Blog / News
- Top Posts May 9-15: Decision Tree Algorithm, Explained - May 17, 2022.
Also: 9 Free Harvard Courses to Learn Data Science in 2022; Free University Data Science Resources; Top Programming Languages and Their Uses; Naïve Bayes Algorithm: Everything You Need to Know
- Search is Fundamental, by co:rise - May 17, 2022.
Our next 2-week “Search Fundamentals” class starts on June 6th, and our next 4-week “Search with Machine Learning” class starts on June 20th.
- HuggingFace Has Launched a Free Deep Reinforcement Learning Course, by Vidhi Chugh - May 17, 2022.
Hugging Face has released a free course on Deep RL. It is self-paced and shares a lot of pointers on theory, tutorials, and hands-on guides.
- 6 Soft Skills for Data Scientists Working Remotely, by Benjamin O. Tayo - May 17, 2022.
As a data scientist, you might have a great portfolio of technical skills, but if you can’t communicate effectively, you won’t be able to convey your ideas clearly during virtual meetings
- Should The Data Warehouse Be Immutable?, by Barr Moses & Chad Sanderson - May 17, 2022.
Is the data warehouse broken? Is the "immutable data warehouse" the right path for your data team? Learn more here.
- Natural Language Processing Key Terms, Explained, by Matthew Mayo - May 16, 2022.
This post provides a concise overview of 18 natural language processing terms, intended as an entry point for the beginner looking for some orientation on the topic.
- Popular Machine Learning Algorithms, by Nisha Arya - May 16, 2022.
This guide will help aspiring data scientists and machine learning engineers gain better knowledge and experience. I will list different types of machine learning algorithms, which can be used with both Python and R.
- Reinforcement Learning for Newbies, by Abid Ali Awan - May 16, 2022.
A simple guide to reinforcement learning for a complete beginner. The blog includes definitions with examples, real-life applications, key concepts, and various types of learning resources.
- The Curse of Delayed Performance - May 13, 2022.
Predict the performance of your model - before the ground truth is available.
- Centroid Initialization Methods for k-means Clustering, by Matthew Mayo - May 13, 2022.
This article is the first in a series of articles looking at the different aspects of k-means clustering, beginning with a discussion on centroid initialization.
- oBERT: Compound Sparsification Delivers Faster Accurate Models for NLP, by Mark Kurtz - May 13, 2022.
Discover "compound sparsification" and how to apply it to BERT models for 10x compression and GPU-level latency on commodity CPUs.
- The “Hello World” of Tensorflow, by Vidhi Chugh - May 13, 2022.
In this article, we will build a beginner-friendly machine learning model using TensorFlow.
- Deep Learning For Compliance Checks: What’s New?, by Edouard d'Archimbaud - May 12, 2022.
By implementing the different NLP techniques into the production processes, compliance departments can maintain detailed checks and keep up with regulator demands.
- Can We Query a Table with T5?, by Mehmet Ecevit - May 12, 2022.
Learn how to tune a large language model.
- 5 Free Hosting Platform For Machine Learning Applications, by Abid Ali Awan - May 12, 2022.
Learn about the free and easy-to-deploy hosting platform for your machine learning projects.
- Top 4 tricks for competing on Kaggle and why you should start, by Packt - May 11, 2022.
If you aren't familiar with Kaggle, you should be. Hear why from two expert Kagglers in this article.
- Create Efficient Combined Data Sources with Tableau, by Neeraj Agarwal - May 11, 2022.
Save time and effort with this guide, which will show you how to do data join operations in Tableau.
- Data Mesh Architecture: Reimagining Data Management, by Yash Mehta - May 11, 2022.
The objective of data mesh is to establish coherence between data coming from different domains across an enterprise. The domains are handled autonomously to eliminate the challenges of data availability and accessibility for cross-functional teams.
- KDnuggets News, May 11: SQL Notes for Professionals; How To Structure a Data Science Project, by KDnuggets - May 11, 2022.
SQL Notes for Professionals: The Free eBook Review; How To Structure a Data Science Project: A Step-by-Step Guide; Everything You Need to Know About Tensors; Free University Data Science Resources; Image Classification with Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs)
- Quick Data Science Tips and Tricks to Learn SAS, by SAS - May 10, 2022.
How To Tutorials with SAS data scientists and analytics instructors.
- 4 Steps for Managing a Data Science Project, by Benjamin O. Tayo - May 10, 2022.
Good planning and preparation will not only improve productivity, but it will help avoid potential pitfalls and roadblocks that could be encountered during project execution.
- Machine Learning’s Sweet Spot: Pure Approaches in NLP and Document Analysis, by Filiberto Emanuele - May 10, 2022.
While it is true that Machine Learning today isn’t ready for prime time in many business cases that revolve around Document Analysis, there are indeed scenarios where a pure ML approach can be considered.
- Free University Data Science Resources, by Nisha Arya - May 10, 2022.
This is a list of FREE data science resources and notes that are available online, some of which are provided by universities.
- Top Posts May 2-8: 9 Free Harvard Courses to Learn Data Science in 2022, by KDnuggets - May 9, 2022.
Also: Decision Tree Algorithm, Explained; 15 Python Coding Interview Questions You Must Know For Data Science; Naïve Bayes Algorithm: Everything You Need to Know; Software Developer vs Software Engineer
- Machine Learning Key Terms, Explained, by Matthew Mayo - May 9, 2022.
Read this overview of 12 important machine learning concepts, presented in a no frills, straightforward definition style.
- Learning Data Science If You’re Broke, by Nisha Arya - May 9, 2022.
Check out this list of free resources, courses, and more to help you become a Data Scientist for free.
- An Overview of Mercury: Creating Data Science Portfolio and Notebook Based WebApps, by Abid Ali Awan - May 9, 2022.
Turn your dull Jupyter notebooks into interactive web apps by adding a YAML header and sharing it with your friends and colleagues. You can also use Mercury to create your data science portfolio, which consists of a resume and projects.
- Does AI Get its Own Batman?, by Yashar Behzadi, Ph.D. - May 6, 2022.
AI is sending up the Bat-signal and synthetic data is answering the call for more robust, powerful, and less-biased AI systems.
- Everything You Need to Know About Tensors, by Vidhi Chugh - May 6, 2022.
In this article, we will cover the basics of the tensors.
- How to Build Strong Data Science Portfolio as a Beginner, by Abid Ali Awan - May 5, 2022.
After learning the basics of data science, you can start to work on real-world problems. But how do you showcase your work? In this article, we are going to learn a unique way to create a data science portfolio.
- Hypothesis Testing Explained, by Angelica Lo Duca - May 5, 2022.
This brief overview of the concept of Hypothesis Testing covers its classification in parametric and non-parametric tests, and when to use the most popular ones, including means, correlation, and distribution, in the case of one sample and two samples.
- SQL Notes for Professionals: The Free eBook Review, by Abid Ali Awan - May 5, 2022.
The free book is a combination of SQL cheat sheets and practical database examples. It provided bite-size information about every SQL function and attribute with coding samples.
- Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part One: Neurons Are Slow, Slow, Slow, by Charles Simon - May 5, 2022.
Artificial intelligence is not all that intelligent. While today’s AI can do some extraordinary things, the functionality underlying its accomplishments has very little to do with the way in which a human brain works to achieve the same tasks.
- Image Classification with Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), by Derrick Mwiti - May 4, 2022.
In this article, we’ll look at what Convolutional Neural Networks are and how they work.
- 3 Steps for Harnessing the Power of Data, by Benjamin O. Tayo - May 4, 2022.
Even though data is now produced at an unprecedented amount, data must be collected, processed, transformed, and analyzed to harness its power. Read more about the 3 main stages involved.
- How To Structure a Data Science Project: A Step-by-Step Guide, by Nahla Davies - May 4, 2022.
Check out all the necessary steps to successfully structure your data science projects leveraging data science templates.
- KDnuggets News, May 4: 9 Free Harvard Courses to Learn Data Science; 15 Python Coding Interview Questions You Must Know For Data Science, by KDnuggets - May 4, 2022.
9 Free Harvard Courses to Learn Data Science in 2022; 15 Python Coding Interview Questions You Must Know For Data Science; Best Data Science Career Tracks of 2022; 6 Highest Paying Companies for Data Scientists; Why You Need To Learn Python In 2022
- Top Posts April 25 – May 1: 15 Python Coding Interview Questions You Must Know For Data Science, by KDnuggets - May 3, 2022.
Also: Decision Tree Algorithm, Explained; Naïve Bayes Algorithm: Everything You Need to Know; Top Programming Languages and Their Uses; 5 Different Ways to Load Data in Python
- 5 Key Components of a Data Sharing Platform, by Lewis Wynne-Jones - May 3, 2022.
Read this article for an overview of what the components of a data-sharing platform are.
- Software Developer vs Software Engineer, by Nisha Arya - May 3, 2022.
The terms developer and engineer are used synonymously, making it difficult to understand the difference between the two in the midst of a conversation.
- 6 Highest Paying Companies for Data Scientists, by Nate Rosidi - May 2, 2022.
These are the six top paying companies for data scientists. I’ve looked at absolute salary, but I’ll fill you in on other factors you should consider as well when it comes to picking a data science job for money.
- 9 Free Harvard Courses to Learn Data Science in 2022, by Natassha Selvaraj - May 2, 2022.
Learn Python programming, statistics, and machine learning online from one of the world’s top universities.
- Top 10 Machine Learning Demos: Hugging Face Spaces Edition, by Abid Ali Awan - May 2, 2022.
Hugging Face Spaces allows you to have an interactive experience with the machine learning models, and we will be discovering the best application to get some inspiration.
- Data Management: How to Stay on Top of Your Customer’s Mind?, by Abinaya Sundarraj - Apr 29, 2022.
Extract, profile, and manage your customer data in a flash with customer data management solutions, and achieve a customer-centric culture.
- Best Data Science Career Tracks of 2022, by Abid Ali Awan - Apr 29, 2022.
Top-rated data science tracks consist of multiple project-based courses covering all aspects of data. It includes an introduction to Python/R, data ingestion & manipulation, data visualization, machine learning, and reporting.
- Connecting the Knowledge Ecosystem, by Knowledge Graph Conference - Apr 28, 2022.
We’re proud to announce that the 4th annual Knowledge Graph Conference is taking place on May 2-6 at Cornell Tech, NYC and virtually on Airmeet.
- High Availability SQL Server Docker Containers in Kubernetes, by Don Boxley - Apr 28, 2022.
Need high availability for SQL Server Docker containers in Kubernetes? Here’s how to get it.
- Why You Need To Learn Python In 2022, by Nisha Arya - Apr 28, 2022.
If you don’t already know a programming language, or if you’re deciding to choose another language, have a read and see if Python is for you.
- MLOps: The Best Practices and How To Apply Them, by Nahla Davies - Apr 28, 2022.
Here are some of the best practices for implementing MLOps successfully.
- KDnuggets News, April 27: A Brief Introduction to Papers With Code; Machine Learning Books You Need To Read In 2022, by KDnuggets - Apr 27, 2022.
A Brief Introduction to Papers With Code; Machine Learning Books You Need To Read In 2022; Building a Scalable ETL with SQL + Python; 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science; Top Data Science Projects to Build Your Skills
- Getting Deep Learning working in the wild: A Data-Centric Course, by co:rise - Apr 27, 2022.
Data-centric learning resources are somewhat scattered today, and that’s why we developed a new Data Centric Deep Learning course on the co:rise education platform. It is an introduction to a set of approaches and best practices, for people who are trying to do deep learning in the wild.
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained, by Matthew Mayo - Apr 27, 2022.
In this article, we will have a look at five distinct data careers, and hopefully provide some advice on how to get one's feet wet in this convoluted field.
- How Fast Can BERT Go With Sparsity?, by Ricky Costa - Apr 27, 2022.
How much impact does sparsity have on model performance?
- 15 Python Coding Interview Questions You Must Know For Data Science, by Nate Rosidi - Apr 27, 2022.
Solving the Python coding interview questions is the best way to get ready for an interview. That’s why we’ll lead you through 15 examples and five concepts these questions cover.
- Want to Use Your Data Skills to Solve Global Problems? Here’s What You Need to Know, by KDnuggets - Apr 26, 2022.
Global risk management is an arena where data brings order to an unpredictable world. Johns Hopkins University’s part-time Master of Arts in Global Risk (online) takes just 18 to 21 months to complete. This multidisciplinary program helps professionals develop the skills to make forward-looking decisions that contribute to risk management.
- A Simple Guide to Machine Learning Visualisations, by Rebecca Vickery - Apr 26, 2022.
Create simple, effective machine learning plots with Yellowbrick
- 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science, by Natassha Selvaraj - Apr 26, 2022.
SQL is a must-know for anyone working in the data industry. Here’s how you can learn it from scratch
- KDnuggets Top Posts for March 2022: Why Are So Many Data Scientists Quitting Their Jobs?, by KDnuggets - Apr 25, 2022.
Also: 8 Free MIT Courses to Learn Data Science Online; Build a Machine Learning Web App in 5 Minutes; Best Data Science Books for Beginners; Linear vs Logistic Regression; and more!
- How Metadata Improves Security, Quality, and Transparency, by Tim Lysecki - Apr 25, 2022.
Metadata is the data providing context about the data, more than what you see in the rows and columns. By managing your metadata, you're effectively creating an encyclopedia of your data assets.
- Top Data Science Projects to Build Your Skills, by Nisha Arya - Apr 25, 2022.
Check out this list of data science project ideas that you can use to boost your skills, organized by level of expertise.
- Top Posts April 18-24: Decision Tree Algorithm, Explained - Apr 25, 2022.
Also: Top YouTube Channels for Learning Data Science; Naïve Bayes Algorithm: Everything You Need to Know; Top Programming Languages and Their Uses; A Brief Introduction to Papers With Code
- Top 5 Free Cloud Notebooks in 2022, by Abid Ali Awan - Apr 25, 2022.
Create and collaborate on data science projects or train machine learning models using free cloud Jupyter notebook platforms. You get a hassle-free IDE experience and free compute resources.
- Optimizing Genes with a Genetic Algorithm, by David Wells - Apr 22, 2022.
In the simplest terms genetic algorithms simulate a population where each individual is a possible “solution” and let survival of the fittest do its thing.
- A Community for Synthetic Data is Here and This is Why We Need It, by Yashar Behzadi, Ph.D. - Apr 22, 2022.
The first open-source platform for synthetic data is here to help educate the broader machine learning and computer vision communities on the emerging technology.
- Qualities Hiring Managers Are Looking For in Data Scientists, by Nisha Arya - Apr 22, 2022.
Soft skills are just as important to hiring data science managers as hard skills.
- The 8 Basic Statistics Concepts for Data Science, by Shirley Chen - Apr 21, 2022.
Understanding the fundamentals of statistics is a core capability for becoming a Data Scientist. Review these essential ideas that will be pervasive in your work and raise your expertise in the field.
- AI Governance: Trends in Regulation, Soft Governance, and Industry Initiatives, by TruEra - Apr 21, 2022.
Are you ready for where AI is going? Get the latest on AI regulation and governance from two experts. Join this live webinar on May 5th at 9AM Pacific/Noon Eastern Time.
- Building a Scalable ETL with SQL + Python, by Ido Michael - Apr 21, 2022.
This post will look at building a modular ETL pipeline that transforms data with SQL and visualizes it with Python and R.
- Nota AI releases beta version of NetPresso Model Search, their hardware-aware autoML tool, by Nota - Apr 21, 2022.
Nota AI has launched the beta testing for NetsPresso Model Search, a hardware-aware autoML tool which searches and finds optimized models for a target device.
- Machine Learning Books You Need To Read In 2022, by Nisha Arya - Apr 21, 2022.
I have a list of Machine Learning books you need to read in 2022; beginner, intermediate, expert, and for everybody.
- Winning The Room: Creating and Delivering an Effective Data-Driven Presentation, by Bill Franks - Apr 20, 2022.
Don’t miss this practical and eye-opening guide on how to present technical data and analytical results to non-technical audiences in a live setting.
- How Has the Adoption of AI in Algorithmic Trading Affected the Finance Industry?, by Rumzz Bajwa - Apr 20, 2022.
Algorithmic trading is the execution of trading operations according to a given algorithm. Read on to find out more.
- A Brief Introduction to Papers With Code, by Abid Ali Awan - Apr 20, 2022.
One-stop shop to learn about state-of-the-art research papers with access to open-source resources including machine learning models, datasets, methods, evaluation tables, and code.
- KDnuggets News 22:n16, Apr 20: Top YouTube Channels for Learning Data Science; Data Visualization in Python with Seaborn, by KDnuggets - Apr 20, 2022.
Top YouTube Channels for Learning Data Science; Data Visualization in Python with Seaborn; Deploy a Machine Learning Web App with Heroku; How to Ace Data Science Assessment Test by Using Automatic EDA Tools; Will DeepMind’s AlphaCode Replace Programmers?
- Join Cassie Kozyrkov, Jim Swanson, Linda Avery & other data science leaders at Rev 3, by Domino - Apr 19, 2022.
Meet Cassie Kozyrkov — Chief Decision Scientist at Google and the latest addition to the epic speaker lineup at Rev. Use promo code “KDN” for 50% off!
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Transform Data Integration, by Nahla Davies - Apr 19, 2022.
Let's take a look at what goes into creating a foundation for enterprise-wide data intelligence and how AI and ML can permanently transform data integration.
- Prioritizing Data Science Models for Production, by Ron Ozminkowski, PhD - Apr 19, 2022.
Statistical performance metrics aren’t enough to pick the right models to bring to market.
- How to Determine the Best Fitting Data Distribution Using Python, by Matthew Mayo - Apr 19, 2022.
Approaches to data sampling, modeling, and analysis can vary based on the distribution of your data, and so determining the best fit theoretical distribution can be an essential step in your data exploration process.
- Guide to Iteratively Tuning GNNs, by Sigopt - Apr 18, 2022.
This blog walks through a process for experimenting with hyperparameters, training algorithms and other parameters of Graph Neural Networks.
- Top YouTube Channels for Learning Data Science, by Nisha Arya - Apr 18, 2022.
YouTube has become an important element in people's self-development and increase of knowledge. Check out this list of YouTube channels that offer Data Science learning.
- Will DeepMind’s AlphaCode Replace Programmers?, by Abid Ali Awan - Apr 18, 2022.
New milestone achieved by AlphaCode in competitive programming. Should software engineers fear for their jobs? Will AI replace us or assist us?
- Top Posts Apr 11-17: Python Libraries Data Scientists Should Know in 2022, by KDnuggets - Apr 18, 2022.
Also: Decision Tree Algorithm, Explained; Naïve Bayes Algorithm: Everything You Need to Know; Why Are So Many Data Scientists Quitting Their Jobs?; Top Programming Languages and Their Uses
- Deploy a Machine Learning Web App with Heroku, by Natassha Selvaraj - Apr 18, 2022.
In this article, you will learn to deploy a fully functional ML web application in under 3 minutes.
- 5 Different Ways to Load Data in Python, by Ahmad Anis - Apr 15, 2022.
Data is the bread and butter of a Data Scientist, so knowing many approaches to loading data for analysis is crucial. Here, five Python techniques to bring in your data are reviewed with code examples for you to follow.
- How to Write Engaging Technical Blogs, by Abid Ali Awan - Apr 15, 2022.
Learn the rules for writing technical blogs, and increase unique views tenfold. Focusing on title, images, vocabulary, code blocks, writing style, and social media promotion can help you build a solid brand.
- With Data Privacy learn to implement technical privacy solutions and tools at scale, by Manning - Apr 14, 2022.
Data Privacy: A runbook for engineers, teaches you to implement technical privacy solutions and tools at scale. Master methods that can be instantly applied to almost any system, and rapidly improve your user privacy saving time and resource costs!
- Data Science Interview Guide – Part 2: Interview Resources, by Nisha Arya - Apr 14, 2022.
Check out these resources to help you prepare for your data science Interview, or for those who are brushing up on their technical skills or who want to start learning data science.
- Answering Questions with HuggingFace Pipelines and Streamlit, by Matthew Mayo - Apr 14, 2022.
See how easy it can be to build a simple web app for question answering from text using Streamlit and HuggingFace pipelines.
- How to Ace Data Science Assessment Test by Using Automatic EDA Tools, by Abid Ali Awan - Apr 14, 2022.
By using a few lines of code, you can understand key aspects of a given dataset. These tools have helped me answer business-related questions during the data assessment test by Alooba.
- Launch your career with a Northwestern data science degree, by NWU - Apr 13, 2022.
Build the essential technical, analytical, and leadership skills needed for careers in today's data-driven world in Northwestern’s Master of Science in Data Science program.