- KDnuggets™ News 21:n45, Dec 1: Most Common SQL Mistakes on Data Science Interviews; Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists - Dec 1, 2021.
Most Common SQL Mistakes on Data Science Interviews; Why Machine Learning Engineers are Replacing Data Scientists; Vote in new KDnuggets Poll: What Percentage of Your Machine Learning Models Have Been Deployed? KDnuggets: Personal History and Nuggets of Experience.
- Most Common SQL Mistakes on Data Science Interviews - Nov 23, 2021.
Sure, we all make mistakes -- which can be a bit more painful when we are trying to get hired -- so check out these typical errors applicants make while answering SQL questions during data science interviews.
- How to Ace Data Science Interview by Working on Portfolio Projects - Oct 13, 2021.
Recruiters of Data Science professionals around the world focus on portfolio projects rather than resumes and LinkedIn profiles. So, learning early how to contribute and share your work on GitHub, Deepnote, and Kaggle can help you perform your best during data science interviews.
- Data science SQL interview questions from top tech firms - Oct 5, 2021.
As a data scientist, there is one thing you really need to understand and know how to handle: data. With SQL being a foundational technical approach for working with data, it should not be surprising that the top tech companies will ask about your SQL skills during an interview. Here, we cover the key concepts tested so you can best prepare for your next data science interview.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n30, Aug 11: Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; How Visualization is Transforming Exploratory Data Analysis - Aug 11, 2021.
Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; How Visualization is Transforming Exploratory Data Analysis; How To Become A Freelance Data Scientist – 4 Practical Tips; How to Query Your Pandas Dataframe; Essential Math for Data Science: Introduction to Systems of Linear Equations
- Most Common Data Science Interview Questions and Answers - Aug 5, 2021.
After analyzing 900+ data science interview questions from companies over the past few years, the most common data science interview question categories are reviewed in this guide, each explained with an example.
- 30 Most Asked Machine Learning Questions Answered - Aug 3, 2021.
There is always a lot to learn in machine learning. Whether you are new to the field or a seasoned practitioner and ready for a refresher, understanding these key concepts will keep your skills honed in the right direction.
- Top Python Data Science Interview Questions - Jul 23, 2021.
Six must-know technical concepts and two types of questions to test them.
- How Can You Distinguish Yourself from Hundreds of Other Data Science Candidates? - Jul 13, 2021.
A few easy (and not-so-easy) ways to prove to employers that your skills and attitudes place you in a higher bracket.
- Prepare Behavioral Questions for Data Science Interviews - Jul 2, 2021.
This is part 5 of a series by the author which helps readers nail the data science interviews with confidence.
- How to ace A/B Testing Data Science Interviews - Apr 22, 2021.
Understanding the process of A/B testing and knowing how to discuss this approach during data science job interviews can give you a leg up over other candidates. This mock interview provides a step-by-step guide through how to demonstrate your mastery of the key concepts and logical considerations.
- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 2 - Apr 8, 2021.
In this second article in this series, we’ll continue to take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- A/B Testing: 7 Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews, Part 1 - Apr 1, 2021.
In this article, we’ll take an interview-driven approach by linking some of the most commonly asked interview questions to different components of A/B testing, including selecting ideas for testing, designing A/B tests, evaluating test results, and making ship or no ship decisions.
- More Data Science Cheatsheets - Mar 18, 2021.
It's time again to look at some data science cheatsheets. Here you can find a short selection of such resources which can cater to different existing levels of knowledge and breadth of topics of interest.
- The Ultimate Guide to Acing Coding Interviews for Data Scientists - Mar 2, 2021.
This article covers understanding the 4 types of coding interview questions and preparing for them effectively.
- 10 Statistical Concepts You Should Know For Data Science Interviews - Feb 23, 2021.
Data Science is founded on time-honored concepts from statistics and probability theory. Having a strong understanding of the ten ideas and techniques highlighted here is key to your career in the field, and also a favorite topic for concept checks during interviews.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n05, Feb 3: How to Get a Job as a Data Scientist; Popular Machine Learning Interview Questions, part 2 - Feb 3, 2021.
Learn how to get a job as Data Scientist; it will help if you study popular machine learning interview questions; Beyond the Nash Equilibrium: DeepMind Clever Strategy to Solve Asymmetric Games; Understanding Bayes Theorem; and more.
- Popular Machine Learning Interview Questions, part 2 - Jan 27, 2021.
Get ready for your next job interview requiring domain knowledge in machine learning with answers to these thirteen common questions.
- Popular Machine Learning Interview Questions - Jan 20, 2021.
Get ready for your next job interview requiring domain knowledge in machine learning with answers to these eleven common questions.
- Crack SQL Interviews - Dec 17, 2020.
SQL is an essential programming language for data analysis and processing. So, SQL questions are always part of the interview process for data science-related jobs, including data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers. Become familiar with these common patterns seen in SQL interview questions and follow our tips on how to neatly handle each with SQL queries.
- The Ultimate Guide to Data Engineer Interviews - Dec 7, 2020.
If you are preparing for data engineering interviews, then follow these technical recommendations regarding your resume, programming skills, SQL acumen, and system design problem-solving, as well as the non-technical aspects of your upcoming interview session.
- How to Explain Key Machine Learning Algorithms at an Interview - Oct 19, 2020.
While preparing for interviews in Data Science, it is essential to clearly understand a range of machine learning models -- with a concise explanation for each at the ready. Here, we summarize various machine learning models by highlighting the main points to help you communicate complex models.
- Data Science Internship Interview Questions - Aug 11, 2020.
Data science is an attractive field because not only is it lucrative, but you can have opportunities to work on interesting projects, and you’re always learning new things. If you're trying to get started from the ground up, then review this guide to prepare for the interview essentials.
- How to Rock a Virtual Data Interview - May 26, 2020.
To help you truly rock your next virtual data interview, we’ve pulled together a few tips that we recommend when conducting our online interviews for The Data Incubator’s Data Science Fellowship Program.
- 2 Questions for a Junior Data Scientist - Jan 24, 2020.
Academic credentials and experience with previous machine learning projects are important for kicking off a data science career. However, landing your first job out of school will require you to extend your thinking about projects and problems. Learn how one interviewer honed in on desired skills by considering these two questions.
- The Data Science Interview Study Guide - Jan 22, 2020.
Preparing for a job interview can be a full-time job, and Data Science interviews are no different. Here are 121 resources that can help you study and quiz your way to landing your dream data science job.
- Handling Trees in Data Science Algorithmic Interview - Jan 16, 2020.
This post is about fast-tracking the study and explanation of tree concepts for the data scientists so that you breeze through the next time you get asked these in an interview.
- Interview Questions for Data Science – Three Case Interview Examples - Apr 30, 2019.
Part two in this series of useful posts for aspiring data scientists focuses on case interviews and how you can best go about answering them.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 22-28: AI Knowledge Map: How To Classify AI Technologies; 100 Days of #MachineLearning Coding with #Python - Aug 29, 2018.
Also 25 fun questions for a machine learning interview; Data Visualization Cheat Sheet
- Data Scientist Interviews Demystified - Aug 2, 2018.
We look at typical questions in a data science interview, examine the rationale for such questions, and hope to demystify the interview process for recent graduates and aspiring data scientists.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n23, Jun 13: Did Python declare victory over R?; Master the Netflix Interview; Deep Learning Projects DIY Style - Jun 13, 2018.
Also: Command Line Tricks For Data Scientists; How (dis)similar are my train and test data?; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Should Not Overlook, June 2018; Introduction to Game Theory; Human Interpretable Machine Learning
- Netflix Data Science Interview Questions: Acing the AI Interview - Jun 7, 2018.
Gain some perspective on the Netflix interview process, and on ways to prepare for just such an industry interview.
- Must-Know: Key issues and problems with A/B testing - May 22, 2017.
A look at 2 topics in A/B testing: Ensuring that bucket assignment is truly random, and conducting an A/B test on an opt-in feature.
- Must-Know: What are common data quality issues for Big Data and how to handle them? - May 16, 2017.
Let's have a look at common quality issues facing Big Data in terms of the key characteristics of Big Data – Volume, Velocity, Variety, Veracity, and Value.
- Must-Know: How to determine the most useful number of clusters? - May 9, 2017.
Without knowing the ground truth of a dataset, then, how do we know what the optimal number of data clusters are? We will have a look at 2 particular popular methods for attempting to answer this question: the elbow method and the silhouette method.
- Must-Know: What is the idea behind ensemble learning? - May 2, 2017.
In ensemble methods, more diverse the models used, more robust will be the ultimate result.
- Must-Know: When can parallelism make your algorithms run faster? When could it make your algorithms run slower? - Apr 25, 2017.
Efficient implementation is key to achieving the benefits of parallelization, even though parallelism is a good idea when the task can be divided into sub-tasks that can be executed independent of each other without communication or shared resources.
- Must-Know: What is the curse of dimensionality? - Apr 18, 2017.
What is the curse of dimensionality? This post gives a no-nonsense overview of the concept, plain and simple.
- Must-Know: How to evaluate a binary classifier - Apr 11, 2017.
Binary classification is a basic concept which involves classifying the data into two groups. Read on for some additional insight and approaches.
- Must-Know: Why it may be better to have fewer predictors in Machine Learning models? - Apr 4, 2017.
There are a few reasons why it might be a better idea to have fewer predictor variables rather than having many of them. Read on to find out more.
- What Top Firms Ask: 100+ Data Science Interview Questions - Mar 22, 2017.
Check this out: A topic wise collection of 100+ data science interview questions from top companies.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n11, Mar 22: 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution; 17 More Must-Know Data Science Q&A, part 3 - Mar 22, 2017.
Also 7 Types of Data Scientist Job Profiles; Email Spam Filtering: An Implementation with Python and Scikit-learn.
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, Part 3 - Mar 15, 2017.
The third and final part of 17 new must-know Data Science interview questions and answers covers A/B testing, data visualization, Twitter influence evaluation, and Big Data quality.
Pages: 1 2
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, Part 2 - Feb 22, 2017.
The second part of 17 new must-know Data Science Interview questions and answers covers overfitting, ensemble methods, feature selection, ground truth in unsupervised learning, the curse of dimensionality, and parallel algorithms.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n07, Feb 22: 17 Must-Know Data Science Interview Q&A; Removing Outliers in Python - Feb 22, 2017.
Also Removing Outliers Using Standard Deviation in Python; Natural Language Processing Key Terms, Explained; Data Scientists Strongly Oppose Trump Immigration Ban.
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers - Feb 15, 2017.
17 new must-know Data Science Interview questions and answers include lessons from failure to predict 2016 US Presidential election and Super Bowl LI comeback, understanding bias and variance, why fewer predictors might be better, and how to make a model more robust to outliers.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n45, Dec 21: 50+ Data Science, ML Cheat Sheets; Ethics of Self-Driving Cars? Top experts on Machine Learning Main Events, Key Trends - Dec 21, 2016.
Also New Poll: Can You Live with Ethics of Machine Learning and Self-Driving Cars? Machine Learning, AI Main Events and Key Trends; 5 Basic Types of Data Science Interview Questions.
- The 5 Basic Types of Data Science Interview Questions - Dec 16, 2016.
Data science interviews are notoriously complex, but most of what they throw at you will fall into one of these categories.
- 10 Tips to Improve your Data Science Interview - Nov 29, 2016.
Interviewing is a skill. Here are 10 tips and resources to improve your Data Science interviews.
- How Do You Identify the Right Data Scientist for Your Team? - Jun 8, 2016.
Have you been trying to answer the question of what type of a data scientist would be the best fit for your team? Is there a single all-encompassing answer or does it vary based on the client objectives? Read on for some insight.
- The Secret to a Perfect Data Science Interview - Apr 1, 2016.
How to interview a Data Scientist, in 5 steps. The secret to answering every question perfectly :).
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n06, Feb 17: 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Q&A; Top Influencers and Brands - Feb 17, 2016.
21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; Big Data 2016: Top Influencers and Brands; Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: : gainers and losers; Scikit Flow: Easy Deep Learning with TensorFlow and ...
- 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers - Feb 11, 2016.
KDnuggets Editors bring you the answers to 20 Questions to Detect Fake Data Scientists, including what is regularization, Data Scientists we admire, model validation, and more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top /r/DataScience Posts, October: Plagiarism, Reddit AMAs, Deep Learning Summer School - Nov 3, 2015.
Plagiarism, a data science author's upcoming AMA, Deep Learning Summer School, essential tools for us all, and data scientist interview questions.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 8-14: Word vectors, Hardware for Deep Learning, and Neural Graphics Engines - Mar 19, 2015.
Word vectors in NLP, Machine Learning's place in programming, hardware for deep learning, Machine Learning interviews, and neural graphics engines are all topics covered this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 10-11: Deep Learning overview, free book; Best machine learning interview questions - Mar 12, 2014.
Deep Learning: Methods and Application, free book from Microsoft; Best interview questions to evaluate a machine learning researcher; Good list of Machine Learning Libraries in Python: scikit-learn, pandas, Theano, NLTK.