- Nike: Senior Data Scientist, Applied Analytics - Sep 16, 2014.
Be one of the analytics professionals generating business-driving multichannel insight and CRM targeting strategies for Nike Direct to Consumer business.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 10-14: Most Viewed Machine Learning and Text Mining Talks - Sep 16, 2014.
Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks and Text Mining Lectures at Videolectures; 3 Marks of Real #DataScience; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action.
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC - Sep 16, 2014.
Don't miss this Big Data MOOC on Coursera (free)! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Starts Sep 29.
- Skyhigh Networks: Data Scientist – Big Data - Sep 16, 2014.
Help us develop data models for user behavior, security threat detection and other advanced persistent threats, as part of groundbreaking technology for enabling the safe adoption of cloud services.
- Text Analytics Summit 2014, San Francisco, Nov 4-5 - Sep 16, 2014.
13th Annual Text Analytics Summit West will be back in San Francisco Nov 4-5, with workshops on Nov 3. Join text analytics practitioners, vendors, visionaries and thought leaders from top companies. KDnuggets discount.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 16 and beyond - Sep 16, 2014.
NASA Earth Science, Modern Regression Analysis, Strata + Hadoop NYC preview, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Data Science with R, Not All Graph Databases Are Created Equal, and more.
- DuPont Pioneer: Data Scientist - Sep 15, 2014.
Seek a strong data scientist with background in machine learning and data mining, a critical position with the potential for significant, long-term impact on our business.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 15, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Accenture, Analytics Media Group, SAS and Intel on day 2 of INFORMS The Business of Big Data.
- Rocket Fuel: Principal Research Scientist – Machine Learning - Sep 15, 2014.
Develop predictive models and optimization algorithms for ad targeting and bidding on active ad exchanges to optimize advertising results. Grow and lead a team of world class machine learning engineers / scientists.
- Top stories for Sep 7-13: Hiring Data Scientists; MOOC – Process Mining - Sep 14, 2014.
Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for?; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action; Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures.
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on Why the Business needs Ambitious Big Data Use Cases - Sep 13, 2014.
We discuss the selection and tracking of use cases, key points for designing a sustainable information architecture, the need for ambitious use cases, SAP's competitive differentiation, and more.
- Xerox (Bangalore): (Sr) Research Scientists – Text & Graph Analytics - Sep 13, 2014.
Work on challenging research problems with real life relevance pertaining to different business verticals such as Customer Care, Social Media, Healthcare, Education.
- Monash: Lecturer (Data Science) - Sep 13, 2014.
Come work on research/teaching in the world's most livable city (4 times running) with the strongest academic machine learning team in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Customer Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 12, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data & Analytics experts from Microsoft, Sears Holdings and Obama for America on day 2 of Customer Analytics Summit 2014.
- Most Viewed Text Mining Lectures - Sep 12, 2014.
View some of the most popular text mining lectures from videolectures.net and learn about topics including mining web data and building large-scale information retrieval systems.
- What is Big Data – answers from thought leaders - Sep 12, 2014.
What do you think when you hear “big data”? Maybe take a moment and think about this, before you let all the opinions below influence you.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 3-9 - Sep 12, 2014.
What Is #BigData? Definitions from 40+ thought leaders; Fewer companies are hiring Data Scientists but #DataScience is still hot; Choosing the right estimator scikit-learn #CheatSheet; How do Twitter Analytics show followers gender, when they dont ask?
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on the Strategic Value Proposition of Big Data - Sep 11, 2014.
We discuss the impact of Big Data advancements on business strategy, value proposition of Big Data, importance of partnerships, key risks and mitigation strategy, how to win sustained patronage for Big Data projects and more.
- Customer Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Sep 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data & Analytics experts from ShareThis, Netflix and Ancestry on day 1 of Customer Analytics Summit 2014.
- Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures - Sep 11, 2014.
Discover lectures from a variety of summer schools and conference tutorials on machine learning in this list of the top lectures on the subject from videolectures.net.
- Schlumberger: Advanced Analytics Leader - Sep 11, 2014.
Lead the team working with the data and business intelligence resources to build and deliver analytics capabilities to the business segments and support the business and IT transformation.
- Schlumberger: Lead Data Scientist - Sep 11, 2014.
Work with the data and business intelligence resources to build and deliver analytics capabilities to the business segments and support the business and IT transformation.
- Schlumberger: Senior Data Scientist - Sep 11, 2014.
Working with the data and business intelligence resources to build and deliver analytics capabilities to the business segments and support the business and IT transformation.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Selecting the Right Big Data Vendor - Sep 10, 2014.
We discuss Big Data vendor landscape, key relevant questions, Alpine's competitive differentiation, important qualities sought in data scientists, and more.
- MOOC: “Process Mining: Data science in Action” - Sep 10, 2014.
This 6 week online course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.
- Alibaba: Senior Data Scientist - Sep 10, 2014.
Develop rich insight into consumer behaviors, preferences and experiences from the vast resources in order to improve the customer experience across a broad range of areas.
- Most Viewed Big Data Talks at Videolectures - Sep 10, 2014.
Learn about topics ranging from applying big data to industrial settings to using machine learning on big data knowledge graphs from these big data lectures on videolectures.net.
- HICT: 20 funded doctoral student positions - Sep 10, 2014.
HICT, a joint initiative by Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki has 20 fully funded positions for exceptional doctoral students in algorithms and machine learning, life science informatics, networked systems and other areas.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Why Big Data is all about Empowerment & Collaboration - Sep 9, 2014.
We discuss the story of Alpine Data Labs, the recent recognition of Alpine, effect of YARN, major customer use cases, and challenges in consumerizing Big Data.
- Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for? - Sep 9, 2014.
Know key characteristics of what makes up a good data scientist based upon the three authors’ consulting and research experience, having collaborated with many companies world-wide on the topics of big data and analytics.
- Most Viewed Data Mining Talks at Videolectures - Sep 9, 2014.
Watch the top 25 most viewed popular data mining lectures on VideoLectures.NET to learn about topics ranging general big-data tutorials to monetizing data mining startups.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 9 and beyond - Sep 9, 2014.
Modern Regression Analysis, Tamr and Forrester Research, Hadoop for Machine Learning, NASA Earth Science Data, Strata + Hadoop NYC preview, and more.
- Founders of Yahoo! and MySQL Invest in Import.io - Sep 8, 2014.
Import.io raises $3M round from Jerry Yang and David Axmark. Released a streamlined version of web data extraction tool with exciting new features.
- WhitePages: Senior Statistician / Data Scientist - Sep 8, 2014.
You have a unique combination of analytic, engineering, and communication skills that allows you to address all aspects of making data valuable, and WhitePages has a unique challenge for you.
- Top stories for Aug 31 – Sep 6 - Sep 8, 2014.
Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Four main languages for Analytics; Cartoon: Robot Labor Day 2050; Exclusive: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra: Harness Data and Harvest Value - Sep 4, 2014.
We discuss how to tame Big Data through harnessing data and harvesting value, the top Big Data priorities in Insurance sector, short-term and long-term needs of Healthcare Analytics, and more.
- Top stories in August: Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Sep 4, 2014.
Also Deep Learning resources; Sibyl - Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics.
- SAS Analytics 2014, Las Vegas, October - Sep 4, 2014.
Join nearly a thousand analytics professionals at the Analytics 2014 conference in Las Vegas on Oct 20-21. Learn new skills. Grow your network. Have fun! Big KDnuggets discount.
- Northwestern Online Master of Science in Predictive Analytics - Sep 4, 2014.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership-level career, learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts, and build analytic expertise.
- Nomis Solutions: Principal, Business Analytics - Sep 3, 2014.
Supporting sales, defining business requirements, designing the right solution working with our clients, proving it in the market, and producing the insight to ensure customers extract the value that we promise.
- August 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Sep 3, 2014.
August 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Infosys, Enlitic, Guavus, Google buys Jetpac, Algorithmia, MedAssets buys Sq2, Yahoo buys Zofari, Adatao.
- Bosch Research and Technology Center: Multiple Data Scientist, Data Mining Engineer positions - Sep 3, 2014.
Join the Data Science team at Bosch RTC to research and develop novel, large scale machine learning and data mining algorithms, for Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, and other applications.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-2 - Sep 3, 2014.
#DataMining Reddit using Python and R #rstats; Is @TheEconomist wrong? Money does "buy" happiness, on the log-log scale; Facebook Data Scientists: Who Are They and What Do They Do; Online Master of Science in Data Science.
- Shifting CXO crowns and changing Analytics Leadership - Sep 3, 2014.
Learn about how the analytics landscape has shifted in recent years and how this has pushed the CXO to pursue higher levels of analytics competition to meet business needs.
- CoLaboratory: Doing Data Science Collaboratively Like Google Doc - Sep 3, 2014.
A review of CoLaboratory which enables data scientists to write code like on Google Doc.
- KDnuggets 14:n23, My KDD-2014 Report; Data Science for Humans or Machines? Labor Day 2050 - Sep 3, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including my KDD-2014 report: The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting; The Magic Module network and Privacy vs Big Data; Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning.
- Sep 2014 – Mar 2015 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Sep 3, 2014.
Coming soon: PAW Gov, ECML/PKDD, BayesiaLab UC, Big Data Innovation Summit, PAW Boston, PAW Healthcare, RecSys, Strata + Hadoop NYC, Analytics 2014, BigData TechCon, Data Analytics Week, Text Analytics Summit West,and many more.
- BayesiaLab User Conference, Sep 16-24, UCLA - Sep 2, 2014.
Research practitioners from leading organizations will gather at UCLA for the only event dedicated to applied research and analytics with Bayesian networks and BayesiaLab. Pre-conference program includes courses on BayesiaLab and Causal Inference with Graphical Models.
- Online Master of Science in Data Science - Sep 2, 2014.
Lewis University online MS in Data Science program offers two concentrations: Data Science for Computer Scientists and Data Science for Life Scientists.
- Webcast – Analytically Speaking Featuring Michael J. A. Berry and Gordon S. Linoff - Sep 2, 2014.
Berry and Linoff talk about the current data mining landscape, including new methods, new types of data and the importance of using the right analysis for your problem.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World London, October - Sep 2, 2014.
See Dr. John Elder in London at the leading Predictive Analytics conference, and get KDnuggets Discount - 15% off full conference passes to Predictive Analytics World London.
- KDD-2014 report, part 2: The Magic Module network and Privacy vs Big Data - Sep 2, 2014.
Here is part 2 of my report on KDD-2014, the biggest and the best Data Science meeting: The Magic Module genes, Privacy vs Big Data, and should we ask for consent of data subjects?
- Ontotext text mining, semantic search, and graph database - Sep 2, 2014.
Ontotext blends text mining, semantic annotation and semantic search with a graph database that infers new meaning at scale, helping organizations find meaning in large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Analytical Skills Survey for 2014 - Sep 2, 2014.
Have your voice be heard - participate in the Analytical Skills, Tools and Attitudes Survey 2014, and see the challenges faced by others.
- Age homophily for predicting age of mobile phone customers - Sep 2, 2014.
Homophily (a tendency of people to associate with others like them) is ubiquitous in real world and in social networks. We show the existence of age homophily in a mobile phone communication network and exploit it to predict the age group for all users in the network.
- New Poll: Did you do Data Science for Humans or for Machines? - Sep 1, 2014.
Did you do mainly Data Science for Humans (explainable models for a human decision maker), Data Science for Machines (accuracy-oriented black-box models for automated algorithms), or both? Please vote.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 2 and beyond - Sep 1, 2014.
Streaming Analytics, Analytical Lifecycle, Modern Regression Analysis, Hadoop for Machine Learning, NASA Earth Science Data, Strata + Hadoop NYC preview, Ontotext, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 29-31: Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs …; 100 top machine learning talks - Sep 1, 2014.
Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs Data Mining vs Big Data; 100 most popular machine learning talks at videolectures; Intro to parallel iterative Deep Learning on Hadoop YARN; Jeremy Howard answers why he left Kaggle and what are his plans now.
- Cartoon: Robot Labor Day 2050 - Sep 1, 2014.
Amidst all the discussion about robots and automation taking over human jobs, new KDnuggets cartoon looks at how Labor Day can evolve by 2050.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in August - Sep 1, 2014.
New analytics, data science, data mining top stories page, meetings, KDD-2015, Certificates and Certification option, Data Analytics BS, software for text analytics and visualization and more.
- ACM Data Science Camp, San Jose, Oct 25 - Aug 31, 2014.
ACM Data Mining Camps, held since 2009, are renamed this year to Data Science Camp to be more inclusive of Big Data & Data Science. Propose or organize sessions and attend this great meeting.
- Top stories for Aug 24-30: 4 main languages for Analytics, Data Mining; Dataiku Data Science Studio - Aug 31, 2014.
Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Dataiku Data Science Studio; KDD-2014 - The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting; On the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation.
- KDD-2014 Ice Bucket Challenge - Aug 30, 2014.
KDD-2014 team of Jure Leskovec, Claudia Perlich, Sofus Macskassy, Gregory Piatetsky, and Rayid Ghani responds to the Ice Bucket challenge.
- Scorto Plug and Score Modeler – for easy scorecard development - Aug 30, 2014.
New version of Plug&Score Modeler is an easy-to-use credit scorecard development software designed for credit risk professionals in banks and other financial institutions.
- Symantec: IoT Analytics Engineer – Principal (Data Scientist) - Aug 29, 2014.
A key, hands-on contributor to the development and integration of analytics and machine learning technologies under the Internet of Things (IoT) umbrella.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 27-28: Worst Venn Diagram ever? KDD-2014: Biggest and Best Data Science Meeting - Aug 29, 2014.
Worst Venn Diagram ever?; New Microsoft Azure SQL Database service tiers with reduced pricing; KDD-2014 - The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting; NYTimes on KDD-2014: Looking to the Future of Data Science.
- Resonate: Data Scientist - Aug 29, 2014.
Performing complex data analysis on large datasets to further develop our campaign optimization and targeting algorithms.
- White paper: Making the business case for text analytics - Aug 29, 2014.
Download a free white paper which focuses on the business benefits (and challenges!) of text analytics from the perspectives of 4 experts from slated to speak at the 13th Annual Text Analytics Summit West, Nov 4-5 in San Francisco.
- Microsoft: Principal Data Scientist, Skype - Aug 29, 2014.
Responsible for analyzing call quality for Skype and Lync and driving improvements into the product, to make Skype and Lync have the best audio and video communication experience possible.
- KDD-2014 – The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting - Aug 28, 2014.
KDD-2014 was the largest (with over 2300 people) and the best Data Science meeting, highlighting the huge progress of Data Science made with Big Data, and its even more amazing potential.
- Interview: Debora Donato, StumbleUpon on the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation - Aug 28, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at StumbleUpon, the shift from search to discovery, metrics for user engagement, the art of collaborative filtering, how native ads improve user experience, major trends, advice and more.
- Kaggle Epilepsy Seizure Prediction Challenge - Aug 28, 2014.
Create a forecasting system for predicting epileptic seizures in this Kaggle challenge to help improve the lives of epilepsy patients and win prizes. Competition ends on November 17.
- PNNL: Post Doctorate RA – Data Sciences and Analytics - Aug 28, 2014.
Do research related to social network analysis, human language technologies, machine learning, infectious disease epidemiology, and data collection and analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-26: KDD-2014 organizers (including Gregory) Ice Bucket challenge - Aug 27, 2014.
KDD-2014 organizers, including Gregory, take Ice Bucket challenge; Most important APIs every Data Scientist should know; Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations; Artificial Dataset Generation for Machine Learning.
- Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations - Aug 26, 2014.
Before this year's Text Analytics Summit West, read the previous year's summit's best received presentations and learn about leveraging text analytics for business gain.
- Dataiku Data Science Studio - Aug 26, 2014.
Data Science Studio (DSS) from Dataiku is a complete Data Science software tool for developers and analysts, which significantly shortens the time-consuming load-clean-train-test-deploy cycles of building predictive applications. A community edition and a free trial available.
- Becker College: Founding Director of the Data Science Program - Aug 26, 2014.
Responsibilities include: thought leadership, program development, network development, industry engagement, research, effective classroom teaching, student advising, college service, and professional scholarship.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 22-24: A Day in the Life of a Functional Data Scientist; Keeping up to date - Aug 25, 2014.
A Day in the Life of a Functional Data Scientist; How to keep yourself up to data on Data Science, Data Mining; Automatic Storytelling: How to Build Your Very Own Data Scientist ; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 26 and beyond - Aug 25, 2014.
Tableau, Big Companies, Personalized Healthcare, Lavastorm Analytics, Mapping, Data Integration, SiSense, SAS and Cloudera and more.