KDnuggets NewsTM 01:16, Aug 7, 2001
(see also KDnuggets Courses page)
- (item1) US/Canada Data Miners Income and Status
- (item2) New Poll: Which data mining techniques you use regularly?
- (item3) Attend KDD-2001, San Francisco, Aug 26-29.
(see also KDnuggets Jobs page)
- (item4) Data, Text, and Web Data Mining seminar - 5 seats left for August
- (item5) Case Studies in Applications of Mathematical and Statistical Techniques that Add Value to Marketing, Boston, MA, Sep 13, 2001
- (item6) DATA MINING: LEVELS I & II [ San Fran | Vegas | Dallas | Orlando ]
- (item7) M2001 -- the 4th Annual Data Mining Technology Conference, Oct 2-3, Cary, NC
- (item8) LEVERAGING WEB DATA FOR CRM IMPACT [ Las Vegas | Orlando ]
(see also KDnuggets Software page)
- (item9) Faifax, VA (Washington, DC area): Senior Data Miner at Mantas, Inc.
- (item10) Baltimore area, MD, USA: Senior Staff Scientist at Revenue Management company
- (item11) Baltimore area, MD, USA: Senior Software Architect at Revenue Management company
- (item12) New York City or CT: Director, Customer Analytics at analytical eCRM provider
- (item13) Plymouth, MN, USA: Marketing Analyst at Carlson Marketing Group
(see also KDnuggets Publications page)
- (item14) LOGML: Log Markup Language Schema and DTD Available
- (item15) Add intelligence to XML. Demo available.
- (item16) New Book: Creative Evolutionary Systems
- (item17) A website on fraud detection and artifical intelligence
- (item18) The Decision Tree Approach to Stock Selection, J. of Portfolio Management
- (item19) InternetWeek: IT Sharpens Data Mining's Focus
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item20) Biotech company Viaken partners with Kensington
- (item21) PeopleSoft Doing Well in a Slump
- (item22) Insightful Announces Record Revenues for Q2 2001
- (item23) SPSS and Siebel announce alliance
- (item24) ANGOSS announces plans for integration with SQL Server 2000
- (item25) NYU Professor Tuzhilin controversial patent for building customer profiles
- (item26) KXEN selects FOVEA as its software distributor for Switzerland
- (item27) TMP Worldwide and WhizBang! Labs Announce Technology Partnership
- (item28) Quaero Announces Outsourced CRM Services at NCDM Show in Chicago
- (item29) New software pinpoints location of web users
- (item30) SLP InfoWare and Novabase Deliver Predictive CRM to Wireless Carriers
- (item31) Carrier Air Conditioning Online Sales increase with WebMiner technology
- (item32) SPSS Enabling Technologies and Azerity Form Strategic Alliance
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item33) KDD 2001 workshop on Mining Scientific Datasets, San Francisco, Aug 26, 2001
- (item34) Bioinformatics workshop: Inference in High-throughput Molecular Biology, Denver, CO, Feb 22, 2002
- (item35) SPIE conference, data mining, deadline Aug 20
- (item36) IPAM short program on Scientific Data Mining, deadline Aug 31
- (item37) NSF ENG/CISE Research-Curriculum Development; letter deadline 8/31/01
- (item38) Intl. Workshop on Rule-Based Data Mining (RBDM2001), deadline Sep 1, 2001
- (item39) Uncertain Reasoning Track, FLAIRS 2002, deadline Oct 28.
- (item40) AI in Medicine Journal: spec. issue on Medical Data Mining
From the section of great predictions:
In his book "The Decline and Fall of the American Programmer," 1991,
Ed Yourdon writes:
"The American Programmer is about to share the fate of the dodo bird.
By the end of this decade, I foresee massive unemployment among the
ranks of American programmers, systems analysts, and software engineers.
international competition will put American programmers out of work
Thanks to Communications of ACM, July 2001