- How To 2x Your Data Analytics Consulting Rates (Overnight) - Aug 3, 2021.
Looking to up your data analytics consulting rates? Learn exactly what most freelancers are charging, and the rates you SHOULD be charging as a business intelligence and analytics consultant. This post will show you what you need to know to achieve maximum results for your data consulting career.
- GPU-Powered Data Science (NOT Deep Learning) with RAPIDS - Aug 2, 2021.
How to utilize the power of your GPU for regular data science and machine learning even if you do not do a lot of deep learning work.
- Online Master’s in Data Science from Northwestern - Jul 29, 2021.
Build statistical and analytical expertise as well as the management and leadership skills necessary to implement high-level, data-driven decisions in Northwestern's online Master of Science in Data Science program. Apply now!
- A Brief Introduction to the Concept of Data - Jul 29, 2021.
Every aspiring data scientist must know the concept of data and the kind of analysis they can run. This article introduces the concept of data (quantitative and qualitative) and the types of analysis.
- The Brutal Truth About Data Science - Jul 28, 2021.
Many organizations approach data science as though it was a marketing tool — relabeling things that they already do as ‘data science’ as it involves the use of data. That is not real data science, and it completely misses the point of engaging in data science.
- Python Data Structures Compared - Jul 27, 2021.
Let's take a look at 5 different Python data structures and see how they could be used to store data we might be processing in our everyday tasks, as well as the relative memory they use for storage and time they take to create and access.
- Not Only for Deep Learning: How GPUs Accelerate Data Science & Data Analytics - Jul 26, 2021.
Modern AI/ML systems’ success has been critically dependent on their ability to process massive amounts of raw data in a parallel fashion using task-optimized hardware. Can we leverage the power of GPU and distributed computing for regular data processing jobs too?
- 5 Mistakes I Wish I Had Avoided in My Data Science Career - Jul 26, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
- Why and how should you learn “Productive Data Science”? - Jul 26, 2021.
What is Productive Data Science and what are some of its components?
- Top Python Data Science Interview Questions - Jul 23, 2021.
Six must-know technical concepts and two types of questions to test them.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n27, Jul 21: Top 6 Data Science Online Courses in 2021; Geometric Foundations of Deep Learning - Jul 21, 2021.
Top 6 Data Science Online Courses in 2021; Geometric foundations of Deep Learning; Google’s Director of Research Advice for Learning Data Science; SQL, Syllogisms, and Explanations; How to Create Unbiased Machine Learning Models
- When to Retrain an Machine Learning Model? Run these 5 checks to decide on the schedule - Jul 20, 2021.
Machine learning models degrade with time, and need to be regularly updated. In the article, we suggest how to approach retraining and plan for it in advance.
- Advice for Learning Data Science from Google’s Director of Research - Jul 19, 2021.
Surfing the professional career wave in data science is a hot prospect for many looking to get their start in the world. The digital revolution continues to create many exciting new opportunities. But, jumping in too fast without fully establishing your foundational skills can be detrimental to your success, as is suggested by this advice for data science newbies from Peter Norvig, the Director of Research at Google.
- Why Saying “We Accept the Null Hypothesis” is Wrong: An Intuitive Explanation - Jul 19, 2021.
“The opposite of ‘Rejecting the Null’ is ‘Accepting’ isn’t it?”. Well, it is not so simple as it is construed. We need to rise above antonyms and understand one crucial concept.
- SQL, Syllogisms, and Explanations - Jul 14, 2021.
Check out the Executable English Platform, for self-explaining applications written in English that you can run in your browser.
- Streamlit Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for Data Scientists - Jul 13, 2021.
Today, I am going to talk about a few tips that I learned within more than a year of using Streamlit, that you can also use to unleash your powerful DS/AI/ML (whatever they may be) applications.
- Abstraction and Data Science: Not a great combination - Jul 12, 2021.
The article is about too much abstraction and how this programming concept when extended to Data Science makes Data Science non-intuitive.
- A Lightning Fast Look at Single Line Exploratory Data Analysis - Jul 8, 2021.
Here's a very quick look at how you can perform EDA with a single line of code using D-Tale.
- How To Transition From Data Freelancer to Data Entrepreneur (Almost Overnight) - Jul 6, 2021.
Data freelancers trade hours for dollars while data entrepreneurs have found a way to make money while they sleep. Ready to make the transition? Keep reading to learn how to do it as SEAMLESSLY and PROFITABLY as possible.
- Prepare Behavioral Questions for Data Science Interviews - Jul 2, 2021.
This is part 5 of a series by the author which helps readers nail the data science interviews with confidence.
- Learning Data Science Through Social Media - Jul 1, 2021.
Want your social media algorithms to show you actual algorithms? Spare a moment during your social media scrolling to learn a bit of data science. Here are suggestions for at-a-glance access to good ideas and tips on your favorite platforms.
- 5 Lessons McKinsey Taught Me That Will Make You a Better Data Scientist - Jul 1, 2021.
How to stand out from your peers in the data world.
- Managing Your Reusable Python Code as a Data Scientist - Jun 30, 2021.
Here are a few approaches that I have settled on for managing my own reusable Python code as a data scientist, presented from most to least general code use, and aimed at beginners.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n24, Jun 30: What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years?; Add A New Dimension To Your Photos Using Python - Jun 30, 2021.
What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years? Will Data Scientists be extinct?; Add A New Dimension To Your Photos Using Python; Data Scientists are from Mars and Software Developers are from Venus; How to Train a Joint Entities and Relation Extraction Classifier using BERT Transformer with spaCy 3; In-Warehouse Machine Learning and the Modern Data Science Stack
- Unleashing the Power of MLOps and DataOps in Data Science - Jun 29, 2021.
Organizations trying to move forward with analytics and data science initiatives -- while floating in an ocean of data -- must enhance their overall approach and culture to embrace a foundation on DataOps and MLOps. Leveraging these operational frameworks are necessary to enable the data to generate real business value.
- 10 Mistakes You Should Avoid as a Data Science Beginner - Jun 29, 2021.
Read this article on how to gain a competitive advantage in the data science job market.
- Season 1 Of Data Science Perspectives Webcast Released - Jun 24, 2021.
Season 1 of Data Science Perspectives is now live and ready for viewing, where I interview many of the executives and professionals I’ve met to enable viewers to learn about how their careers unfolded, what skills they look for when hiring, what trends they think are coming next, and more.
- What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years? Will Data Scientists be extinct? - Jun 24, 2021.
Participate in the latest KDnuggets survey and share your opinion: what does the next decade have in store for data scientist demand?
- In-Warehouse Machine Learning and the Modern Data Science Stack - Jun 24, 2021.
As your organization matures its data science portfolio and capabilities, establishing a modern data stack is vital to enabling such growth. Here, we overview various in-data warehouse machine learning services, and discuss each of their benefits and requirements.
- Create and Deploy Dashboards using Voila and Saturn Cloud - Jun 23, 2021.
Working with and training large datasets, maintaining them all in one place, and deploying them to production is a challenging job. In this article, we covered what Saturn Cloud is and how it can speed up your end-to-end pipeline, how to create dashboards using Voila and Python and publish them to production in just a few easy steps.
- Data Science is Not Becoming Extinct in 10 Years, Your Skills Might - Jun 18, 2021.
4 reasons why data science is here to stay and what you need to do to ensure that your skillset stays in demand.
- 7 Data Security Best Practices for 2021 - Jun 15, 2021.
Here are seven data security best practices to adopt this year.
- Data Scientists Will be Extinct in 10 Years - Jun 14, 2021.
And why it’s not a bad thing.
- Top 10 Data Science Projects for Beginners - Jun 11, 2021.
Check out these projects for ideas to strengthen your skills and build a portfolio that stands out.
- Data Scientists, You Need to Know How to Code - Jun 9, 2021.
You need to know how to code — and not just code, but write good code.
- How a Single Mistake Wasted 3 Years of My Data Science Journey - Jun 9, 2021.
Self-paced courses are just sleeping pills; Industry experts are the right choice.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n21, Jun 9: 5 Tasks To Automate With Python; How I Doubled My Income with Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 9, 2021.
5 Tasks To Automate With Python; How I Doubled My Income with Data Science and Machine Learning; Will There Be a Shortage of Data Science Jobs in the Next 5 Years?; How to Make Python Code Run Incredibly Fast; Stop (and Start) Hiring Data Scientists
- SAS® Visual Data Science Decisioning powered by SAS® Viya®: Free Trial - Jun 8, 2021.
SAS® Visual Data Science Decisioning provides the ultimate analytics experience. Start your free trial and get access to the latest in data visualization, machine learning, forecasting, model deployment and more.
- 5 Data Science Open-source Projects You Should Consider Contributing to - Jun 7, 2021.
As you prepare to interview for a position in data science or are looking to jump to the next level, now is the time to enhance your skills and your resume with by working on rea, open-source projects. Here, we suggest a great selection of projects you can contribute to and help build something awesome, so, all you need to do choose one and tackle it head on.
- Will There Be a Shortage of Data Science Jobs in the Next 5 Years? - Jun 3, 2021.
The data science workflow is getting automated day by day.
- How I Doubled My Income with Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 1, 2021.
Many career opportunities exist in the ever-expanding domain of data. Finding your place -- and finding your salary -- is largely up to your dedication, focus, and drive to learn. If you are an aspiring Data Scientist or have already started your professional journey, there are multiple strategies for maximizing your earning potential.
- Essential Math for Data Science: Basis and Change of Basis - May 28, 2021.
In this article, you will learn what the basis of a vector space is, see that any vectors of the space are linear combinations of the basis vectors, and see how to change the basis using change of basis matrices.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n20, May 26: Data Engineer, Data Scientists & Other Data Careers, Explained; Where Did You Apply Analytics & Data Science Recently? - May 26, 2021.
Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained; A Guide On How To Become A Data Scientist (Step By Step Approach); A checklist to track your Data Science progress; How to Determine if Your Machine Learning Model is Overtrained; Differentiable Programming from Scratch
- Where Did You Apply Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2020/2021? - May 25, 2021.
Take part in the latest KDnuggets survey, and let us know where you have been applying Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2020/2021.
- These Soft Skills Can Make or Break Your Data Science Career - May 25, 2021.
In an industry long ruled by hard skills, the future career success of tomorrow’s data scientists might well depend on their ability to deploy a variety of soft skills into the workplace.
- 6 Business Trends Benefiting Data Scientists - May 21, 2021.
Here are six business trends making data scientists even more in-demand.
- Awesome list of datasets in 100+ categories - May 20, 2021.
With an estimated 44 zettabytes of data in existence in our digital world today and approximately 2.5 quintillion bytes of new data generated daily, there is a lot of data out there you could tap into for your data science projects. It's pretty hard to curate through such a massive universe of data, but this collection is a great start. Here, you can find data from cancer genomes to UFO reports, as well as years of air quality data to 200,000 jokes. Dive into this ocean of data to explore as you learn how to apply data science techniques or leverage your expertise to discover something new.
- A checklist to track your Data Science progress - May 19, 2021.
Whether you are just starting out in data science or already a gainfully-employed professional, always learning more to advance through state-of-the-art techniques is part of the adventure. But, it can be challenging to track of your progress and keep an eye on what's next. Follow this checklist to help you scale your expertise from entry-level to advanced.
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained - May 19, 2021.
In this article, we will have a look at five distinct data careers, and hopefully provide some advice on how to get one's feet wet in this convoluted field.
- Data Practitioner Survey: Want to know what you’re worth? - May 18, 2021.
Want to know what you’re worth? The AI Summit is compiling a 2021 Data Practitioner Salary Report. We would love your input if you are involved with machine learning in a business context, whether as a software architect, data scientist, engineer, developer, modeller, administrator, or analyst.
- Animated Bar Chart Races in Python - May 18, 2021.
A quick and step-by-step beginners project to create an animation bar graph for an amazing Covid dataset.
- Best Python Books for Beginners and Advanced Programmers - May 14, 2021.
Let's take a look at nine of the best Python books for both beginners and advanced programmers, covering topics such as data science, machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n18, May 12: Data Preparation in SQL, with Cheat Sheet!; Rebuilding 7 Python Projects - May 12, 2021.
Data Preparation in SQL, with Cheat Sheet!; Rebuilding My 7 Python Projects; Applying Python’s Explode Function to Pandas DataFrames; Essential Linear Algebra for Data Science and Machine Learning; Similarity Metrics in NLP
- Data Preparation in SQL, with Cheat Sheet! - May 7, 2021.
If your raw data is in a SQL-based data lake, why spend the time and money to export the data into a new platform for data prep?
- Rebuilding My 7 Python Projects - May 5, 2021.
This is how I rebuilt My Python Projects: Data Science, Web Development & Android Apps.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n17, May 5: Charticulator: Microsoft Research open-source game-changing Data Visualization platform; Data Science to Predict and Prevent Real World Problems - May 5, 2021.
Charticulator: Microsoft Research game-changing Data Visualization platform; How Data Science is used to predict and prevent real world problems; Hilarious Data Science Humor; Neural Networks for Natural Language Processing Now; and more.
- Hilarious Data Science Humor - May 2, 2021.
Data scientists and developers share a goofy sense of humor. Here are some puns that we — data scientists/programmers— can definitely relate to.
- Feature Engineering of DateTime Variables for Data Science, Machine Learning - Apr 29, 2021.
Learn how to make more meaningful features from DateTime type variables to be used by Machine Learning Models.
- The secret to analysing large, complex datasets quickly and productively? - Apr 29, 2021.
Data is beautiful, and lots of data is simply sublime, but be wary of the pitfalls. Sometimes you have so much data you can waste hours exploring without answering the important questions. These 5 tips will show you how to analyse large complex datasets productively by constraining yourself.
- How to Build an Impressive Data Science Resume - Apr 28, 2021.
Every one of us needs a resume to showcase our skills and experience but how much effort are we putting into it to make it impactful. It is undeniable that resumes play a key role in our job application process. This article will explore some simple strategies to significantly improve the presentation as well as the content of data science resumes.
- Best Podcasts for Machine Learning - Apr 28, 2021.
Podcasts, especially those featuring interviews, are great for learning about the subfields and tools of AI, as well as the rock stars and superheroes of the AI world. Here, we highlight some of the best podcasts today that are perfect for both those learning about machine learning and seasoned practitioners.
- Using Data Science to Predict and Prevent Real World Problems - Apr 28, 2021.
Do you have an interest in data science but lack an understanding of what, exactly, it can be used to accomplish in the real world? Read this article for a few examples of just how helpful data science can be for predicting and preventing real world problems.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n16, Apr 28: Data Science Books You Should Start Reading in 2021; Top 10 Must-Know Machine Learning Algorithms for Data Scientists - Apr 28, 2021.
Data science is not about data – applying Dijkstra principle to data science; Data Science Books You Should Start Reading in 2021; How to ace A/B Testing Data Science Interviews; Top 10 Must-Know Machine Learning Algorithms for Data Scientists – Part 1; Production-Ready Machine Learning NLP API with FastAPI and spaCy
- KDD-2021, The premier Data Science Conference, Aug 14-18, Virtual - Apr 27, 2021.
KDD 2021, the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD) flagship conference, will take place virtually Aug 14-18.
- Why You Should Consider Being a Data Engineer Instead of a Data Scientist - Apr 27, 2021.
A new king of the jungle has emerged.
- Data science is not about data – applying Dijkstra principle to data science - Apr 26, 2021.
What is Data Science really about? Is it the data, or the algorithms, or something else? Similar foundational philosophical struggles exist with other scientific fields, including computer science, and maybe we can look to these resolutions to better understand the true 'meaning' of data science.
- Data careers are NOT one-size fits all! Tips for uncovering your ideal role in the data space - Apr 23, 2021.
Thriving as a data professional is about more than just making good money! It’s about FULFILLMENT & IMPACT. In this article, I will help you discover the BEST data role for you given your unique skill sets, personality & goals.
- Data Science Books You Should Start Reading in 2021 - Apr 23, 2021.
Check out this curated list of the best data science books for any level.
- How to ace A/B Testing Data Science Interviews - Apr 22, 2021.
Understanding the process of A/B testing and knowing how to discuss this approach during data science job interviews can give you a leg up over other candidates. This mock interview provides a step-by-step guide through how to demonstrate your mastery of the key concepts and logical considerations.
- Top 10 Must-Know Machine Learning Algorithms for Data Scientists – Part 1 - Apr 22, 2021.
New to data science? Interested in the must-know machine learning algorithms in the field? Check out the first part of our list and introductory descriptions of the top 10 algorithms for data scientists to know.
- Knowledge Graph Conference, covering tools, techniques, case studies and more, by experts. May 3-6, Virtual - Apr 19, 2021.
"A force to be reckoned with" - the who’s who of knowledge graphs will convene at The Knowledge Graph Conference in May.
- How to organize your data science project in 2021 - Apr 19, 2021.
Maintaining proper organization of all your data science projects will increase your productivity, minimize errors, and increase your development efficiency. This tutorial will guide you through a framework on how to keep everything in order on your local machine and in the cloud.
- Essential Math for Data Science: Linear Transformation with Matrices - Apr 16, 2021.
You’ll start seeing matrices, not only as operations on numbers, but also as a way to transform vector spaces. This conception will give you the foundations needed to understand more complex linear algebra concepts like matrix decomposition.
- Top 3 Statistical Paradoxes in Data Science - Apr 15, 2021.
Observation bias and sub-group differences generate statistical paradoxes.
- Models of Data Science teams: Chess vs Checkers - Apr 14, 2021.
Should we still consider data scientists and data engineers as separate roles? When should a team grow with full-stack data developers? Introducing the Checkers-like data team.
- Why Automated Feature Selection Has Its Risks - Apr 13, 2021.
Theoretical relevance of features must not be ignored.
- Can Robots and Humans Combat Extinction Together? Find Out April 17 - Apr 8, 2021.
Get ready to trade that “Zoom fatigue” for Zoom euphoria at the DataYap Virtual Conference, Apr 17, where you’ll have your pick of 15 panels on some of the hottest topics in the data and technology space led by some of the top names in data science.
- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 2 - Apr 8, 2021.
In this second article in this series, we’ll continue to take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- How to Make Sure Your Analysis Actually Gets Used - Apr 7, 2021.
Few things are as demoralizing as seeing your data analysis tossed aside. Learn from these tips -- assembled from experience, academic research, and industry best practice -- on how to make sure your hard work receives the credit it deserves and delivers the value to your organization that you expect.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n13, Apr 7: Top 10 Python Libraries Data Scientists should know in 2021; KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward Program; Making Machine Learning Models Understandable - Apr 7, 2021.
Top 10 Python Libraries Data Scientists should know in 2021; KDnuggets Top Blogs Reward Program; Shapash: Making Machine Learning Models Understandable; Easy AutoML in Python; The 8 Most Common Data Scientists; A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 1
- Awesome Tricks And Best Practices From Kaggle - Apr 5, 2021.
Easily learn what is only learned by hours of search and exploration.
- What did COVID do to all our models? - Apr 2, 2021.
An interview with Dean Abbott and John Elder about change management, complexity, interpretability, and the risk of AI taking over humanity.
- What’s ETL? - Apr 2, 2021.
Discover what ETL is, and see in what ways it’s critical for data science.
- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 1 - Apr 1, 2021.
In this article, we’ll take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- Data vault: new weaponry in your data science toolkit - Mar 31, 2021.
Data Vault is a modern data modelling approach for capturing (historical) data in a structurally auditable and tractable way. While very helpful for data engineers, the Data Vault also enables Data Science in practice.
- Software Engineering Best Practices for Data Scientists - Mar 30, 2021.
This is a crash course on how to bridge the gap between data science and software engineering.
- How to break a model in 20 days — a tutorial on production model analytics - Mar 29, 2021.
This is an article on how models fail in production, and how to spot it.
- Overview of MLOps - Mar 26, 2021.
Building a machine learning model is great, but to provide real business value, it must be made useful and maintained to remain useful over time. Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), overviewed here, is a rapidly growing space that encompasses everything required to deploy a machine learning model into production, and is a crucial aspect to delivering this sought after value.
- The question that makes your data project more valuable - Mar 25, 2021.
If you are the "data person" for your organization, then providing meaningful results to stakeholder data requests can sometimes feel like shots in the dark. However, you can make sure your data analysis is actionable by asking one magic question before getting started.
- 15 Habits I Learned from Highly Effective Data Scientists - Mar 24, 2021.
I’m using these habits in 2021 to become a more effective future data scientist.
- Top 10 Python Libraries Data Scientists should know in 2021 - Mar 24, 2021.
So many Python libraries exist that offer powerful and efficient foundations for supporting your data science work and machine learning model development. While the list may seem overwhelming, there are certain libraries you should focus your time on, as they are some of the most commonly used today.
- How to Succeed in Becoming a Freelance Data Scientist - Mar 23, 2021.
With recent growth in data science, now is the best time to get into freelancing. The following steps will help you get started with finding clients or help you improve your current strategy.
- Metric Matters, Part 2: Evaluating Regression Models - Mar 23, 2021.
In this second part review of the many options available for choosing metrics to evaluate machine learning models, learn how to select the most appropriate metric for your analysis of regression models.
- More Data Science Cheatsheets - Mar 18, 2021.
It's time again to look at some data science cheatsheets. Here you can find a short selection of such resources which can cater to different existing levels of knowledge and breadth of topics of interest.
- How to frame the right questions to be answered using data - Mar 18, 2021.
Understanding your data first is a key step before going too far into any data science project. But, you can't fully understand your data until you know the right questions to ask of it.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n11, Mar 17: Is Data Scientist still a satisfying job? How To Overcome The Fear of Math and Learn Math For Data Science - Mar 17, 2021.
Must Know for Data Scientists and Data Analysts: Causal Design Patterns; Know your data much faster with the new Sweetviz Python library; The Inferential Statistics Data Scientists Should Know; Natural Language Processing Pipelines, Explained
- Are you satisfied in your job? Take our Data Community Job Satisfaction Survey - Mar 15, 2021.
The latest KDnuggets survey is looking to determine the job satisfaction levels of the data community. Take a few moments to contribute your answer and help paint a picture of the current situation.
- Forget Telling Stories; Help People Navigate - Mar 15, 2021.
When designing reporting & visualizations, think of them as part of a navigation framework rather than stand-alone information.
- Kedro-Airflow: Orchestrating Kedro Pipelines with Airflow - Mar 12, 2021.
The Kedro team and Astronomer have released Kedro-Airflow 0.4.0 to help you develop modular, maintainable & reproducible code with orchestration superpowers!
- Must Know for Data Scientists and Data Analysts: Causal Design Patterns - Mar 12, 2021.
Industry is a prime setting for observational causal inference, but many companies are blind to causal measurement beyond A/B tests. This formula-free primer illustrates analysis design patterns for measuring causal effects from observational data.
- A Machine Learning Model Monitoring Checklist: 7 Things to Track - Mar 11, 2021.
Once you deploy a machine learning model in production, you need to make sure it performs. In the article, we suggest how to monitor your models and open-source tools to use.
- How to Speed Up Pandas with Modin - Mar 10, 2021.
The Modin library has the ability to scale your pandas workflows by changing one line of code and integration with the Python ecosystem and Ray clusters. This tutorial goes over how to get started with Modin and how it can speed up your pandas workflows.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n10, Mar 10: More Resources for Women in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning; Speeding up Scikit-Learn Model Training - Mar 10, 2021.
More Resources for Women in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning; Speeding up Scikit-Learn Model Training; Dask and Pandas: No Such Thing as Too Much Data; 9 Skills You Need to Become a Data Engineer; 8 Women in AI Who Are Striving to Humanize the World
- 8 Women in AI Who Are Striving to Humanize the World - Mar 8, 2021.
Some exceptional female researchers and engineers are working on projects to make the world a better place with the help of AI, data science, and machine learning.
- More Resources for Women in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2021.
Useful resources to help more women enter and succeed in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n09, Mar 3: Top YouTube Channels for Data Science; Data Science Learning Roadmap for 2021 - Mar 3, 2021.
The top YouTube channels for Data Science; they will help you with Data Science Learning Roadmap for 2021; Another great learning option is Machine Learning Systems Design: A Free Stanford Course; and if you are still using pandas to process large datasets, here are two better options.
- 3 Mathematical Laws Data Scientists Need To Know - Mar 2, 2021.
Machine learning and data science are founded on important mathematics in statistics and probability. A few interesting mathematical laws you should understand will especially help you perform better as a Data Scientist, including Benford's Law, the Law of Large Numbers, and Zipf's Law.
- The Ultimate Guide to Acing Coding Interviews for Data Scientists - Mar 2, 2021.
This article covers understanding the 4 types of coding interview questions and preparing for them effectively.
- Top YouTube Channels for Data Science - Mar 1, 2021.
Have a look at the top 15 YouTube channels for data science by number of subscribers, along with some additional data on the channels to help you decide if they may have some content useful for you.
- Data Science Learning Roadmap for 2021 - Feb 26, 2021.
Venturing into the world of Data Science is an exciting, interesting, and rewarding path to consider. There is a great deal to master, and this self-learning recommendation plan will guide you toward establishing a solid understanding of all that is foundational to data science as well as a solid portfolio to showcase your developed expertise.
- 5 Supporting Skills That Can Help You Get a Data Science Job - Feb 25, 2021.
If you want to stand out among your fellow applicants, here are some supporting skills you should develop.
- The Difficulty of Graph Anonymisation - Feb 25, 2021.
Lessons from network science and the difficulty of graph anonymization. A data scientist's take on the difficultly of striking a balance between privacy and utility in anonymizing connected data.
- How Reading Papers Helps You Be a More Effective Data Scientist - Feb 24, 2021.
By reading papers, we were able to learn what others (e.g., LinkedIn) have found to work (and not work). We can then adapt their approach and not have to reinvent the rocket. This helps us deliver a working solution with lesser time and effort.
- Pandas Profiling: One-Line Magical Code for EDA - Feb 24, 2021.
EDA can be automated using a Python library called Pandas Profiling. Let’s explore Pandas profiling to do EDA in a very short time and with just a single line code.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n08, Feb 24: Powerful Exploratory Data Analysis in just two lines of code; Cartoon: Data Scientist vs Data Engineer - Feb 24, 2021.
Powerful Exploratory Data Analysis in just two lines of code; Cartoon: Data Scientist vs Data Engineer; Evaluating Deep Learning Models: The Confusion Matrix, Accuracy, Precision, and Recall; Feature Store as a Foundation for Machine Learning; Approaching (Almost) Any Machine Learning Problem
- Data Observability, Part II: How to Build Your Own Data Quality Monitors Using SQL - Feb 23, 2021.
Using schema and lineage to understand the root cause of your data anomalies.
- People Skills for Analytical Thinkers - Feb 19, 2021.
Research shows that people skills are becoming more important with the rise of AI. A great way to boost these skills is by reading the new book: People Skills for Analytical Thinkers.
- 10 resources for data science self-study - Feb 17, 2021.
Many resources exist for the self-study of data science. In our modern age of information technology, an enormous amount of free learning resources are available to anyone, and with effort and dedication, you can master the fundamentals of data science.
- Data Observability: Building Data Quality Monitors Using SQL - Feb 16, 2021.
To trigger an alert when data breaks, data teams can leverage a tried and true tactic from our friends in software engineering: monitoring and observability. In this article, we walk through how you can create your own data quality monitors for freshness and distribution from scratch using SQL.
- Telling a Great Data Story: A Visualization Decision Tree - Feb 15, 2021.
Pick your visualizations strategically. They need to tell a story.
- Essential Math for Data Science: Scalars and Vectors - Feb 12, 2021.
Linear algebra is the branch of mathematics that studies vector spaces. You’ll see how vectors constitute vector spaces and how linear algebra applies linear transformations to these spaces. You’ll also learn the powerful relationship between sets of linear equations and vector equations.
- Online MS in Data Science from Northwestern - Feb 11, 2021.
Advance your data science career with Northwestern. Build the essential technical, analytical, and leadership skills needed for careers in today's data-driven world in Northwestern's Master of Science in Data Science program. Apply now.
- Data Science vs Business Intelligence, Explained - Feb 10, 2021.
Knowing the differences between the business intelligence and data science is more than just a matter of semantics.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n06, Feb 10: The Best Data Science Project to Have in Your Portfolio; Deep learning doesn’t need to be a black box - Feb 10, 2021.
The Best Data Science Project to Have in Your Portfolio; Deep learning doesn’t need to be a black box; Build Your First Data Science Application; How to create stunning visualizations using python from scratch; How to Get Your First Job in Data Science without Any Work Experience
- Who is fit to lead data science? - Feb 9, 2021.
Data science success depends on leaders, not the latest hands-on programming skills. So, we need to start looking for the right leadership skills and stop stuffing job postings with requirements for experience in the most current development tools.
- How to Get Data Science Interviews: Finding Jobs, Reaching Gatekeepers, and Getting Referrals - Feb 8, 2021.
In this post, the author shares what to do to get job interviews efficiently. Find answers to these questions: Where should I look for data science jobs? How do I reach out to the gatekeeper? How do I get referrals? What makes a good data science resume?
- The Best Data Science Project to Have in Your Portfolio - Feb 8, 2021.
If you are trying to find your first path into a Data Science career, then demonstrating the quality of your skills can be the greatest hurdle. While many standard projects exist for anyone to complete, creating an original data-driven project that attempts to solve some challenge is worth so much more. A good Data Scientist is one that can solve data-related questions, and a great Data Scientist poses original data-related questions and then solves.
- Essential Math for Data Science: Introduction to Matrices and the Matrix Product - Feb 5, 2021.
As vectors, matrices are data structures allowing you to organize numbers. They are square or rectangular arrays containing values organized in two dimensions: as rows and columns. You can think of them as a spreadsheet. Learn more here.
- Build Your First Data Science Application - Feb 4, 2021.
Check out these seven Python libraries to make your first data science MVP application.
- How to Get Your First Job in Data Science without Any Work Experience - Feb 3, 2021.
Creativity, grit, and perseverance will become the three words you live by.