- A Guide On How To Become A Data Scientist (Step By Step Approach) [Platinum Blog]
Becoming a Data Scientists is an exciting path, but you cannot learn data science within one year or six months—instead, it’s a lifetime process that you have to follow with proper dedication and hard work. To guide your journey, the skills outlined here are the first you must acquire to become a data scientist.
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained [Platinum Blog]
In this article, we will have a look at five distinct data careers, and hopefully provide some advice on how to get one's feet wet in this convoluted field.
- Why You Should Consider Being a Data Engineer Instead of a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
A new king of the jungle has emerged.
- Data Scientist vs Machine Learning Engineer – what are their skills? [Gold Blog]
As two very popular tech roles for 2021, the Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineer can overlap or be entirely distinct, depending on the organization you work for. However, general differences between these positions require certain skill sets that you must be prepared for when applying for jobs.
- Data Science Books You Should Start Reading in 2021 [Gold Blog]
Check out this curated list of the best data science books for any level.
- How to Succeed in Becoming a Freelance Data Scientist [Platinum Blog]
With recent growth in data science, now is the best time to get into freelancing. The following steps will help you get started with finding clients or help you improve your current strategy.
- The Portfolio Guide for Data Science Beginners [Silver Blog]
Whether you are an aspiring or seasoned Data Scientist, establishing a clear and well-designed online portfolio presence will help you stand out in the industry, and provide potential employers a powerful understanding of your work and capabilities. These tips will help you brainstorm and launch your first data science portfolio.
- The Ultimate Guide to Acing Coding Interviews for Data Scientists [Silver Blog]
This article covers understanding the 4 types of coding interview questions and preparing for them effectively.
- How Reading Papers Helps You Be a More Effective Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
By reading papers, we were able to learn what others (e.g., LinkedIn) have found to work (and not work). We can then adapt their approach and not have to reinvent the rocket. This helps us deliver a working solution with lesser time and effort.
- Cartoon: Data Scientist vs Data Engineer [Gold Blog]
New KDnuggets Cartoon examines the problems of Data Scientists vs Data Engineers.
- We Don’t Need Data Scientists, We Need Data Engineers [Platinum Blog]
As more people are entering the field of Data Science and more companies are hiring for data-centric roles, what type of jobs are currently in highest demand? There is so much data in the world, and it just keeps flooding in, it now looks like companies are targeting those who can engineer that data more than those who can only model the data.
- How to Get a Job as a Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
Here’s a step-by-step guide to starting your career in data science.
- Want to Be a Data Scientist? Don’t Start With Machine Learning [Gold Blog]
Machine learning may appear like the go-to topic to start learning for the aspiring data scientist. But. thinking these techniques are the key aspects of the role is the biggest misconception. So much more goes into becoming a successful data scientist, and machine learning is only one component of broader skills around processing, managing, and understanding the science behind the data.
- Data Engineering — the Cousin of Data Science, is Troublesome [Gold Blog]
A Data Scientist must be a jack of many, many trades. Especially when working in broader teams, understanding the roles of others, such as data engineering, can help you validate progress and be aware of potential pitfalls. So, how can you convince your analysts to realize the importance of expanding their toolkit? Examples from real life often provide great insight.
- How I Got 4 Data Science Offers and Doubled my Income 2 Months After Being Laid Off [Platinum Blog]
In this blog, I shared my story on getting 4 data science job offers including Airbnb, Lyft and Twitter after being laid off. Any data scientist who was laid off due to the pandemic or who is actively looking for a data science position can find something here to which they can relate.
- The Four Jobs of the Data Scientist [Silver Blog]
So, what do you do for a living? Sometimes, the answer to that question can feel like, "everything!" Well, for the Data Scientist, an extreme sense of being a "jack of all trades" is common. In fact, four such trades can be defined that a top-quality Data Scientist will iterate through during any one project.
- Object-Oriented Programming Explained Simply for Data Scientists [Gold Blog]
Read this simple but effective guide to start using Classes in Python 3.
- The Rise of the Machine Learning Engineer [Gold Blog]
The evolution of Big Data into machine learning applications ushered in an exciting era of new roles and skillsets that became necessary to implement these technologies. With the Machine Learning Engineer being such a crucial component today, where the evolution of this field will take us tomorrow should be fascinating.
- How to become a Data Scientist: a step-by-step guide [Gold Blog]
Data science is everywhere. But what are the best ways to learn the field well enough to enter the profession? Read on for some tips and steps on doing so, and some great courses to help you get there.
- The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists [Silver Blog]
The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists? It’s not what you think.
- How to Optimize Your CV for a Data Scientist Career [Silver Blog]
As the number of data science positions continues to grow dramatically, so does the number of data scientists in the marketplace. Follow these expert tips and examples to help make your resume and job applications stand out in an increasingly competitive field.