- Deep learning doesn’t need to be a black box - Feb 5, 2021.
The cultural perception of AI is often suspect because of the described challenges in knowing why a deep neural network makes its predictions. So, researchers try to crack open this "black box" after a network is trained to correlate results with inputs. But, what if the goal of explainability could be designed into the network's architecture -- before the model is trained and without reducing its predictive power? Maybe the box could stay open from the beginning.
- 2011: DanNet triggers deep CNN revolution - Feb 4, 2021.
In 2021, we are celebrating the 10-year anniversary of DanNet, which, in 2011, was the first pure deep convolutional neural network (CNN) to win computer vision contests. Read about its history here.
- Popular Machine Learning Interview Questions, part 2 - Jan 27, 2021.
Get ready for your next job interview requiring domain knowledge in machine learning with answers to these thirteen common questions.
- Roadmap to Computer Vision - Oct 26, 2020.
Read this introduction to the main steps which compose a computer vision system, starting from how images are pre-processed, features extracted and predictions are made.
- AI Papers to Read in 2020 - Sep 10, 2020.
Reading suggestions to keep you up-to-date with the latest and classic breakthroughs in AI and Data Science.
- Introduction to Convolutional Neural Networks - Jun 3, 2020.
The article focuses on explaining key components in CNN and its implementation using Keras python library.
- Interactive Machine Learning Experiments - May 26, 2020.
Dive into experimenting with machine learning techniques using this open-source collection of interactive demos built on multilayer perceptrons, convolutional neural networks, and recurrent neural networks. Each package consists of ready-to-try web browser interfaces and fully-developed notebooks for you to fine tune the training for better performance.
- Google Unveils TAPAS, a BERT-Based Neural Network for Querying Tables Using Natural Language - May 19, 2020.
The new neural network extends BERT to interact with tabular datasets.
- 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read - Apr 20, 2020.
In this article, we introduce 5 papers on CNNs that represent both novel approaches and baselines in the field.
- Brain Tumor Detection using Mask R-CNN - Mar 30, 2020.
Mask R-CNN has been the new state of the art in terms of instance segmentation. Here I want to share some simple understanding of it to give you a first look and then we can move ahead and build our model.
- Recreating Fingerprints using Convolutional Autoencoders - Mar 4, 2020.
The article gets you started working with fingerprints using Deep Learning.
- Create Your Own Computer Vision Sandbox - Feb 5, 2020.
This post covers a wide array of computer vision tasks, from automated data collection to CNN model building.
- Top 10 AI, Machine Learning Research Articles to know - Jan 30, 2020.
We’ve seen many predictions for what new advances are expected in the field of AI and machine learning. Here, we review a “data set” based on what researchers were apparently studying at the turn of the decade to take a fresh glimpse into what might come to pass in 2020.
- Knowing Your Neighbours: Machine Learning on Graphs - Aug 8, 2019.
Graph Machine Learning uses the network structure of the underlying data to improve predictive outcomes. Learn how to use this modern machine learning method to solve challenges with connected data.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n28, Jul 31: Top 13 Skills To Become a Rockstar Data Scientist; Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science - Jul 31, 2019.
Learn the essential skills needed to become a Data Science rockstar; Understand CNNs with Python + Tensorflow + Keras tutorial; Discover the best podcasts about AI, Analytics, Data Science; and find out where you can get the best Certificates in the field
- Convolutional Neural Networks: A Python Tutorial Using TensorFlow and Keras - Jul 26, 2019.
Different neural network architectures excel in different tasks. This particular article focuses on crafting convolutional neural networks in Python using TensorFlow and Keras.
- An Overview of Human Pose Estimation with Deep Learning - Jun 28, 2019.
Human Pose Estimation is one of the main research areas in computer vision. The reason for its importance is the abundance of applications that can benefit from such a technology. Here's an introduction to the different techniques used in Human Pose Estimation based on Deep Learning.
- Do Conv-nets Dream of Psychedelic Sheep? - Jun 25, 2019.
In deep learning, understanding your model well enough to interpret its behavior will help improve model performance and reduce the black-box mystique of neural networks.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n14, Apr 10: Which Data Science/ML methods and algorithms you used? Predict Age and Gender Using Neural Nets - Apr 10, 2019.
Getting started with NLP using the PyTorch framework; Building a Recommender System; Advice for New Data Scientists; All you need to know about text preprocessing for NLP and Machine Learning; Advanced Keras - Constructing Complex Custom Losses and Metrics; Top 8 Data Science Use Cases in Gaming
- Predict Age and Gender Using Convolutional Neural Network and OpenCV - Apr 4, 2019.
Age and gender estimation from a single face image are important tasks in intelligent applications. As such, let's build a simple age and gender detection model in this detailed article.
- Deep Compression: Optimization Techniques for Inference & Efficiency - Mar 20, 2019.
We explain deep compression for improved inference efficiency, mobile applications, and regularization as technology cozies up to the physical limits of Moore's law.
- How to do Everything in Computer Vision - Feb 27, 2019.
The many standard tasks in computer vision all require special consideration: classification, detection, segmentation, pose estimation, enhancement and restoration, and action recognition. Let me show you how to do everything in Computer Vision with Deep Learning!
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing (NLP) – using RNNs & CNNs - Feb 21, 2019.
We investigate several Natural Language Processing tasks and explain how Deep Learning can help, looking at Language Modeling, Sentiment Analysis, Language Translation, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 21-27: Intro to #DataScience for Managers – a mindmap; An Introduction to #AI - Nov 28, 2018.
Also: An Introduction to #AI; Intuitively Understanding Convolutions for #DeepLearning; 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science.
- [Webinar] Neural Network Fundamentals - Oct 16, 2018.
In this webinar, Oct 25, 2018, 10:00 am PST, we will apply your convolutional neural network using the ImageNet scenario. We will also review some of the ImageNet architectures and how convolutions work.
- Don’t Use Dropout in Convolutional Networks - Sep 5, 2018.
If you are wondering how to implement dropout, here is your answer - including an explanation on when to use dropout, an implementation example with Keras, batch normalization, and more.
- Text Classification & Embeddings Visualization Using LSTMs, CNNs, and Pre-trained Word Vectors - Jul 5, 2018.
In this tutorial, I classify Yelp round-10 review datasets. After processing the review comments, I trained three model in three different ways and obtained three word embeddings.
- Inside the Mind of a Neural Network with Interactive Code in Tensorflow - Jun 29, 2018.
Understand the inner workings of neural network models as this post covers three related topics: histogram of weights, visualizing the activation of neurons, and interior / integral gradients.
Pages: 1 2
- Using Topological Data Analysis to Understand the Behavior of Convolutional Neural Networks - Jun 28, 2018.
Neural Networks are powerful but complex and opaque tools. Using Topological Data Analysis, we can describe the functioning and learning of a convolutional neural network in a compact and understandable way.
- Detecting Sarcasm with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks - Jun 21, 2018.
Detection of sarcasm is important in other areas such as affective computing and sentiment analysis because such expressions can flip the polarity of a sentence.
- Top Stories, May 14-20: Data Science vs Machine Learning vs Data Analytics vs Business Analytics; Implement a YOLO Object Detector from Scratch in PyTorch - May 21, 2018.
Also: An Introduction to Deep Learning for Tabular Data; 9 Must-have skills you need to become a Data Scientist, updated; GANs in TensorFlow from the Command Line: Creating Your First GitHub Project; Complete Guide to Build ConvNet HTTP-Based Application
- Complete Guide to Build ConvNet HTTP-Based Application using TensorFlow and Flask RESTful Python API - May 15, 2018.
In this tutorial, a CNN is to be built, and trained and tested against the CIFAR10 dataset. To make the model remotely accessible, a Flask Web application is created using Python to receive an uploaded image and return its classification label using HTTP.
Pages: 1 2
- How I Used CNNs and Tensorflow and Lost a Silver Medal in Kaggle Challenge - May 8, 2018.
I joined the competition a month before it ended, eager to explore how to use Deep Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques for this problem. Then came the deception. And I will tell you how I lost my silver medal in that competition.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n18, May 2: Blockchain Explained in 7 Python Functions; Data Science Dirty Secret; Choosing the Right Evaluation Metric - May 2, 2018.
Also: Building Convolutional Neural Network using NumPy from Scratch; Data Science Interview Guide; Implementing Deep Learning Methods and Feature Engineering for Text Data: The GloVe Model; Jupyter Notebook for Beginners: A Tutorial
- Building Convolutional Neural Network using NumPy from Scratch - Apr 26, 2018.
In this article, CNN is created using only NumPy library. Just three layers are created which are convolution (conv for short), ReLU, and max pooling.
- Derivation of Convolutional Neural Network from Fully Connected Network Step-By-Step - Apr 19, 2018.
What are the advantages of ConvNets over FC networks in image analysis? How is ConvNet derived from FC networks? Where the term convolution in CNNs came from? These questions are to be answered in this article.
- Ten Machine Learning Algorithms You Should Know to Become a Data Scientist - Apr 11, 2018.
It's important for data scientists to have a broad range of knowledge, keeping themselves updated with the latest trends. With that being said, we take a look at the top 10 machine learning algorithms every data scientist should know.
Pages: 1 2
- The 10 Deep Learning Methods AI Practitioners Need to Apply - Dec 13, 2017.
Deep learning emerged from that decade’s explosive computational growth as a serious contender in the field, winning many important machine learning competitions. The interest has not cooled as of 2017; today, we see deep learning mentioned in every corner of machine learning.
Pages: 1 2
- TensorFlow for Short-Term Stocks Prediction - Dec 12, 2017.
In this post you will see an application of Convolutional Neural Networks to stock market prediction, using a combination of stock prices with sentiment analysis.
- Understanding Deep Convolutional Neural Networks with a practical use-case in Tensorflow and Keras - Nov 29, 2017.
We show how to build a deep neural network that classifies images to many categories with an accuracy of a 90%. This was a very hard problem before the rise of deep networks and especially Convolutional Neural Networks.
Pages: 1 2
- Capsule Networks Are Shaking up AI – Here’s How to Use Them - Nov 16, 2017.
If you follow AI you might have heard about the advent of the potentially revolutionary Capsule Networks. I will show you how you can start using them today.
- Real World Deep Learning: Neural Networks for Smart Crops - Nov 7, 2017.
The advances in image classification, object detection, and semantic segmentation using deep Convolutional Neural Networks, which spawned the availability of open source tools such as Caffe and TensorFlow (to name a couple) to easily manipulate neural network graphs... made a very strong case in favor of CNNs for our classifier.
- 7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras - Oct 30, 2017.
Are you interested in learning how to use Keras? Do you already have an understanding of how neural networks work? Check out this lean, fat-free 7 step plan for going from Keras newbie to master of its basics as quickly as is possible.
- Deep Learning for Object Detection: A Comprehensive Review - Oct 6, 2017.
By the end of this post, we will hopefully have gained an understanding of how deep learning is applied to object detection, and how these object detection models both inspire and diverge from one another.
Pages: 1 2
- Object Detection: An Overview in the Age of Deep Learning - Sep 13, 2017.
Like many other computer vision problems, there still isn’t an obvious or even “best” way to approach the problem of object recognition, meaning there’s still much room for improvement.
Pages: 1 2
- Detecting Facial Features Using Deep Learning - Sep 4, 2017.
A challenging task in the past was detection of faces and their features like eyes, nose, mouth and even deriving emotions from their shapes. This task can be now “magically” solved by deep learning and any talented teenager can do it in a few hours.
- Connecting the dots for a Deep Learning App - Aug 31, 2017.
We show how to build a Deep Learning app which does sentiment analysis on movie reviews. Try it yourself!
Pages: 1 2
- Using AI to Super Compress Images - Aug 21, 2017.
Neural Network algorithms are showing promising results for different complex problems. Here we discuss how these algorithms are used in image compression.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n31, Aug 16: Data Science Primer: Basic Concepts; Python vs R vs rest - Aug 16, 2017.
Also: What Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Can Do-And What It Can't; How Convolutional Neural Networks Accomplish Image Recognition?; Making Predictive Models Robust: Holdout vs Cross-Validation; The Machine Learning Abstracts: Support Vector Machines
- How Convolutional Neural Networks Accomplish Image Recognition? - Aug 9, 2017.
Image recognition is very interesting and challenging field of study. Here we explain concepts, applications and techniques of image recognition using Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Mind Reading: Using Artificial Neural Nets to Predict Viewed Image Categories From EEG Readings - Aug 9, 2017.
This post outlines the approach taken at a recent deep learning hackathon, hosted by YCombinator-backed startup DeepGram. The dataset: EEG readings from a Stanford research project that predicted which category of images their test subjects were viewing using linear discriminant analysis.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n29, Aug 2: Machine Learning Exercises in Python; 8 Reasons Why Many Big Data Analytics Solutions Fail - Aug 2, 2017.
Machine Learning Exercises in Python: An Introductory Tutorial Series; The BI & Data Analysis Conundrum: 8 Reasons Why Many Big Data Analytics Solutions Fail to Deliver Value; The Internet of Things: An Introductory Tutorial Series; How to squeeze the most from your training data
- Visualizing Convolutional Neural Networks with Open-source Picasso - Aug 1, 2017.
Toolkits for standard neural network visualizations exist, along with tools for monitoring the training process, but are often tied to the deep learning framework. Could a general, easy-to-setup tool for generating standard visualizations provide a sanity check on the learning process?
- Picking an Optimizer for Style Transfer - Jul 21, 2017.
Gradient Descent, Adam or Limited-memory Broyden–Fletcher–Goldfarb–Shanno? Which will optimize your style transfer neural network faster and better? Read this post for a data-backed discussion.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 17-23: Beginner Guide To Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks; Big Data 2017: Top Influencers and Brands - May 24, 2017.
#BigData 2017: Top Influencers and Brands; #ICYMI 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience; Good Test for #DeepLearning #ImageRecognition? #Chihuahua or #Muffin
- Using Deep Learning To Extract Knowledge From Job Descriptions - May 9, 2017.
We present a deep learning approach to extract knowledge from a large amount of data from the recruitment space. A learning to rank approach is followed to train a convolutional neural network to generate job title and job description embeddings.
- Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning , Part 2 - Apr 13, 2017.
In this article we will talk about basics of deep learning from the lens of Convolutional Neural Nets. We plan to use this knowledge to build CNNs in the next post and use Keras to develop a model to predict lung cancer.
- 3 practical thoughts on why deep learning performs so well - Feb 3, 2017.
Why does Deep Learning perform better than other machine learning methods? We offer 3 reasons: integration of integration of feature extraction within the training process, collection of very large data sets, and technology development.
- Top arXiv Papers, January: ConvNets Advances, Wide Instead of Deep, Adversarial Networks Win, Learning to Reinforcement Learn - Feb 3, 2017.
Check out the top arXiv Papers from January, covering convolutional neural network advances, why wide may trump deep, generative adversarial networks, learning to reinforcement learn, and more.
- ResNets, HighwayNets, and DenseNets, Oh My! - Dec 19, 2016.
This post walks through the logic behind three recent deep learning architectures: ResNet, HighwayNet, and DenseNet. Each make it more possible to successfully trainable deep networks by overcoming the limitations of traditional network design.
- Implementing a CNN for Human Activity Recognition in Tensorflow - Nov 21, 2016.
In this post, we will see how to employ Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) for HAR, that will learn complex features automatically from the raw accelerometer signal to differentiate between different activities of daily life.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n41, Nov 16: Top 10 Amazon Books in Data Mining; Intuitive Explanation of Convolutional Neural Nets - Nov 16, 2016.
Also An Intuitive Explanation of Convolutional Neural Networks; Data Scientists vs Data Analysts - Part 1; How to Rank 10% in Your First Kaggle Competition.
- An Intuitive Explanation of Convolutional Neural Networks - Nov 11, 2016.
This article provides a easy to understand introduction to what convolutional neural networks are and how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Deep Learning cleans podcast episodes from ‘ahem’ sounds - Nov 8, 2016.
“3.5 mm audio jack… Ahem!!” where did you hear that? ;) Well, this post is not about Google Pixel vs iPhone 7, but how to remove ugly “Ahem” sound from a speech using deep convolutional neural network. I must say, very interesting read.
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: August Update, Part 2 - Sep 23, 2016.
This is the second part of an overview of deep learning stories that made news in August. Look to see if you have missed anything.
- Deep Learning Reading Group: Deep Residual Learning for Image Recognition - Sep 22, 2016.
Published in 2015, today's paper offers a new architecture for Convolution Networks, one which has since become a staple in neural network implementation. Read all about it here.
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: August Update - Sep 21, 2016.
Check out this thorough roundup of deep learning stories that made news in August, and see if there are any items of note that you missed.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n33, Sep 14: Top Algorithms Used by Data Scientists; (Not So) New Data Scientist Venn Diagram - Sep 14, 2016.
Top Algorithms Used by Data Scientists; Guide To Understanding Convolutional Neural Nets; The (Not So) New Data Scientist Venn Diagram; Deep Learning Networks with Stochastic Depth.
- A Beginner’s Guide To Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks Part 2 - Sep 8, 2016.
This is the second part of a thorough introductory treatment of convolutional neural networks. Have a look after reading the first part.
Pages: 1 2
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: July Update, Part 2 - Sep 7, 2016.
Check out this second installation of deep learning stories that made news in July. See if there are any items of note you missed.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n32, Sep 7: Cartoon: Data Scientist was sexiest job until…; Up to Speed on Deep Learning - Sep 7, 2016.
Cartoon: Data Scientist - the sexiest job of the 21st century until...; Up to Speed on Deep Learning: July Update; How Convolutional Neural Networks Work; Learning from Imbalanced Classes; What is the Role of the Activation Function in a Neural Network?
- A Beginner’s Guide To Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks Part 1 - Sep 6, 2016.
Interested in better understanding convolutional neural networks? Check out this first part of a very comprehensive overview of the topic.
Pages: 1 2
- How Convolutional Neural Networks Work - Aug 31, 2016.
Get an overview of what is going on inside convolutional neural networks, and what it is that makes them so effective.
Pages: 1 2
- 3 Thoughts on Why Deep Learning Works So Well - Aug 10, 2016.
While answering a posed question in his recent Quora Session, Yann LeCun also shared 3 high-level thoughts on why deep learning works so well.
- Peeking Inside Convolutional Neural Networks - Jun 29, 2016.
This post discusses using some tricks to peek inside of the neural network, and to visualize what the individual units in a layer detect.
Pages: 1 2
- What is the Difference Between Deep Learning and “Regular” Machine Learning? - Jun 3, 2016.
Another concise explanation of a machine learning concept by Sebastian Raschka. This time, Sebastian explains the difference between Deep Learning and "regular" machine learning.
- Machine Learning for Artists – Video lectures and notes - Apr 28, 2016.
Art has always been deep for those who appreciate it... but now, more than ever, deep learning is making a real impact on the art world. Check out this graduate course, and its freely-available resources, focusing on this very topic.
- Must Know Tips for Deep Learning Neural Networks - Mar 22, 2016.
Deep learning is white hot research topic. Add some solid deep learning neural network tips and tricks from a PhD researcher.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: AlphaGo, Distributed TensorFlow, Neural Network Image Enhancement - Mar 2, 2016.
In February on /r/MachineLearning, we get a run-down of the AlphaGo matches, Distributed TensorFlow is released, convolutional neural nets are cleaning Star Wars images, vintage science is on parade, military machine learning is criticized, and the overwhelmed researcher is given advice.
- Around the World in 60 Days: Getting Deep Speech to Work in Mandarin - Feb 24, 2016.
Baidu continues to make impressive gains with deep learning. Their latest achievement centers on Mandarin speech recognition, which you can read about here from the researchers involved in the project.
Pages: 1 2
- The Top A.I. Breakthroughs of 2015 - Feb 2, 2016.
Learn about the biggest developments of 2015 in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: Google Masters Go, Deep Learning Laughs, OpenAI AMA - Feb 1, 2016.
In January on /r/MachineLearning: Go gets mastered, deep learning laughs, an OpenAI team AMA, convolutional neural nets colorize black and white photos, and the AI community loses a leader.
- 20+ hottest research papers on Computer Vision, Machine Learning - Jan 15, 2016.
December's ICCV 2015 conference in Santiago, Chile has come and gone, but that's no reason not to know about its top papers. Get an update on which computer vision papers and researchers won awards.
Pages: 1 2
- 7 Steps to Understanding Deep Learning - Jan 11, 2016.
There are many deep learning resources freely available online, but it can be confusing knowing where to begin. Go from vague understanding of deep neural networks to knowledgeable practitioner in 7 steps!
Pages: 1 2
- Top 5 Deep Learning Resources, January - Jan 7, 2016.
There is an increasing volume of deep learning research, articles, blog posts, and news constantly emerging. Our Deep Learning Reading List aims to make this information easier to digest.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: TensorFlow, Deep Convolutional Generative Adversarial Networks, and lolz - Dec 2, 2015.
In November on /r/MachineLearning, we've got a good laugh, a fantastic image-generating convolutional generative adversarial network, and a whole lot of Google TensorFlow.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n38, Nov 18: TensorFlow Disappoints; Spark with Python; Deep Learning; Top 20 Books - Nov 18, 2015.
TensorFlow Disappoints - Google Deep Learning falls shallow; Introduction to Spark with Python; A Statistical View of Deep Learning; Amazon Top 20 Books in Databases & Big Data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 10-16: 5 Books Every #Data Professional Needs; TensorFlow Disappoints – Google Deep Learning falls shallow - Nov 17, 2015.
Deep Learning for #Visual Question Answering; 5 Books Every #Data Professional Needs; Deep, excellent overview: A Statistical View of #DeepLearning; TensorFlow Disappoints - Google #DeepLearning falls shallow.
- Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks for NLP - Nov 11, 2015.
Dive into the world of Convolution Neural Networks (CNN), learn how they work, how to apply them for NLP, and how to tune CNN hyperparameters for best performance.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Deep Learning Finds What Makes a Good #selfie - Oct 28, 2015.
Ever wonder how a convolutional neural network would rate your selfies? Well, wonder no more!
- MetaMind Mastermind Richard Socher: Uncut Interview - Oct 20, 2015.
In a wide-ranging interview, Richard Socher opens up about MetaMind, deep learning, the nature of corporate research, and the future of machine learning.
- Deep Learning and Artistic Style – Can art be quantified? - Sep 17, 2015.
We analyze the latest advance in Deep learning which teaches computers to paint in the style of different famous painters, from Van Gogh to Picasso. Is it really Art?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Neural Network Generated Images, Free Data Science Books, Super Mario World - Jul 2, 2015.
Generating images with neural networks, free data science books, machine learning for playing Mario, implementing neural networks in Python, and video generation based on terms were all covered this month on /r/MachineLearning.
- Popular Deep Learning Tools – a review - Jun 18, 2015.
Deep Learning is the hottest trend now in AI and Machine Learning. We review the popular software for Deep Learning, including Caffe, Cuda-convnet, Deeplearning4j, Pylearn2, Theano, and Torch.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 29-Apr 4: Andrew Ng AMA, Deep Learning for NLP, and OpenCL Convnets - Apr 10, 2015.
Andrew Ng's upcoming AMA, scikit-learn updates, Richard Socher's Deep Learning NLP videos, Criteo's huge new dataset, and convolutional neural networks on OpenCL are the top topics discussed this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Inside Deep Learning: Computer Vision With Convolutional Neural Networks - Apr 9, 2015.
Deep Learning-powered image recognition is now performing better than human vision on many tasks. We examine how human and computer vision extracts features from raw pixels, and explain how deep convolutional neural networks work so well.
Pages: 1 2 3
- CuDNN – A new library for Deep Learning - Sep 19, 2014.
Becoming more and more popular, deep learning is proved to be useful in artificial intelligence. Last week, NVIDIA’s new library for deep neural networks, cuDNN, has attracted much attention.