and some great courses to help you get there.
- The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists [Silver Blog]
The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists? It’s not what you think.
- How to Optimize Your CV for a Data Scientist Career [Silver Blog]
As the number of data science positions continues to grow dramatically, so does the number of data scientists in the marketplace. Follow these expert tips and examples to help make your resume and job applications stand out in an increasingly competitive field.
- Know What Employers are Expecting for a Data Scientist Role in 2020 [Platinum Blog]
The analysis is done from 1000+ recent Data scientist jobs, extracted from job portals using web scraping.
- How to Think Like a Data Scientist [Gold Blog]
So what does it take to become a data scientist? For some pointers on the skills for success, I interviewed Ben Chu, who is a Senior Data Scientist at Refinitiv Labs.
- Top 10 Data Visualization Tools for Every Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
At present, the data scientist is one of the most sought after professions. That’s one of the main reasons why we decided to cover the latest data visualization tools that every data scientist can use to make their work more effective.
- Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events [Silver Blog]
Biostatisticians use statistical techniques that your current everyday data scientists have probably never heard of. This is a great example where lack of domain knowledge exposes you as someone that does not know what they are doing and are merely hopping on a trend.
- 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read [Silver Blog]
In this article, we introduce 5 papers on CNNs that represent both novel approaches and baselines in the field.
- Research into 1,001 Data Scientist LinkedIn Profiles, the latest [Silver Blog]
What makes a data scientist today? Consider this review of data collected from three years worth of data scientist LinkedIn profiles to gain insight into how this important new career path is shaping up.
- Nine lessons learned during my first year as a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
What is it like to be a Data Scientist? There can be many hats to wear, and so many problems to solve that are fed with data, churned by data science, and guided by business results. Find out about lessons learned from one Data Scientist about how best to work and perform in the role.