- The Definitive Guide To Switching Your Career Into Data Science - May 27, 2022.
Colossal amounts of data need to be dealt with by specialists. It’s no wonder then that the job prospects in this industry are expected to rise much faster than in other occupations.
- 7 Unique Skills That Set Data Scientists Apart From Other Professions - May 24, 2022.
To be a data scientist, and especially to be a good one, you need these seven skills to do your job and stand out. These seven skills also transfer really well to other professions.
- 3 Reasons Why Teamwork is an Essential Skill in Data Science - May 24, 2022.
This article will discuss 3 important reasons why teamwork is so crucial in real-world data science projects.
- Top Jobs and Salaries in Data Science in 2022 - May 23, 2022.
If you are looking to get into the field, you are probably looking for something that you are interested in, but also know that you have a nicely compensated salary. Read more here.
- 5 Ways to Double Your Income with Data Science - May 18, 2022.
Here’s how you can use your data skills to generate side income from home.
- 6 Soft Skills for Data Scientists Working Remotely - May 17, 2022.
As a data scientist, you might have a great portfolio of technical skills, but if you can’t communicate effectively, you won’t be able to convey your ideas clearly during virtual meetings
- Software Developer vs Software Engineer - May 3, 2022.
The terms developer and engineer are used synonymously, making it difficult to understand the difference between the two in the midst of a conversation.
- 6 Highest Paying Companies for Data Scientists - May 2, 2022.
These are the six top paying companies for data scientists. I’ve looked at absolute salary, but I’ll fill you in on other factors you should consider as well when it comes to picking a data science job for money.
- Best Data Science Career Tracks of 2022 - Apr 29, 2022.
Top-rated data science tracks consist of multiple project-based courses covering all aspects of data. It includes an introduction to Python/R, data ingestion & manipulation, data visualization, machine learning, and reporting.
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained - Apr 27, 2022.
In this article, we will have a look at five distinct data careers, and hopefully provide some advice on how to get one's feet wet in this convoluted field.
- 15 Python Coding Interview Questions You Must Know For Data Science - Apr 27, 2022.
Solving the Python coding interview questions is the best way to get ready for an interview. That’s why we’ll lead you through 15 examples and five concepts these questions cover.
- Qualities Hiring Managers Are Looking For in Data Scientists - Apr 22, 2022.
Soft skills are just as important to hiring data science managers as hard skills.
- How to Write Engaging Technical Blogs - Apr 15, 2022.
Learn the rules for writing technical blogs, and increase unique views tenfold. Focusing on title, images, vocabulary, code blocks, writing style, and social media promotion can help you build a solid brand.
- Data Science Interview Guide – Part 2: Interview Resources - Apr 14, 2022.
Check out these resources to help you prepare for your data science Interview, or for those who are brushing up on their technical skills or who want to start learning data science.
- 5 Things That Set a Data Scientist Apart From Other Professions - Apr 13, 2022.
Here are five things that help set the data scientist apart from other professions.
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Avoid a Data Science Career - Apr 12, 2022.
The intent of this article is to give you a reality check of what are the personality traits of a typical data scientist before you dip your feet in the ocean of the big shiny world of data science.
- Data Science Interview Guide – Part 1: The Structure - Apr 7, 2022.
According to one source, the types of questions that will generally be asked in data scientist interviews can be broken down into five categories. Let's take a closer look.
- What’s the Difference Between Data Analysts and Data Scientists? - Mar 29, 2022.
This article will help you understand what data analysts and data scientists do with data in detail.
- Top 13 Skills That Every Data Scientist Should Have - Mar 28, 2022.
Let me walk you through the top 13 data science skills that you should have to become a successful data scientist. Following this outline, you’ll have a great path of digestible steps to educate yourself and be prepared to apply for data scientist positions.
- Junior vs Senior Data Scientist Salary: What’s the Difference? - Mar 24, 2022.
Check out this US salary deep dive for 2022 career decisions, work, & interests.
- A Guide On How To Become A Data Scientist (Step By Step Approach) - Mar 22, 2022.
Becoming a Data Scientists is an exciting path, but you cannot learn data science within one year or six months—instead, it’s a lifetime process that you have to follow with proper dedication and hard work. To guide your journey, the skills outlined here are the first you must acquire to become a data scientist.
- Why Are So Many Data Scientists Quitting Their Jobs? - Mar 21, 2022.
After speaking to co-workers in the data industry who like me, had left their jobs at a very early stage in their career, I’ve come to realize that there are two main reasons the data science field has such a high employee attrition rate.
- Become a Data Science Professional in Five Steps - Mar 14, 2022.
If your new year's resolution was to start a career in data science but you have stalled, simply follow these easy steps to acquire professional certification within a year.
- Maximize Your Productivity as a Data Scientist by Organizing - Mar 10, 2022.
Read some tips on getting organized when it comes to working with data.
- Data Science: Reality vs Expectations - Mar 8, 2022.
In the majority of companies, the executives in charge of data science and the decision-making process using data science, have little or no education or understanding in actual data science. Where does this leave you, the data scientist?
- Women in the World of Data - Mar 2, 2022.
When it comes to Data Science, many people affiliate the career path as being ‘nerdy’. An industry for men, smart men; pushing women further and further away from the career. What can be done about this, and why is it important?
- 6 Data Science Startups To Work For In 2022 - Feb 28, 2022.
If you’re looking to put your skills to the test, here are the top six startups you should consider working for in 2022.
- How Much Do Data Scientists Make in 2022? - Feb 25, 2022.
The data scientist salary - the past, the present, and a little bit of the future.
- The Challenges of Being a Data Scientist - Feb 21, 2022.
According to a Stack Overflow survey, 13.2% of the data scientists are looking for a new job, as they are not satisfied in their current role. So why is this happening? What are the challenges Data Scientists are facing?
- How to Become a Successful Data Science Freelancer in 2022 - Feb 16, 2022.
In this article, I will walk you through how you can use your data science skills to land freelance gigs.
- Junior Data Scientist: The Next Level - Feb 10, 2022.
There is a difference in the level of experience compared to Junior, Mid-Level, and Senior Data Scientists. This article will go through the expectations for all job roles and what is required to move up the ladder.
- How to Build Your Career in Data Science - Feb 1, 2022.
If you’re a Data Scientist and you’re setting your 2022 goals to improve and build your career, you’ve landed on the right page.
- How To Design Your Data Science Portfolio - Jan 31, 2022.
Read this overview of how the author created a data science portfolio that stands out and gets noticed.
- What to Expect From Your Career Path as a Data Scientist - Jan 28, 2022.
Learn about the roles between you and the Director of Data Science.
- Unable to Land a Data Science Job? Here’s Why - Jan 26, 2022.
You’ve been taking the wrong advice.
- Why Humbling Yourself Will Improve Your Data Science Skills - Jan 21, 2022.
Your first job is always going to be frightening. You will feel anxious and nervous to speak your own opinion. I will go through a few points that I believe everybody should incorporate into their work and personal life.
- How to Grow as a Data Scientist in an Ever-Changing World - Jan 21, 2022.
Just like tradespeople need to grow in their skill sets, data scientists must also grow in the ever-changing world we inhabit. With that said, let’s break down how you can evolve your data science skills while progressing your career.
- How to Answer Data Science Coding Interview Questions - Jan 20, 2022.
Use this checklist to make sure your answer to the data science coding interview questions is on the right track.
- The High Paying Side Hustles for Data Scientists - Jan 20, 2022.
Learn about some unconventional ways to boost your income by freelancing, contracting, copywriting, career counseling, and consultancy.
- Data Scientist vs Data Analyst vs Data Engineer - Jan 17, 2022.
In this article, I will describe three of the most promising career options within the data industry — data analytics, data science, and data engineering.
- A Deep Look Into 13 Data Scientist Roles and Their Responsibilities - Jan 13, 2022.
Any modern company of any significant size around the world has a data science department, and a data engineer at one company might have the same responsibilities as a marketing scientist at another company. Data science jobs are not well-labeled, so make sure to cast a wide net.
- Context, Consistency, And Collaboration Are Essential For Data Science Success - Jan 12, 2022.
It’s crucial to investigate the reasons why data science teams require context, consistency, and secure collaboration of their data to ensure data science success. Let's quickly examine each of these requirements so that we can better understand what data science success moving forward may look like.
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind Before Selecting Your Next Data Science Job - Jan 12, 2022.
These are some of the most critical questions that I think are important to consider when selecting the next job.
- Is Data Science a Dying Career? - Jan 10, 2022.
At the end of the day, the value a data scientist provides to an organization lies in their ability to apply data to real-world use cases.
- Deliver a Killer Presentation in Data Science Interviews - Jan 7, 2022.
How to present yourself as a strong candidate in interview presentations.
- How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months - Jan 3, 2022.
Over a year ago, I lost my job due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During this this, I taught myself data science and tripled my income.
- 11 Best Companies to Work for as a Data Scientist - Dec 30, 2021.
This list of best data science companies aims to go beyond the usual and expected. Some great and perhaps underrated options to get a job as a data scientist.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n48, Dec 22: Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 22, 2021.
Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist; A Full End-to-End Deployment of a Machine Learning Algorithm into a Live Production Environment; The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist; Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science
- How to Get Into Data Analytics If You Don’t Have the Right Degree - Dec 20, 2021.
So, is a career in data analytics a good fit for you?
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist - Dec 17, 2021.
I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- How I 14Xed my salary in 14 years as a data analytics/science professional - Dec 16, 2021.
Learn how one data scientist increased their full-time job salary 14 times in 14 years of a career, with highlights on experiencing an IPO, RSUs, start-ups and working at FAANG companies.
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 15, 2021.
Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
- My First Six Months as a Data Scientist - Dec 13, 2021.
The technical and non-technical lessons I’ve learned.
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science - Dec 10, 2021.
How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
- How Data Scientists Can Get the Ear of CFOs (And Why You Want It) - Dec 8, 2021.
Hey, data scientists! Here’s how to bend your CFO’s ear, equip your company with high-quality analysis, and boost your value and career in the process.
- What Does a Data Scientist Do? - Dec 6, 2021.
This guide provides you with the best possible, most direct, and clear answers to "What is data science?" and "What does a data scientist do?".
- How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist - Dec 3, 2021.
If you are early in your journey to becoming a Data Scientist, an interesting option is to earn certification by DataCamp, and this guide offers tips that will help beginners complete the challenges.
- Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists - Nov 29, 2021.
The hiring run for data scientists continues along at a strong clip around the world. But, there are other emerging roles that are demonstrating key value to organizations that you should consider based on your existing or desired skill sets.
- What’s the difference between a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst? - Nov 25, 2021.
Find out the major differences between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist, and read the author's pointers on what they would recommend you to do if you wish to make that transition from Data Analyst to Data Scientist.
- 5 Tips to Get Your First Data Scientist Job - Nov 22, 2021.
Read some of the key things the author has learned during the infamous job seeking stage.
- Data Scientists: How to Sell Your Project and Yourself - Nov 18, 2021.
Follow this formula for the perfect elevator pitch.
- Virtual Presentation Tips for Data Scientists - Nov 16, 2021.
Learn how to effectively communicate your work.
- Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network - Nov 10, 2021.
Instead, focus on what matters.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n43, Nov 10: Data Scientist Career Path from Novice to First Job; Neural Networks from a Bayesian Perspective - Nov 10, 2021.
Data Scientist Career Path: from Novice to First Job; Understand Neural Networks from a Bayesian Perspective; The Best Ways for Data Professionals to Market AWS Skills; Build Your Own Automated Machine Learning App.
- The Common Misconceptions About Machine Learning - Nov 9, 2021.
Beginners in the field can often have many misconceptions about machine learning that sometimes can be a make-it-or-break-it moment for the individual switching careers or starting fresh. This article clearly describes the ground truth realities about learning new ML skills and eventually working professionally as a machine learning engineer.
- The Best Ways for Data Professionals to Market AWS Skills in 2022 - Nov 5, 2021.
Knowing your way around Amazon Web Services (AWS) is increasingly useful. Here are five ways to market your AWS skills in today’s job market.
- Data Scientist Career Path from Novice to First Job - Nov 3, 2021.
If you are beginning your data science journey, then you must be prepared to plan it out as a step-by-step process that will guide you from being a total newbie to getting your first job as a data scientist. These tips and educational resources should be useful for you and add confidence as you take that first big step.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n42, Nov 3: Google Recommendations Before Taking Their Machine Learning Course; Guide to Data Science Jobs - Nov 3, 2021.
What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course; A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs; Analyze Python Code in Jupyter Notebooks; Machine Learning Model Development and Model Operations: Principles and Practices; Want to Join a Bank? Everything Data Scientists Need to Know About Working in Fintech
- Salary Breakdown of the Top Data Science Jobs - Nov 2, 2021.
Machine Learning vs NLP vs Data Engineer vs Data Scientist, and what it means to be in each role.
- Want to Join a Bank? Everything Data Scientists Need to Know About Working in Fintech - Oct 28, 2021.
There is ample opportunity for data scientists in the financial services sector. The career experience can be very different, however, from similar roles at pure technology organizations. So, it's best to first consider if this industry is right for your interests, preferences for how you work, and long-term goals.
- A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs - Oct 27, 2021.
The field of data science is growing into one that features a variety of job titles This guide reviews different positions available for you to consider if you have a data science background.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n41, Oct 27: How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months; Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary - Oct 27, 2021.
Read "How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months"; Compare Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary; Learn To Reproduce Research Papers; Exclusive: OpenAI summarizes KDnuggets; Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not); and more.
- How To Defeat The Machine Learning Engineer Impostor Syndrome - Oct 26, 2021.
How many times have you taken yet another online course on machine learning or read yet another paper on a new emerging topic, to be up-to-date in this crazy fast-paced AI/ML world -- only to keep feeling like an ML engineer impostor? These three personal tips can help you overcome the classic (and common) impostor syndrome behind every emerging ML engineer who wants to be better at what you do.
- Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not) - Oct 20, 2021.
Choosing what to include in your data science portfolio during the job search is the most important part of the process. Each project should be well-structured so that a hiring manager can assess your skills quickly. To help you get started, we highlight a few data science project ideas that you should consider for your portfolio.
- Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary - Oct 20, 2021.
What are the differences between these two popular tech roles?
- How Data Professionals Can Impress Even When Busy - Oct 19, 2021.
While there may be plenty of room for advancement even when busy, how to achieve that isn’t always clear. In that spirit, here are five ways you can impress your company leadership.
- 11 Most Practical Data Science Skills for 2022 - Oct 19, 2021.
While the field of data science continues to evolve with exciting new progress in analytical approaches and machine learning, there remain a core set of skills that are foundational for all general practitioners and specialists, especially those who want to be employable with full-stack capabilities.
- Avoid These Five Behaviors That Make You Look Like A Data Novice - Oct 18, 2021.
If you are new to the Data Science industry or a well-versed veteran in all things data and analytics, there are always key pitfalls that each of us can easily slide into if we are not careful. These behaviors not only make us appear like novices, but they can risk our position as a trustworthy, likable data partner with stakeholder.
- Will Your Job be Replaced by a Machine? - Oct 13, 2021.
Yes! It will happen. However, you can pivot and thrive in this disruptive time by becoming a Citizen Developer!
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n39, Oct 13: 8 Must-Have Git Commands for Data Scientists; 38 Free Courses on Coursera for Data Science - Oct 13, 2021.
The 8 Git commands Data Scientists should know; 38 free courses on Coursera for Data Science; How to query your Pandas DataFrames with SQL; Why You Need Python Skills as a Machine Learning Engineer; and more.
- Choose The Right Job in Data: 5 Signs To Look For In An Engineering Culture - Oct 8, 2021.
Software engineers seeking jobs at data companies face a new problem: choosing the right job out of all the options. Learn the 5 signs that signal an agile and innovative engineering culture.
- Advanced Statistical Concepts in Data Science - Sep 30, 2021.
The article contains some of the most commonly used advanced statistical concepts along with their Python implementation.
- Path to Full Stack Data Science - Sep 27, 2021.
Start your journey toward mastering all aspects of the field of Data Science with this focused list of in-depth self-learning resources. Curated with the beginner in mind, these recommendations will help you learn efficiently, and can also offer existing professionals useful highlights for review or help filling in any gaps in skills.
- How Data Scientists Can Compete in the Global Job Market - Sep 24, 2021.
Data scientists wanting to stay competitive or break into the field will need the right approach. These techniques will help them search for and secure a new position.
- How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree - Sep 20, 2021.
Breaking into data science as a professional does require technical skills, a well-honed knack for problem-solving, and a willingness to swim in oceans of data. Maybe you are coming in as a career change or ready to take a new learning path in life--without having previously earned an advanced degree in a STEM field. Follow these tips to find your way into this high-demand and interesting field.
- 3 Most Important Lessons I’ve Learned 3 Years Into My Data Science Career - Sep 13, 2021.
After only 3 years of working as a data professional, many tried-and-true lessons can be learned. Here are 3 of the most important lessons learned with key takeaways and reflections shared.
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist - Sep 9, 2021.
This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
- The Top Industries Hiring Data Scientists in 2021 - Aug 30, 2021.
People realize that effective uses of data can increase competitiveness, even in a challenging marketplace. Here are six industries hiring data scientists now that will likely continue doing so for the foreseeable future.
- The Most Important Tool for Data Engineers - Aug 26, 2021.
And it has nothing to do with Python or SQL
- 5 Data Science Career Mistakes To Avoid - Aug 19, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
- 15 Things I Look for in Data Science Candidates - Aug 19, 2021.
This article presents advice for anyone looking or hiring for data science jobs, written by someone with practical and useful insight.
- 3 mindset changes to become a better analyst - Aug 12, 2021.
Once fresh out of school and ready to burst into an organization as a new hire with newly-developed skills and knowledge, many have learned that things tend to be a little different in the "real world" compared to university. A few shifts in your approach to continued learning and expanding your confidence might help you professionally reach a little further, faster.
- The Difference Between Data Scientists and ML Engineers - Aug 11, 2021.
What's the difference? Responsibilities, expertise, and salary expectations.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n30, Aug 11: Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; How Visualization is Transforming Exploratory Data Analysis - Aug 11, 2021.
Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; How Visualization is Transforming Exploratory Data Analysis; How To Become A Freelance Data Scientist – 4 Practical Tips; How to Query Your Pandas Dataframe; Essential Math for Data Science: Introduction to Systems of Linear Equations
- How My Learning Path Changed After Becoming a Data Scientist - Aug 10, 2021.
I keep learning but in a different way.
- How To Become A Freelance Data Scientist – 4 Practical Tips - Aug 4, 2021.
If you are a nerd-ish data scientist who wants to start working as an independent (remote) freelance data scientist, then these four practical tips can help you transition from the traditional 9-to-5 job to a dynamic experience as a remote contractor, just as the author did three years ago.
- How To 2x Your Data Analytics Consulting Rates (Overnight) - Aug 3, 2021.
Looking to up your data analytics consulting rates? Learn exactly what most freelancers are charging, and the rates you SHOULD be charging as a business intelligence and analytics consultant. This post will show you what you need to know to achieve maximum results for your data consulting career.
- 5 Mistakes I Wish I Had Avoided in My Data Science Career - Jul 26, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
- Why and how should you learn “Productive Data Science”? - Jul 26, 2021.
What is Productive Data Science and what are some of its components?
- How Can You Distinguish Yourself from Hundreds of Other Data Science Candidates? - Jul 13, 2021.
A few easy (and not-so-easy) ways to prove to employers that your skills and attitudes place you in a higher bracket.
- Become an Analytics Engineer in 90 Days - Jul 12, 2021.
A new role of the Analytics Engineer is an exciting opportunity that crosses the skill sets of a Data Analyst and Data Engineer. Here, we describe how this position can evolve at an organization, and recommend self-learning resources that can be used to prepare for the multifaceted responsibilities.
- How to Get Practical Data Science Experience to be Career-Ready - Jul 7, 2021.
Becoming a professional in the field of data science takes more than just book-smarts. You need to have experience with real-world data sets, frequently-used tools, and an intuition for solutions that you can only gain from hands-on experience. These resources will jump start developing your practical skills.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n25, Jul 7: Data Scientists and ML Engineers Are Luxury Employees; 5 Lessons from McKinsey That Will Make You a Better Data Scientist - Jul 7, 2021.
Are Data Scientists and ML Engineers Luxury Employees? 5 Lessons McKinsey Taught Me That Will Make You a Better Data Scientist; Managing Your Reusable Python Code as a Data Scientist; GitHub Copilot: Your AI pair programmer - what is all the fuss about? and more.
- How To Transition From Data Freelancer to Data Entrepreneur (Almost Overnight) - Jul 6, 2021.
Data freelancers trade hours for dollars while data entrepreneurs have found a way to make money while they sleep. Ready to make the transition? Keep reading to learn how to do it as SEAMLESSLY and PROFITABLY as possible.
- Prepare Behavioral Questions for Data Science Interviews - Jul 2, 2021.
This is part 5 of a series by the author which helps readers nail the data science interviews with confidence.
- 5 Lessons McKinsey Taught Me That Will Make You a Better Data Scientist - Jul 1, 2021.
How to stand out from your peers in the data world.
- 10 Mistakes You Should Avoid as a Data Science Beginner - Jun 29, 2021.
Read this article on how to gain a competitive advantage in the data science job market.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n23, Jun 23: Pandas vs SQL: When Data Scientists Should Use Each Tool; How to Land a Data Analytics Job in 6 Months - Jun 23, 2021.
Pandas vs SQL: When Data Scientists Should Use Each Tool; How to Land a Data Analytics Job in 6 Months; A Graph-based Text Similarity Method with Named Entity Information in NLP; The Best Way to Learn Practical NLP?; An introduction to Explainable AI (XAI) and Explainable Boosting Machines (EBM)
- Data Science is Not Becoming Extinct in 10 Years, Your Skills Might - Jun 18, 2021.
4 reasons why data science is here to stay and what you need to do to ensure that your skillset stays in demand.
- How to Land a Data Analytics Job in 6 Months - Jun 17, 2021.
Go from zero to hero in under six months. Data science has a very high barrier of entry. It is a very competitive field that everybody from different educational backgrounds are looking to get into. Here is useful advice on how to proceed.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n22, Jun 16: Data Scientists Extinct in 10 Years? Generate Automated PDF Documents with Python - Jun 16, 2021.
Data Scientists be extinct in 10 years? How to generate PDF Documents with Python; Top 10 Data Science Projects for Beginners; Five types of thinking for a high performing data scientist; and how to get interactive plots directly with Pandas.
- Data Scientists Will be Extinct in 10 Years - Jun 14, 2021.
And why it’s not a bad thing.
- Data Scientists, You Need to Know How to Code - Jun 9, 2021.
You need to know how to code — and not just code, but write good code.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n21, Jun 9: 5 Tasks To Automate With Python; How I Doubled My Income with Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 9, 2021.
5 Tasks To Automate With Python; How I Doubled My Income with Data Science and Machine Learning; Will There Be a Shortage of Data Science Jobs in the Next 5 Years?; How to Make Python Code Run Incredibly Fast; Stop (and Start) Hiring Data Scientists
- Will There Be a Shortage of Data Science Jobs in the Next 5 Years? - Jun 3, 2021.
The data science workflow is getting automated day by day.
- How I Doubled My Income with Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 1, 2021.
Many career opportunities exist in the ever-expanding domain of data. Finding your place -- and finding your salary -- is largely up to your dedication, focus, and drive to learn. If you are an aspiring Data Scientist or have already started your professional journey, there are multiple strategies for maximizing your earning potential.
- These Soft Skills Can Make or Break Your Data Science Career - May 25, 2021.
In an industry long ruled by hard skills, the future career success of tomorrow’s data scientists might well depend on their ability to deploy a variety of soft skills into the workplace.
- 6 side hustles for an aspiring data scientist - May 13, 2021.
As an aspiring data scientist or an employed professional, many opportunities exist for you to offer your skills to a broader audience through side gigs. While the difficulty and risk vary, experiences from applying your data science practice to areas outside your immediate career path can increase your expertise while even increasing your bank account.
- How to become an online data science tutor - May 12, 2021.
Your expertise in data science may be serving you well in your day job or you are on track to land that next dream position to do what you love. There are many others aspiring to attain your level of skill, and maybe you could consider helping them out... through a side gig of teaching.
- We Don’t Need Data Engineers, We Need Better Tools for Data Scientists - May 7, 2021.
In today's data science jobs landscape, a variety of roles are being filled from specialized engineering positions to the more generalized data scientist. However, is it possible that some of these job types are duplicative or misdirected, such as that of the Data Engineer, which might exist as we know it because of a lack of adequate tooling for Data Scientists?
- How to Build an Impressive Data Science Resume - Apr 28, 2021.
Every one of us needs a resume to showcase our skills and experience but how much effort are we putting into it to make it impactful. It is undeniable that resumes play a key role in our job application process. This article will explore some simple strategies to significantly improve the presentation as well as the content of data science resumes.
- Why You Should Consider Being a Data Engineer Instead of a Data Scientist - Apr 27, 2021.
A new king of the jungle has emerged.
- Data careers are NOT one-size fits all! Tips for uncovering your ideal role in the data space - Apr 23, 2021.
Thriving as a data professional is about more than just making good money! It’s about FULFILLMENT & IMPACT. In this article, I will help you discover the BEST data role for you given your unique skill sets, personality & goals.
- Build an Effective Data Analytics Team and Project Ecosystem for Success - Apr 19, 2021.
Apply these techniques to create a data analytics program that delivers solutions that delight end-users and meet their needs.
- 7 Must-Haves in your Data Science CV - Apr 13, 2021.
If you are looking for a new role as a Data Scientist -- either as a first job fresh out of school, a career change, or a shift to another organization -- then check off as many of these critical points as possible to stand out in the crowd and pass the hiring manager's initial CV screen.
- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 2 - Apr 8, 2021.
In this second article in this series, we’ll continue to take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 1 - Apr 1, 2021.
In this article, we’ll take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- Why So Many Data Scientists Quit Good Jobs at Great Companies - Mar 30, 2021.
The role of the Data Scientist continues to offer many great opportunities as a career. However, the 'sexiest job of the 21st century' has lost some of its appeal because of unrealized expectations and how organizations might leverage this type of work. Having a better understanding of how data science typically plays out in the business world can help you achieve the success you want.
- What Took Me So Long to Land a Data Scientist Job - Mar 29, 2021.
Learning all you need to learn about data science is only part of the adventure. Landing that first job is another. While it might take a while to get your foot into the door, there are several key efforts you can do to shorten this time as much as possible.
- 15 Habits I Learned from Highly Effective Data Scientists - Mar 24, 2021.
I’m using these habits in 2021 to become a more effective future data scientist.