- How Hard is it to Get into FAANG Companies - May 31, 2023.
This article explores the history and current state of FAANG companies, and how low acceptance rates for these companies may be due to the rapid growth of the tech industry.
- 4 Career Lessons That Helped Me Navigate the Difficult Job Market - May 29, 2023.
In this blog, I share 4 valuable lessons I learned while searching for data science roles amidst challenging circumstances, including 60-day immigration policies, layoffs, and health issues. My hope is to offer insights and guidance to those who are facing similar obstacles, whether due to recent layoffs or immigration challenges.
- From Data Analyst to Data Strategist: The Career Path for Making an Impact - May 8, 2023.
The transition from a data analyst to a data strategist with this guide on acquiring skills, building a portfolio, networking, and job search strategies.
- How to Transition into Data Science from a Different Background? - May 4, 2023.
Are you interested in data science but don't have a relevant background? Don't worry, you can still learn the skills and tools you need to become a successful data scientist.
- My Data Science Six Months Success Story - Apr 6, 2023.
I will be sharing a couple of things I have learned in the past six months and tips that helped me stay dedicated and true to my journey in this article.
- 7 Must-Know Python Tips for Coding Interviews - Mar 20, 2023.
Preparing for your next Python coding interview? Here’s a list of useful tips that’ll come in handy and help you write Pythonic code.
- 9 Top Platforms to Practice Key Data Science Skills - Mar 14, 2023.
Which platforms would I recommend as a go-to for learning and practicing data science skills? The list would change every day, depending on my mood. Here’s today’s list with an overview of each platform.
- Use your Data Science Skills to Create 5 Streams of Income - Mar 14, 2023.
Leverage your data science skills to create five different side streams of income.
- 4 Ways to Generate Passive Income Using ChatGPT - Mar 10, 2023.
Discover how you can leverage ChatGPT to generate passive income.
- How I Got My First Job as a Data Scientist - Feb 16, 2023.
Things I believe contributed to my success.
- What’s With All the Layoffs in Tech? - Feb 16, 2023.
Answering all the questions that you've been asking about the layoffs in the tech industry.
- Is Data Science a Dying Career? - Feb 15, 2023.
At the end of the day, the value a data scientist provides to an organization lies in their ability to apply data to real-world use cases.
- 10 Free Machine Learning Courses from Top Universities - Feb 2, 2023.
Learn the basics of machine learning, including classification, SVM, decision tree learning, neural networks, convolutional, neural networks, boosting, and K nearest neighbors.
- How I Make $3,500 Online Every Month With Data Science - Jan 25, 2023.
Here's how you can do the same.
- 3 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Data Science - Jan 9, 2023.
Looking back and realizing how I was wrong about the data science career.
- Data Science Minimum: 10 Essential Skills You Need to Know to Start Doing Data Science - Dec 30, 2022.
Data science is ever-evolving, so mastering its foundational technical and soft skills will help you be successful in a career as a Data Scientist, as well as pursue advance concepts, such as deep learning and artificial intelligence.
- How To Find The Best Data Science Remote Jobs - Dec 22, 2022.
Learn Why, What, and How about the best data science remote jobs.
- How to Get Your First Job in Data Science without Any Work Experience - Dec 20, 2022.
Creativity, grit, and perseverance will become the three words you live by.
- How to Land a Senior Data Scientist Position - Dec 20, 2022.
How to differentiate yourself as a senior in data science interviews.
- How To Overcome The Fear of Math and Learn Math For Data Science - Dec 16, 2022.
Many aspiring Data Scientists, especially when self-learning, fail to learn the necessary math foundations. These recommendations for learning approaches along with references to valuable resources can help you overcome a personal sense of not being "the math type" or belief that you "always failed in math."
- How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months - Dec 14, 2022.
After losing the Job, I taught myself data science and tripled my income.
- We Don’t Need Data Scientists, We Need Data Engineers - Dec 9, 2022.
As more people are entering the field of Data Science and more companies are hiring for data-centric roles, what type of jobs are currently in highest demand? There is so much data in the world, and it just keeps flooding in, it now looks like companies are targeting those who can engineer that data more than those who can only model the data.
- How to Prepare for a Data Science Interview - Dec 6, 2022.
When interviewing for a data scientist, it’s crucial to know how and what to prepare to be successful. But success also lies in knowing what not to prepare.
- How I Got 4 Data Science Offers and Doubled My Income 2 Months After Being Laid Off - Dec 1, 2022.
In this blog, I shared my story on getting 4 data science job offers including Airbnb, Lyft and Twitter after being laid off. Any data scientist who was laid off due to the pandemic or who is actively looking for a data science position can find something here to which they can relate.
- What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course - Nov 29, 2022.
First steps to learning data science & machine learning are the foundations.
- If I Had To Start Learning Data Science Again, How Would I Do It? - Nov 16, 2022.
While different ways to learn Data Science for the first time exist, the approach that works for you should be based on how you learn best. One powerful method is to evolve your learning from simple practice into complex foundations, as outlined in this learning path recommended by a physicist who turned into a Data Scientist.
- Don’t Become a Commoditized Data Scientist - Oct 28, 2022.
Unicorns don't exist. Aim instead to be an endangered species.
- The Current State of Data Science Careers - Oct 28, 2022.
If you’re someone in data science or aiming to get into a data science career, this article will give you a comprehensive analysis of the state of the field.
- A Data Science Portfolio That Will Land You The Job in 2022 - Oct 21, 2022.
Check out this article on crafting a data science portfolio that will get you that job. And learn 4 resume mistakes to avoid at any cost.
- 7 Free Platforms for Building a Strong Data Science Portfolio - Oct 17, 2022.
Outshine others and increase your odds of getting hired by maintaining a data science portfolio with projects, resumes, blogs, and reports.
- 3 Valuable Skills That Have Doubled My Income as a Data Scientist - Oct 12, 2022.
In a year, I have learned three essential skills that have opened a new world of possibilities.
- NLP Interview Questions - Oct 5, 2022.
What is NLP, and what types of questions related to NLP can you expect at the NLP-related job interviews?
- A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist: Expert vs. Beginner - Sep 28, 2022.
Let’s learn more about what a data scientist gets up to.
- Which is Best: Data Science Bootcamp vs Degree vs Online Course - Sep 27, 2022.
Let’s break down each of the three options: the pros, the cons, the cost, and what you can expect to get out of them in the end.
- How Do Data Scientists and Data Engineers Work Together? - Aug 18, 2022.
If you’re considering a career in data science, it’s important to understand how these two fields differ, and which one might be more appropriate for someone with your skills and interests.
- 12 Most Challenging Data Science Interview Questions - Jul 18, 2022.
The simple but tricky data science questions that most people struggle to answer.
- Simple Salary Guide for Tech Experts 2022 - Jul 6, 2022.
Looking for a straightforward guide to tech title salaries? Look no further!
- Data Science Career: 7 Expectations vs Reality - Jun 22, 2022.
Let’s get into some of the expectations of data scientists – and the reality they face.
- Mistakes That Newbie Data Scientists Should Avoid - Jun 13, 2022.
Check out this list of common mistakes that data science newbies make, so you know what to avoid in your job search journey.
- Must-haves on Your Data Science Resume - Jun 6, 2022.
Recruiters look at a resume for 7.4 seconds before making a decision on the candidate. So that means you have basically less than 10 seconds to make a good impression. 10 seconds is not a lot of time; especially when you really want this job.
- Top Industries and Employers Hiring Data Scientists in 2022 - Jun 2, 2022.
This article presents the top industries and companies that are currently actively hiring data scientists.
- 21 Cheat Sheets for Data Science Interviews - Jun 1, 2022.
This article has researched and presents the best data science cheat sheets from around the internet, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
- The Definitive Guide To Switching Your Career Into Data Science - May 27, 2022.
Colossal amounts of data need to be dealt with by specialists. It’s no wonder then that the job prospects in this industry are expected to rise much faster than in other occupations.
- 7 Unique Skills That Set Data Scientists Apart From Other Professions - May 24, 2022.
To be a data scientist, and especially to be a good one, you need these seven skills to do your job and stand out. These seven skills also transfer really well to other professions.
- 3 Reasons Why Teamwork is an Essential Skill in Data Science - May 24, 2022.
This article will discuss 3 important reasons why teamwork is so crucial in real-world data science projects.
- Top Jobs and Salaries in Data Science in 2022 - May 23, 2022.
If you are looking to get into the field, you are probably looking for something that you are interested in, but also know that you have a nicely compensated salary. Read more here.
- 5 Ways to Double Your Income with Data Science - May 18, 2022.
Here’s how you can use your data skills to generate side income from home.
- 6 Soft Skills for Data Scientists Working Remotely - May 17, 2022.
As a data scientist, you might have a great portfolio of technical skills, but if you can’t communicate effectively, you won’t be able to convey your ideas clearly during virtual meetings
- Software Developer vs Software Engineer - May 3, 2022.
The terms developer and engineer are used synonymously, making it difficult to understand the difference between the two in the midst of a conversation.
- 6 Highest Paying Companies for Data Scientists - May 2, 2022.
These are the six top paying companies for data scientists. I’ve looked at absolute salary, but I’ll fill you in on other factors you should consider as well when it comes to picking a data science job for money.
- Best Data Science Career Tracks of 2022 - Apr 29, 2022.
Top-rated data science tracks consist of multiple project-based courses covering all aspects of data. It includes an introduction to Python/R, data ingestion & manipulation, data visualization, machine learning, and reporting.
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained - Apr 27, 2022.
In this article, we will have a look at five distinct data careers, and hopefully provide some advice on how to get one's feet wet in this convoluted field.
- 15 Python Coding Interview Questions You Must Know For Data Science - Apr 27, 2022.
Solving the Python coding interview questions is the best way to get ready for an interview. That’s why we’ll lead you through 15 examples and five concepts these questions cover.
- Qualities Hiring Managers Are Looking For in Data Scientists - Apr 22, 2022.
Soft skills are just as important to hiring data science managers as hard skills.
- How to Write Engaging Technical Blogs - Apr 15, 2022.
Learn the rules for writing technical blogs, and increase unique views tenfold. Focusing on title, images, vocabulary, code blocks, writing style, and social media promotion can help you build a solid brand.
- Data Science Interview Guide – Part 2: Interview Resources - Apr 14, 2022.
Check out these resources to help you prepare for your data science Interview, or for those who are brushing up on their technical skills or who want to start learning data science.
- 5 Things That Set a Data Scientist Apart From Other Professions - Apr 13, 2022.
Here are five things that help set the data scientist apart from other professions.
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Avoid a Data Science Career - Apr 12, 2022.
The intent of this article is to give you a reality check of what are the personality traits of a typical data scientist before you dip your feet in the ocean of the big shiny world of data science.
- Data Science Interview Guide – Part 1: The Structure - Apr 7, 2022.
According to one source, the types of questions that will generally be asked in data scientist interviews can be broken down into five categories. Let's take a closer look.
- What’s the Difference Between Data Analysts and Data Scientists? - Mar 29, 2022.
This article will help you understand what data analysts and data scientists do with data in detail.
- Top 13 Skills That Every Data Scientist Should Have - Mar 28, 2022.
Let me walk you through the top 13 data science skills that you should have to become a successful data scientist. Following this outline, you’ll have a great path of digestible steps to educate yourself and be prepared to apply for data scientist positions.
- Junior vs Senior Data Scientist Salary: What’s the Difference? - Mar 24, 2022.
Check out this US salary deep dive for 2022 career decisions, work, & interests.
- A Guide On How To Become A Data Scientist (Step By Step Approach) - Mar 22, 2022.
Becoming a Data Scientists is an exciting path, but you cannot learn data science within one year or six months—instead, it’s a lifetime process that you have to follow with proper dedication and hard work. To guide your journey, the skills outlined here are the first you must acquire to become a data scientist.
- Why Are So Many Data Scientists Quitting Their Jobs? - Mar 21, 2022.
After speaking to co-workers in the data industry who like me, had left their jobs at a very early stage in their career, I’ve come to realize that there are two main reasons the data science field has such a high employee attrition rate.
- Become a Data Science Professional in Five Steps - Mar 14, 2022.
If your new year's resolution was to start a career in data science but you have stalled, simply follow these easy steps to acquire professional certification within a year.
- Maximize Your Productivity as a Data Scientist by Organizing - Mar 10, 2022.
Read some tips on getting organized when it comes to working with data.
- Data Science: Reality vs Expectations - Mar 8, 2022.
In the majority of companies, the executives in charge of data science and the decision-making process using data science, have little or no education or understanding in actual data science. Where does this leave you, the data scientist?
- Women in the World of Data - Mar 2, 2022.
When it comes to Data Science, many people affiliate the career path as being ‘nerdy’. An industry for men, smart men; pushing women further and further away from the career. What can be done about this, and why is it important?
- 6 Data Science Startups To Work For In 2022 - Feb 28, 2022.
If you’re looking to put your skills to the test, here are the top six startups you should consider working for in 2022.
- How Much Do Data Scientists Make in 2022? - Feb 25, 2022.
The data scientist salary - the past, the present, and a little bit of the future.
- The Challenges of Being a Data Scientist - Feb 21, 2022.
According to a Stack Overflow survey, 13.2% of the data scientists are looking for a new job, as they are not satisfied in their current role. So why is this happening? What are the challenges Data Scientists are facing?
- How to Become a Successful Data Science Freelancer in 2022 - Feb 16, 2022.
In this article, I will walk you through how you can use your data science skills to land freelance gigs.
- Junior Data Scientist: The Next Level - Feb 10, 2022.
There is a difference in the level of experience compared to Junior, Mid-Level, and Senior Data Scientists. This article will go through the expectations for all job roles and what is required to move up the ladder.
- How to Build Your Career in Data Science - Feb 1, 2022.
If you’re a Data Scientist and you’re setting your 2022 goals to improve and build your career, you’ve landed on the right page.
- How To Design Your Data Science Portfolio - Jan 31, 2022.
Read this overview of how the author created a data science portfolio that stands out and gets noticed.
- What to Expect From Your Career Path as a Data Scientist - Jan 28, 2022.
Learn about the roles between you and the Director of Data Science.
- Unable to Land a Data Science Job? Here’s Why - Jan 26, 2022.
You’ve been taking the wrong advice.
- Why Humbling Yourself Will Improve Your Data Science Skills - Jan 21, 2022.
Your first job is always going to be frightening. You will feel anxious and nervous to speak your own opinion. I will go through a few points that I believe everybody should incorporate into their work and personal life.
- How to Grow as a Data Scientist in an Ever-Changing World - Jan 21, 2022.
Just like tradespeople need to grow in their skill sets, data scientists must also grow in the ever-changing world we inhabit. With that said, let’s break down how you can evolve your data science skills while progressing your career.
- How to Answer Data Science Coding Interview Questions - Jan 20, 2022.
Use this checklist to make sure your answer to the data science coding interview questions is on the right track.
- The High Paying Side Hustles for Data Scientists - Jan 20, 2022.
Learn about some unconventional ways to boost your income by freelancing, contracting, copywriting, career counseling, and consultancy.
- Data Scientist vs Data Analyst vs Data Engineer - Jan 17, 2022.
In this article, I will describe three of the most promising career options within the data industry — data analytics, data science, and data engineering.
- A Deep Look Into 13 Data Scientist Roles and Their Responsibilities - Jan 13, 2022.
Any modern company of any significant size around the world has a data science department, and a data engineer at one company might have the same responsibilities as a marketing scientist at another company. Data science jobs are not well-labeled, so make sure to cast a wide net.
- Context, Consistency, And Collaboration Are Essential For Data Science Success - Jan 12, 2022.
It’s crucial to investigate the reasons why data science teams require context, consistency, and secure collaboration of their data to ensure data science success. Let's quickly examine each of these requirements so that we can better understand what data science success moving forward may look like.
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind Before Selecting Your Next Data Science Job - Jan 12, 2022.
These are some of the most critical questions that I think are important to consider when selecting the next job.
- Deliver a Killer Presentation in Data Science Interviews - Jan 7, 2022.
How to present yourself as a strong candidate in interview presentations.
- 11 Best Companies to Work for as a Data Scientist - Dec 30, 2021.
This list of best data science companies aims to go beyond the usual and expected. Some great and perhaps underrated options to get a job as a data scientist.
Career Advice, Companies, Data Scientist
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n48, Dec 22: Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 22, 2021.
Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist; A Full End-to-End Deployment of a Machine Learning Algorithm into a Live Production Environment; The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist; Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science
Career Advice, Data Science, Programming, Python
- How to Get Into Data Analytics If You Don’t Have the Right Degree - Dec 20, 2021.
So, is a career in data analytics a good fit for you?
Career Advice, Data Analyst, Data Analytics
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist - Dec 17, 2021.
I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist
- How I 14Xed my salary in 14 years as a data analytics/science professional - Dec 16, 2021.
Learn how one data scientist increased their full-time job salary 14 times in 14 years of a career, with highlights on experiencing an IPO, RSUs, start-ups and working at FAANG companies.
Career Advice, Data Scientist, Industry, Salary
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 15, 2021.
Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist
- My First Six Months as a Data Scientist - Dec 13, 2021.
The technical and non-technical lessons I’ve learned.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science - Dec 10, 2021.
How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist
- How Data Scientists Can Get the Ear of CFOs (And Why You Want It) - Dec 8, 2021.
Hey, data scientists! Here’s how to bend your CFO’s ear, equip your company with high-quality analysis, and boost your value and career in the process.
Analytics, Career Advice, Data Scientist
- What Does a Data Scientist Do? - Dec 6, 2021.
This guide provides you with the best possible, most direct, and clear answers to "What is data science?" and "What does a data scientist do?".
Advice, Career Advice, Data Science, Data Science Education, Data Scientist, Roles, Salary
- How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist - Dec 3, 2021.
If you are early in your journey to becoming a Data Scientist, an interesting option is to earn certification by DataCamp, and this guide offers tips that will help beginners complete the challenges.
Career Advice, Certification, Data Science Certificate, DataCamp
- Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists - Nov 29, 2021.
The hiring run for data scientists continues along at a strong clip around the world. But, there are other emerging roles that are demonstrating key value to organizations that you should consider based on your existing or desired skill sets.
Career Advice, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer
- What’s the difference between a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst? - Nov 25, 2021.
Find out the major differences between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist, and read the author's pointers on what they would recommend you to do if you wish to make that transition from Data Analyst to Data Scientist.
Career Advice, Data Analyst, Data Analytics, Data Science, Data Scientist
- 5 Tips to Get Your First Data Scientist Job - Nov 22, 2021.
Read some of the key things the author has learned during the infamous job seeking stage.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist
- Data Scientists: How to Sell Your Project and Yourself - Nov 18, 2021.
Follow this formula for the perfect elevator pitch.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist, Project
- Virtual Presentation Tips for Data Scientists - Nov 16, 2021.
Learn how to effectively communicate your work.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist, Presentation, Visualization
- Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network - Nov 10, 2021.
Instead, focus on what matters.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Science Skills
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n43, Nov 10: Data Scientist Career Path from Novice to First Job; Neural Networks from a Bayesian Perspective - Nov 10, 2021.
Data Scientist Career Path: from Novice to First Job; Understand Neural Networks from a Bayesian Perspective; The Best Ways for Data Professionals to Market AWS Skills; Build Your Own Automated Machine Learning App.
Bayesian, Career Advice, Data Scientist, Neural Networks
- The Common Misconceptions About Machine Learning - Nov 9, 2021.
Beginners in the field can often have many misconceptions about machine learning that sometimes can be a make-it-or-break-it moment for the individual switching careers or starting fresh. This article clearly describes the ground truth realities about learning new ML skills and eventually working professionally as a machine learning engineer.
Beginners, Career Advice, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Machine Learning Engineer
- The Best Ways for Data Professionals to Market AWS Skills in 2022 - Nov 5, 2021.
Knowing your way around Amazon Web Services (AWS) is increasingly useful. Here are five ways to market your AWS skills in today’s job market.
AWS, Career Advice, Data Science Skills, Data Scientist
- Data Scientist Career Path from Novice to First Job - Nov 3, 2021.
If you are beginning your data science journey, then you must be prepared to plan it out as a step-by-step process that will guide you from being a total newbie to getting your first job as a data scientist. These tips and educational resources should be useful for you and add confidence as you take that first big step.
Beginners, Career Advice, Data Scientist
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n42, Nov 3: Google Recommendations Before Taking Their Machine Learning Course; Guide to Data Science Jobs - Nov 3, 2021.
What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course; A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs; Analyze Python Code in Jupyter Notebooks; Machine Learning Model Development and Model Operations: Principles and Practices; Want to Join a Bank? Everything Data Scientists Need to Know About Working in Fintech
Career Advice, Data Science, Finance, Google, Jobs, Jupyter, Machine Learning, Python
- Salary Breakdown of the Top Data Science Jobs - Nov 2, 2021.
Machine Learning vs NLP vs Data Engineer vs Data Scientist, and what it means to be in each role.
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, NLP, Salary
- Want to Join a Bank? Everything Data Scientists Need to Know About Working in Fintech - Oct 28, 2021.
There is ample opportunity for data scientists in the financial services sector. The career experience can be very different, however, from similar roles at pure technology organizations. So, it's best to first consider if this industry is right for your interests, preferences for how you work, and long-term goals.
Career Advice, Data Scientist, Finance, Fintech
- A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs - Oct 27, 2021.
The field of data science is growing into one that features a variety of job titles This guide reviews different positions available for you to consider if you have a data science background.
Business Analyst, Career Advice, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Jobs, Machine Learning Engineer
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n41, Oct 27: How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months; Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary - Oct 27, 2021.
Read "How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months"; Compare Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary; Learn To Reproduce Research Papers; Exclusive: OpenAI summarizes KDnuggets; Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not); and more.
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Salary
- How To Defeat The Machine Learning Engineer Impostor Syndrome - Oct 26, 2021.
How many times have you taken yet another online course on machine learning or read yet another paper on a new emerging topic, to be up-to-date in this crazy fast-paced AI/ML world -- only to keep feeling like an ML engineer impostor? These three personal tips can help you overcome the classic (and common) impostor syndrome behind every emerging ML engineer who wants to be better at what you do.
Career Advice, Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not) - Oct 20, 2021.
Choosing what to include in your data science portfolio during the job search is the most important part of the process. Each project should be well-structured so that a hiring manager can assess your skills quickly. To help you get started, we highlight a few data science project ideas that you should consider for your portfolio.
Career Advice, Data Science, Portfolio, Project
- Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary - Oct 20, 2021.
What are the differences between these two popular tech roles?
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Salary
- How Data Professionals Can Impress Even When Busy - Oct 19, 2021.
While there may be plenty of room for advancement even when busy, how to achieve that isn’t always clear. In that spirit, here are five ways you can impress your company leadership.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist
- 11 Most Practical Data Science Skills for 2022 - Oct 19, 2021.
While the field of data science continues to evolve with exciting new progress in analytical approaches and machine learning, there remain a core set of skills that are foundational for all general practitioners and specialists, especially those who want to be employable with full-stack capabilities.
Career Advice, Data Science Skills, Explainable AI, Feature Engineering, GitHub, NLP, Regression, SQL
- Avoid These Five Behaviors That Make You Look Like A Data Novice - Oct 18, 2021.
If you are new to the Data Science industry or a well-versed veteran in all things data and analytics, there are always key pitfalls that each of us can easily slide into if we are not careful. These behaviors not only make us appear like novices, but they can risk our position as a trustworthy, likable data partner with stakeholder.
Beginners, Career Advice
- Will Your Job be Replaced by a Machine? - Oct 13, 2021.
Yes! It will happen. However, you can pivot and thrive in this disruptive time by becoming a Citizen Developer!
Automation, Career Advice
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n39, Oct 13: 8 Must-Have Git Commands for Data Scientists; 38 Free Courses on Coursera for Data Science - Oct 13, 2021.
The 8 Git commands Data Scientists should know; 38 free courses on Coursera for Data Science; How to query your Pandas DataFrames with SQL; Why You Need Python Skills as a Machine Learning Engineer; and more.
Career Advice, Data Scientist, GitHub, Pandas, SQL
- Choose The Right Job in Data: 5 Signs To Look For In An Engineering Culture - Oct 8, 2021.
Software engineers seeking jobs at data companies face a new problem: choosing the right job out of all the options. Learn the 5 signs that signal an agile and innovative engineering culture.
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Science, Software Engineering
- Advanced Statistical Concepts in Data Science - Sep 30, 2021.
The article contains some of the most commonly used advanced statistical concepts along with their Python implementation.
Career Advice, Data Science, Distribution, Probability, Statistics
- Path to Full Stack Data Science - Sep 27, 2021.
Start your journey toward mastering all aspects of the field of Data Science with this focused list of in-depth self-learning resources. Curated with the beginner in mind, these recommendations will help you learn efficiently, and can also offer existing professionals useful highlights for review or help filling in any gaps in skills.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Science Education, Data Visualization, Mathematics, Python, R, Roadmap
- How Data Scientists Can Compete in the Global Job Market - Sep 24, 2021.
Data scientists wanting to stay competitive or break into the field will need the right approach. These techniques will help them search for and secure a new position.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Scientist
- How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree - Sep 20, 2021.
Breaking into data science as a professional does require technical skills, a well-honed knack for problem-solving, and a willingness to swim in oceans of data. Maybe you are coming in as a career change or ready to take a new learning path in life--without having previously earned an advanced degree in a STEM field. Follow these tips to find your way into this high-demand and interesting field.
Career Advice, Data Science Education, Data Scientist, Project, Python, SQL
- 3 Most Important Lessons I’ve Learned 3 Years Into My Data Science Career - Sep 13, 2021.
After only 3 years of working as a data professional, many tried-and-true lessons can be learned. Here are 3 of the most important lessons learned with key takeaways and reflections shared.
Career, Career Advice, Communication, Data Science, Data Science Skills
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist - Sep 9, 2021.
This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
Career Advice, Data Analysis, Data Analyst, Data Science, Data Scientist
- The Top Industries Hiring Data Scientists in 2021 - Aug 30, 2021.
People realize that effective uses of data can increase competitiveness, even in a challenging marketplace. Here are six industries hiring data scientists now that will likely continue doing so for the foreseeable future.
Career Advice, Finance, Insurance, Life Science, Telecom
- The Most Important Tool for Data Engineers - Aug 26, 2021.
And it has nothing to do with Python or SQL
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Engineering
- 5 Data Science Career Mistakes To Avoid - Aug 19, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
Career Advice, Data Science, Mistakes