- HeroX Integra Gold Rush Data Science Challenge - Oct 3, 2015.
The Integra Gold Rush Challenge invites people from around the world, from any background to analyze this data and win prizes totaling CAD $1 million.
- Don’t Let Data Silos and Dark Data Clog Your Data Supply Chain - Oct 3, 2015.
With the rise of the big data, it has been cheaper and easier to accumulate the huge amount of data. But make sure you are getting value out of this data, otherwise it could create a bottleneck and get redundant for the business.
- September Academic Positions in Business Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning - Oct 2, 2015.
Postdoc at Vanderbilt and Uni. Passau, Research Associates at Aalto and Johannes Gutenberg U, Researchers in Singapore, Faculty at USFCA and Syracuse, and more.
- U. of Iowa: Faculty in Business Analytics, Open Rank (Tenure Track) - Oct 2, 2015.
Areas of interest include but are not limited to data science, data mining, text/web/social media analytics, and data visualization.
- OpenText Data Digest Sep 25: US Maps - Oct 2, 2015.
This week’s Data Driven Digest focuses on three maps of the United States that are distinct more because of the behaviors of the people that live in them than the actual lines that separate them.
- Data science job market – what it’s like - Oct 2, 2015.
Data scientist interviews can be complex and there is no definite recipe for the success. Understand the complications and processes of an interview and what you should be careful about before accepting the offer.
- Disney: Experience Insights Analytics Manager - Oct 2, 2015.
Responsible for delivering information to support strategic decisions with data-driven insights on both new and established Guest experience drivers.
- Disney: Sr. Analytics Consultant - Oct 2, 2015.
The primary focus for this position will be to provide analytical support for the Disney Theatrical Group (DTG) which, in partnership with Management Science & Integration team, pushed the boundaries on analytics for Broadway productions.
- Disney: Managing Consultant - Oct 2, 2015.
Leading a team of analytical professionals in delivering client results for a single business unit.
- Disney: Principal, Decision Science - Oct 1, 2015.
Lead the research, design and innovation of decision science concepts and models and drive translation of that effort into actionable plans for implementations.
- Crushed it! Landing a data science job - Oct 1, 2015.
Data scientist interviews depend on the company and the team, it might look like a software developer’s interview, or statistician’s interview. Here we collected some hot tips to pass along if you’re thinking about a move soon.
- Disney: Media Analytics Integration Consultant - Oct 1, 2015.
Support ABC Consumer Analytics through on-going and ad-hoc data analysis of their digital audience and support the larger ABC Ad Sales Initiatives.
- Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained - Oct 1, 2015.
Top deep learning papers on arXiv are presented, summarized, and explained with the help of a leading researcher in the field.
- Disney: Senior Data Scientist - Oct 1, 2015.
Develop strategies for how to leverage data to improve WDPR capabilities for delivering integrated, one-to-one Guest experiences at any touch point.
- Disney: Decisioning Development Manager II - Oct 1, 2015.
Responsible for the in-house management of Guest decisioning in WDPR real-time personalization tool; engage the business to frame, structure and prioritize business decisioning needs, and meet those needs through the creation, and coding, of content decisioning logic resulting in tailored recommendations.
- NYU Stern Master of Science in Business Analytics - Oct 1, 2015.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable and predictive strategic asset. Upcoming application deadline is Nov 15.
- UPS: Data Analyst - Sep 30, 2015.
Responsible for analyzing existing data and analytics approaches, as well as creating/enhancing data and statistical models to support corporate security initiatives.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-28: 8 Great Examples of Complex Data Viz; 2015 Data Science Salary Survey - Sep 30, 2015.
8 Great Examples of Complex #DataViz; @OReillyMedia 2015 #DataScience #Salary Survey - use the model to estimate your salary; The Master #Algorithm - new, excellent book by top #MachineLearning researcher Pedro Domingos.
- 30 Can’t miss Harvard Business Review articles on Data Science, Big Data and Analytics - Sep 30, 2015.
Here are 30 Harvard Business Review (HBR) articles on big data, data science and analytics that provide insights about the latest technology and happenings in the world of data.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n31, Sep 30: Math for Data Science; How to Learn Machine Learning; The Master Algorithm - Sep 30, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills?; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The Master Algorithm - new book by top ML researcher.
- What Types of Questions Can Data Science Answer - Sep 29, 2015.
Data science has enabled us to solve complex and diverse problems by using machine learning and statistic algorithms. Here we have enumerated the common applications of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning techniques
- Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: Key Differences - Sep 29, 2015.
We hear lot about the data lakes these days, and many are arguing that a data lake is same as a data warehouse. But in reality, they are both optimized for different purposes, and the goal is to use each one for what they were designed to do.
- BABELNET 3.5, Largest Multilingual Dictionary and Semantic Network - Sep 29, 2015.
BabelNet 3.5 covers 272 languages, and offers an improved user interface, new integrated resources of Wikiquote, VerbNet, Microsoft Terminology, GeoNames, WoNeF and ImageNet, and a very large knowledge base with over 380 million semantic relations.
- Dataiku Data Science Studio, now also runs on Apache Spark - Sep 29, 2015.
Dataiku Data Science Studio version 2.1 has many useful features for Data Scientists, including integration with Apache Spark.
- Topological Analysis and Machine Learning: Friends or Enemies? - Sep 29, 2015.
What is the interaction between Topological Data Analysis and Machine Learning ? A case study shows how TDA decomposition of the data space provides useful features for improving Machine Learning results.
- EPA: Text Mining Specialist - Sep 28, 2015.
Conduct research into the development and application of semantic search and text mining approaches to analyze large collections of documents.
- Purdue Pharma: Manager, Marketing Analytics - Sep 28, 2015.
Responsible for supporting the design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance/ administration of various managed care and commercial analyses.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 29 and beyond - Sep 28, 2015.
Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Sep 29 and beyond, The Future of Data Warehousing, Secrets of Successful Analytics Leaders, and more.
- Interview: Michael Brodie – We Can’t Rely on Machines - Sep 28, 2015.
Michael Brodie, a leading database researcher, is convinced that Big Data has more potential than the hype suggests, but also more risks.
- Workforce Data Science: Does Talent Development Increase Performance Over Time? - Sep 28, 2015.
Large organizations spend millions on training, coaching, mentoring, re-training and competency development programs. Business ROI with these predictive projects is very significant, here we are sharing some of our findings as they may challenge some concepts we hold so closely.
- MOOC: “Process Mining: Data science in Action” repeats in Oct 2015 - Sep 28, 2015.
Due to the large success of the first two runs, this 6 week online course is repeated in October. The course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.
- Data Science of Process Mining – Understanding Complex Processes - Sep 28, 2015.
Process Mining is introduced and explained, including Its benefits for Data Science, and key resources for further exploring Process Mining, including videos, articles, and MOOCs.
- Strata NYC Live Streaming info and Expo Hall Plus passes - Sep 28, 2015.
Watch Strata NYC keynotes live streaming on Sep 30 and Oct 1 here; also last moment info on Expo passes.
- Top stories for Sep 20-26: 15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Support “Talking Machines” – best podcast on Machine Learning - Sep 27, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Support "Talking Machines" - the best podcast on Machine Learning, Data Science and AI; Spark SQL for Real Time Analytics - Part Two.
- Machine Learning Course. Learn to build solutions, Delft, Netherlands, 16-20 November - Sep 26, 2015.
This course provides you with practical step-by-step methodology to go beyond theory and learn how to create working Machine Learning solutions.
- Data Science Glossary - Sep 26, 2015.
Data architect shares an extensive data science glossary of terms from statistics , Data Science, and Machine Learning, from algorithm to vector space.
- The Master Algorithm – new book by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos - Sep 25, 2015.
Wonderfully erudite, humorous, and easy to read, the Master Algorithm by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos takes you on a journey to visit the 5 tribes of Machine Learning experts and helps you understand what the Master Algorithm can be.
- Blast Analytics & Marketing: Technical Business Analyst - Sep 25, 2015.
Work with Marketing Directors and execs to help them define goals, understand levers, and get meaningful insights from their data; provide accurate analysis of clickstream digital analytics and other data.
- Blizzard: Senior Data Scientist - Sep 25, 2015.
Strong technical background in machine learning, data mining, statistics or a related quantitative field and ability to carry out innovative research and development.
- Harness the Power of Your Data, See Anaconda In Action at Strata NYC - Sep 25, 2015.
Team Anaconda will be at the Strata + Hadoop NYC, Sep 29 - Oct 1. See how Anaconda and other open source Python and R technologies can empower your data analytics with our demos, talks, and more.
- SFBayACM Silicon Valley Data Science Camp 2015 - Sep 24, 2015.
This is a great (almost free = $5) opportunity to learn about Data Science and connect with others. SF Bay ACM annual Data Science Camp combines keynote, optional tutorial, and sessions.
- U. of San Francisco: Tenure Track Professor, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science - Sep 24, 2015.
We seek well-qualified candidates in applied mathematics or statistics, with a focus on the extraction of knowledge from data, including data science, modeling, applied probability, applied statistics, and machine learning.
- Hadoop Maturity Survey: The Tipping Point - Sep 24, 2015.
AtScale first global Hadoop maturity survey finds Hadoop value greatly increases with nodes deployed; its use for ETL is frequently a transition stage to higher-value Data Science applications.
- Polyanalyst User Conference 2015, Oct 21-22, Bloomington, IN - Sep 24, 2015.
Join us for the 2015 PolyAnalyst User Conference, a two-day technical and cross-functional event discussing the significance and possibilities of data and text analytics.
- UC Berkeley: MS in Data Science Online - Sep 24, 2015.
UC Berkeley offers a Master of Information and Data Science online program which lets you to earn a degree without relocating or putting your career on hold.
- MLconf Industry Impact Student Research Award Sponsored by Google - Sep 23, 2015.
The award is for current PhD students or recent graduates whose research is deemed to be useful for solving the problems currently faced in industry. Nominations due Oct 25, 2015.
- O’Reilly Releases 2015 Data Science Salary Survey - Sep 23, 2015.
OReilly survey reveals the tools that successful data scientists and engineers use and how they relate to their salary. Get your copy of the Salary Survey.
- AspenTech: Data Scientist - Sep 23, 2015.
If you want a shot at greatness, as a member of the data science team, you will develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to understand data patterns and relationships and prescribe actions and options.
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 18: Money and Finance - Sep 23, 2015.
Pacific Stock Exchange in San Francisco was created 133 years ago this week to serve businesses that struck rich mining for gold during the California Gold Rush. Nowadays, businesses mine for data hoping to strike it rich, using visualizations like the ones below.
- H2O World 50% off for 24 hours only – Open Source Machine Learning - Sep 23, 2015.
Join machine learning industry leaders, H2O customers, and community in a day of H2O training and two days of talks. 50% OFF valid for 24 hours only.
- Dissecting the Big Data Twitter Community through a Big data Lens - Sep 23, 2015.
Tweeter communities have activities: tweets, retweets, replies, and followers. Retweets graph is a good representation of actual connections in the network, their strengths, as well as the propagation of information through the network.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-21: Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master Algorithm - Sep 23, 2015.
Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master #Algorithm; #Dilbert brilliant take on Character; SentimentBuilder - Free Online Natural #Language Processing Tool.
- 15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science - Sep 23, 2015.
The essential mathematics necessary for Data Science can be acquired with these 15 MOOCs, with a strong emphasis on applied algebra & statistics.
- SlideRule: Data Science Course Mentor (online) - Sep 22, 2015.
Be an expert mentor for SlideRule online, self-paced Data Science workshops where participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 mentor guidance.
- Spark SQL for Real Time Analytics – Part Two - Sep 22, 2015.
Apache Spark is the hottest topic in Big Data. Part 2 of this covers basic concepts of Stream Processing for Real Time Analytics and for the next frontier – Internet of Things (IoT).
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 22 and beyond - Sep 22, 2015.
Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, BI Personas, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, Workforce Analytics, and more.
- AIMRx: Data Scientist Consultant – Immediate Need - Sep 22, 2015.
3+ month contract assignment to analyze marketing data to find trends and insights to develop successful strategies for optimizing campaign designs and marketing strategies.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [San Jose, Dec 7-11] - Sep 21, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in San Jose, Dec 3-4.
- Peer-to-Peer Event for Data Chiefs, BI, Analytics Leaders, Austin, Dec 7-9 – KDnuggets discount - Sep 21, 2015.
Data Analytic Leaders event facilitates meaningful connections of the smartest data leaders across industries, and helps you discover new and breakthrough best practices. KDnuggets discount.
- Zementis: Customer Analytics and Risk Management Webinar, Sep 29 - Sep 21, 2015.
IBM integrated Zementis predictive analytics software directly into IBM zEnterprise computing environment. Learn how this allows organizations to increase business agility, improve data governance and security, and reduce infrastructure cost and complexity.
- Support “Talking Machines” – the best podcast on Machine Learning, Data Science and AI - Sep 20, 2015.
Excitement, and worry, about ML, AI, and data science is at a fever pitch. It’s our responsibility to bring the conversation back to reality, and support the projects that do, or face another ‘winter’.
- Top stories for Sep 13-19: Trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? Deep Learning and Artistic Style - Sep 20, 2015.
Trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? Deep Learning and Artistic Style - Can art be quantified?; Free Books on Big Data, Data Science.
- Open Data Science West, San Francisco, Nov 13-14 - Sep 19, 2015.
Open Data Science West, Nov 13-14 San Francisco has a stellar line-up of speakers including Brian Granger, Anthony Goldbloom, Claudia Perlich, and over 50 talks and 20 workshops from Data Science experts. Save 15% from already low rates with ODSC-KDNG code.
- SentimentBuilder: Visual Analysis of Unstructured Texts - Sep 18, 2015.
Sankey diagrams are mainly used to visualize the flow of data on energy flows, material flow and trade-offs. SentimentBuilder found how to use them with unstructured text in their online NLP tool.
- Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 18, 2015.
Top Quora machine learning writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, academic research, and selecting and using appropriate technologies.
- A New MOOC on Strategic Business Analytics - Sep 18, 2015.
Coursera and ESSEC Business School launch a MOOC on how to create value from data to solve business issue. It focuses on 4 sets of skills: analytics, IT, business, and communication.
- Data Science Data Logic - Sep 17, 2015.
Even though participating in MOOCs and online competitions are good exercises to learn data science, but it is more than algorithms and accuracies. Understand how to formulate hypothesis, data creation, sampling, validation, etc. to become true data scientist.
- Deep Learning and Artistic Style – Can art be quantified? - Sep 17, 2015.
We analyze the latest advance in Deep learning which teaches computers to paint in the style of different famous painters, from Van Gogh to Picasso. Is it really Art?
- Top 10 Quora Data Science Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 17, 2015.
Top Quora data science writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, approaching interviews, and selecting appropriate technologies.
- PeachIH: Machine Learning Specialist (Singapore) - Sep 16, 2015.
We are a real-time healthcare IT analytics company using advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence to innovate cutting edge products to make actionable predictions for patients with acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Altx: Data Engineer - Sep 16, 2015.
ALTX connects the right investor to the right fund, with a state of the art network that helps investors and funds alike find more satisfying investments with innovative algorithms, behavioral and traditional statistics and analysis.
- Lavastorm Webinar: Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, Sep 24 - Sep 16, 2015.
Learn how to easily extract data from Hadoop, create a more comprehensive view of your business, and quickly turn business data into business insights.
- Exclusive Interview: Big Data and Data Science at UN - Sep 16, 2015.
We interview the UN Chief Information Technology Officer about how Big Data and Data Science can help solve world's problem. Check Unite Ideas crowdsourcing platform for data analytics challenges where you can help.
- Doing Data Science at Twitter - Sep 16, 2015.
Data scientist career exciting, fulfilling and multidimensional career path. Understand through the journey of a data scientist of twitter about data scientists roles, responsibilities and skills required to perform them.
- Forecasting revenue for a hospital – case study - Sep 16, 2015.
Convincing the management for data driven approach is one of the biggest hurdles in data mining projects. Here, you can learn how to go about this by, setting goals, building the pilot project and KPIs, and presenting the results to management.
- Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? - Sep 16, 2015.
Embarking on a journey through the lands of machine learning? Here are few important lessons like Feature Engineering, Model tuning, Overfitting, Ensembling etc. which you should keep in mind along the way.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n30, Sep 16: 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science; Analytics Jobs Length; Salary by Role - Sep 16, 2015.
60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, ML; Top 20 Data Science MOOCs; Data Scientists don't stay long in their jobs; Salaries by Roles in Data Science and BI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 08-14: Dilbert brilliant take on Character; Free edX course: Data Science and Machine Learning - Sep 15, 2015.
Dilbert brilliant take on "Character is how you act when no one is watching"; Free edX Course: #DataScience & #MachineLearning, starts Sep 24; A New Approach for #DeepLearning Training in Unsupervised Learning; New Book: Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Predictive Data Analytics.
- Syracuse iSchool: Asst. Professor, Data Science - Sep 15, 2015.
Syracuse iSchool is soliciting applications from scholars to join its renowned and interdisciplinary faculty in the area of data science.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Sep 23] - Sep 15, 2015.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Sep 23.