- 7 SQL Concepts You Should Know For Data Science - Nov 18, 2022.
The post explains all the key elements of SQL that you must know as a data science practitioner.
- Analyzing Diversity & Inclusion with SQL - Nov 9, 2022.
The most underrated SQL function for analyzing diversity.
- 10 Essential SQL Commands for Data Science - Oct 20, 2022.
Learn SQL commands for filtering, string operations, alias, joining tables, if-else statements, and grouping.
- 25 Advanced SQL Interview Questions for Data Scientists - Oct 18, 2022.
Check out this collection of advanced SQL interview questions with answers.
- How to Get Up and Running with SQL – A List of Free Learning Resources - Oct 7, 2022.
We have compiled a list of the top free resources to help new data practitioners learn SQL. These include free online courses and resources to get the most out of your SQL skills.
- Key-Value Databases, Explained - Oct 4, 2022.
Among the four big NoSQL database types, key-value stores are probably the most popular ones due to their simplicity and fast performance. Let’s further explore how key-value stores work and what are their practical uses.
- Handling Missing Values in Time-series with SQL - Sep 30, 2022.
This article is about a specific use-case that comes up often when dealing with time-series data.
- SQL LIKE Operator Examples - Sep 29, 2022.
Search for the specific patterns in the SQL table using LIKE and wildcards.
- Free SQL and Database Course - Sep 15, 2022.
Get up to speed on SQL and relational databases with this free video course.
- SQL vs NoSQL: 7 Key Takeaways - Sep 5, 2022.
People assume that NoSQL is a counterpart to SQL. Instead, it’s a different type of database designed for use-cases where SQL is not ideal. The differences between the two are many, although some are so crucial that they define both databases at their cores.
- 5 Tricky SQL Queries Solved - Aug 19, 2022.
Explaining the approach to solving a few complex SQL queries.
- Getting Started with SQL Cheatsheet - Aug 3, 2022.
Want to get started with SQL? Check out the latest cheatsheet from KDnuggets to get up to speed on the basics of one of the most popular, useful, and in-demand languages in the world of data science.
- The 5 Hardest Things to Do in SQL - Jul 26, 2022.
The 5 hardest things Josh Berry, a 15 year analytics professional, experienced while switching from Python to SQL. Offering examples, SQL code, and a resource to customize the SQL to your own project.
- Why SQL Will Remain the Data Scientist’s Best Friend - Jul 15, 2022.
Machine learning, big data analytics or AI may steal the headlines, but if you want to hone a smart, strategic skill that can elevate your career, look no further than SQL.
- 24 SQL Questions You Might See on Your Next Interview - Jun 28, 2022.
Preparing for the SQL job interview can be overwhelming enough. You don’t need someone telling you that you need to know everything on top of that! Be smart and focus on preparing the SQL questions that appear most often at the job interview.
- Data Preparation with SQL Cheatsheet - Jun 27, 2022.
If your raw data is in a SQL-based data lake, why spend the time and money to export the data into a new platform for data prep?
- The Definitive Guide to Solving the Phantom Read in MySQL - Jun 14, 2022.
This article will cover how MySQL developers can troubleshoot the "write" skew that phantom reads can cause.
- SQL Notes for Professionals: The Free eBook Review - May 5, 2022.
The free book is a combination of SQL cheat sheets and practical database examples. It provided bite-size information about every SQL function and attribute with coding samples.
- High Availability SQL Server Docker Containers in Kubernetes - Apr 28, 2022.
Need high availability for SQL Server Docker containers in Kubernetes? Here’s how to get it.
- 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science - Apr 26, 2022.
SQL is a must-know for anyone working in the data industry. Here’s how you can learn it from scratch
- SQL Window Functions - Apr 5, 2022.
In this article, we’ll go over SQL window functions and how to use them when writing SQL queries.
- What Is the Difference Between SQL and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM)? - Feb 24, 2022.
Object-relational mapping, or ORM, is a technique that allows you to interact with databases using the object-oriented paradigm of the programming language of your choosing. How is that different from structured query language, though, and when do you use them?
- The Not-so-Sexy SQL Concepts to Make You Stand Out - Feb 8, 2022.
Databases are the houses of our data and data scientists HAVE TO HAVE A KEY! In this article, I discuss some lesser known concepts of SQL that data scientists do not familiarize themselves with.
- How to Write SQL in Native Python - Feb 1, 2022.
If the idea of being able to link with SQL databases and define, manipulate, and query using Python sounds appealing, check out the SQLModel library.
- Top Five SQL Window Functions You Should Know For Data Science Interviews - Jan 13, 2022.
Focusing on the important concepts for data scientists.
- Query Your Pandas DataFrames with SQL - Jan 13, 2022.
Learn how to query your Pandas DataFrames using the standard SQL SELECT statement, seamlessly from within your Python code.
- SQL Interview Questions for Experienced Professionals - Jan 7, 2022.
This article will show you what SQL concepts you should know as an experienced professional.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n45, Dec 1: Most Common SQL Mistakes on Data Science Interviews; Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists - Dec 1, 2021.
Most Common SQL Mistakes on Data Science Interviews; Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists; Vote in new KDnuggets Poll: What Percentage of Your Machine Learning Models Have Been Deployed? KDnuggets: Personal History and Nuggets of Experience.
- Most Common SQL Mistakes on Data Science Interviews - Nov 23, 2021.
Sure, we all make mistakes -- which can be a bit more painful when we are trying to get hired -- so check out these typical errors applicants make while answering SQL questions during data science interviews.
- How I Redesigned over 100 ETL into ELT Data Pipelines - Nov 15, 2021.
Learn how to level up your Data Pipelines!
- 11 Most Practical Data Science Skills for 2022 - Oct 19, 2021.
While the field of data science continues to evolve with exciting new progress in analytical approaches and machine learning, there remain a core set of skills that are foundational for all general practitioners and specialists, especially those who want to be employable with full-stack capabilities.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n39, Oct 13: 8 Must-Have Git Commands for Data Scientists; 38 Free Courses on Coursera for Data Science - Oct 13, 2021.
The 8 Git commands Data Scientists should know; 38 free courses on Coursera for Data Science; How to query your Pandas DataFrames with SQL; Why You Need Python Skills as a Machine Learning Engineer; and more.
- Data science SQL interview questions from top tech firms - Oct 5, 2021.
As a data scientist, there is one thing you really need to understand and know how to handle: data. With SQL being a foundational technical approach for working with data, it should not be surprising that the top tech companies will ask about your SQL skills during an interview. Here, we cover the key concepts tested so you can best prepare for your next data science interview.
- How To Build A Database Using Python - Sep 28, 2021.
Implement your database without handling the SQL using the Flask-SQLAlchemy library.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n36, Sep 22: The Machine & Deep Learning Compendium Open Book; Easy SQL in Native Python - Sep 22, 2021.
The Machine & Deep Learning Compendium Open Book; Easy SQL in Native Python; Introduction to Automated Machine Learning; How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree; What Is The Real Difference Between Data Engineers and Data Scientists?
- How to be a Data Scientist without a STEM degree - Sep 20, 2021.
Breaking into data science as a professional does require technical skills, a well-honed knack for problem-solving, and a willingness to swim in oceans of data. Maybe you are coming in as a career change or ready to take a new learning path in life--without having previously earned an advanced degree in a STEM field. Follow these tips to find your way into this high-demand and interesting field.
- Build a synthetic data pipeline using Gretel and Apache Airflow - Sep 2, 2021.
In this blog post, we build an ETL pipeline that generates synthetic data from a PostgreSQL database using Gretel’s Synthetic Data APIs and Apache Airflow.
- How to solve machine learning problems in the real world - Sep 2, 2021.
Becoming a machine learning engineer pro is your goal? Sure, online ML courses and Kaggle-style competitions are great resources to learn the basics. However, the daily job of a ML engineer requires an additional layer of skills that you won’t master through these approaches.
- For SQL, or why I’m so over-protective of my data people - Aug 11, 2021.
For decades, SQL has been the foundation for how humans interact with data. Alternate approaches seem to continually attempt to replace this powerful language. However, while much progress remains in the techniques and tools for the curation and management of data, the skilled craftspeople who work with data -- through the lens of SQL -- are likely to be around for decades more.
- Practising SQL without your own database - Aug 10, 2021.
SQL is a very important skill for data analysts and data scientists. However, when you are just starting out learning in the field, how can you practice querying with SQL if you don’t have any data stored in a database?
- How to Query Your Pandas Dataframe - Aug 9, 2021.
A Data Scientist’s perspective on SQL-like Python functions.
- dbt for Data Transformation – Hands-on Tutorial - Jul 28, 2021.
The data build tool (dbt) is gaining in popularity and use, and this hands-on tutorial covers creating complex models, using variables and functions, running tests, generating docs, and many more features.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n27, Jul 21: Top 6 Data Science Online Courses in 2021; Geometric Foundations of Deep Learning - Jul 21, 2021.
Top 6 Data Science Online Courses in 2021; Geometric foundations of Deep Learning; Google’s Director of Research Advice for Learning Data Science; SQL, Syllogisms, and Explanations; How to Create Unbiased Machine Learning Models
- Top 6 Data Science Online Courses in 2021 - Jul 15, 2021.
As an aspiring data scientist, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the abundance of resources available on the Internet. With these 6 online courses, you can develop yourself from a novice to experienced in less than a year, and prepare you with the skills necessary to land a job in data science.
- SQL, Syllogisms, and Explanations - Jul 14, 2021.
Check out the Executable English Platform, for self-explaining applications written in English that you can run in your browser.
- How to Get Practical Data Science Experience to be Career-Ready - Jul 7, 2021.
Becoming a professional in the field of data science takes more than just book-smarts. You need to have experience with real-world data sets, frequently-used tools, and an intuition for solutions that you can only gain from hands-on experience. These resources will jump start developing your practical skills.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n23, Jun 23: Pandas vs SQL: When Data Scientists Should Use Each Tool; How to Land a Data Analytics Job in 6 Months - Jun 23, 2021.
Pandas vs SQL: When Data Scientists Should Use Each Tool; How to Land a Data Analytics Job in 6 Months; A Graph-based Text Similarity Method with Named Entity Information in NLP; The Best Way to Learn Practical NLP?; An introduction to Explainable AI (XAI) and Explainable Boosting Machines (EBM)
- Pandas vs SQL: When Data Scientists Should Use Each Tool - Jun 21, 2021.
Exploring data sets and understanding its structure, content, and relationships is a routine and core process for any Data Scientist. Multiple tools exist for performing such analysis, and we take a deep dive into the benefits and different approaches of two important tools, SQL and Pandas.
- The Most In Demand Skills for Data Engineers in 2021 - May 18, 2021.
If you are preparing to make a career in data or are looking for opportunities to skill-up in your current data-centric role, then this analysis of in-demand skills for 2021, based on over 17,000 Data Engineer job postings, should offer you a good idea as to which programming languages and software tools are increasing and decreasing in importance.
- The NoSQL Know-It-All Compendium - May 13, 2021.
Are you a NoSQL beginner, but want to become a NoSQL Know-It-All? Well, this is the place for you. Get up to speed on NoSQL technologies from a beginner's point of view, with this collection of related progressive posts on the subject. NoSQL? No problem!
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n18, May 12: Data Preparation in SQL, with Cheat Sheet!; Rebuilding 7 Python Projects - May 12, 2021.
Data Preparation in SQL, with Cheat Sheet!; Rebuilding My 7 Python Projects; Applying Python’s Explode Function to Pandas DataFrames; Essential Linear Algebra for Data Science and Machine Learning; Similarity Metrics in NLP
- How to get started managing data quality with SQL and scale - May 4, 2021.
Silent data quality issues are the biggest problem facing data teams today, who are flying blind with no systems or processes in place to monitor and detect bad data before it has a downstream impact.
- Top 10 Data Science Courses to Take in 2021 - Apr 20, 2021.
Whether you are getting started with Data Science / Machine Learning or are an experienced professional looking to learn something new, check out these top 10 data science courses for 2021.
- Build an Effective Data Analytics Team and Project Ecosystem for Success - Apr 19, 2021.
Apply these techniques to create a data analytics program that delivers solutions that delight end-users and meet their needs.
- The Most In-Demand Skills for Data Scientists in 2021 - Apr 15, 2021.
If you are preparing to make a career as a Data Scientist or are looking for opportunities to skill-up in your current role, this analysis of in-demand skills for 2021, based on over 15,000 Data Scientist job postings, should offer you a good idea as to which programming languages and software tools are increasing and decreasing in importance.
- Working With Time Series Using SQL - Apr 6, 2021.
This article is an overview of using SQL to manipulate time series data.
- Data Science Learning Roadmap for 2021 - Feb 26, 2021.
Venturing into the world of Data Science is an exciting, interesting, and rewarding path to consider. There is a great deal to master, and this self-learning recommendation plan will guide you toward establishing a solid understanding of all that is foundational to data science as well as a solid portfolio to showcase your developed expertise.
- Data Observability, Part II: How to Build Your Own Data Quality Monitors Using SQL - Feb 23, 2021.
Using schema and lineage to understand the root cause of your data anomalies.
- Data Observability: Building Data Quality Monitors Using SQL - Feb 16, 2021.
To trigger an alert when data breaks, data teams can leverage a tried and true tactic from our friends in software engineering: monitoring and observability. In this article, we walk through how you can create your own data quality monitors for freshness and distribution from scratch using SQL.
- 7 Most Recommended Skills to Learn to be a Data Scientist - Feb 10, 2021.
The Data Scientist professional has emerged as a true interdisciplinary role that spans a variety of skills, theoretical and practical. For the core, day-to-day activities, many critical requirements that enable the delivery of real business value reach well outside the realm of machine learning, and should be mastered by those aspiring to the field.
- How to Deploy a Flask API in Kubernetes and Connect it with Other Micro-services - Feb 9, 2021.
A hands-on tutorial on how to implement your micro-service architecture using the powerful container orchestration tool Kubernetes.
- Data Cleaning and Wrangling in SQL - Jan 14, 2021.
SQL is a foundational skill for data analysts but its application is sometimes limited within the data pipeline. However, SQL can be successfully used for many pre-processing tasks, such as data cleaning and wrangling, as demonstrated here by example.
- Advice to aspiring Data Scientists – your most common questions answered - Jan 7, 2021.
Embarking on a new career path can be daunting with many unknowns about how to get started and how to be successful. If you are aspiring to become a Data Scientist, then the answers to these common questions can help set you off on the right foot.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n01, Jan 6: All machine learning algorithms you should know in 2021; Monte Carlo integration in Python; MuZero – the most important ML system ever created? - Jan 6, 2021.
The first issue in 2021 brings you a great blog about Monte Carlo Integration - in Python; An overview of main Machine Learning algorithms you need to know in 2021; SQL vs NoSQL: 7 Key Takeaways; Generating Beautiful Neural Network Visualizations - how to; MuZero - may be the most important Machine Learning system ever created; and much more!
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n48, Dec 23: Crack SQL Interviews; MLOps – Why and How; 2021 AI, Data Science, ML Predictions - Dec 23, 2020.
In this last issue of the year learn how to crack SQL interviews, find why and how of MLOps, check top online courses Data Science, and read the predictions for AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning from our panel of experts and a group of innovative companies.
- Crack SQL Interviews - Dec 17, 2020.
SQL is an essential programming language for data analysis and processing. So, SQL questions are always part of the interview process for data science-related jobs, including data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers. Become familiar with these common patterns seen in SQL interview questions and follow our tips on how to neatly handle each with SQL queries.
- 6 Things About Data Science that Employers Don’t Want You to Know - Dec 14, 2020.
As is the potential for any "trending hot" career, the reality of a position in the field may not be all that you initially expected. Data Science is no exception, and being still a young field, its evolving definition can offer some surprises that you should know about before accepting that dream offer.
- The Ultimate Guide to Data Engineer Interviews - Dec 7, 2020.
If you are preparing for data engineering interviews, then follow these technical recommendations regarding your resume, programming skills, SQL acumen, and system design problem-solving, as well as the non-technical aspects of your upcoming interview session.
- Top 6 Data Science Programs for Beginners - Nov 20, 2020.
Udacity has the best industry-leading programs in data science. Here are the top six data science courses for beginners to help you get started.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 11-17: Data Engineering – the Cousin of Data Science, is Troublesome - Nov 18, 2020.
Also 6 Things About #DataScience that Employers Don't Want You to Know; NLP - Zero to Hero with #Python #NLProc; 5 Tricky SQL Queries Solved - Explaining the approach to solving a few complex #SQL queries.
- Modern Data Science Skills: 8 Categories, Core Skills, and Hot Skills - Sep 8, 2020.
We analyze the results of the Data Science Skills poll, including 8 categories of skills, 13 core skills that over 50% of respondents have, the emerging/hot skills that data scientists want to learn, and what is the top skill that Data Scientists want to learn.
- Working with Spark, Python or SQL on Azure Databricks - Aug 27, 2020.
Here we look at some ways to interchangeably work with Python, PySpark and SQL using Azure Databricks, an Apache Spark-based big data analytics service designed for data science and data engineering offered by Microsoft.
- Data Science Tools Illustrated Study Guides - Aug 25, 2020.
These data science tools illustrated guides are broken up into four distinct categories: data retrieval, data manipulation, data visualization, and engineering tips. Both online and PDF versions of these guides are available.
- Feature Engineering in SQL and Python: A Hybrid Approach - Jul 2, 2020.
Set up your workstation, reduce workplace clutter, maintain a clean namespace, and effortlessly keep your dataset up-to-date.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 13-19: Linear algebra and optimization and machine learning: A textbook - May 21, 2020.
Also: Everything you need to become a self-taught #MachineLearning Engineer ; SQL Cheat Sheet (2020) - a useful cheat sheet that documents some of the more commonly used elements of SQL;
- What they do not tell you about machine learning - May 19, 2020.
There's a lot of excitement out there about machine learning jobs. So, it's always good to start off with a healthy dose of reality and proper expectations.
- The Benefits & Examples of Using Apache Spark with PySpark - Apr 21, 2020.
Apache Spark runs fast, offers robust, distributed, fault-tolerant data objects, and integrates beautifully with the world of machine learning and graph analytics. Learn more here.
- Python for data analysis… is it really that simple?!? - Apr 2, 2020.
The article addresses a simple data analytics problem, comparing a Python and Pandas solution to an R solution (using plyr, dplyr, and data.table), as well as kdb+ and BigQuery solutions. Performance improvement tricks for these solutions are then covered, as are parallel/cluster computing approaches and their limitations.
- Introduction to Geographical Time Series Prediction with Crime Data in R, SQL, and Tableau - Feb 14, 2020.
When reviewing geographical data, it can be difficult to prepare the data for an analysis. This article helps by covering importing data into a SQL Server database; cleansing and grouping data into a map grid; adding time data points to the set of grid data and filling in the gaps where no crimes occurred; importing the data into R; running XGBoost model to determine where crimes will occur on a specific day
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n02, Jan 15: Top 5 Must-have Data Science Skills; Learn Machine Learning with THIS Book - Jan 15, 2020.
This week: learn the 5 must-have data science skills for the new year; find out which book is THE book to get started learning machine learning; pick up some Python tips and tricks; learn SQL, but learn it the hard way; and find an introductory guide to learning common NLP techniques.
- Learning SQL the Hard Way - Jan 8, 2020.
Simply put: This post is about installing SQL, explaining SQL and running SQL.
- 7 Resources to Becoming a Data Engineer - Jan 7, 2020.
An estimated 8,650% growth of the volume of Data to 175 zetabytes from 2010 to 2025 has created an enormous need for Data Engineers to build an organization's big data platform to be fast, efficient and scalable.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n38, Oct 9: The Last SQL Guide for Data Analysis; 4 Quadrants of Data Science Skills and 7 steps for Viral Data Visualization - Oct 9, 2019.
Read a comprehensive SQL guide for data analysis; Learn how to choose the right clustering algorithm for your data; Find out how to create a viral DataViz using the data from Data Science Skills poll; Enroll in any of 10 Free Top Notch Natural Language Processing Courses; and more.
- The Last SQL Guide for Data Analysis You’ll Ever Need - Oct 4, 2019.
This is it: the last SQL guide for data analysis you'll ever need! OK, maybe it’s actually the first. But it’ll give you a solid head start.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n32, Aug 28: Handy SQL Features for Data Scientists; Nothing but NumPy: Creating Neural Networks with Computational Graphs - Aug 28, 2019.
Most useful SQL features for Data Scientist; Excellent tutorial on creating neural nets from scratch with Numpy; TensorFlow 2.0 highlights, explained; How to sell your boss on Data Analytics; and more.
- Top Handy SQL Features for Data Scientists - Aug 23, 2019.
Whenever we hear "data," the first thing that comes to mind is SQL! SQL comes with easy and quick to learn features to organize and retrieve data, as well as perform actions on it in order to gain useful insights.
- Is SQL needed to be a data scientist? - Jul 25, 2019.
As long as there is ‘data’ in data scientist, Structured Query Language (or see-quel as we call it) will remain an important part of it. In this blog, let us explore data science and its relationship with SQL.
- Become a Pro at Pandas, Python’s Data Manipulation Library - Jun 13, 2019.
Pandas is one of the most popular Python libraries for cleaning, transforming, manipulating and analyzing data. Learn how to efficiently handle large amounts of data using Pandas.
- What you need to know: The Modern Open-Source Data Science/Machine Learning Ecosystem - Jun 10, 2019.
We identify the 6 tools in the modern open-source Data Science ecosystem, examine the Python vs R question, and determine which tools are used the most with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Transitioning your Career to Data Science – Part 2 - Jun 7, 2019.
How do you identify the technical skills a hiring manager is looking for? How do you build a data science project that draws the attention of a hiring manager?
- Why physical storage of your database tables might matter - May 31, 2019.
Follow this investigation into why physical storage of your database tables might matter, from problem identification to possible issue resolutions.
- Python leads the 11 top Data Science, Machine Learning platforms: Trends and Analysis - May 30, 2019.
Python continues to lead the top Data Science platforms, but R and RapidMiner hold their share; Almost 50% have used Deep Learning tools; SQL is steady; Consolidation continues.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n20, May 22: 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science; How to build Math Programming Skills - May 22, 2019.
Also An overview of Pycharm for Data Scientists; How to build a Computer Vision model - key approaches and datasets; k-means clustering tutorial; 60+ useful graph visualization libraries; The Data Fabric for Machine Learning.
- 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science — 2019 Edition - May 17, 2019.
Follow these updated 7 steps to go from SQL data science newbie to practitioner in a hurry. We consider only the necessary concepts and skills, and provide quality resources for each.
- Powerful like your local notebook. Sharable like a Google Doc. - Apr 30, 2019.
Mode is the only analytics platform with native Python and R Notebooks. Get everyone up and running in minutes by delivering Notebook-powered results right in your browser. Now anyone on your team can re-run R- and Python-powered reports themselves—without ever touching code.
- Because analysis is more than just dashboards - Apr 11, 2019.
Where traditional BI tools often make it easy to build dashboards, Mode makes it easy for you to answer any follow-up questions when you see changes in those dashboards. Choose the level of abstraction you want for a given dataset and quickly get to the story behind the change.
- Training a Champion: Building Deep Neural Nets for Big Data Analytics - Apr 4, 2019.
Introducing Sisense Hunch, the new way of handling Big Data sets that uses AQP technology to construct Deep Neural Networks (DNNs) which are trained to learn the relationships between queries and their results in these huge datasets.
- Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019? - Mar 11, 2019.
We investigate what a typical data scientist looks like and see how this differs from this time last year, looking at skill set, programming languages, industry of employment, country of employment, and more.
- SQL, Python, and R in One Platform - Nov 27, 2018.
Stop jumping between applications. Get a complete analytical toolkit.
- UnitedHealth Group: Clinical Data Statistical Analyst – SQL SAS (Clinician Required) [Telecommute] - Nov 16, 2018.
Leverage your data analytic and project management skills to lead programs that focus on improving HEDIS rates and impacting the quality of care for our members.
- SQL, Python, & R in One Platform - Oct 26, 2018.
No more jumping between applications. Mode Studio combines a SQL editor, Python and R notebooks, and a visualization builder in one platform.
- SQL, Python, & R: All in One Platform - Oct 11, 2018.
Mode Studio connects a SQL editor, Python and R notebooks, and a visualization builder in one platform. Sign up now for access.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n36, Sep 26: Machine Learning Algorithms From Scratch; Deep Learning Framework Popularity; Data Capture, the Deep Learning Way - Sep 26, 2018.
Also: SQL Case Study: Helping a Startup CEO Manage His Data; Building a Machine Learning Model through Trial and Error; The Whys and Hows of Web Scraping; Unfolding Naive Bayes From Scratch; "Auto-What?" - A Taxonomy of Automated Machine Learning
- SQL Case Study: Helping a Startup CEO Manage His Data - Sep 19, 2018.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a table, insert values into it, use and understand some data types, use SELECT statements, UPDATE records, use some aggregate functions, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n33, Sep 5: Practical Topic Modeling with Python; Classifying AI Technologies; Data Science Project Inspiration - Sep 5, 2018.
Also: An End-to-End Project on Time Series Analysis and Forecasting with Python; Financial Data Analysis - Data Processing 1: Loan Eligibility Prediction; OLAP queries in SQL: A Refresher; Word Vectors in Natural Language Processing: Global Vectors (GloVe)
- OLAP queries in SQL: A Refresher - Sep 3, 2018.
Based on the recent book - Principles of Database Management - The Practical Guide to Storing, Managing and Analyzing Big and Small Data - this post examines how OLAP queries can be implemented in SQL.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n29, Aug 1: Building an Awesome Data Science Portfolio; Data Science + DevOps = Taming the Unicorn - Aug 1, 2018.
Also: A Practitioner's Guide to Processing & Understanding Text: Data Retrieval with Web Scraping; Remote Data Science: How to Send R and Python Execution to SQL Server from Jupyter Notebooks; Best Deal in the Galaxy? Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference NYC
- Remote Data Science: How to Send R and Python Execution to SQL Server from Jupyter Notebooks - Jul 27, 2018.
Did you know that you can execute R and Python code remotely in SQL Server from Jupyter Notebooks or any IDE? Machine Learning Services in SQL Server eliminates the need to move data around.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n26, Jul 11: 5 Favorite Free Visualization Tools; SQL Cheat Sheet; Top 20 Python Libraries for Data Science - Jul 11, 2018.
Also Introduction to Apache Spark; fast.ai Machine Learning Course Notes; Cartoon: How is Data Science Different From Religion?
- SQL Cheat Sheet - Jul 2, 2018.
A good programmer or software developer should have a basic knowledge of SQL queries in order to be able retrieve data from a database. This cheat sheet can help you get started in your learning, or provide a useful resource for those working with SQL.
- Modern Graph Query Language – GSQL - Jun 29, 2018.
This post introduces the prospect of fulfilling the need for a modern graph query language with GSQL
- How to Execute R and Python in SQL Server with Machine Learning Services - Jun 25, 2018.
Machine Learning Services in SQL Server eliminates the need for data movement - you can install and run R/Python packages to build Deep Learning and AI applications on data in SQL Server.
- Simple Tips for PostgreSQL Query Optimization - Jun 22, 2018.
A single query optimization tip can boost your database performance by 100x. Although we usually advise our customers to use these tips to optimize analytic queries (such as aggregation ones), this post is still very helpful for any other type of query.
- Event Processing: Three Important Open Problems - May 28, 2018.
This article summarizes the three most important problems to be solved in event processing. The facts in this article are supported by a recent survey and an analysis conducted on the industry trends.
- Deep Learning With Apache Spark: Part 2 - May 23, 2018.
In this article I’ll continue the discussion on Deep Learning with Apache Spark. I will focus entirely on the DL pipelines library and how to use it from scratch.
Pages: 1 2
- Python eats away at R: Top Software for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2018: Trends and Analysis - May 22, 2018.
Python continues to eat away at R, RapidMiner gains, SQL is steady, Tensorflow advances pulling along Keras, Hadoop drops, Data Science platforms consolidate, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- YouTube videos on database management, SQL, Datawarehousing, Business Intelligence, OLAP, Big Data, NoSQL databases, data quality, data governance and Analytics – free - May 18, 2018.
Watch over 20 hours of YouTube videos on databases and database design, Physical Data Storage, Transaction Management and Database Access, and Data Warehousing, Data Governance and (Big) Data Analytics - all free.
- To SQL or not To SQL: that is the question! - May 7, 2018.
This article looks at the emergence of the NoSQL movement and compares it to a traditional relational database.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n17, Apr 25: Python Regular Expressions Cheat Sheet; Deep Learning With Apache Spark; Building a Question Answering Model - Apr 25, 2018.
Also: Derivation of Convolutional Neural Network from Fully Connected Network Step-By-Step; Presto for Data Scientists - SQL on anything; Why Deep Learning is perfect for NLP (Natural Language Processing); Top 16 Open Source Deep Learning Libraries and Platforms
- Presto for Data Scientists – SQL on anything - Apr 19, 2018.
Presto enables data scientists to run interactive SQL across multiple data sources. This open source engine supports querying anything, anywhere, and at large scale.
- Loading Terabytes of Data from Postgres into BigQuery - Apr 9, 2018.
Despite the fact that an ETL task is pretty challenging when it comes to loading Big Data, there’s still the scenario in which you can load terabytes of data from Postgres into BigQuery relatively easy and very efficiently.
- Scalable Select of Random Rows in SQL - Apr 5, 2018.
Performance boosts are achieved by selecting random rows or the sampling technique. Let’s learn how to select random rows in SQL.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Data Engineering – Part II - Mar 15, 2018.
In this post, I share more technical details on how to build good data pipelines and highlight ETL best practices. Primarily, I will use Python, Airflow, and SQL for our discussion.
Pages: 1 2
- Want a Job in Data? Learn This - Feb 19, 2018.
Why mastering a 50-year-old programming language is the key to getting a data science job.
- Calculating Customer Lifetime Value: SQL Example - Feb 15, 2018.
In order to understand how to estimate LTV, it is useful to first think about evaluating a customer’s lifetime value at the end of their relationship with us.
- SQL Window Functions Tutorial for Business Analysis - Dec 27, 2017.
In this SQL window functions tutorial, we will describe how these functions work in general, what is behind their syntax, and show how to answer these questions with pure SQL.
Pages: 1 2
- A Guide for Customer Retention Analysis with SQL - Dec 19, 2017.
Customer retention curves are essential to any business looking to understand its clients, and will go a long way towards explaining other things like sales figures or the impact of marketing initiatives. They are an easy way to visualize a key interaction between customers and the business.
Pages: 1 2
- Unlock Machine Learning for the New Speed and Scale of Business - Dec 8, 2017.
Learn how Vertica in-database machine learning supports the entire predictive analytics process with, with MPP, SQL execution, R, Python, Java and more - get the whitepaper.
- Database Bootcamp Webinar Series, Dec 5, 7, 12, 14 - Dec 1, 2017.
The need to be broadly knowledgeable and rapidly understand the existing database ecosystem is growing. Looker broken down and simplified the differentiators of the main database technologies into this series of four, 45-minute webinar sessions.
- PySpark SQL Cheat Sheet: Big Data in Python - Nov 16, 2017.
PySpark is a Spark Python API that exposes the Spark programming model to Python - With it, you can speed up analytic applications. With Spark, you can get started with big data processing, as it has built-in modules for streaming, SQL, machine learning and graph processing.
Pages: 1 2