- Data Preparation in R Cheatsheet - Jul 5, 2022.
Leverage the powerful data wrangling tools in R’s dplyr to clean and prepare your data.
- Developing an Open Standard for Analytics Tracking - Jul 5, 2022.
Striving for a new generic way to structure analytics data, so models built on one data set can be deployed and run on another.
- Linear Regression for Data Science - Jul 5, 2022.
In this article, we discuss the importance of linear regression in data science and machine learning.
- Top 5 Data Management Platforms - Jun 29, 2022.
This article presents the top 5 data management platforms, in order to help you choose which might be best for you.
- Statistics and Probability for Data Science - Jun 29, 2022.
In this article, we discuss the importance of statistics and probability in data science and machine learning.
- Essential Math for Data Science: Eigenvectors and Application to PCA - Jun 28, 2022.
In this article, you’ll learn about the eigendecomposition of a matrix.
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Interviews – Part 2 - Jun 27, 2022.
The second part covers the list of Data Management, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, MLOps, Cloud Computing, and AI Manager interview questions.
- Comprehensive Guide to the Normal Distribution - Jun 23, 2022.
Drop in for some tips on how this fundamental statistics concept can improve your data science.
- Essential Math for Data Science: Visual Introduction to Singular Value Decomposition - Jun 21, 2022.
This article will cover singular value decomposition (SVD), which is a major topic of linear algebra, data science, and machine learning.
- Plotting and Data Visualization for Data Science - Jun 21, 2022.
In this article, we examine various types of plots used in data science and machine learning.
- Super Study Guide: A Free Algorithms and Data Structures eBook - Jun 20, 2022.
Check out Super Study Guide: Algorithms and Data Structures, a free ebook covering foundations, data structures, graphs, and trees, sorting and searching.
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Interviews – Part 1 - Jun 20, 2022.
The first part covers the list of Behavioral, Situational, Statistics, Python, R, SQL, Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence interview questions.
- Prepare Your Data for Effective Tableau & Power BI Dashboards - Jun 16, 2022.
Although dashboards have become quite an integral part of performance tracking in organizations, implementing them can be tricky even for the most experienced analysts. This guide walks you through the steps that will allow you to create easily updatable, automated and scalable Power BI / Tableau dashboards.
- Top 15 Books to Master Data Strategy - Jun 16, 2022.
In this article, we outline 15 books on topics ranging from the technical to the non-technical, to help you improve your understanding of end-to-end best practices related to data.
- Generate Synthetic Time-series Data with Open-source Tools - Jun 15, 2022.
An introduction to the generative adversarial network model DoppelGANger, and how you can use a new open-source PyTorch implementation of it to create high-quality synthetic time-series data.
- Top Data Science Podcasts for 2022 - Jun 15, 2022.
Here are some data science related podcasts to help you either grow your interest in the field, increase your current knowledge, or help you develop yourself.
- Understanding Functions for Data Science - Jun 9, 2022.
Most data science problems boil down to finding the mathematical function that describes the relationship between feature and target variables.
- Top 18 Data Science Facebook Groups - Jun 8, 2022.
Join the best data science groups on Facebook to share insights and experiences, ask for guidance, and build valuable connections.
- 3 Ways Understanding Bayes Theorem Will Improve Your Data Science - Jun 7, 2022.
Mastery of this intuitive statistical concept will advance your credibility as a decision-maker.
- Data Science is Overrated, Here’s Why - Jun 7, 2022.
Think twice before jumping on the data science bandwagon.
- Five Signs of an Effective Data Science Manager - Jun 3, 2022.
In this article, we will go beyond the theoretical realm of what a data science manager does and focus more on how to become an “effective” data science manager.
- Top 18 Data Science Groups on LinkedIn - Jun 1, 2022.
Join the best data science professional groups on LinkedIn to share insights and experiences, ask for guidance, and build valuable connections.
- Database Key Terms, Explained - May 30, 2022.
Interested in a survey of important database concepts and terminology? This post concisely defines 16 essential database key terms.
- Predicting Cryptocurrency Prices Using Regression Models - May 27, 2022.
In this article, we explore how to get started with the prediction of cryptocurrency prices using multiple linear regression. The factors investigated include predictions on various time intervals as well as the use of various features in the models such as opening price, high price, low price and volume.
- Data Science Projects That Will Land You The Job in 2022 - May 26, 2022.
Project ideas and portfolio tips from a self-taught data scientist.
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Books – Part 2 - May 26, 2022.
Read the best books on Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, MLOps, Robotics, IoT, AI Products Management, and Data Science for Executives.
- Descriptive Statistics Key Terms, Explained - May 25, 2022.
This is a collection of 15 basic descriptive statistics key terms, explained in easy to understand language, along with an example and some Python code for computing simple descriptive statistics.
- Data Science, Statistics and Machine Learning Dictionary - May 25, 2022.
Check out this curated list of the most used data science terminology and get a leg up on your learning.
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Books – Part 1 - May 19, 2022.
Read the best books on Programming, Statistics, Data Engineering, Web Scraping, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Applications, Data Management, Big Data, and Cloud Architecture.
- Should The Data Warehouse Be Immutable? - May 17, 2022.
Is the data warehouse broken? Is the "immutable data warehouse" the right path for your data team? Learn more here.
- Create Efficient Combined Data Sources with Tableau - May 11, 2022.
Save time and effort with this guide, which will show you how to do data join operations in Tableau.
- Data Mesh Architecture: Reimagining Data Management - May 11, 2022.
The objective of data mesh is to establish coherence between data coming from different domains across an enterprise. The domains are handled autonomously to eliminate the challenges of data availability and accessibility for cross-functional teams.
- 4 Steps for Managing a Data Science Project - May 10, 2022.
Good planning and preparation will not only improve productivity, but it will help avoid potential pitfalls and roadblocks that could be encountered during project execution.
- Free University Data Science Resources - May 10, 2022.
This is a list of FREE data science resources and notes that are available online, some of which are provided by universities.
- Learning Data Science If You’re Broke - May 9, 2022.
Check out this list of free resources, courses, and more to help you become a Data Scientist for free.
- An Overview of Mercury: Creating Data Science Portfolio and Notebook Based WebApps - May 9, 2022.
Turn your dull Jupyter notebooks into interactive web apps by adding a YAML header and sharing it with your friends and colleagues. You can also use Mercury to create your data science portfolio, which consists of a resume and projects.
- How to Build Strong Data Science Portfolio as a Beginner - May 5, 2022.
After learning the basics of data science, you can start to work on real-world problems. But how do you showcase your work? In this article, we are going to learn a unique way to create a data science portfolio.
- Hypothesis Testing Explained - May 5, 2022.
This brief overview of the concept of Hypothesis Testing covers its classification in parametric and non-parametric tests, and when to use the most popular ones, including means, correlation, and distribution, in the case of one sample and two samples.
- 3 Steps for Harnessing the Power of Data - May 4, 2022.
Even though data is now produced at an unprecedented amount, data must be collected, processed, transformed, and analyzed to harness its power. Read more about the 3 main stages involved.
- How To Structure a Data Science Project: A Step-by-Step Guide - May 4, 2022.
Check out all the necessary steps to successfully structure your data science projects leveraging data science templates.
- 5 Key Components of a Data Sharing Platform - May 3, 2022.
Read this article for an overview of what the components of a data-sharing platform are.
- 9 Free Harvard Courses to Learn Data Science in 2022 - May 2, 2022.
Learn Python programming, statistics, and machine learning online from one of the world’s top universities.
- Data Management: How to Stay on Top of Your Customer’s Mind? - Apr 29, 2022.
Extract, profile, and manage your customer data in a flash with customer data management solutions, and achieve a customer-centric culture.
- How Metadata Improves Security, Quality, and Transparency - Apr 25, 2022.
Metadata is the data providing context about the data, more than what you see in the rows and columns. By managing your metadata, you're effectively creating an encyclopedia of your data assets.
- Top Data Science Projects to Build Your Skills - Apr 25, 2022.
Check out this list of data science project ideas that you can use to boost your skills, organized by level of expertise.
- Top 5 Free Cloud Notebooks in 2022 - Apr 25, 2022.
Create and collaborate on data science projects or train machine learning models using free cloud Jupyter notebook platforms. You get a hassle-free IDE experience and free compute resources.
- The 8 Basic Statistics Concepts for Data Science - Apr 21, 2022.
Understanding the fundamentals of statistics is a core capability for becoming a Data Scientist. Review these essential ideas that will be pervasive in your work and raise your expertise in the field.
- Building a Scalable ETL with SQL + Python - Apr 21, 2022.
This post will look at building a modular ETL pipeline that transforms data with SQL and visualizes it with Python and R.
- A Brief Introduction to Papers With Code - Apr 20, 2022.
One-stop shop to learn about state-of-the-art research papers with access to open-source resources including machine learning models, datasets, methods, evaluation tables, and code.
- Prioritizing Data Science Models for Production - Apr 19, 2022.
Statistical performance metrics aren’t enough to pick the right models to bring to market.
- Top YouTube Channels for Learning Data Science - Apr 18, 2022.
YouTube has become an important element in people's self-development and increase of knowledge. Check out this list of YouTube channels that offer Data Science learning.
- How to Ace Data Science Assessment Test by Using Automatic EDA Tools - Apr 14, 2022.
By using a few lines of code, you can understand key aspects of a given dataset. These tools have helped me answer business-related questions during the data assessment test by Alooba.
- The Complete Collection Of Data Repositories – Part 2 - Apr 11, 2022.
Check out the collection of the best data repositories on healthcare, natural language, neuroscience, physics, social network, sports, time series, transportation, miscellaneous, and super data repositories.
- A Quick Guide to Find the Right Minds for Annotation - Apr 8, 2022.
Let's look through the points below for useful tips on how to choose the proper outsourcing partner to handle the labeling for your next AI model.
- 5 Ways to Expand Your Knowledge in Data Science Beyond Online Courses - Apr 7, 2022.
Let's have a look at ways we can expand our data science knowledge that go beyond online courses.
- The Complete Collection Of Data Repositories – Part 1 - Apr 4, 2022.
Check out the collection of the best data repositories on agriculture, audio, biology, climate, computer vision, economics, education, energy, finance, and government.
- How to Design Experiments for Data Collection - Apr 1, 2022.
Several factors must be taken into consideration when designing experiments for data collection.
- A Bug That Can Make You a Data Science Hero - Mar 31, 2022.
What if I tell you that there is a bug that can take you on a ride in the world of data science. Yes, if you have the bug of curiosity, consider yourself the best fit for the data science profession.
- 8 Free MIT Courses to Learn Data Science Online - Mar 30, 2022.
Create a data science learning path with courses from the world’s most prestigious university.
- Data Science at the Command Line: The Free eBook - Mar 28, 2022.
If you are familiar with Python & R, then improve your current data science workflow by integrating Unix power tools.
- Feature Stores for Real-time AI & Machine Learning - Mar 18, 2022.
Real-time AI/ML is on the rise and feature stores are key to successfully deploying them. Read on to see how the choice of online store and the feature store architecture play important roles in determining its performance and cost.
- How to Generate Synthetic Tabular Dataset - Mar 17, 2022.
Check out this article on using CTGANs to create synthetic datasets for reducing privacy risks, training and testing machine learning models, and developing data-centric AI products.
- Best Data Science Books for Beginners - Mar 16, 2022.
The best knowledge is still placed in the libraries; within books. In this article, discover some of the top recommended Data Science books catering to beginners.
- Using Data Science to Make Clean Energy More Equitable - Mar 9, 2022.
Here are some lessons inspired by a recent panel the author moderated about how data scientists can help put equity into practice.
- How Long Does It Take to Learn Data Science Fundamentals? - Mar 9, 2022.
This article discusses 2 levels of data science learning, and the amount of time that will need to go into each. From 6 months to 4 years, this write-up covers a number of skills and how long it takes to acquire them.
- 5 Data Science Projects to Learn 5 Critical Data Science Skills - Mar 7, 2022.
Learn these to take any data science project idea from brainstorm to deployment.
- Open Data and Why it is Necessary - Mar 5, 2022.
Open data improves accessibility and encourages universal participation, which allows companies to create cutting-edge, data-driven technologies and make the world a better place.
- 3 Possible Ways to Get into Data Science - Mar 2, 2022.
This article will discuss 3 possible ways of getting into the field of data science.
- Data: The Most Valuable Commodity for Businesses - Mar 1, 2022.
Many companies have been capturing customer data in some form or another for decades. Petabytes of data are traversing networks worldwide every day, and all of that data means big money. Here's how companies can best utilize this data to influence positive outcomes.
- Top Data Science Tools for 2022 - Mar 1, 2022.
Check out this curated collection for new and popular tools to add to your data stack this year.
- Top 7 YouTube Courses on Data Analytics - Feb 25, 2022.
Learn data analytics by taking the best YouTube courses. These courses will cover data analysis with Python, R, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, Excel, and SPSS.
- Telling a Great Data Story: A Visualization Decision Tree - Feb 25, 2022.
Pick your visualizations strategically. They need to tell a story.
- Cloud Storage Adoption is the Need of the Hour for Business - Feb 23, 2022.
The rush towards cloud storage means that the cloud has to offer a valuable proposition to businesses. Let’s explore why businesses regardless of their size should consider moving to the cloud.
- Orchestrate a Data Science Project in Python With Prefect - Feb 22, 2022.
Learn how to optimize your data science workflow in a few lines of code.
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Cheat Sheets – Part 2 - Feb 21, 2022.
A collection of cheat sheets that will help you prepare for a technical interview on Data Structures & Algorithms, Machine learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Engineering, Web Frameworks.
- 4 Ways Hackers Are Using Data Science to Steal Billions - Feb 18, 2022.
The best way to stop your enemy is to know your enemy. Here are four ways hackers are using data science - and how they can be stopped.
- From Oracle to Databases for AI: The Evolution of Data Storage - Feb 15, 2022.
From Oracle, to NoSQL databases, and beyond, read about data management solutions from the early days of the RBDMS to those supporting AI applications.
- Common Data Problems (and Solutions) - Feb 15, 2022.
Let’s have a look into some of the common problems with data and the solutions for them.
- Knowledge Discovery, Data Gravity, and AI: Usama Fayyad & Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro on the Data and AI Legends Podcast - Feb 15, 2022.
Public understanding of AI applications usually goes through a phase shift, from "it cannot be done" to "of course, a computer can do it".
- Data Mesh & Its Distributed Data Architecture - Feb 10, 2022.
Going forward, data professionals have found a new way to address the scalability of sources through data mesh.
- Data Science Definition Humor: A Collection of Quirky Quotes Related to Data Science Definitions - Feb 10, 2022.
Read this collection of humorous, insightful quotes around data science that will hopefully brighten your day and make you laugh!
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Cheat Sheets – Part 1 - Feb 8, 2022.
A collection of cheat sheets that will help you prepare for a technical interview, assessment tests, class presentation, and help you revise core data science concepts.
- 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners - Feb 7, 2022.
This article features 19 data science projects for beginners, categorized into 7 full project tutorials, 5 places to come up with your own data science projects using data, and 7 skills-based data science projects.
- Celebrating Awareness of the Importance of Data Privacy - Jan 28, 2022.
January 28 is Data Privacy Day, bringing awareness of the basic foundation and principles of data protection. Read about the day itself, why data privacy is important, and best practices you can adhere to in order to help ensure the privacy of your data.
- Unstructured Data: The Must-Have For Analytics In 2022 - Jan 26, 2022.
Let's investigate the current need that enterprise organizations have to rapidly parse through unstructured data and examine several data management trends that are highly relevant in 2022.
- Getting Started Cleaning Data - Jan 26, 2022.
In order to achieve quality data, there is a process that needs to happen. That process is data cleaning. Learn more about the various stages of this process.
- How to Set Up Your Data Science Stack on a Budget - Jan 25, 2022.
Whether you’re working independently or setting up a stack for a company, you need an affordable stack option. Here’s how you can set up your stack without spending too much.
- 6 Data Science Technologies You Need to Build Your Supply Chain Pipeline - Jan 19, 2022.
Here are some of the data science technologies needed to build a comprehensive and smooth supply chain pipeline.
- Demystifying Bad Science - Jan 18, 2022.
Rigorous science is challenging and any study can be questioned. Deception is part of human nature and scientists are human, as are journalists and policymakers. We are too and must be careful not to trust a study just because we find it exciting, or because it comforts us or conforms to our beliefs.
- The Best Learning Resources for Data Science in 2022 - Jan 18, 2022.
Unclutter your space and learn about the best books, free tutorials, courses, platforms, and certifications to start your data science journey.
- Data Quality: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Jan 17, 2022.
Incorrect or unclean data leads to false conclusions. The time you take to understand and clean the data is vital to the outcome and quality of the results. Data Quality always takes the win against complex fancy algorithms.
- Running Redis on Google Colab - Jan 14, 2022.
Open source Redis is being increasingly used in Machine Learning, but running it on Colab is different compared to on your local machine or with Docker. Read on for a 2-step tutorial on how to do it.
- Fake It Till You Make It: Generating Realistic Synthetic Customer Datasets - Jan 11, 2022.
Finding the data you need is hard. So why not fake it?
- The Story of the Women in Data Science (WiDS) Datathon - Jan 10, 2022.
The author shares their experience of almost winning the competition and the things they have learned from the failures. Learn more about the WiDS Datathon and tips on winning the next challenge.
- Cutting Down Implementation Time by Integrating Jupyter and KNIME - Dec 23, 2021.
Are you a KNIME fan or a Jupyter fan? Well, here you don’t have to choose.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n48, Dec 22: Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 22, 2021.
Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist; A Full End-to-End Deployment of a Machine Learning Algorithm into a Live Production Environment; The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist; Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science
- Three R Libraries Every Data Scientist Should Know (Even if You Use Python) - Dec 20, 2021.
Check out these powerful R libraries built by the world’s biggest tech companies.
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist - Dec 17, 2021.
I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science - Dec 16, 2021.
Let’s take a look at the current state of statistics in data science, and what you can do to accelerate your learning.
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 15, 2021.
Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
- Data Science & Analytics Industry Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022 - Dec 14, 2021.
We have solicited insights from experts at industry-leading companies, asking: "What were the main AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Developments in 2021 and what key trends do you expect in 2022?" Read their opinions here.
- 12 Tips: From Data Analyst to Startup Co-Founder - Dec 14, 2021.
Thinking about taking your data science expertise to a new level of creating a start-up company? These tips -- learned from experience -- can help you forge an early path toward success.
- My First Six Months as a Data Scientist - Dec 13, 2021.
The technical and non-technical lessons I’ve learned.
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science - Dec 10, 2021.
How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
- Main 2021 Developments and Key 2022 Trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Technology - Dec 10, 2021.
Our panel of leading experts reviews 2021 main developments and examines the key trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Technology.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022 - Dec 8, 2021.
2021 has almost come and gone. We saw some standout advancements in AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research this past year, and the future, starting with 2022, looks bright. As per KDnuggets tradition, our collection of experts have contributed their insights on the matter. Read on to find out more.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n46, Dec 8: How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022 - Dec 8, 2021.
How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022; 2021: A Year Full of Amazing AI papers — A Review; What Does a Data Scientist Do?; A $9B AI Failure, Examined
- Advance your data science career to the next level - Dec 7, 2021.
SAS offers a wide range of hands-on courses for data science professionals to help you get ahead – and stay ahead – in your data science career.
- What Does a Data Scientist Do? - Dec 6, 2021.
This guide provides you with the best possible, most direct, and clear answers to "What is data science?" and "What does a data scientist do?".
- Enhance Your Data Mining Career - Dec 2, 2021.
UC San Diego Extension’s certificate in Data Mining is a five course, 15-unit program, that can be completed in as little as one year. Upon completion, you will be equipped with the necessary skills to make data-driven decisions in any industry. Find out more today.
- 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022 - Dec 1, 2021.
This curated list of data science projects offers real-life problems that will help you master skills to demonstration that you are technically sound and know how to conduct data science projects that add business value.
- Clustering in Crowdsourcing: Methodology and Applications - Nov 30, 2021.
As a result of the efforts outlined in this article, we confirmed that clustering through crowdsourcing is indeed possible and works impressively well.
- Cartoon: Data Science for Thanksgiving - Nov 25, 2021.
A classic KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- What’s the difference between a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst? - Nov 25, 2021.
Find out the major differences between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist, and read the author's pointers on what they would recommend you to do if you wish to make that transition from Data Analyst to Data Scientist.
- Can You Become a Data Scientist Online? - Nov 24, 2021.
Until November 29th, you can join over 1.5 million students around the globe and gain the skills of successful data science professionals with unlimited annual access to the 365 Data Science Program at 72% OFF. Read on to learn more!
- Common Misconceptions About Differential Privacy - Nov 24, 2021.
This article will clarify some common misconceptions about differential privacy and what it guarantees.
- 5 Tips to Get Your First Data Scientist Job - Nov 22, 2021.
Read some of the key things the author has learned during the infamous job seeking stage.
- 3 Differences Between Coding in Data Science and Machine Learning - Nov 19, 2021.
The terms ‘data science’ and ‘machine learning’ are often used interchangeably. But while they are related, there are some glaring differences, so let’s take a look at the differences between the two disciplines, specifically as it relates to programming.
- Data Scientists: How to Sell Your Project and Yourself - Nov 18, 2021.
Follow this formula for the perfect elevator pitch.
- Easy Synthetic Data in Python with Faker - Nov 17, 2021.
Faker is a Python library that generates fake data to supplement or take the place of real world data. See how it can be used for data science.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n44, Nov 17: Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network; 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners - Nov 17, 2021.
Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network; 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners; How I Redesigned over 100 ETL into ELT Data Pipelines; Anecdotes from 11 Role Models in Machine Learning; The Ultimate Guide To Different Word Embedding Techniques In NLP
- Virtual Presentation Tips for Data Scientists - Nov 16, 2021.
Learn how to effectively communicate your work.
- Two Simple Things You Need to Steal from Agile for Data and Analytics Work - Nov 16, 2021.
Peer Review and Definition of Done: small changes, BIG impact.
- Anecdotes from 11 Role Models in Machine Learning - Nov 12, 2021.
The skills needed to create good data are also the skills needed for good leadership.
- Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network - Nov 10, 2021.
Instead, focus on what matters.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n42, Nov 3: Google Recommendations Before Taking Their Machine Learning Course; Guide to Data Science Jobs - Nov 3, 2021.
What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course; A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs; Analyze Python Code in Jupyter Notebooks; Machine Learning Model Development and Model Operations: Principles and Practices; Want to Join a Bank? Everything Data Scientists Need to Know About Working in Fintech
- Three reasons to self-host your product analytics - Nov 2, 2021.
Want three reasons to avoid the cloud and host your own analytics platform? More data, more control, more secure.
- What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course - Oct 28, 2021.
First steps to learning data science & machine learning are the foundations.
- Four Basic Steps in Data Preparation - Oct 26, 2021.
What we would like to do here is introduce four very basic and very general steps in data preparation for machine learning algorithms. We will describe how and why to apply such transformations within a specific example.
- Save Sarah Connor with Data Science - Oct 25, 2021.
Data science and data privacy are deeply interwoven, and must be carefully considered by practitioners. In comparing the Safe Harbour and Expert Determination data obfuscation approaches, Safe Harbour has been very popular among data engineers but has fundamental limitations, where Expert Determination offers important advantages.