- Predicting Heart Disease Using Machine Learning? Don’t! - Nov 10, 2020.
I believe the “Predicting Heart Disease using Machine Learning” is a classic example of how not to apply machine learning to a problem, especially where a lot of domain experience is required.
- Brain Tumor Detection using Mask R-CNN - Mar 30, 2020.
Mask R-CNN has been the new state of the art in terms of instance segmentation. Here I want to share some simple understanding of it to give you a first look and then we can move ahead and build our model.
- Understanding Cancer using Machine Learning - Aug 16, 2019.
Use of Machine Learning (ML) in Medicine is becoming more and more important. One application example can be Cancer Detection and Analysis.
- Classifying Heart Disease Using K-Nearest Neighbors - Jul 8, 2019.
I have written this post for the developers and assumes no background in statistics or mathematics. The focus is mainly on how the k-NN algorithm works and how to use it for predictive modeling problems.
Pages: 1 2
- The Long Tail of Medical Data - Nov 12, 2018.
This article discusses some issues related to medical data, relating specifically to power law distributions and computer aided diagnosis. Read on to see machine learning's place in the puzzle.
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine: Data Analyst [Bethesda, Maryland] - Oct 29, 2018.
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a Data Analyst in Bethesda, Maryland, to analyze, organize, and manage AACOM’s data infrastructure.
- University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland: Sr Research Data Scientist (Medical Scheduling) - Jun 1, 2018.
Seeking a senior research data scientist to participate in the "Optimizing Operating Rooms and Care Services using Deep Reinforcement Learning" project.
- Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning , Part 4 - Jul 11, 2017.
This is the fourth installment of this series, and covers medical images and their components, medical image formats and their format conversions. The goal is to develop knowledge to help us with our ultimate goal — medical image analysis with deep learning.
- Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning , Part 3 - Jun 15, 2017.
In this article we will focus — basic deep learning using Keras and Theano. We will do 2 examples one using keras for basic predictive analytics and other a simple example of image analysis using VGG.
- Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning , Part 2 - Apr 13, 2017.
In this article we will talk about basics of deep learning from the lens of Convolutional Neural Nets. We plan to use this knowledge to build CNNs in the next post and use Keras to develop a model to predict lung cancer.
- Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning - Apr 6, 2017.
In this article, I start with basics of image processing, basics of medical image format data and visualize some medical data.
- MICCAI 2016 Cancer Radiomics Challenge - Aug 9, 2016.
Details on the ongoing MICCAI 2016 Cancer Radiomics Challenge, organized by University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center radiation oncology team, hosted on Kaggle, and being held until September 12th.
- I’m a data scientist – mind if I do surgery on your heart? - Jun 18, 2015.
If I walked into an operating room and said I'm going to start dabbling in surgery I would be immediately thrown out. But people do that with statistics and data analysis all the time.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Director of Data Science, Quintiles on Big Data for Healthcare - May 15, 2014.
We discuss the rising medical costs, how can Big Data help, key features of Quintiles Inforsario and Topological Data Analysis.
- Vanderbilt: Health Sys Analyst Prog II- PHP Developer-1310725 - Jan 9, 2014.
Help our innovative team improve medical education! Develop next generation interfaces and capabilities for medical education, building on existing custom-developed learning and curriculum management systems.