- KDnuggets™ News 19:n25, Jul 10: 5 Probability Distributions for Data Scientists; What the Machine Learning Engineer Job is Really Like - Jul 10, 2019.
This edition of the KDnuggets newsletter is double-sized after taking the holiday week off. Learn about probability distributions every data scientist should know, what the machine learning engineering job is like, making the most money with the least amount of risk, the difference between NLP and NLU, get a take on Nvidia's new data science workstation, and much, much more.
- DSGO19 Announces Speakers and Training Sessions - Jul 8, 2019.
Tickets now on sale for DataScienceGO, the #1 career-focused data science conference, coming to San Diego, CA, Sep 27-29. Use promo code KD-Nuggets for 20% off.
- How Data Science Is Used Within the Film Industry - Jul 5, 2019.
As Data Science is becoming pervasive across so many industries, Hollywood is certainly not being left behind. Learn about how Big Data, analytics, and AI are now core drivers of the movies we watch and how we watch them.
- 5 Probability Distributions Every Data Scientist Should Know - Jul 4, 2019.
Having an understanding of probability distributions should be a priority for data scientists. Make sure you know what you should by reviewing this post on the subject.
- How do you check the quality of your regression model in Python? - Jul 2, 2019.
Linear regression is rooted strongly in the field of statistical learning and therefore the model must be checked for the ‘goodness of fit’. This article shows you the essential steps of this task in a Python ecosystem.
- Why do we need AWS SageMaker? - Jun 26, 2019.
Today, there are several platforms available in the industry that aid software developers, data scientists as well as a layman in developing and deploying machine learning models within no time.
- The Data Fabric for Machine Learning – Part 2: Building a Knowledge-Graph - Jun 25, 2019.
Before being able to develop a Data Fabric we need to build a Knowledge-Graph. In this article I’ll set up the basis on how to create it, in the next article we’ll go to the practice on how to do this.
- 7 Steps to Mastering Data Preparation for Machine Learning with Python — 2019 Edition - Jun 24, 2019.
Interested in mastering data preparation with Python? Follow these 7 steps which cover the concepts, the individual tasks, as well as different approaches to tackling the entire process from within the Python ecosystem.
- Data Literacy: Using the Socratic Method - Jun 20, 2019.
How can organizations and individuals promote Data Literacy? Data literacy is all about critical thinking, so the time-tested method of Socratic questioning can stimulate high-level engagement with data.
- Ten random useful things in R that you might not know about - Jun 20, 2019.
Because the R ecosystem is so rich and constantly growing, people can often miss out on knowing about something that can really help them in a task that they have to complete
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n23, Jun 19: Useful Stats for Data Scientists; Python, TensorFlow & R Winners in Latest Job Report - Jun 19, 2019.
This week on KDnuggets: 5 Useful Statistics Data Scientists Need to Know; Data Science Jobs Report 2019: Python Way Up, TensorFlow Growing Rapidly, R Use Double SAS; How to Learn Python for Data Science the Right Way; The Machine Learning Puzzle, Explained; Scalable Python Code with Pandas UDFs; and much more!
- Data Science Jobs Report 2019: Python Way Up, TensorFlow Growing Rapidly, R Use Double SAS - Jun 17, 2019.
Data science jobs continue to grow in 2019, and this report shares the change and spread of jobs by software over recent years.
- How to Learn Python for Data Science the Right Way - Jun 14, 2019.
The biggest mistake you can make while learning Python for data science is to learn Python programming from courses meant for programmers. Avoid this mistake, and learn Python the right way by following this approach.
- Show off your Data Science skills with Kaggle Kernels - Jun 14, 2019.
Kaggle is not just about data science competitions. They also have a platform called Kaggle Kernels, using which you can build a stellar data science portfolio.
- 5 Useful Statistics Data Scientists Need to Know - Jun 14, 2019.
A data scientist should know how to effectively use statistics to gain insights from data. Here are five useful and practical statistical concepts that every data scientist must know.
- The Data Fabric for Machine Learning Part 1-b – Deep Learning on Graphs - Jun 11, 2019.
Deep learning on graphs is taking more importance by the day. Here I’ll show the basics of thinking about machine learning and deep learning on graphs with the library Spektral and the platform MatrixDS.
- If you’re a developer transitioning into data science, here are your best resources - Jun 11, 2019.
This article will provide a background on the data scientist role and why your background might be a good fit for data science, plus tangible stepwise actions that you, as a developer, can take to ramp up on data science.
- The Infinity Stones of Data Science - Jun 10, 2019.
Do you love data science 3000? Don't want to be embarrassed in front of the other analytics wizards? Aspire to be one of Earth's mightiest heroes, like Kevin Bacon? Help make data science a snap with these simple insights.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Transitioning your Career to Data Science – Part 2 - Jun 7, 2019.
How do you identify the technical skills a hiring manager is looking for? How do you build a data science project that draws the attention of a hiring manager?
- Top 10 Statistics Mistakes Made by Data Scientists - Jun 7, 2019.
The following are some of the most common statistics mistakes made by data scientists. Check this list often to make sure you are not making any of these while applying statistics to data science.
- Jupyter Notebooks: Data Science Reporting - Jun 6, 2019.
Jupyter does bring us some benefits of being able to organize code but many of us still find ourselves with messy and unnecessary code chunks. Here are some ways including a NEW EXTENSION that anyone can use to begin organizing your code on your notebooks.
- Mongo DB Basics - Jun 5, 2019.
Mongo DB is a document oriented NO SQL database unlike HBASE which has a wide column store. The advantage of Document oriented over relation type is the columns can be changed as an when required for each case as opposed to the same column name for all the rows.
- The Whole Data Science World in Your Hands - Jun 5, 2019.
Testing MatrixDS capabilities on different languages and tools: Python, R and Julia. If you work with data you have to check this out.
- Data Scientists Are Thinkers: Execution vs. exploration and what it means for you - Jun 4, 2019.
Data scientists serve a very technical purpose, but one that is vastly different from other individual contributors. Unlike engineers, designers, and project managers, data scientists are exploration-first, rather than execution-first.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Transitioning your Career to Data Science – Part 1 - May 31, 2019.
If you are looking to transition your career to data science, don't immediately start learning Python or R. Instead, leverage the domain expertise you have accumulated over the years. Here's a foolproof guide on how to do that.
- Animations with Matplotlib - May 30, 2019.
Animations make even more sense when depicting time series data like stock prices over the years, climate change over the past decade, seasonalities and trends since we can then see how a particular parameter behaves with time.
- Becoming a Level 3.0 Data Scientist - May 29, 2019.
Want to be a Junior, Senior, or Principal Data Scientists? Find out what you need to do to navigate the Data Science Career Game.
- Choosing Between Model Candidates - May 29, 2019.
Models are useful because they allow us to generalize from one situation to another. When we use a model, we’re working under the assumption that there is some underlying pattern we want to measure, but it has some error on top of it.
- 3 Machine Learning Books that Helped me Level Up as a Data Scientist - May 28, 2019.
Each of these books has helped me immensely in different stages of my career as a Data Scientist, particularly in my role as a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Your Guide to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - May 23, 2019.
This extensive post covers NLP use cases, basic examples, Tokenization, Stop Words Removal, Stemming, Lemmatization, Topic Modeling, the future of NLP, and more.
- The Data Fabric for Machine Learning – Part 1 - May 21, 2019.
How the new advances in semantics and the data fabric can help us be better at Machine Learning
- PyCharm for Data Scientists - May 17, 2019.
This article is a discussion of some of PyCharm's features, and a comparison with Spyder, an another popular IDE for Python. Read on to find the benefits and drawbacks of PyCharm, and an outline of when to prefer it to Spyder and vice versa.
- 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science — 2019 Edition - May 17, 2019.
Follow these updated 7 steps to go from SQL data science newbie to practitioner in a hurry. We consider only the necessary concepts and skills, and provide quality resources for each.
- Mathematical programming — Key Habit to Build Up for Advancing Data Science - May 15, 2019.
We show how, by simulating the random throw of a dart, you can compute the value of pi approximately. This is a small step towards building the habit of mathematical programming, which should be a key skill in the repertoire of a budding data scientist.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n19, May 15: Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year!; How (not) to use Machine Learning for time series forecasting - May 15, 2019.
"Please, explain." Interpretability of machine learning models; How to fix an Unbalanced Dataset; Data Science Poem; Customer Churn Prediction Using Machine Learning; A Complete Exploratory Data Analysis and Visualization for Text
- Machine Learning in Agriculture: Applications and Techniques - May 14, 2019.
Machine Learning has emerged together with big data technologies and high-performance computing to create new opportunities to unravel, quantify, and understand data intensive processes in agricultural operational environments.
- What’s Going to Happen this Year in the Data World - May 14, 2019.
"If we wish to foresee the future of mathematics, our proper course is to study the history and present condition of the science." Henri Poncairé.
- Modeling 101 - May 13, 2019.
In the past couple of decades, innovation in statistics and machine learning has been increasing at a rapid pace and we are now able to do things unimaginable when I began my career.
- Data Science Poem - May 11, 2019.
A poem about Data Science.
- Data Science in the Senses - May 10, 2019.
The evening event at the Rev conference this year will be showcasing some amazing projects that leverage data and machine learning for sensory experiences.
- Intuit: Group Manager, Accountant Segment Data Science and Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 10, 2019.
Seeking creative problem solvers with a passion to deliver data-driven insights. This position leads a team of talented analysts and scientists to work alongside with business stakeholders to deliver customer insights and recommendations.
- 5 Things to Review Before Accepting That Data Scientist Job Offer - May 10, 2019.
Before you get too excited and sign the papers for that new data scientist job, and solidify your role as a new hire, make sure you look over these 5 things first.
- Intuit: Group Manager Data Science and Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 9, 2019.
Seeking an analytics leader to build out our team and provide analytical leadership for the business, and to lead and develop a team while also rolling up their sleeves and get work done when that is what’s needed.
- Intuit: Experimentation Leader, Data Science and Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 9, 2019.
Seeking a Principal Experimentation Data Scientist, a creative problem solver with a passion for delivering data-driven insights, a deep knowledge of Testing and Experimentation to optimize digital experiences.
- [White Paper] Unlocking the Power of Data Science & Machine Learning with Python - May 8, 2019.
This guide from ActiveState provides an executive overview of how you can implement Python for your team’s data science and machine learning initiatives.
- 2019 KDnuggets Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2019.
Vote in KDnuggets 20th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will publish the anon data, results, and trends here.
- Building an Effective Data Science Project Portfolio: A Live Webinar by Metis | May 15 | 1pm ET - May 7, 2019.
This workshop is designed for business leaders, data science managers, and decision makers who want to ensure the effectiveness of the AI and data science capabilities they are building.
- Best US/Canada Masters in Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science - May 7, 2019.
In the final part of this series, we provide an updated list of our comprehensive, unbiased survey of graduate programs in Data Science and Analytics from across the US and Canada.
- Naive Bayes: A Baseline Model for Machine Learning Classification Performance - May 7, 2019.
We can use Pandas to conduct Bayes Theorem and Scikitlearn to implement the Naive Bayes Algorithm. We take a step by step approach to understand Bayes and implementing the different options in Scikitlearn.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science vs. Decision Science - May 7, 2019.
Data science and decision science are related but still separate fields, so at some points, it might be hard to compare them directly. We attempted to show our vision of the commonalities, differences, and specific features of data science and decision science.
- The Third Wave Data Scientist - May 6, 2019.
An extensive look at what skills are needed to make up the portfolio of the third wave of data scientists.
- The 3 Biggest Mistakes on Learning Data Science - May 6, 2019.
Data science or whatever you want to call it is not just knowing some programming languages, math, statistics and have “domain knowledge” and here I show you why.
- Which Deep Learning Framework is Growing Fastest? - May 1, 2019.
In September 2018, I compared all the major deep learning frameworks in terms of demand, usage, and popularity. TensorFlow was the champion of deep learning frameworks and PyTorch was the youngest framework. How has the landscape changed?
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n17, May 1: The most desired skill in data science; Seeking KDnuggets Editors, work remotely - May 1, 2019.
This week, find out about the most desired skill in data science, learn which projects to include in your portfolio, identify a single strategy for pulling data from a Pandas DataFrame (once and for all), read the results of our Top Data Science and Machine Learning Methods poll, and much more.
- Learn About Data Science & the Future of Investing from Hedge Fund Leaders at Rev 2 - Apr 30, 2019.
Rev 2 features interactive sessions, Q&A with industry luminaries, poster sessions for interesting modeling techniques and accomplishments, and stimulating conversations about how to make data science an enterprise-grade capability.
- Interview Questions for Data Science – Three Case Interview Examples - Apr 30, 2019.
Part two in this series of useful posts for aspiring data scientists focuses on case interviews and how you can best go about answering them.
- Normalization vs Standardization — Quantitative analysis - Apr 30, 2019.
Stop using StandardScaler from Sklearn as a default feature scaling method can get you a boost of 7% in accuracy, even when you hyperparameters are tuned!
Pages: 1 2
- Top Data Science and Machine Learning Methods Used in 2018, 2019 - Apr 29, 2019.
Once again, the most used methods are Regression, Clustering, Visualization, Decision Trees/Rules, and Random Forests. The greatest relative increases this year are overwhelmingly Deep Learning techniques, while SVD, SVMs and Association Rules show the greatest decline.
- Pandas DataFrame Indexing - Apr 29, 2019.
The goal of this post is identify a single strategy for pulling data from a DataFrame using the Pandas Python library that is straightforward to interpret and produces reliable results.
- The most desired skill in data science - Apr 26, 2019.
What is the biggest skill gap in data science according to hiring managers looking for hire recent graduates? Hint: it’s not coding.
- Projects to Include in a Data Science Portfolio - Apr 26, 2019.
“Don’t pick just random projects to work on and add it to your resume or portfolio. Solve a problem that relates to the companies that you’re interested in.”
- The problem with data science job postings - Apr 25, 2019.
We provide a useful set of rules you can follow to make sure you’re applying to the right roles and explain why confusing job descriptions with impossible requirements are the new normal.
- Join the new generation of AI technologists - Apr 24, 2019.
Galvanize the power of data science at the leading AI and data festival on the west coast, DATAx San Francisco this May 14-15. Use code 'KD200' before Friday, May 3.
- Attention Craving RNNS: Building Up To Transformer Networks - Apr 24, 2019.
RNNs let us model sequences in neural networks. While there are other ways of modeling sequences, RNNs are particularly useful. RNNs come in two flavors, LSTMs (Hochreiter et al, 1997) and GRUs (Cho et al, 2014)
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n16, Apr 24: Data Visualization in Python with Matplotlib & Seaborn; Getting Into Data Science: The Ultimate Q&A - Apr 24, 2019.
Best Data Visualization Techniques for small and large data; The Rise of Generative Adversarial Networks; Approach pre-trained deep learning models with caution; How Optimization Works; Building a Flask API to Automatically Extract Named Entities Using SpaCy
- 2019 Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics – Online - Apr 23, 2019.
We provide an updated comprehensive and objective survey of online Masters in Analytics and Data Science, including rankings, tuition, and duration of the education program.
- Was it Worth Studying a Data Science Masters? - Apr 23, 2019.
As I started to apply for Data Science roles it quickly became apparent that I was lacking two key skills: applying Machine Learning and coding
- How To Go Into Data Science: Ultimate Q&A for Aspiring Data Scientists with Serious Guides - Apr 22, 2019.
To learn ALL the skills sets in data science is next to impossible as the scope is way too wide. There’ll always be some skills (technical/non-technical) that data scientists don’t know or haven’t learned as different businesses require different skill sets.
- NASDAQ 100: Leader of Data Science [East Coast] - Apr 19, 2019.
The Leader of Data Science should be well versed in the creation, critique, and deployment of complex analysis, predictive, and prescriptive modeling that require the use of both structured and unstructured data, from multiple sources such as SQL, Oracle, Access Data Bases and text.
- Unleash a faster Python on your data - Apr 18, 2019.
Intel’s optimized Python packages deliver quick repeatable results compared to standard Python packages. Intel offers optimized Scikit-learn, Numpy, and SciPy to help data scientists get rapid results on their Intel® hardware. Download now.
- How Optimization Works - Apr 18, 2019.
Optimization problems are naturally described in terms of costs - money, time, resources - rather than benefits. In math it's convenient to make all your problems look the same before you work out a solution, so that you can just solve it the one time.
- DATAx San Francisco | 14-15 May | Over 500 Data Professionals - Apr 17, 2019.
Just a few weeks left until DATAx San Francisco, May 14 & 15. Find out about a number of our stand out sessions taking place at the biggest data festival on the West Coast. Secure your ticket to DATAx San Francisco on May 14 & 15 now!
- Northwestern’s MS in Data Science - Apr 16, 2019.
Advance your data-driven career with an online MS in Data Science at Northwestern. You’ll learn from an accomplished faculty of leading industry experts. You can choose from a wide range of specializations and electives to suit your goals.
- 2019 Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics – Europe Edition - Apr 16, 2019.
We provide an updated list of our comprehensive, unbiased survey of graduate programs in Data Science and Analytics from across Europe.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science with Optimus Part 2: Setting your DataOps Environment - Apr 16, 2019.
Breaking down data science with Python, Spark and Optimus. Today: Data Operations for Data Science. Here we’ll learn to set-up Git, Travis CI and DVC for our project.
- Data Science with Optimus Part 1: Intro - Apr 15, 2019.
With Optimus you can clean your data, prepare it, analyze it, create profilers and plots, and perform machine learning and deep learning, all in a distributed fashion, because on the back-end we have Spark, TensorFlow, Sparkling Water and Keras. It’s super easy to use.
- Custom Data & Analytics Workshops at Your Location - Apr 12, 2019.
TDWI Onsite Education allows you to train at your office so each member of your team learns the same best practices, methodologies, and strategies directly from industry experts. Each workshop includes customized activities that work with your people, projects, processes, and data.
- Make Your Own Job in Data Science: A High-Risk, High-Reward Approach - Apr 12, 2019.
This article discusses an alternative approach to finding data science jobs that’s also worth considering, although it has some inherent risks: make your own.
- Compilation of Advice for New and Aspiring Data Scientists - Apr 10, 2019.
Check out this compilation of advice for the new and upcoming data scientist, condensing 30+ pieces of advice into 6 minutes.
- S2DS, a 5-week data science bootcamp helping analytical PhDs transition from academia to industry - Apr 9, 2019.
Introducing Europe’s largest data science training programme. Five weeks of intensive, project-based training turning exceptional analytical PhDs and MScs into Data Scientists.
- Which Data Science / Machine Learning methods and algorithms did you use in 2018/2019 for a real-world application? - Apr 9, 2019.
Which Data Science / Machine Learning methods and algorithms did you use in 2018/2019 for a real-world application? Take part in the latest KDnuggets survey and have your say.
- How to Recognize a Good Data Scientist Job From a Bad One - Apr 9, 2019.
Here are six characteristics which set good data scientist jobs apart form the bad ones.
- Another 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 5, 2019.
Check out another follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some spring study ideas.
- KDnuggets Offer: Save 20% on Strata in London - Apr 4, 2019.
Strata Data Conference is coming to London Apr 29-May 2. Discover what's coming in data and AI. Save 20% on Gold, Silver, and Bronze passes with code KDNU (up to £231 on a Gold pass).
- ODSC East is selling out; ODSC India announced - Apr 3, 2019.
ODSC East is in Boston Apr 30-May 3, and it's selling out fast! A limited amount of tickets still remain, and 20% off ends Friday! ODSC India 2019 will take place in Bengaluru, Aug 7-10. Tickets are on sale now!
- Accelerate AI and Data Science Career Expo, May 4, 2019 - Apr 3, 2019.
The Accelerate AI and Data Science Career Expo 2019 takes place Saturday, May 4th from 10:30am - 3:00pm. Get your ticket now, or join us for free as an ODSC ticket holder!
- Grow your data career at DataScienceGO, San Diego, Sep 27-29 - Apr 3, 2019.
DataScienceGO is the only conference dedicated to career advancement for data science managers, practitioners and beginners. Early Bird tickets are on sale until June 27 - get them now.
- How to DIY Your Data Science Education - Apr 3, 2019.
Some people find the path of formal education works well for them, but this may not work for everyone, in every situation. Here are eight ways that you can take a DIY approach to your data science education.
- Top 8 Data Science Use Cases in Gaming - Apr 3, 2019.
The understanding of the data value for optimization and improvement of gaming makes specialists search for new ways to apply data science and its benefits in the gaming business. Therefore, various specific data science use cases appear. Here is our list of the most efficient and widely applied data science use cases in gaming.
- Top 10 Coding Mistakes Made by Data Scientists - Apr 2, 2019.
Here is a list of 10 common mistakes that a senior data scientist — who is ranked in the top 1% on Stackoverflow for python coding and who works with a lot of (junior) data scientists — frequently sees.
- Openclassrooms: Data Freelance Online course creator [Telecommute/Paris, France] - Apr 1, 2019.
Openclassrooms is looking for Data experts like you to create quality content for their Data Science Track. Are you a committed Data Analyst or Data Scientist and enjoy sharing your skills? Position is freelance, with video recording in Paris.
- Calling All Data Geeks to Come Home and Ignite Their Powers - Apr 1, 2019.
Introducing GOJEK, the superapp that is looking for people to help with its mission to make an impact through data.
- Datathon 2019: The International Data Science Hackathon, 12-14 April - Mar 29, 2019.
The Data Science Hackathon is open for the global community to participate from all around the world virtually.
- The Deep Learning Toolset — An Overview - Mar 28, 2019.
We are observing an increasing number of great tools that help facilitate the intricate process that is deep learning, making it both more accessible and more efficient.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 20-26: 10 More Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Mar 27, 2019.
Also - 7 Steps to Mastering Basic Machine Learning with Python - 2019 Edition; 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science; How to Train a Keras Model 20x Faster with a TPU for Free.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n12, Mar 27: My Best Tips for Agile Data Science Research; R vs Python for Data Visualization - Mar 27, 2019.
Tips for Agile Data Science Research, R (ggplot2) vs Python (Seaborn) Visualization, the problems with self-serve analytics, an approach to AI Blackbox explanation problem, a checklist for debugging neural nets, and more.
- How to solve 4 big problems in data science – eBook. - Mar 26, 2019.
This eBook includes insights on how data scientists from 4 leading companies delivered impressive business results such as accelerating global inventory from 48 hours to 45 minutes and reducing operational cost of analytics infrastructure by 30%. Get the eBook now!
- Data Science for Decision Makers: A Discussion with Dr Stelios Kampakis - Mar 26, 2019.
This article contains an interview veteran data scientist, Dr Stylianos (Stelios) Kampakis, in which he discusses his career, and how he helps decision makers across a range of businesses understand how data science can benefit them.
- Earn an IBM Data Science Certificate - Mar 25, 2019.
IBM’s Data Science Professional Certificate program on Coursera brings you everything you need to plunge into an exciting career in data science—no prior experience required! Start learning today.
- Make better decisions with data in every corner of your business - Mar 22, 2019.
Mode is the data science platform that helps you get data in every corner of your business and create a single source of truth. Free your data science team, automate everything, and create a single source of truth.
- How to Capture Data to Make Business Impact - Mar 21, 2019.
We take a look at the formula for calculating the efficiency of a data capturing method, before going onto explain the concept of Smart Data.
- Texas A&M Institute of Data Science: Staff Data Scientist [College Station, TX] - Mar 21, 2019.
Seeking a Staff Data Scientist, to be responsible for providing support for customers in research and operations organizations to incorporate and effectively utilize Data Science in their work.
- Top 8 Data Science Use Cases in Manufacturing - Mar 21, 2019.
Data science is said to change the manufacturing industry dramatically. Let's take under consideration several data science use cases in manufacturing that have already become common and brought benefits to the manufacturers.
- My Best Tips for Agile Data Science Research - Mar 21, 2019.
This post demonstrates how to bring maximum value in minimal time using agile methods in data science research.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n11, Mar 20: Another 10 Free Must-Read Books for Data Science; 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Machine Learning - Mar 20, 2019.
Also: Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019?; The Pareto Principle for Data Scientists; My favorite mind-blowing Machine Learning/AI breakthroughs; Building NLP Classifiers Cheaply With Transfer Learning and Weak Supervision; Advanced Keras - Accurately Resuming a Training Process
- Just Announced, Keynotes and Major Global Events in Data Science - Mar 19, 2019.
ODSC is delighted to host an incredible lineup of leading experts in data science and AI from around the globe, with conferences in Boston, San Francisco, London, Bengaluru, São Paulo, and more on the way. Registration is now open!
- How To Work In Data Science, AI, Big Data - Mar 18, 2019.
There are many facets to working in Data Science. Your role will depend greatly on the industry you pick and the area of Data Science you want to pursue. A Data Science career is very dynamic and requires a team effort to succeed.
- Top R Packages for Data Cleaning - Mar 15, 2019.
Data cleaning is one of the most important and time consuming task for data scientists. Here are the top R packages for data cleaning.
- The Pareto Principle for Data Scientists - Mar 11, 2019.
In this article, I’ll share a few ways in which we, as data scientists, can use the power of the Pareto Principle to guide our day-to-day activities.
- 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2019.
For the 2019 international women's day, we profile a new set of 19 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- New Data Science Bundle, or Build Your Own Bundle of Skills - Mar 7, 2019.
Good things come in threes, including Online Learning courses. Introducing Data Science & Build Your Own Bundles: bundles include three full courses, allowing data and analytics pros to both broaden and deepen skills across today's hottest topics and save 15% for maximum ROI.
- Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Were Applied: Trends and Analysis - Mar 7, 2019.
CRM/Consumer analytics, health care, banking, finance, and science were the top sectors in 2018. The greatest increases were in mobile apps, investment, security, entertainment, and social policy, while fraud detection, retail, advertising, direct marketing, and social media saw the greatest declines.
Pages: 1 2
- Robust Quality – Powerful Integration of Data Science and Process Engineering. - Mar 6, 2019.
This book provides a strong connection between the concepts in data science and process engineering needed to ensure better quality and takes you through a systematic approach to measure holistic quality with several case studies.
- Group Manager Data Science and Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - Mar 6, 2019.
Intuit is seeking a Senior Business Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA. Your area of focus will encompass Intuit’s entire product line including QuickBooks, Payroll, and Payments, and you will interact with the larger analytics community at Intuit using industry-leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices.
- REV 2: Next Data Science Leaders Summit, NYC, May 23-24 - Mar 6, 2019.
Come to New York City on May 23–24 for Rev 2, and learn from data science teams and leaders. This year’s focus is “What can teams learn from each other?”
- Another 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Mar 6, 2019.
Here's a third set of 10 free books for machine learning and data science. Have a look to see if something catches your eye, and don't forget to check the previous installments for reading material while you're here.
- What no one will tell you about data science job applications - Mar 1, 2019.
For every person who has a question relating to a data science job application, and asks it, there are ten people who have the same question, but don’t ask it. If you’re one of those ten, then this post is for you.
- Boehringer Ingelheim: Principal Scientist (f/m) in Computational Chemistry / Data Science [Biberach, Germany] - Feb 28, 2019.
Boehringer Ingelheim is seeking a principal scientist for the Computational Chemistry group at their research site in Biberach / Germany.
- Preparing for the Unexpected - Feb 28, 2019.
In some domains, new values appear all the time, so it's crucial to handle them in a good way. Using deep learning, one can learn a special Out-of-Vocabulary embedding for these new values. But how can you train this embedding to generalize well to any unseen value? We explain one of the methods employed at Taboola.
- Top 7 Data Science Use Cases in Travel - Feb 28, 2019.
To satisfy all the needs of the growing number of consumers and process enormous data chunks, data science algorithms are vital. Let’s consider several of widespread and efficient data science use cases in the travel industry.
- Openclassrooms: Data Freelance Online course creator [Freelance (video recording in Paris, France)] - Feb 27, 2019.
Openclassrooms is looking for Data experts like you to create quality content for their Data Science Track. Are you a committed Data Analyst or Data Scientist and enjoy sharing your skills? Position is freelance, with video recording in Paris.
- Upskill your Data Science Career. Attend ODSC East in person or Live Online. 45% off Ends Friday - Feb 26, 2019.
ODSC East is the top conference for data science practitioners and AI engineers: 300+ talks, full and half-day expert-led trainings, and shorter hands-on workshops. KDnuggets subscribers save 45% with code KDN45. Register now!
- 4 Reasons Why Your Machine Learning Code is Probably Bad - Feb 26, 2019.
Your current ML workflow probably chains together several functions executed linearly. Instead of linearly chaining functions, data science code is better written as a set of tasks with dependencies between them. That is your data science workflow should be a DAG.
- Drexel University: Postdoctoral Positions in Data Science [Philadelphia, PA] - Feb 25, 2019.
We are seeking talented data scientists interested in research and education who will actively participate in the growth of the College’s data science vision and impact. Candidates are expected to have broad knowledge in data science.
- Newcastle University: 5-year Tenure-track Research Fellowship in Data Science for Health Care and Wellbeing [Newcastle, UK] - Feb 25, 2019.
Join Newcastle's Data Science group to address the challenges of data-driven, personalised, preventive healthcare ('Big Health Data') with this prestigious 5-year Research fellowship, part-funded by the Alan Turing Institute, the UK's National Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Asking Great Questions as a Data Scientist - Feb 25, 2019.
We outline the importance of asking yourself the questions you need to ask to effectively produce something that the business wants. Once you start asking questions, it’ll become second nature and you’ll immediately see the value and find yourself asking even more questions as you gain more experience.
- Where did you apply Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2018? - Feb 25, 2019.
Where did you apply Analytics, Machine Learning, and Data Science in 2018? Take part in the latest KDnuggets poll to share your input, and see what others have to say.
- Stanford online Data Science, Data Mining courses and certificates - Feb 22, 2019.
With Stanford's online graduate courses and certificates, you can earn a higher education credential while still maintaining your career. Start now!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 13-19: Intro to Scikit Learn: The Gold Standard of Python ML; The Essential Data Science Venn Diagram - Feb 20, 2019.
Also: Cartoon: #MachineLearning Problems in 2118 #ValentinesDay; A must-read tutorial when you are starting your journey with #DeepLearning.
- Data Science Survey - Feb 20, 2019.
Gurobi would like to tap into your expertise in the field of Data Science and Analytics, and invites you to participate in their Data Science Survey. Everyone who completes this 10-minute survey can choose to be entered into a drawing to receive one of five $100 Amazon gift cards.