- Equifax: Model Risk Management Model Specialist - Oct 1, 2014.
Perform and lead activities related to model risk matters surrounding statistical model development and validation at Equifax.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29-30: Machine learning #cheatsheet; Can you find McDonald faster than a computer? - Oct 1, 2014.
Machine learning #cheatsheet on github; Great list of resources on Cloud Computing, #BigData; Excellent (but scary) demo: Can you find the nearest McDonald faster than a computer? Top 10 presentations about data science / #BigData on SlideShare.
- Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration of complex datasets - Oct 1, 2014.
Mirador is an open-source tool for visual exploration of complex datasets, enabling users to discover correlation patterns and derive new hypotheses from the data. Download Windows and Mac OS X versions from Github.
- Virginia Tech: Faculty, Computational Modeling and Data Analytics - Oct 1, 2014.
Looking for a Ph.D. in statistics or a related field, with research focus in data analytics, machine learning, data mining, or related methods, to support our new Computational Modeling and Data Analytics program.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in September - Oct 1, 2014.
Boston DataFest and Analytics Street, Big Data Summits, PAKDD, and more meetings, DecisionIQ and Quantum Data Science, BS in Data Science from Ottawa, MS from RPI, and more.
- Get Started in Text Analytics - Sep 30, 2014.
Text analytics / text mining is the natural extension of predictive analytics and has wide applications in marketing, business, and many industries. Learn text analytics with Statistics.com online program that starts Feb 6.
- Associations and Text Mining of World Events - Sep 30, 2014.
Applying frequent itemset analysis to text may seem daunting, but parallel hardware and two insights open the door to theme extraction.
- Taming the Internet of Things – KNIME Case Study - Sep 30, 2014.
With increasing interest in the Internet of Things (IoT), see how KNIME can be applied to collect data from IoT sensors, enrich that data, transform it, analyze it, and finally visualize it.
- Amazon: Research Scientist, Forecasting - Sep 29, 2014.
We develop sophisticated algorithms that learn from large amounts of past data, such as prices, promotions, similar products, to forecast the demand of over 10 million products.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 26-28: Any data scientist worth their salary will say you should start with a question - Sep 29, 2014.
CNN embarrassing lack of "Data Quality" - this #Scotland Independence poll adds; Statistical & Machine learning with R; Any data scientist worth their salary will say you should start with a question; Automotive Customer Churn Prediction using SVM and SOM.
- GDELT: Big Data of News, Conflicts, and Society - Sep 29, 2014.
What is happening in this world today? Obviously, it is impossible for us to read and analyze billions of news reports published every day. GDELT is designed to record, analyze, visualize and even forecast our planet.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 30 and beyond - Sep 29, 2014.
Not all graph databases are created equal, Evolution of Classification, Governing Big Data, Big Data Visualization, Best Practices for Applying Advanced Analytics in Hadoop, and more.
- CTC-CCT: Digital Research Analyst - Sep 29, 2014.
Help inspire the world to explore Canada. Aide inspirer le monde entier à explorer le Canada. We do so by promoting a compelling and consistent image of our country in the international tourism marketplace. Apply by Oct 9.
- Automotive Customer Churn Prediction Results, part 2 - Sep 29, 2014.
Learn how to apply neural networks and self-organizing maps to visualize the macroscopic relationships between clients and the maintenance evolution of cars over the years.
- Top stories for Sep 21-27: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 28, 2014.
Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained; Predictive Analytics in Health Care.
- Automotive Customer Churn Prediction using SVM and SOM - Sep 27, 2014.
A Case Study of predicting customer churn using Life Time Cycle approach and advanced machine learning methods including SVM and Self-Organizing Mapping.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 24-25: Statistical & Machine learning with R, great 15 hour online course - Sep 26, 2014.
Watch: Statistical and Machine learning with R, 15 hour online course; 50 Data Science and Statistics Blogs worth reading; Microsoft: Data Scientist; Book: Frequent Pattern Mining.
- Apache Spark: O’Reilly Certification, EU Training, University Program - Sep 26, 2014.
Recent news on Apache Spark includes developer certification from O'Reilly, upcoming training workshops in EU by Databricks, and Spark tutorial events at major universities.
- Zynga: Senior Data Scientist - Sep 26, 2014.
Working closely with game teams to identify and formalize problems around user modeling, designing and implementing models and algorithms for new problems in Social Gaming.
- Microsoft: Data Scientists in Redmond, Boston and Mountain View - Sep 25, 2014.
Join the excitement of Machine Learning in the Cloud at Microsoft fast-paced data science team in the Azure ML group, building machine learning powered intelligent web services and end to end solutions.
- Top Hedge Fund: Data Scientist, Machine Intelligence Team - Sep 25, 2014.
Join the Machine Intelligence team at one of the world's top hedge funds, led by the former head of the IBM Watson Project. You will tackle a range of problems impacting the firm's investment, business, and talent management strategies.
- Book: Frequent Pattern Mining - Sep 25, 2014.
Frequent pattern mining is one of the distinguished problems in data mining. Learn about methods, domains, and applications of frequent pattern mining in this comprehensive survey of the field.
- Lewis University Online MS in Data Science - Sep 25, 2014.
The Lewis online, 36 credit hour MS in Data Science degree program teaches advanced skills to effectively solve the math and computer science issues surrounding the analysis of large data sets.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- Predictive Analytics Using Oracle Data Miner - Sep 24, 2014.
Learn about basic data mining concepts and how to apply data mining techniques to your data using Oracle SQL and Data Miner tools in this new book.
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 24, 2014.
A business-level explanation of most important data analytics and machine learning methods, including neural networks, deep learning, clustering, ensemble methods, SVM, and when do use what models.
- KDnuggets 14:n25, Data Science is mainly a Human Science; edX Learning from Data - Sep 24, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories: Data Science is Mainly a Human Science; "Learning From Data" Caltech course - free on edX; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book and more.
- U. Chicago Center for Data Science and Public Policy: Data Science for Social Good Postdoc Fellowships - Sep 23, 2014.
Solve problems with high social impact in areas such as education, healthcare, energy, transportation, and public safety in partnership with non-profits and government organizations.
- PACE Data Mining Boot Camps, Oct 15-16, San Diego - Sep 23, 2014.
The PACE Boot Camps provide conceptual and hands-on training for the critical predictive data analytics techniques that help discover actionable patterns in Big Data. Reg by Oct 10 for a discount.
- COMAD India Graph Mining Programming contest - Sep 23, 2014.
Compete in the graph mining programming competition at COMAD 2014 and apply your skills to finding subcommunities in networks. Registration deadline is October 15th, and code must be submitted by October 27th.
- Data Science is mainly a Human Science - Sep 23, 2014.
Data Science is mainly a Human Science: in latest KDnuggets Poll, 62% of data scientists worked only/mostly on human data. At the same time, most data scientists worked with both human and machine data.
- NYU Stern Master of Science in Business Analytics - Sep 23, 2014.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage Big data as a valuable strategic asset. Learn more.
- Predictive Analytics in Health Care: Helping to Navigate Uncertainties and Change - Sep 23, 2014.
Predictive analytics can help navigate the many coming changes in US healthcare, including aging population, less money, impact of ACA (Obamacare) - especially on pharmaceutical and medical supplies, the R&D process, investment and new product launches.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 19-21: Dilbert funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining; Guess which pattern is random - Sep 22, 2014.
Guess which pattern is random, which machine-generated? Dilbert 20 funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining, privacy; Data Scientist Cartoon; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 22 and beyond - Sep 22, 2014.
Future of Hadoop Analytics, What Works: Open Source Analytics Software, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Evolution of Classification, Not all Graph Databases are created equal, Best Practices for Applying Advanced Analytics in Hadoop, and more.
- Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn about a variety of different approaches to data analytics and their advantages and limitations from a business leader's perspective in part 1 of this post on data analytics techniques.
- WCAI Research Opportunity: Understanding, Expanding, and Predicting Customer Engagement - Sep 22, 2014.
A new consumer interaction dataset from an international beauty retailer will provide researchers with an opportunity to investigate the interaction between customers and brands. Register for the Oct 17 webinar, and submit proposals by Nov 3.
- Key Bioinformatics Terms for Data Scientists - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn key bioinformatics terms including the various "-omics" and the differences between the types of DNA and RNA to help you understand one of the key applications of data science.
- INFORMS Analytic Maturity Model - Sep 21, 2014.
Inspect your organization, its analytics capacity, and its data and infrastructure using the new INFORMS Analytic Maturity Model to improve its analytics abilities for free.
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Helsinki: Postdoc Positions in Algorithms, Machine Learning, Big Data - Sep 20, 2014.
Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki are looking for several researchers in Algorithms, Bioinformatics, Big Data Processing, Machine Learning, and related areas. Apply by Oct 12, 2014.
- MasterCard: Business Leader, Product Development, Fraud Data Strategy and Modeling - Sep 20, 2014.
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft) - Sep 20, 2014.
A free online book explaining the core ideas behind artificial neural networks and deep learning (draft), with new chapters added every 2-3 months.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 17-18: 20 questions to ask a Data Scientist; Business Analytics ROI is 1301% - Sep 19, 2014.
20 questions you should ask a Data Scientist for a good conversation; Mad (Data) Scientist asks: "Why Are We Still Teaching t-tests?"; Great slides from @RDataMining: Intro, Data Exploration, Regression, Classification; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R.
- CuDNN – A new library for Deep Learning - Sep 19, 2014.
Becoming more and more popular, deep learning is proved to be useful in artificial intelligence. Last week, NVIDIA’s new library for deep neural networks, cuDNN, has attracted much attention.
- edX “Learning From Data” Caltech course - Sep 18, 2014.
This introductory Machine Learning course taught by top Caltech professor Abu-Mostafa covers theory, algorithms and applications, with focus on real understanding. Starts Sep 25 on edX.
- RapidMiner Resources: Educational Videos, Course - Sep 18, 2014.
RapidMiner videos focus on important and fundamental aspects of this software suite; the site also offers a "RapidMiner Analyst Preparation" Course of 43 videos which prepares learners to take the official RapidMiner Analyst exam.
- Most Viewed Web Mining Lectures - Sep 18, 2014.
Discover interesting lectures on topics like mining information networks and identifying influential members of online communities in this list of the top viewed web mining lectures on videolectures.net.
- Health Integrated: Manager of Data Engineering - Sep 18, 2014.
Responsible for all aspects of data exchange processes and software in collaboration with developers, business analysts, product managers, and program managers.
- Health Integrated: Healthcare Data Scientist - Sep 18, 2014.
Creating state of the art analytics solutions that can be shared across product lines and managed care businesses.
- Analytics Team Dissolution – Unique Case Study - Sep 18, 2014.
This unique case helps to understand how to build and lead an effective business analytics team, by learning from the sharp decline of one such team.
- Health Integrated: Big Data DevOps Engineer - Sep 18, 2014.
Prototyping, new development and production hardening the Big Data Platform. Work with different teams to manage the build out and administration of the big data clusters.
- KDnuggets 14:n24, Hiring Data Scientists; Most Viewed Machine Learning, Data Mining Talks - Sep 18, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- 10 reasons to attend the Analytics 2014 conference - Sep 17, 2014.
Don't miss Analytics 2014 conference, at Bellagio Las Vegas, Oct 20-21. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should attend, including a KDnuggets discount.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World Boston, Learn Uplift Modeling - Sep 17, 2014.
Uplift modeling is a hot analytical method to predict influence, and its adoption is rapidly growing. Learn how to do it at several sessions at PAW Boston, Oct 5-9. KDnuggets Discount.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-16 - Sep 17, 2014.
14 Awesome (and Free) Data Science Books on Statistical and Machine Learning; Mining Massive Datasets, free on Coursera, by top Stanford researchers - starts Sep 29; Nike: Senior Data Scientist.
- Webinar: Learn Analytics Best Practices for Hadoop - Sep 17, 2014.
Learn how to overcome some of the main challenges of Hadoop and successfully implement your own advanced analytics in a big data Hadoop environment. Free RapidMiner Webinar, Oct 2.
- Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R - Sep 17, 2014.
Try the newly-released version of Rattle, the open source R package for data mining, and enjoy accessing a huge array of data mining algorithms through a convenient interface.
- Nike: Senior Data Scientist, Applied Analytics - Sep 16, 2014.
Be one of the analytics professionals generating business-driving multichannel insight and CRM targeting strategies for Nike Direct to Consumer business.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 10-14: Most Viewed Machine Learning and Text Mining Talks - Sep 16, 2014.
Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks and Text Mining Lectures at Videolectures; 3 Marks of Real #DataScience; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action.
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC - Sep 16, 2014.
Don't miss this Big Data MOOC on Coursera (free)! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Starts Sep 29.
- Skyhigh Networks: Data Scientist – Big Data - Sep 16, 2014.
Help us develop data models for user behavior, security threat detection and other advanced persistent threats, as part of groundbreaking technology for enabling the safe adoption of cloud services.
- Text Analytics Summit 2014, San Francisco, Nov 4-5 - Sep 16, 2014.
13th Annual Text Analytics Summit West will be back in San Francisco Nov 4-5, with workshops on Nov 3. Join text analytics practitioners, vendors, visionaries and thought leaders from top companies. KDnuggets discount.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 16 and beyond - Sep 16, 2014.
NASA Earth Science, Modern Regression Analysis, Strata + Hadoop NYC preview, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Data Science with R, Not All Graph Databases Are Created Equal, and more.
- DuPont Pioneer: Data Scientist - Sep 15, 2014.
Seek a strong data scientist with background in machine learning and data mining, a critical position with the potential for significant, long-term impact on our business.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 15, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Accenture, Analytics Media Group, SAS and Intel on day 2 of INFORMS The Business of Big Data.
- Rocket Fuel: Principal Research Scientist – Machine Learning - Sep 15, 2014.
Develop predictive models and optimization algorithms for ad targeting and bidding on active ad exchanges to optimize advertising results. Grow and lead a team of world class machine learning engineers / scientists.
- Top stories for Sep 7-13: Hiring Data Scientists; MOOC – Process Mining - Sep 14, 2014.
Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for?; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action; Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures.
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on Why the Business needs Ambitious Big Data Use Cases - Sep 13, 2014.
We discuss the selection and tracking of use cases, key points for designing a sustainable information architecture, the need for ambitious use cases, SAP's competitive differentiation, and more.
- Xerox (Bangalore): (Sr) Research Scientists – Text & Graph Analytics - Sep 13, 2014.
Work on challenging research problems with real life relevance pertaining to different business verticals such as Customer Care, Social Media, Healthcare, Education.
- Monash: Lecturer (Data Science) - Sep 13, 2014.
Come work on research/teaching in the world's most livable city (4 times running) with the strongest academic machine learning team in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Customer Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 12, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data & Analytics experts from Microsoft, Sears Holdings and Obama for America on day 2 of Customer Analytics Summit 2014.
- Most Viewed Text Mining Lectures - Sep 12, 2014.
View some of the most popular text mining lectures from videolectures.net and learn about topics including mining web data and building large-scale information retrieval systems.
- What is Big Data – answers from thought leaders - Sep 12, 2014.
What do you think when you hear “big data”? Maybe take a moment and think about this, before you let all the opinions below influence you.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 3-9 - Sep 12, 2014.
What Is #BigData? Definitions from 40+ thought leaders; Fewer companies are hiring Data Scientists but #DataScience is still hot; Choosing the right estimator scikit-learn #CheatSheet; How do Twitter Analytics show followers gender, when they dont ask?
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on the Strategic Value Proposition of Big Data - Sep 11, 2014.
We discuss the impact of Big Data advancements on business strategy, value proposition of Big Data, importance of partnerships, key risks and mitigation strategy, how to win sustained patronage for Big Data projects and more.
- Customer Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Sep 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data & Analytics experts from ShareThis, Netflix and Ancestry on day 1 of Customer Analytics Summit 2014.
- Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures - Sep 11, 2014.
Discover lectures from a variety of summer schools and conference tutorials on machine learning in this list of the top lectures on the subject from videolectures.net.
- Schlumberger: Advanced Analytics Leader - Sep 11, 2014.
Lead the team working with the data and business intelligence resources to build and deliver analytics capabilities to the business segments and support the business and IT transformation.
- Schlumberger: Lead Data Scientist - Sep 11, 2014.
Work with the data and business intelligence resources to build and deliver analytics capabilities to the business segments and support the business and IT transformation.