- How Long Does It Take to Learn Data Science Fundamentals? - Mar 9, 2022.
This article discusses 2 levels of data science learning, and the amount of time that will need to go into each. From 6 months to 4 years, this write-up covers a number of skills and how long it takes to acquire them.
- 5 Data Science Projects to Learn 5 Critical Data Science Skills - Mar 7, 2022.
Learn these to take any data science project idea from brainstorm to deployment.
- Open Data and Why it is Necessary - Mar 5, 2022.
Open data improves accessibility and encourages universal participation, which allows companies to create cutting-edge, data-driven technologies and make the world a better place.
- 3 Possible Ways to Get into Data Science - Mar 2, 2022.
This article will discuss 3 possible ways of getting into the field of data science.
- Data: The Most Valuable Commodity for Businesses - Mar 1, 2022.
Many companies have been capturing customer data in some form or another for decades. Petabytes of data are traversing networks worldwide every day, and all of that data means big money. Here's how companies can best utilize this data to influence positive outcomes.
- Top Data Science Tools for 2022 - Mar 1, 2022.
Check out this curated collection for new and popular tools to add to your data stack this year.
- Top 7 YouTube Courses on Data Analytics - Feb 25, 2022.
Learn data analytics by taking the best YouTube courses. These courses will cover data analysis with Python, R, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, Excel, and SPSS.
- Cloud Storage Adoption is the Need of the Hour for Business - Feb 23, 2022.
The rush towards cloud storage means that the cloud has to offer a valuable proposition to businesses. Let’s explore why businesses regardless of their size should consider moving to the cloud.
- Orchestrate a Data Science Project in Python With Prefect - Feb 22, 2022.
Learn how to optimize your data science workflow in a few lines of code.
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Cheat Sheets – Part 2 - Feb 21, 2022.
A collection of cheat sheets that will help you prepare for a technical interview on Data Structures & Algorithms, Machine learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Engineering, Web Frameworks.
- 4 Ways Hackers Are Using Data Science to Steal Billions - Feb 18, 2022.
The best way to stop your enemy is to know your enemy. Here are four ways hackers are using data science - and how they can be stopped.
- From Oracle to Databases for AI: The Evolution of Data Storage - Feb 15, 2022.
From Oracle, to NoSQL databases, and beyond, read about data management solutions from the early days of the RBDMS to those supporting AI applications.
- Common Data Problems (and Solutions) - Feb 15, 2022.
Let’s have a look into some of the common problems with data and the solutions for them.
- Knowledge Discovery, Data Gravity, and AI: Usama Fayyad & Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro on the Data and AI Legends Podcast - Feb 15, 2022.
Public understanding of AI applications usually goes through a phase shift, from "it cannot be done" to "of course, a computer can do it".
- Data Mesh & Its Distributed Data Architecture - Feb 10, 2022.
Going forward, data professionals have found a new way to address the scalability of sources through data mesh.
- Data Science Definition Humor: A Collection of Quirky Quotes Related to Data Science Definitions - Feb 10, 2022.
Read this collection of humorous, insightful quotes around data science that will hopefully brighten your day and make you laugh!
- The Complete Collection of Data Science Cheat Sheets – Part 1 - Feb 8, 2022.
A collection of cheat sheets that will help you prepare for a technical interview, assessment tests, class presentation, and help you revise core data science concepts.
- 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners - Feb 7, 2022.
This article features 19 data science projects for beginners, categorized into 7 full project tutorials, 5 places to come up with your own data science projects using data, and 7 skills-based data science projects.
- Celebrating Awareness of the Importance of Data Privacy - Jan 28, 2022.
January 28 is Data Privacy Day, bringing awareness of the basic foundation and principles of data protection. Read about the day itself, why data privacy is important, and best practices you can adhere to in order to help ensure the privacy of your data.
- Unstructured Data: The Must-Have For Analytics In 2022 - Jan 26, 2022.
Let's investigate the current need that enterprise organizations have to rapidly parse through unstructured data and examine several data management trends that are highly relevant in 2022.
- Getting Started Cleaning Data - Jan 26, 2022.
In order to achieve quality data, there is a process that needs to happen. That process is data cleaning. Learn more about the various stages of this process.
- How to Set Up Your Data Science Stack on a Budget - Jan 25, 2022.
Whether you’re working independently or setting up a stack for a company, you need an affordable stack option. Here’s how you can set up your stack without spending too much.
- 6 Data Science Technologies You Need to Build Your Supply Chain Pipeline - Jan 19, 2022.
Here are some of the data science technologies needed to build a comprehensive and smooth supply chain pipeline.
- Demystifying Bad Science - Jan 18, 2022.
Rigorous science is challenging and any study can be questioned. Deception is part of human nature and scientists are human, as are journalists and policymakers. We are too and must be careful not to trust a study just because we find it exciting, or because it comforts us or conforms to our beliefs.
- The Best Learning Resources for Data Science in 2022 - Jan 18, 2022.
Unclutter your space and learn about the best books, free tutorials, courses, platforms, and certifications to start your data science journey.
- Data Quality: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Jan 17, 2022.
Incorrect or unclean data leads to false conclusions. The time you take to understand and clean the data is vital to the outcome and quality of the results. Data Quality always takes the win against complex fancy algorithms.
- Running Redis on Google Colab - Jan 14, 2022.
Open source Redis is being increasingly used in Machine Learning, but running it on Colab is different compared to on your local machine or with Docker. Read on for a 2-step tutorial on how to do it.
- The Story of the Women in Data Science (WiDS) Datathon - Jan 10, 2022.
The author shares their experience of almost winning the competition and the things they have learned from the failures. Learn more about the WiDS Datathon and tips on winning the next challenge.
- Cutting Down Implementation Time by Integrating Jupyter and KNIME - Dec 23, 2021.
Are you a KNIME fan or a Jupyter fan? Well, here you don’t have to choose.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n48, Dec 22: Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 22, 2021.
Write Clean Python Code Using Pipes; 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist; A Full End-to-End Deployment of a Machine Learning Algorithm into a Live Production Environment; The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist; Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science
- Three R Libraries Every Data Scientist Should Know (Even if You Use Python) - Dec 20, 2021.
Check out these powerful R libraries built by the world’s biggest tech companies.
- The 5 Characteristics of a Successful Data Scientist - Dec 17, 2021.
I've put some thought into this, and come up with the 5 characteristics of a what I believe define a successful data scientist. Do you agree?
- Top Resources for Learning Statistics for Data Science - Dec 16, 2021.
Let’s take a look at the current state of statistics in data science, and what you can do to accelerate your learning.
- 5 Key Skills Needed To Become a Great Data Scientist - Dec 15, 2021.
Based on 10 years of my experience (learn to build those skills).
- Data Science & Analytics Industry Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022 - Dec 14, 2021.
We have solicited insights from experts at industry-leading companies, asking: "What were the main AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Developments in 2021 and what key trends do you expect in 2022?" Read their opinions here.
- 12 Tips: From Data Analyst to Startup Co-Founder - Dec 14, 2021.
Thinking about taking your data science expertise to a new level of creating a start-up company? These tips -- learned from experience -- can help you forge an early path toward success.
- My First Six Months as a Data Scientist - Dec 13, 2021.
The technical and non-technical lessons I’ve learned.
- Stop Learning Data Science to Find Purpose and Find Purpose to Learn Data Science - Dec 10, 2021.
How I flipped the educational model to become a more effective data scientist.
- Main 2021 Developments and Key 2022 Trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Technology - Dec 10, 2021.
Our panel of leading experts reviews 2021 main developments and examines the key trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Technology.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022 - Dec 8, 2021.
2021 has almost come and gone. We saw some standout advancements in AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research this past year, and the future, starting with 2022, looks bright. As per KDnuggets tradition, our collection of experts have contributed their insights on the matter. Read on to find out more.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n46, Dec 8: How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022 - Dec 8, 2021.
How to Get Certified as a Data Scientist; 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022; 2021: A Year Full of Amazing AI papers — A Review; What Does a Data Scientist Do?; A $9B AI Failure, Examined
- Advance your data science career to the next level - Dec 7, 2021.
SAS offers a wide range of hands-on courses for data science professionals to help you get ahead – and stay ahead – in your data science career.
- What Does a Data Scientist Do? - Dec 6, 2021.
This guide provides you with the best possible, most direct, and clear answers to "What is data science?" and "What does a data scientist do?".
- Enhance Your Data Mining Career - Dec 2, 2021.
UC San Diego Extension’s certificate in Data Mining is a five course, 15-unit program, that can be completed in as little as one year. Upon completion, you will be equipped with the necessary skills to make data-driven decisions in any industry. Find out more today.
- 5 Practical Data Science Projects That Will Help You Solve Real Business Problems for 2022 - Dec 1, 2021.
This curated list of data science projects offers real-life problems that will help you master skills to demonstration that you are technically sound and know how to conduct data science projects that add business value.
- Clustering in Crowdsourcing: Methodology and Applications - Nov 30, 2021.
As a result of the efforts outlined in this article, we confirmed that clustering through crowdsourcing is indeed possible and works impressively well.
- Cartoon: Data Science for Thanksgiving - Nov 25, 2021.
A classic KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- What’s the difference between a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst? - Nov 25, 2021.
Find out the major differences between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist, and read the author's pointers on what they would recommend you to do if you wish to make that transition from Data Analyst to Data Scientist.
- Can You Become a Data Scientist Online? - Nov 24, 2021.
Until November 29th, you can join over 1.5 million students around the globe and gain the skills of successful data science professionals with unlimited annual access to the 365 Data Science Program at 72% OFF. Read on to learn more!
- Common Misconceptions About Differential Privacy - Nov 24, 2021.
This article will clarify some common misconceptions about differential privacy and what it guarantees.
- 5 Tips to Get Your First Data Scientist Job - Nov 22, 2021.
Read some of the key things the author has learned during the infamous job seeking stage.
- 3 Differences Between Coding in Data Science and Machine Learning - Nov 19, 2021.
The terms ‘data science’ and ‘machine learning’ are often used interchangeably. But while they are related, there are some glaring differences, so let’s take a look at the differences between the two disciplines, specifically as it relates to programming.
- Data Scientists: How to Sell Your Project and Yourself - Nov 18, 2021.
Follow this formula for the perfect elevator pitch.
- Easy Synthetic Data in Python with Faker - Nov 17, 2021.
Faker is a Python library that generates fake data to supplement or take the place of real world data. See how it can be used for data science.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n44, Nov 17: Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network; 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners - Nov 17, 2021.
Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network; 19 Data Science Project Ideas for Beginners; How I Redesigned over 100 ETL into ELT Data Pipelines; Anecdotes from 11 Role Models in Machine Learning; The Ultimate Guide To Different Word Embedding Techniques In NLP
- Virtual Presentation Tips for Data Scientists - Nov 16, 2021.
Learn how to effectively communicate your work.
- Two Simple Things You Need to Steal from Agile for Data and Analytics Work - Nov 16, 2021.
Peer Review and Definition of Done: small changes, BIG impact.
- Anecdotes from 11 Role Models in Machine Learning - Nov 12, 2021.
The skills needed to create good data are also the skills needed for good leadership.
- Don’t Waste Time Building Your Data Science Network - Nov 10, 2021.
Instead, focus on what matters.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n42, Nov 3: Google Recommendations Before Taking Their Machine Learning Course; Guide to Data Science Jobs - Nov 3, 2021.
What Google Recommends You do Before Taking Their Machine Learning or Data Science Course; A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs; Analyze Python Code in Jupyter Notebooks; Machine Learning Model Development and Model Operations: Principles and Practices; Want to Join a Bank? Everything Data Scientists Need to Know About Working in Fintech
- Three reasons to self-host your product analytics - Nov 2, 2021.
Want three reasons to avoid the cloud and host your own analytics platform? More data, more control, more secure.
- Four Basic Steps in Data Preparation - Oct 26, 2021.
What we would like to do here is introduce four very basic and very general steps in data preparation for machine learning algorithms. We will describe how and why to apply such transformations within a specific example.
- Save Sarah Connor with Data Science - Oct 25, 2021.
Data science and data privacy are deeply interwoven, and must be carefully considered by practitioners. In comparing the Safe Harbour and Expert Determination data obfuscation approaches, Safe Harbour has been very popular among data engineers but has fundamental limitations, where Expert Determination offers important advantages.
- Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not) - Oct 20, 2021.
Choosing what to include in your data science portfolio during the job search is the most important part of the process. Each project should be well-structured so that a hiring manager can assess your skills quickly. To help you get started, we highlight a few data science project ideas that you should consider for your portfolio.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n40, Oct 20: The 20 Python Packages You Need For Machine Learning and Data Science; Ace Data Science Interviews with Portfolio Projects - Oct 20, 2021.
The 20 Python Packages You Need For Machine Learning and Data Science; How to Ace Data Science Interview by Working on Portfolio Projects; Deploying Your First Machine Learning API; Real Time Image Segmentation Using 5 Lines of Code; What is Clustering and How Does it Work?
- How Data Professionals Can Impress Even When Busy - Oct 19, 2021.
While there may be plenty of room for advancement even when busy, how to achieve that isn’t always clear. In that spirit, here are five ways you can impress your company leadership.
- The 20 Python Packages You Need For Machine Learning and Data Science - Oct 14, 2021.
Do you do Python? Do you do data science and machine learning? Then, you need to do these crucial Python libraries that enable nearly all you will want to do.
- How Hasura Improved Conversion Rates By 20% With PostHog - Oct 13, 2021.
Find out how Hasura increased conversion rates by 10-20% by using PostHog for self-hosted product analytics!
- How to Ace Data Science Interview by Working on Portfolio Projects - Oct 13, 2021.
Recruiters of Data Science professionals around the world focus on portfolio projects rather than resumes and LinkedIn profiles. So, learning early how to contribute and share your work on GitHub, Deepnote, and Kaggle can help you perform your best during data science interviews.
- Choose The Right Job in Data: 5 Signs To Look For In An Engineering Culture - Oct 8, 2021.
Software engineers seeking jobs at data companies face a new problem: choosing the right job out of all the options. Learn the 5 signs that signal an agile and innovative engineering culture.
- Dealing with Data Leakage - Oct 8, 2021.
Target leakage and data leakage represent challenging problems in machine learning. Be prepared to recognize and avoid these potentially messy problems.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n38, Oct 6: Build a Strong Data Science Portfolio; Surpassing Trillion Parameters with Switch Transformers — a path to AGI? - Oct 6, 2021.
How to Build Strong Data Science Portfolio as a Beginner; Surpassing Trillion Parameters and GPT-3 with Switch Transformers — a path to AGI?; How Deep Is That Data Lake?; Data Science Process Lifecycle; Use These Unique Data Sets to Sharpen Your Data Science Skills; How to Auto-Detect the Date/Datetime Columns and Set Their Datatype When Reading a CSV File in Pandas
- Data science SQL interview questions from top tech firms - Oct 5, 2021.
As a data scientist, there is one thing you really need to understand and know how to handle: data. With SQL being a foundational technical approach for working with data, it should not be surprising that the top tech companies will ask about your SQL skills during an interview. Here, we cover the key concepts tested so you can best prepare for your next data science interview.
- Advanced Statistical Concepts in Data Science - Sep 30, 2021.
The article contains some of the most commonly used advanced statistical concepts along with their Python implementation.
- GitHub Desktop for Data Scientists - Sep 29, 2021.
Less scary than version control in the command line.
- Important Statistics Data Scientists Need to Know - Sep 29, 2021.
Several fundamental statistical concepts must be well appreciated by every data scientist -- from the enthusiast to the professional. Here, we provide code snippets in Python to increase understanding to bring you key tools that bring early insight into your data.
- Data Science Process Lifecycle - Sep 29, 2021.
How would it feel to know that without a doubt, the data projects you were working on would create TRUE ROI for your organization? Stick around until the end to get my data science process lifecycle framework so that each data project you run is a smashing success.
- Path to Full Stack Data Science - Sep 27, 2021.
Start your journey toward mastering all aspects of the field of Data Science with this focused list of in-depth self-learning resources. Curated with the beginner in mind, these recommendations will help you learn efficiently, and can also offer existing professionals useful highlights for review or help filling in any gaps in skills.
- Data Analysis Using Scala - Sep 24, 2021.
It is very important to choose the right tool for data analysis. On the Kaggle forums, where international Data Science competitions are held, people often ask which tool is better. R and Python are at the top of the list. In this article we will tell you about an alternative stack of data analysis technologies, based on Scala.
- How Data Scientists Can Compete in the Global Job Market - Sep 24, 2021.
Data scientists wanting to stay competitive or break into the field will need the right approach. These techniques will help them search for and secure a new position.
- Nine Tools I Wish I Mastered Before My PhD in Machine Learning - Sep 22, 2021.
Whether you are building a start up or making scientific breakthroughs these tools will bring your ML pipeline to the next level.
- Paradoxes in Data Science - Sep 17, 2021.
Have a look into some of the main paradoxes associate with Data Science and it’s statistical foundations.
- What 2 years of self-teaching data science taught me - Sep 17, 2021.
Many of us self-learn data science from the very beginning. While continuing to self-learn on demand is crucial, especially after you become a professional, there can be many pitfalls early on for learning the wrong way or missing out on key ideas that are important for the real-world application of data science.
- 85% of data science projects fail – here’s how to avoid it - Sep 13, 2021.
Here are a few common traps that data scientists can avoid to NOT be one of the 85% of data science projects that fail.
- 3 Most Important Lessons I’ve Learned 3 Years Into My Data Science Career - Sep 13, 2021.
After only 3 years of working as a data professional, many tried-and-true lessons can be learned. Here are 3 of the most important lessons learned with key takeaways and reflections shared.
- Working with Python APIs For Data Science Project - Sep 10, 2021.
In this article, we will work with YouTube Python API to collect video statistics from our channel using the requests python library to make an API call and save it as a Pandas DataFrame.
- A Data Science Portfolio That Will Land You The Job - Sep 10, 2021.
Landing a data science job is no easy feat, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. This article provides aspiring data scientists with advice on building a data science portfolio that stands out.
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist - Sep 9, 2021.
This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
- 300 Data Science Leaders Share What’s Holding Their Teams Back - Sep 8, 2021.
Flawed investments in people, processes, and tools are crushing potential business impact.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n34, Sep 8: Do You Read Excel Files with Python? There is a 1000x Faster Way; Hypothesis Testing Explained - Sep 8, 2021.
Do You Read Excel Files with Python? There is a 1000x Faster Way; Hypothesis Testing Explained; Data Science Cheat Sheet 2.0; 6 Cool Python Libraries That I Came Across Recently; Best Resources to Learn Natural Language Processing in 2021
- How Machine Learning Leverages Linear Algebra to Solve Data Problems - Sep 7, 2021.
Why you should learn the fundamentals of linear algebra.
- ebook: Learn Data Science with R – free download - Sep 7, 2021.
Check out this new book for data science beginners with many practical examples that covers statistics, R, graphing, and machine learning. As a source to learn the full breadth of data science foundations, "Learn Data Science with R" starts at the beginner level and gradually progresses into expert content.
- How to Create Stunning Web Apps for your Data Science Projects - Sep 7, 2021.
- 6 Cool Python Libraries That I Came Across Recently - Sep 3, 2021.
Check out these awesome Python libraries for Machine Learning.
- Data Science Cheat Sheet 2.0 - Sep 1, 2021.
Check out this helpful, 5-page data science cheat sheet to assist with your exam reviews, interview prep, and anything in-between.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n33, Sep 1: Top Industries Hiring Data Scientists; The Most Important Tool for Data Engineers - Sep 1, 2021.
The top industries hiring Data Scientists; The most important tool for data engineers (hint - it is not technical); How to Engineer Date Features in Python; 15 Python Snippets to Optimize your Data Science Pipeline
- Data Science Project Infrastructure: How To Create It - Aug 30, 2021.
The intension for most data science projects is to build something that people use. Creating something purposeful requires a solid infrastructure and processes that keeps problem-solving front-and-center for your audience.
- How causal inference lifts augmented analytics beyond flatland - Aug 27, 2021.
In our quest to better understand and predict business outcomes, traditional predictive modeling tends to fall flat. However, causal inference techniques along with business analytics approaches can unravel what truly changes your KPIs.
- 15 Python Snippets to Optimize your Data Science Pipeline - Aug 25, 2021.
Quick Python solutions to help your data science cycle.
- Learning Data Science and Machine Learning: First Steps After The Roadmap - Aug 24, 2021.
Just getting into learning data science may seem as daunting as (if not more than) trying to land your first job in the field. With so many options and resources online and in traditional academia to consider, these pre-requisites and pre-work are recommended before diving deep into data science and AI/ML.
- 5 Things That Make My Job as a Data Scientist Easier - Aug 23, 2021.
After working as a Data Scientist for a year, I am here to share some things I learnt along the way that I feel are helpful and have increased my efficiency. Hopefully some of these tips can help you in your journey :)
- Stack Overflow Survey Data Science Highlights - Aug 20, 2021.
The results of the 2021 Stack Overflow Developer Survey were recently released, which is a fascinating snapshot of today's developers and the tools they are using. Have a look at some selections from the report, particularly those which may be of interest to data professionals.
- How to Select an Initial Model for your Data Science Problem - Aug 20, 2021.
Save yourself some time and headaches and start simple.
- 5 Data Science Career Mistakes To Avoid - Aug 19, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
- 15 Things I Look for in Data Science Candidates - Aug 19, 2021.
This article presents advice for anyone looking or hiring for data science jobs, written by someone with practical and useful insight.
- When Correlation is Better than Causation - Aug 18, 2021.
Identifying causality in an analysis isn't always practical. We show a heuristic approach for using correlations to inform decisions.
- Leaders at Allstate, eBay & Red Bull Agree: Don’t Miss the Rev 3 Enterprise MLOps Summit - Aug 17, 2021.
Join data science and MLOps leaders in-person in Chicago this November.
- What I Learned From “Women in Data Science” Conferences - Aug 17, 2021.
Read the author's perspective after attending 3 "Women in Data Science" conferences.
- Introduction to Statistical Learning Second Edition - Aug 13, 2021.
The second edition of the classic "An Introduction to Statistical Learning, with Applications in R" was published very recently, and is now freely-available via PDF on the book's website.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n30, Aug 11: Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; How Visualization is Transforming Exploratory Data Analysis - Aug 11, 2021.
Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; How Visualization is Transforming Exploratory Data Analysis; How To Become A Freelance Data Scientist – 4 Practical Tips; How to Query Your Pandas Dataframe; Essential Math for Data Science: Introduction to Systems of Linear Equations
- How My Learning Path Changed After Becoming a Data Scientist - Aug 10, 2021.
I keep learning but in a different way.
- Using Twitter to Understand Pizza Delivery Apprehension During COVID - Aug 6, 2021.
Analyzing customer sentiments and capturing any specific difference in emotion to order Dominos pizza in India during lockdown.
- Essential Math for Data Science: Introduction to Systems of Linear Equations - Aug 6, 2021.
In this post, you’ll see how you can use systems of equations and linear algebra to solve a linear regression problem.
- Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers - Aug 5, 2021.
After analyzing 900+ data science interview questions from companies over the past few years, the most common data science interview question categories are reviewed in this guide, each explained with an example.
- How To 2x Your Data Analytics Consulting Rates (Overnight) - Aug 3, 2021.
Looking to up your data analytics consulting rates? Learn exactly what most freelancers are charging, and the rates you SHOULD be charging as a business intelligence and analytics consultant. This post will show you what you need to know to achieve maximum results for your data consulting career.
- GPU-Powered Data Science (NOT Deep Learning) with RAPIDS - Aug 2, 2021.
How to utilize the power of your GPU for regular data science and machine learning even if you do not do a lot of deep learning work.
- Online Master’s in Data Science from Northwestern - Jul 29, 2021.
Build statistical and analytical expertise as well as the management and leadership skills necessary to implement high-level, data-driven decisions in Northwestern's online Master of Science in Data Science program. Apply now!
- A Brief Introduction to the Concept of Data - Jul 29, 2021.
Every aspiring data scientist must know the concept of data and the kind of analysis they can run. This article introduces the concept of data (quantitative and qualitative) and the types of analysis.
- The Brutal Truth About Data Science - Jul 28, 2021.
Many organizations approach data science as though it was a marketing tool — relabeling things that they already do as ‘data science’ as it involves the use of data. That is not real data science, and it completely misses the point of engaging in data science.
- Python Data Structures Compared - Jul 27, 2021.
Let's take a look at 5 different Python data structures and see how they could be used to store data we might be processing in our everyday tasks, as well as the relative memory they use for storage and time they take to create and access.
- Not Only for Deep Learning: How GPUs Accelerate Data Science & Data Analytics - Jul 26, 2021.
Modern AI/ML systems’ success has been critically dependent on their ability to process massive amounts of raw data in a parallel fashion using task-optimized hardware. Can we leverage the power of GPU and distributed computing for regular data processing jobs too?
- 5 Mistakes I Wish I Had Avoided in My Data Science Career - Jul 26, 2021.
Everyone makes mistakes, which can be a good thing when they lead to learning and improvements over time. But, we can also try to first learn from others to expedite our personal growth. To get started, consider these lessons learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
- Why and how should you learn “Productive Data Science”? - Jul 26, 2021.
What is Productive Data Science and what are some of its components?
- Top Python Data Science Interview Questions - Jul 23, 2021.
Six must-know technical concepts and two types of questions to test them.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n27, Jul 21: Top 6 Data Science Online Courses in 2021; Geometric Foundations of Deep Learning - Jul 21, 2021.
Top 6 Data Science Online Courses in 2021; Geometric foundations of Deep Learning; Google’s Director of Research Advice for Learning Data Science; SQL, Syllogisms, and Explanations; How to Create Unbiased Machine Learning Models
- When to Retrain an Machine Learning Model? Run these 5 checks to decide on the schedule - Jul 20, 2021.
Machine learning models degrade with time, and need to be regularly updated. In the article, we suggest how to approach retraining and plan for it in advance.
- Advice for Learning Data Science from Google’s Director of Research - Jul 19, 2021.
Surfing the professional career wave in data science is a hot prospect for many looking to get their start in the world. The digital revolution continues to create many exciting new opportunities. But, jumping in too fast without fully establishing your foundational skills can be detrimental to your success, as is suggested by this advice for data science newbies from Peter Norvig, the Director of Research at Google.
- Why Saying “We Accept the Null Hypothesis” is Wrong: An Intuitive Explanation - Jul 19, 2021.
“The opposite of ‘Rejecting the Null’ is ‘Accepting’ isn’t it?”. Well, it is not so simple as it is construed. We need to rise above antonyms and understand one crucial concept.
- SQL, Syllogisms, and Explanations - Jul 14, 2021.
Check out the Executable English Platform, for self-explaining applications written in English that you can run in your browser.
- Streamlit Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for Data Scientists - Jul 13, 2021.
Today, I am going to talk about a few tips that I learned within more than a year of using Streamlit, that you can also use to unleash your powerful DS/AI/ML (whatever they may be) applications.