- The Evolution From Artificial Intelligence to Machine Learning to Data Science - Aug 10, 2022.
By the end of this article, you should be able to distinguish between these concepts.
- Free AI for Beginners Course - Aug 8, 2022.
Microsoft has put together an AI course for beginners, consisting of a 12 week, 24 lesson curriculum, available for free to all.
- Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part 6: The Importance of Precise Synapse Weights and the Ability to Set Them Quickly - Aug 5, 2022.
In Part Six, I’ll show how limitations in synapses are even more of a problem. Precise synapse weights and the ability to set them quickly to a specific value are crucial to ML and biological neurons offer neither.
- Most In-demand Artificial Intelligence Skills To Learn In 2022 - Aug 4, 2022.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the process of programming a computer that can reason and learn like a human being and make decisions for itself.
- Trust in AI is Priceless - Aug 2, 2022.
Many machine learning models fail to deliver. Sadly, it’s often due to a lack of focus on data quality.
- Best Practices for Creating Domain-Specific AI Models - Jul 27, 2022.
Here are some best practices and techniques for domain-specific model adaptation that worked for us time and again.
- The AIoT Revolution: How AI and IoT Are Transforming Our World - Jul 22, 2022.
The AIoT has the potential to transform industries and society, and it is already starting to have an impact. This article will explore the principles of AIoT, its benefits, and its current use.
- An Introduction to Hill Climbing Algorithm in AI - Jul 21, 2022.
Hill climbing is basically a search technique or informed search technique having different weights based on real numbers assigned to different nodes, branches, and goals in a path.
- Real-time Translations with AI - Jul 20, 2022.
Language is now less of a barrier than it was in earlier days and the concept of real-time translation is no longer a fantasy with AI. Learn more!
- Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part 5: Biological Neurons Can’t Do Summation of Inputs - Jul 14, 2022.
See why biological neurons can’t do the most fundamental process of the artificial perceptron, the summation of inputs.
- Free Artificial Intelligence And Deep Learning Crash Course - Jul 14, 2022.
Deep learning forms the backbone of modern day artificial intelligence. Learn more about the important aspects of this connection with this freely available course.
- Hidden Technical Debts Every AI Practitioner Should be Aware of - Jul 7, 2022.
Coming to think of technical debt in ML systems leads to the additional overhead of ML-related issues on top of typical software engineering issues.
- Celebrating Women in Leadership Roles in the Tech Industry - Jul 1, 2022.
The technology industry, specifically, has been continuing to close the gender gap.
- Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part 4: The Neuron’s Limited Ability to Represent Precise Values - Jun 22, 2022.
In the fourth installment, we focus on a fundamental issue: it is difficult to represent numerical values in neurons and impractical to represent them with precision.
- European AI Act: The Simplified Breakdown - Jun 9, 2022.
The AI act aims to ensure excellence in the EU, provide the correct conditions for the development of AI and guarantee that AI systems are beneficial to people.
- Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part 3: Fundamental Architecture - Jun 2, 2022.
Part three of this series examines the fundamental architecture underlying machine learning and the brain.
- Understanding Agent Environment in AI - May 25, 2022.
The role of the agent is always very important in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning. Learn more about agents here.
- Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part Two: Perceptrons vs Neurons - May 24, 2022.
An ML system requiring thousands of tagged samples is fundamentally different from the mind of a child, which can learn from just a few experiences of untagged data.
- How to Manage Your Complex IT Landscape with AIOps - May 18, 2022.
Complete guide and blog post series on IT Operations Management with AIOps. Using AI and Machine Learning to manage IT complexity to deliver world class IT service while keeping the lights on.
- Does AI Get its Own Batman? - May 6, 2022.
AI is sending up the Bat-signal and synthetic data is answering the call for more robust, powerful, and less-biased AI systems.
- Machine Learning Is Not Like Your Brain Part One: Neurons Are Slow, Slow, Slow - May 5, 2022.
Artificial intelligence is not all that intelligent. While today’s AI can do some extraordinary things, the functionality underlying its accomplishments has very little to do with the way in which a human brain works to achieve the same tasks.
- How Has the Adoption of AI in Algorithmic Trading Affected the Finance Industry? - Apr 20, 2022.
Algorithmic trading is the execution of trading operations according to a given algorithm. Read on to find out more.
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Transform Data Integration - Apr 19, 2022.
Let's take a look at what goes into creating a foundation for enterprise-wide data intelligence and how AI and ML can permanently transform data integration.
- Uncertainty Quantification in Artificial Intelligence-based Systems - Apr 5, 2022.
The article summarizes the plethora of UQ methods using Bayesian techniques, shows issues and gaps in the literature, suggests further directions, and epitomizes AI-based systems within the Financial Crime domain.
- People Management for AI: Building High-Velocity AI Teams - Mar 30, 2022.
Practical advice for managers and directors who are looking to build AI/ML teams.
- Data-Centric AI: Is it Real? For Everyone? Are We Ready? - Mar 22, 2022.
Check out this deep dive into Data-Centric AI.
- AI-Generated Sports Highlights: Different Approaches - Mar 16, 2022.
Competition for viewers’ attention is not over after the players leave the field. Now, anyone who can put up a highlight compilation or a game summarization first gets the edge. So, let’s talk about how media companies do just that — with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- How a Level System can Help Forecast AI Costs - Mar 11, 2022.
To forecast costs for AI systems, it can be useful to talk about their “level” just like SAE has levels for self-driving cars. Adopting a level system can help organizations plan and prepare for AI systems that scale in complexity over time.
- 8 Women in AI Who Are Striving to Humanize the World - Mar 8, 2022.
Some exceptional female researchers and engineers are working on projects to make the world a better place with the help of AI, data science, and machine learning.
- How to Stay on Top of What’s Going on in the AI World - Mar 4, 2022.
How do you keep up with all the news and trends, and navigate through the endless stream of AI information? Check out this author's list of favorite AI papers sources that help you float effortlessly in the info ocean.
- Hybrid AI Will Go Mainstream in 2022 - Mar 2, 2022.
Analysts predict an AI boom, driven by possibilities and record funding. While challenges remain, a hybrid approach combining the best of the realm may finally send it sailing into the mainstream.
- Analyzing the Probability of Future Success with Intelligence Node’s Attributes Evolution Model - Feb 28, 2022.
The analytics team at Intelligence Node have been working on developing a Limited Memory model (which first started as a Reactive model) aka the 'The Probability of Future Success' model. This model explores a new market driven approach to identifying future trends and probability of success for specific product attributes based on a series of dynamic metrics and attributes. Read this article to know more.
- Data-Centric AI: The Latest Research You Need to Know - Feb 24, 2022.
While a vast majority of research efforts today are preoccupied solely with ML models and algorithms, the data itself tends to be secondary and is treated as fixed. This claim is potentially detrimental.
- 5 Ways to Apply AI to Small Data Sets - Feb 9, 2022.
It is better to use AI algorithms on small data sets for results free of human errors and false results when applied correctly. Here are some methods to apply AI to small data sets.
- Artificial Intelligence and the Metaverse - Feb 3, 2022.
For those of you who don’t know, Artificial intelligence (AI) is the ability of a computer or a computer-controlled robot to perform tasks that are usually done by humans as they require human intelligence. Metaverse’s AI research and usage include content analysis, supervised speech processing, computer vision, and much more.
- 5 Ways To Use AI For Supply Chain Management - Feb 2, 2022.
Using AI to help optimize supply chain management is becoming more prevalent across industries. Early adopters are more resilient and prepared for the inevitable future of artificial intelligence within the supply chain management industry.
- Artificial Intelligence Project Ideas for 2022 - Jan 20, 2022.
In this article, I will provide you with a list of artificial intelligence project ideas that would look great on your resume.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Conference, April 29 – May 2, 2018, NYC – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 20, 2018.
Join the leading minds in AI, explore AI latest developments, separate hype from reality, and learn how to apply AI in your organization right now. Use code PCKDNG. Early price ends Mar 16.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in less than 50 years, say KDnuggets readers - Jan 5, 2018.
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) will likely be achieved in less than 50 years, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. The median estimate from all regions was 21-50 years, except in Asia where AGI is expected in 11-20 years.
- New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved? - Dec 18, 2017.
When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved, if ever? Please vote in new KDnuggets Poll.
- Webinar: Transform the business with automated embedded Artificial Intelligence, Nov 16 - Nov 6, 2017.
Learn how much value companies can get by adding AI to business applications and processes through AI and automation, how to architect a smart business with ubiquitous AI, and more.
- Artificial Intelligence Today: Time to Act - Oct 25, 2017.
The AI and advanced analytics conversation has risen all the way to C-suite. The time has come to act. Jump on the AI train soon or you will be left behind.
- Annual Global Artificial Intelligence Conference, Santa Clara, Jan 17-19, 2018 - Oct 11, 2017.
Over 50 leading experts in Artificial Intelligence area will present at our conference. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- Decoding AI: Making the Case for Artificial Intelligence - Sep 7, 2017.
The question is no longer ‘can we get machines to do this or that’ (the answer is yes for most things you can think of), question now is ‘where all do we want to do it?’
- Accenture: Artificial Intelligence Analytics Sr Manager - Aug 9, 2017.
Seeking an Artificial Intelligence Analytics Senior Manager to build and drive Artificial Intelligence opportunities in the UK and Ireland. This person will be responsible for helping shape Accenture’s point of view on Artificial Intelligence.
- Artificial Intelligence Conference – Exclusive KDnuggets Offer - Jul 31, 2017.
The O'Reilly AI Conference comes to San Francisco Sept 17-20. Early Price ends August 4, and space is limited. Save an extra 20% on most passes with KDnuggets exclusive code PCKDNG.
- What Are Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning? - Jul 10, 2017.
AI and Machine Learning have become mainstream, and people know shockingly little about it. Here is an explainer and useful references.
- Fidelity Investments: Vice President (AI Lead) – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Big Data - Jul 7, 2017.
Seeking an outstanding hands-on AI leader who can partner with business stakeholders and identify/prioritize top AI opportunities, create business/technical requirements, transform large volumes of data into AI-driven solutions using creative, and lead ML strategy and road map planning.
- Why Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning? - Jun 30, 2017.
With your goals (i.e., the why) in mind, the next step for any artificial intelligence or machine learning solution is to specify how (e.g., which algorithms or models to use) to achieve a specific goal or set of goals, and finally what the end result will be (e.g., product, report, predictive model).
- Microsoft: Principal Data Scientist (Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning) - Jun 20, 2017.
Currently we are expanding our team to support projects that focus on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive analytics. We are looking for an expert in this field from business/academia with extensive experience in this area.
- The Artificial ‘Artificial Intelligence’ Bubble and the Future of Cybersecurity - Jun 1, 2017.
What’s going on now in the field of ‘AI’ resembles a soap bubble. And we all know what happens to soap bubbles eventually if they keep getting blown up by the circus clowns (no pun intended!): they burst.
- The Path To Learning Artificial Intelligence - May 19, 2017.
Learn how to easily build real-world AI for booming tech, business, pioneering careers and game-level fun.
- How to Fail with Artificial Intelligence: 9 creative ways to make your AI startup fail - May 4, 2017.
This post summarizes nine creative ways to condemn almost any AI startup to bankruptcy. I focus on data science and machine learning startups, but the lessons on what to avoid can easily be applied to other industries.
- Artificial Intelligence Conference from O’Reilly Media, NYC, June 26-29 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 20, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. The organizers of Strata + Hadoop World Conferences are bring you new conference on AI in NYC in June. Use code PCKDNG to save.
- Cartoon: Taxes, Artificial Intelligence, and Humans - Apr 15, 2017.
In honor of Tax Day, new KDnuggets Cartoon looks at an unexpected white-collar job that may resist automation and Machine Learning.
- A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence - Apr 7, 2017.
This post is a brief outline of what happened in artificial intelligence in the last 60 years. A great place to start or brush up on your history.
- Accenture: Artificial Intelligence Experienced Researcher - Mar 16, 2017.
Seeking an experienced well-rounded artificial intelligence researcher with a passion for using AI to help us redesign how we solve critical applied business problems for the world’s largest firms.
- Why Go Long on Artificial Intelligence? - Feb 17, 2017.
We are now at the right place and time for AI to be the set of technology advancements that can help us solve challenges where answers reside in data. While we have already seen a few AI bull and bear markets since the 50’s, this time it’s different. If I and others are right, the implications are immensely valuable for all.
- 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 1, 2017.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free collections of university course material to help you better understand the various aspects of what artificial intelligence and skills necessary for moving forward in the field.
- Artificial Intelligence and Speech Recognition for Chatbots: A Primer - Jan 26, 2017.
Bot bots bots... Read this overview of how artificial intelligence and natural language processing are contributing to chatbot development, and where it all goes from here.
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 20, 2016.
As 2016 comes to a close and we prepare for a new year, check out the final instalment in our "Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017" series, where experts weigh in with their opinions.
- Artificial Intelligence and Life in 2030 - Dec 15, 2016.
Read this engaging overview of a report from the Stanford University 100 year study of Artificial Intelligence, “a long-term investigation of the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its influences on people, their communities, and society.”
- What You Are Too Afraid to Ask About Artificial Intelligence (Part II): Neuroscience - Dec 14, 2016.
As a followup to Part 1, which covered the advancements in machine learning, this post gives considers comprehension of the brain mechanisms. We have an ever-increasing understanding of brain processes, which may help to foster the development of an AGI.
- What You Are Too Afraid to Ask About Artificial Intelligence (Part I): Machine Learning - Dec 7, 2016.
In the first of a 2 part series, this post will briefly discuss major advancements in pure machine learning techniques - while a followup post will similarly treat neuroscience - both with an agnostic lens.
- Top 10 Amazon Books in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, 2016 Edition - Nov 30, 2016.
Given the ongoing explosion in interest for all things Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc., we have updated our Amazon top books lists from last year. Here are the 10 most popular titles in the AI & Machine Learning category.
- 13 Forecasts on Artificial Intelligence - Nov 15, 2016.
Once upon a time, Artificial Intelligence (AI) was the future. But today, human wants to see even beyond this future. This article try to explain how everyone is thinking about the future of AI in next five years, based on today’s emerging trends and developments in IoT, robotics, nanotech and machine learning.
Pages: 1 2
- Agilience Top Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Authorities - Nov 7, 2016.
Agilience developed a new way to find authorities in social media across many fields of interest. In previous post we reviewed the top authorities in Data Mining and Data science; in this post we review top authorities in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning which includes Vineet Vashishta, Kirk D. Borne, KDnuggets, James Kobielus, Kaggle and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Artificial Intelligence Classification Matrix - Nov 3, 2016.
There might be several different ways to think around machine intelligence startups; too narrow of a framework might be counterproductive given the flexibility of the sector and the facility of transitioning from one group to another. Check out this categorization matrix.
- Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained - Oct 14, 2016.
This article is meant to explain the concepts of AI, deep learning, and neural networks at a level that can be understood by most non-practitioners, and can also serve as a reference or review for technical folks as well.
- Is “Artificial Intelligence” Dead? Long Live Deep Learning?!? - Aug 26, 2016.
Has Deep Learning become synonymous with Artificial Intelligence? Read a discussion on the topic fuelled by the opinions of 7 participating experts, and gain some additional insight into the future of research and technology.
Pages: 1 2
- Artificial Intelligence: Useful Technology or the Next Frankenstein? - Aug 15, 2016.
For a refreshingly insightful and honest answer this question, just ask Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg.
- Robots Need “Common Sense” AI to Work Out Our Uncertain World - Aug 12, 2016.
At the Machine Intelligence Summit in Berlin last week, Jeremy Wyatt, Professor of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence at University of Birmingham, was asked a few questions about his work in mobile robot task planning and manipulation.
- Common Sense in Artificial Intelligence… by 2026? - Aug 4, 2016.
An insightful opinion piece on the future of common sense in AI. A recommended read by an authority in the field.
- Glimpses & Impressions: Strata Silicon Valley AI + ML Review – Part Two - Jul 8, 2016.
Read some impressions from onsite visits to 2 companies during Strata Silicon Valley in March: Novumind and Numenta.
- AI for Fun & Profit: Using the new Genie Cognitive Computing Platform for P2P Lending - Jul 8, 2016.
This tutorials uses the recently-released Genie (an acronym for General Evolving Networked Intelligence Engine) platform to learn from P2P (peer-to-peer) loan data. Experts and non-experts alike can leverage Genie to analyze Big Data, recognize objects, events, and patterns, and more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Glimpses & Impressions: Strata Silicon Valley AI + ML Review – Part One - Jul 7, 2016.
Read some impressions from a visit to Strata Silicon Valley in March. The focus is on integration of data science and machine learning tools, as well as the simplification of related processes.
Pages: 1 2
- Machine Learning Trends and the Future of Artificial Intelligence - Jun 22, 2016.
The confluence of data flywheels, the algorithm economy, and cloud-hosted intelligence means every company can now be a data company, every company can now access algorithmic intelligence, and every app can now be an intelligent app.
- How Much Will A.I. Surprise Us? - Jun 15, 2016.
Why think about what neural networks (and AI in general) can do that we can already do, when he real question that we should be asking is this: What will A.I. be able to do that we can’t even dream of?
- Figuring Out the Algorithms of Intelligence - Jun 15, 2016.
Marvin Minsky, the father of AI, passed away this year. One of his inventions was the confocal microscope, which we used to take this high-resolution picture of a live brain circuit. Something in these cells allows them to automatically identify useful connections and establish useful networks out of information.
- Let Me Hear Your Voice and I’ll Tell You How You Feel - May 24, 2016.
This post provides an overview of a voice tone analyzer implemented as part of a cohesive emotion detection system, directly from the researcher and architect.
- Are Deep Neural Networks Creative? - May 12, 2016.
Deep neural networks routinely generate images and synthesize text. But does this amount to creativity? Can we reasonably claim that deep learning produces art?
- From Insight-as-a-Service to Insightful Applications - May 5, 2016.
Applications that combine machine learning, AI, and domain knowledge have strong potential for industry and investors.
Pages: 1 2
- Microsoft is Becoming M(ai)crosoft - Apr 25, 2016.
This post is an overview and discussion of Microsoft's increasing investment in, and approach to, artificial intelligence, and how their philosophy differs from their competitors.
- The Data Science Puzzle, Explained - Mar 10, 2016.
The puzzle of data science is examined through the relationship between several key concepts in the data science realm. As we will see, far from being concrete concepts etched in stone, divergent opinions are inevitable; this is but another opinion to consider.
Pages: 1 2
- $5 Million for Helping Humanity through Artificial Intelligence - Feb 26, 2016.
IBM Watson A.I. XPRIZE contest will reward $5 million in prize money to the best applications of AI in solving world’s greatest challenges.
- How IBM Watson is Taking on The World - Feb 18, 2016.
We have made tremendous progress in the field of data analysis and on the other, our technology is getting smart. IBM has taken a solid stride in the direction of Artificial Intelligence by unveiling its supercomputer IBM Watson, learn what it can do, its adopters and what it holds for the future.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 1-7: On Facebook people are separated by only 3.5 degrees; Tribute to Marvin Minsky, co-founder of AI - Feb 8, 2016.
The Most Funded #Tech #Startup In every US state; Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft leaders in Gartner 2016 BI, #Analytics Platforms; Tribute to Marvin Minsky 1927-2016, co-founder of Artificial Intelligence; No more #6degrees! On Facebook people are separated by only 3.5 degrees.
- The Top A.I. Breakthroughs of 2015 - Feb 2, 2016.
Learn about the biggest developments of 2015 in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: Google Masters Go, Deep Learning Laughs, OpenAI AMA - Feb 1, 2016.
In January on /r/MachineLearning: Go gets mastered, deep learning laughs, an OpenAI team AMA, convolutional neural nets colorize black and white photos, and the AI community loses a leader.
- Deep Feelings On Deep Learning - Jan 25, 2016.
A thoughtful opinion piece on deep learning and its role in Strong AI. A pragmatic view of deep learning and its comparison to competing learning strategies is presented.
- The Unreasonable Reputation of Neural Networks - Jan 20, 2016.
A discussion of why deep neural networks are captivating imaginations everywhere, specifically their abilities to model many natural functions well and to learn surprisingly useful representations.
- What Is Machine Intelligence Vs. Machine Learning Vs. Deep Learning Vs. Artificial Intelligence (AI)? - Jan 14, 2016.
A discussion of three major approaches to building smart machines - Classic AI, Simple Neural Networks, and Biological Neural Networks - and examples as to how each approach might address the same problem.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, December: The Secret Sauce, OpenAI, Google vs. Facebook - Jan 4, 2016.
December on /r/MachineLearning: Is TensorFlow Google's "secret sauce?", AI leaders unite, an extensive curated list of machine learning resources grows, Google vs. Facebook, and Deep Q Pong.
- The Data Science Conference 2015 Highlights - Nov 18, 2015.
Here are the highlights from The Data Science Conference 2015, Nov 12-13 at University of Chicago. A two-day conference on Data Science, big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence & predictive modeling discussions -"for professionals" by professionals.
- Amazon Top 20 Books in AI & Machine Learning - Nov 2, 2015.
These are the most popular AI & machine learning books on Amazon. Have a look... you may find something of interest here.
- Best Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, and Machine Learning podcasts - Jun 9, 2015.
We present the top 12 Data Science & Machine Learning related Podcasts by popularity on iTunes. Check out latest episodes to stay up-to-date & become a part of the data conversations!
- KDnuggets Poll: Future of Predictive Analytics: Human or Machine? - Apr 21, 2015.
The robots are taking over many jobs - will they take yours and mine? New KDnuggets Poll is asking if and when automation will reach the level of human data scientists.
- Automatic Statistician is here: Dr. Mo - Mar 21, 2015.
Dr. Mo, Automatic Statistician is here! Using Artificial Intelligence, self-learning algorithm, multimodel technology Dr. Mo achieves Super Accuracy and Speed. Simple use and simple output for non-statisticians.
- Facebook Open Sources deep-learning modules for Torch - Feb 9, 2015.
We review Facebook recently released Torch module for Deep Learning, which helps researchers train large scale convolutional neural networks for image recognition, natural language processing and other AI applications.
- Cartoon: Hello, Singularity - Jan 11, 2015.
New KDnuggets cartoon takes a look at what can happen when Artificial Intelligence (AI) achieves Singularity.
- AI Says Data Scientists Not So Sexy in 2015 - Jan 10, 2015.
In 2015, democratization of data will become the democratization of information, data-hoarding era will be end and artificial intelligence will step into the mainstream.
- Majority thinks Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity - Jan 7, 2015.
The plurality of 48% in latest KDnuggets poll say Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity, but really interesting and scary questions have been raised - perhaps humanity is a threat to progress?
- Stanford’s AI100: Century-Long Study on Effects of Artificial Intelligence on Human Life - Dec 26, 2014.
Stanford unveils new 100 year study on the impact of artificial intelligence, particularly on democracy, privacy, the military. Surprisingly, perspectives from outside the AI community are absent from the initial panel.
- Eric Siegel vs Stephen Hawking on the risk of artificial intelligence - Dec 19, 2014.
Eric Siegel comments on current controversy whether AI is a threat to human race, says AI is safe. Whether you agree or not, vote in KDnuggets Poll: Is AI a threat?
- New Poll: Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? - Dec 12, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? Please vote if you are human.
- Virginia Tech: Faculty in AI/Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Data Analytics - Oct 16, 2014.
Virginia Tech seeks applicants for one tenure-track and two tenured faculty positions in three areas: artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering, and data analytics/cyber security.
- Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? - Jun 19, 2014.
A recent study of neural networks found that for every correctly classified image, one can generate an "adversarial", visually indistinguishable image that will be misclassified. This suggests potential deep flaws in all neural networks, including possibly a human brain.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 5-6: xkcd looks at Love and Statistics; Analytics job applicants – avoid these mistakes - May 7, 2014.
xkcd looks at Love and Statistics: Why it is important to label your axes; Analytics job applicants - avoid these common mistakes; Stanford Online Courses: Education + Advanced Skills = Awesome Career; Landmark for AI: computer system solves Algebra word problems.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 17-18: NSA metadata can find medical/financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures - Mar 19, 2014.
Stanford students show NSA metadata can find medical, financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures ; Social Networks are investing big in Artificial Intelligence; 7 Key Skills of Effective Data Scientists.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the Interview with Yann LeCun - Feb 20, 2014.
We discuss how far AI is likely to go, how Data Science to Statistics is like Computer Science was to Math, Big Data hype and reality, and advice to beginning Data Scientists.
- Cartoon: Watson and Artificial vs Natural Intelligence - Jan 24, 2014.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at Watson and compares Artificial and Natural Thinking.