- Tips & Tricks of Deploying Deep Learning Webapp on Heroku Cloud - Dec 24, 2021.
Learn model deployment issues and solutions on deploying a TensorFlow-based image classifier Streamlit app on a Heroku server.
- On-Device Deep Learning: PyTorch Mobile and TensorFlow Lite - Nov 22, 2021.
PyTorch and TensorFlow are the two leading AI/ML Frameworks. In this article, we take a look at their on-device counterparts PyTorch Mobile and TensorFlow Lite and examine them more deeply from the perspective of someone who wishes to develop and deploy models for use on mobile platforms.
- The 20 Python Packages You Need For Machine Learning and Data Science - Oct 14, 2021.
Do you do Python? Do you do data science and machine learning? Then, you need to do these crucial Python libraries that enable nearly all you will want to do.
- A Breakdown of Deep Learning Frameworks - Sep 23, 2021.
Deep Learning continues to evolve as one of the most powerful techniques in the AI toolbox. Many software packages exist today to support the development of models, and we highlight important options available with key qualities and differentiators to help you select the most appropriate for your needs.
- Introducing TensorFlow Similarity - Sep 17, 2021.
TensorFlow Similarity is a newly-released library from Google that facilitates the training, indexing and querying of similarity models. Check out more here.
- Overview of Albumentations: Open-source library for advanced image augmentations - Jul 22, 2021.
With code snippets on augmentations and integrations with PyTorch and Tensorflow pipelines.
- High-Performance Deep Learning: How to train smaller, faster, and better models – Part 5 - Jul 16, 2021.
Training efficient deep learning models with any software tool is nothing without an infrastructure of robust and performant compute power. Here, current software and hardware ecosystems are reviewed that you might consider in your development when the highest performance possible is needed.
- Beginners Guide to Debugging TensorFlow Models - Jun 15, 2021.
If you are new to working with a deep learning framework, such as TensorFlow, there are a variety of typical errors beginners face when building and training models. Here, we explore and solve some of the most common errors to help you develop a better intuition for debugging in TensorFlow.
- What makes a winning entry in a Machine Learning competition? - May 5, 2021.
So you want to show your grit in a Kaggle-style competition? Many, many others have the same idea, including domain experts and non-experts, and academic and corporate teams. What does it take for your bright ideas and skills to come out on top of thousands of competitors?
- The Most In-Demand Skills for Data Scientists in 2021 - Apr 15, 2021.
If you are preparing to make a career as a Data Scientist or are looking for opportunities to skill-up in your current role, this analysis of in-demand skills for 2021, based on over 15,000 Data Scientist job postings, should offer you a good idea as to which programming languages and software tools are increasing and decreasing in importance.
- The Best Machine Learning Frameworks & Extensions for TensorFlow - Apr 5, 2021.
Check out this curated list of useful frameworks and extensions for TensorFlow.
- Top 10 Python Libraries Data Scientists should know in 2021 - Mar 24, 2021.
So many Python libraries exist that offer powerful and efficient foundations for supporting your data science work and machine learning model development. While the list may seem overwhelming, there are certain libraries you should focus your time on, as they are some of the most commonly used today.
- 6 Data Science Certificates To Level Up Your Career - Feb 18, 2021.
Anyone looking to obtain a data science certificate to prove their ability in the field will find a range of options exist. We review several valuable certificates to consider that will definitely pump up your resume and portfolio to get you closer to your dream job.
- Hugging Face Transformers Package – What Is It and How To Use It - Feb 16, 2021.
The rapid development of Transformers have brought a new wave of powerful tools to natural language processing. These models are large and very expensive to train, so pre-trained versions are shared and leveraged by researchers and practitioners. Hugging Face offers a wide variety of pre-trained transformers as open-source libraries, and you can incorporate these with only one line of code.
- Who is fit to lead data science? - Feb 9, 2021.
Data science success depends on leaders, not the latest hands-on programming skills. So, we need to start looking for the right leadership skills and stop stuffing job postings with requirements for experience in the most current development tools.
- Saving and loading models in TensorFlow — why it is important and how to do it - Feb 3, 2021.
So much time and effort can go into training your machine learning models. But, shut down the notebook or system, and all those trained weights and more vanish with the memory flush. Saving your models to maximize reusability is key for efficient productivity.
- Mastering TensorFlow Variables in 5 Easy Steps - Jan 20, 2021.
Learn how to use TensorFlow Variables, their differences from plain Tensor objects, and when they are preferred over these Tensor objects | Deep Learning with TensorFlow 2.x.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n46, Dec 9: Why the Future of ETL Is Not ELT, But EL(T); Introduction to Data Engineering - Dec 9, 2020.
Learn why the future if ETL is not ELT, but EL(T) and what does that mean; Read a great intro to Data Engineering; Get expert opinions on the main developments in 2020 and key trends in 2021 in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning; NoSQL for Beginners; and more.
- Pruning Machine Learning Models in TensorFlow - Dec 4, 2020.
Read this overview to learn how to make your models smaller via pruning.
- Deploying Trained Models to Production with TensorFlow Serving - Nov 30, 2020.
TensorFlow provides a way to move a trained model to a production environment for deployment with minimal effort. In this article, we’ll use a pre-trained model, save it, and serve it using TensorFlow Serving.
- Primer on TensorFlow and how PerceptiLabs Makes it Easier - Nov 18, 2020.
With PerceptiLabs, beginners can get started building a model more quickly, and those with more experience can still dive into the code. Given that PerceptiLabs runs TensorFlow behind the scenes, we thought we'd walk through the framework so you can understand its basics, and how it is utilized by PerceptiLabs.
- tensorflow + dalex = :) , or how to explain a TensorFlow model - Nov 13, 2020.
Having a machine learning model that generates interesting predictions is one thing. Understanding why it makes these predictions is another. For a tensorflow predictive model, it can be straightforward and convenient develop an explainable AI by leveraging the dalex Python package.
- How to Acquire the Most Wanted Data Science Skills - Nov 13, 2020.
We recently surveyed KDnuggets readers to determine the "most wanted" data science skills. Since they seem to be those most in demand from practitioners, here is a collection of resources for getting started with this learning.
- Mastering TensorFlow Tensors in 5 Easy Steps - Nov 11, 2020.
Discover how the building blocks of TensorFlow works at the lower level and learn how to make the most of Tensor objects.
- PerceptiLabs – A GUI and Visual API for TensorFlow - Oct 27, 2020.
Recently released PerceptiLabs 0.11, is quickly becoming the GUI and visual API for TensorFlow. PerceptiLabs is built around a sophisticated visual ML modeling editor in which you drag and drop components and connect them together to form your model, automatically creating the underlying TensorFlow code. Try it now.
- 4 ways to improve your TensorFlow model – key regularization techniques you need to know - Aug 27, 2020.
Regularization techniques are crucial for preventing your models from overfitting and enables them perform better on your validation and test sets. This guide provides a thorough overview with code of four key approaches you can use for regularization in TensorFlow.
- Must-read NLP and Deep Learning articles for Data Scientists - Aug 21, 2020.
NLP and deep learning continue to advance, nearly on a daily basis. Check out these recent must-read guides, feature articles, and other resources to keep you on top of the latest advancements and ahead of the curve.
- Top Google AI, Machine Learning Tools for Everyone - Aug 18, 2020.
Google is much more than a search company. Learn about all the tools they are developing to help turn your ideas into reality through Google AI.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n28, Jul 22: Data Science MOOCs are too Superficial; The Bitter Lesson of Machine Learning - Jul 22, 2020.
Data Science MOOCs are too Superficial; The Bitter Lesson of Machine Learning; Building a REST API with Tensorflow Serving (Part 1); 3 Advanced Python Features You Should Know; Understanding How Neural Networks Think;
- Building a REST API with Tensorflow Serving (Part 2) - Jul 21, 2020.
This post is the second part of the tutorial of Tensorflow Serving in order to productionize Tensorflow objects and build a REST API to make calls to them.
- Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN): Deep Learning for Sequential Data - Jul 20, 2020.
Recurrent Neural Networks can be used for a number of ways such as detecting the next word/letter, forecasting financial asset prices in a temporal space, action modeling in sports, music composition, image generation, and more.
- Building a REST API with Tensorflow Serving (Part 1) - Jul 15, 2020.
Part one of a tutorial to teach you how to build a REST API around functions or saved models created in Tensorflow. With Tensorflow Serving and Docker, defining endpoint URLs and sending HTTP requests is simple.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n26, Jul 8: Speed up Your Numpy and Pandas; A Layman’s Guide to Data Science; Getting Started with TensorFlow 2 - Jul 8, 2020.
Speed up your Numpy and Pandas with NumExpr Package; A Layman's Guide to Data Science. Part 3: Data Science Workflow; Getting Started with TensorFlow 2; Feature Engineering in SQL and Python: A Hybrid Approach; Deploy Machine Learning Pipeline on AWS Fargate
- Generating cooking recipes using TensorFlow and LSTM Recurrent Neural Network: A step-by-step guide - Jul 3, 2020.
A character-level LSTM (Long short-term memory) RNN (Recurrent Neural Network) is trained on ~100k recipes dataset using TensorFlow. The model suggested the recipes "Cream Soda with Onions", "Puff Pastry Strawberry Soup", "Zucchini flavor Tea", and "Salmon Mousse of Beef and Stilton Salad with Jalapenos". Yum!? Follow along this detailed guide with code to create your own recipe-generating chef.
- Getting Started with TensorFlow 2 - Jul 2, 2020.
Learn about the latest version of TensorFlow with this hands-on walk-through of implementing a classification problem with deep learning, how to plot it, and how to improve its results.
- A TensorFlow Modeling Pipeline Using TensorFlow Datasets and TensorBoard - Jun 23, 2020.
This article investigates TensorFlow components for building a toolset to make modeling evaluation more efficient. Specifically, TensorFlow Datasets (TFDS) and TensorBoard (TB) can be quite helpful in this task.
- 6 Easy Steps to Implement a Computer Vision Application Using Tensorflow.js - Jun 18, 2020.
In this article, we are going to see how we can implement computer vision applications using tensorflow.js models.
- LinkedIn Open Sources a Small Component to Simplify the TensorFlow-Spark Interoperability - May 25, 2020.
Spark-TFRecord enables the processing of TensorFlow’s TFRecord structures in Apache Spark.
- TensorFlow Dev Summit 2020: Top 10 Tricks for TensorFlow and Google Colab Users - Apr 8, 2020.
In this piece, we’ll highlight some of the tips and tricks mentioned during this year’s TF summit. Specifically, these tips will help you in getting the best out of Google’s Colab.
- Build an app to generate photorealistic faces using TensorFlow and Streamlit - Apr 7, 2020.
We’ll show you how to quickly build a Streamlit app to synthesize celebrity faces using GANs, Tensorflow, and st.cache.
- Exploring TensorFlow Quantum, Google’s New Framework for Creating Quantum Machine Learning Models - Mar 23, 2020.
TensorFlow Quantum allow data scientists to build machine learning models that work on quantum architectures.
- Google Open Sources TFCO to Help Build Fair Machine Learning Models - Mar 12, 2020.
A new optimization framework helps to incorporate fairness constraints in machine learning models.
- Tokenization and Text Data Preparation with TensorFlow & Keras - Mar 6, 2020.
This article will look at tokenizing and further preparing text data for feeding into a neural network using TensorFlow and Keras preprocessing tools.
- TensorFlow 2.0 Tutorial: Optimizing Training Time Performance - Mar 5, 2020.
Tricks to improve TensorFlow training time with tf.data pipeline optimizations, mixed precision training and multi-GPU strategies.
- Francois Chollet on the Future of Keras and Reinforce Conference - Feb 25, 2020.
Ahead of Reinforce Conference in Budapest, we asked Francois Chollet, the creator of Keras, about Keras future, proposed developments, PyTorch, energy efficiency, and more. Listen to him in person in Budapest, April 6-7, and use code KDNuggets to save 15% on conference tickets.
- Easy Image Dataset Augmentation with TensorFlow - Feb 13, 2020.
What can we do when we don't have a substantial amount of varied training data? This is a quick intro to using data augmentation in TensorFlow to perform in-memory image transformations during model training to help overcome this data impediment.
- Intent Recognition with BERT using Keras and TensorFlow 2 - Feb 10, 2020.
TL;DR Learn how to fine-tune the BERT model for text classification. Train and evaluate it on a small dataset for detecting seven intents. The results might surprise you!
- Xavier Amatriain’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence 2019 Year-end Roundup - Dec 16, 2019.
It is an annual tradition for Xavier Amatriain to write a year-end retrospective of advances in AI/ML, and this year is no different. Gain an understanding of the important developments of the past year, as well as insights into what expect in 2020.
- Transfer Learning Made Easy: Coding a Powerful Technique - Nov 13, 2019.
While the revolution of deep learning now impacts our daily lives, these networks are expensive. Approaches in transfer learning promise to ease this burden by enabling the re-use of trained models -- and this hands-on tutorial will walk you through a transfer learning technique you can run on your laptop.
- The 4 Quadrants of Data Science Skills and 7 Principles for Creating a Viral Data Visualization - Oct 7, 2019.
As a data scientist, your most important skill is creating meaningful visualizations to disseminate knowledge and impact your organization or client. These seven principals will guide you toward developing charts with clarity, as exemplified with data from a recent KDnuggets poll.
- Which Data Science Skills are core and which are hot/emerging ones? - Sep 17, 2019.
We identify two main groups of Data Science skills: A: 13 core, stable skills that most respondents have and B: a group of hot, emerging skills that most do not have (yet) but want to add. See our detailed analysis.
- TensorFlow Optimization Showdown: ActiveState vs. Anaconda - Sep 5, 2019.
In this TensorFlow tutorial, you’ll learn the impact of optimizing both operators and entire graphs, how to efficiently organize data in training and testing datasets to minimize data shuffling, and how to identify a well-optimized model using Anaconda and ActivePython.
- TensorFlow vs PyTorch vs Keras for NLP - Sep 3, 2019.
These three deep learning frameworks are your go-to tools for NLP, so which is the best? Check out this comparative analysis based on the needs of NLP, and find out where things are headed in the future.
- Get KDnuggets Pass to Strata Data or TensorFlow World - Aug 30, 2019.
As a media partner for O'Reilly, KDnuggets is pleased to offer to our readers a chance to win a 2-day Bronze Conference pass to either Strata Data NYC or TensorFlow in Santa Clara. Enter by Sep 8, 2019.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n32, Aug 28: Handy SQL Features for Data Scientists; Nothing but NumPy: Creating Neural Networks with Computational Graphs - Aug 28, 2019.
Most useful SQL features for Data Scientist; Excellent tutorial on creating neural nets from scratch with Numpy; TensorFlow 2.0 highlights, explained; How to sell your boss on Data Analytics; and more.
- TensorFlow 2.0: Dynamic, Readable, and Highly Extended - Aug 27, 2019.
With substantial changes coming with TensorFlow 2.0, and the release candidate version now available, learn more in this guide about the major updates and how to get started on the machine learning platform.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n28, Jul 31: Top 13 Skills To Become a Rockstar Data Scientist; Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science - Jul 31, 2019.
Learn the essential skills needed to become a Data Science rockstar; Understand CNNs with Python + Tensorflow + Keras tutorial; Discover the best podcasts about AI, Analytics, Data Science; and find out where you can get the best Certificates in the field
- Understanding Tensor Processing Units - Jul 30, 2019.
The Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) is Google's custom tool to accelerate machine learning workloads using the TensorFlow framework. Learn more about what TPUs do and how they can work for you.
- Convolutional Neural Networks: A Python Tutorial Using TensorFlow and Keras - Jul 26, 2019.
Different neural network architectures excel in different tasks. This particular article focuses on crafting convolutional neural networks in Python using TensorFlow and Keras.
- Online Workshop: How to set up Kubernetes for all your machine learning workflows - Jul 17, 2019.
Join this free live online workshop, Jul 31 @12 PM ET, to learn how to set up your Kubernetes cluster, so you can run Spark, TensorFlow, and any ML framework instantly, touching on the entire machine learning pipeline from model training to model deployment.
- Training a Neural Network to Write Like Lovecraft - Jul 11, 2019.
In this post, the author attempts to train a neural network to generate Lovecraft-esque prose, known to be awkward and irregular at best. Did it end in success? If not, any suggestions on how it might have? Read on to find out.
- Build your own AutoML computer vision pipeline, July 16 webinar - Jul 2, 2019.
This webinar will present a step-by-step use case so you can build your own AutoML computer vision pipelines, and will go through the essentials for research, deployment and training using Keras, PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n23, Jun 19: Useful Stats for Data Scientists; Python, TensorFlow & R Winners in Latest Job Report - Jun 19, 2019.
This week on KDnuggets: 5 Useful Statistics Data Scientists Need to Know; Data Science Jobs Report 2019: Python Way Up, TensorFlow Growing Rapidly, R Use Double SAS; How to Learn Python for Data Science the Right Way; The Machine Learning Puzzle, Explained; Scalable Python Code with Pandas UDFs; and much more!
- Data Science Jobs Report 2019: Python Way Up, TensorFlow Growing Rapidly, R Use Double SAS - Jun 17, 2019.
Data science jobs continue to grow in 2019, and this report shares the change and spread of jobs by software over recent years.
- How to Automate Hyperparameter Optimization - Jun 12, 2019.
A step-by-step guide into performing a hyperparameter optimization task on a deep learning model by employing Bayesian Optimization that uses the Gaussian Process. We used the gp_minimize package provided by the Scikit-Optimize (skopt) library to perform this task.
- What you need to know: The Modern Open-Source Data Science/Machine Learning Ecosystem - Jun 10, 2019.
We identify the 6 tools in the modern open-source Data Science ecosystem, examine the Python vs R question, and determine which tools are used the most with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- Using the ‘What-If Tool’ to investigate Machine Learning models - Jun 6, 2019.
The machine learning practitioner must be a detective, and this tool from teams at Google enables you to investigate and understand your models.
- Python leads the 11 top Data Science, Machine Learning platforms: Trends and Analysis - May 30, 2019.
Python continues to lead the top Data Science platforms, but R and RapidMiner hold their share; Almost 50% have used Deep Learning tools; SQL is steady; Consolidation continues.
Pages: 1 2
- How to use continual learning in your ML models, June 19 Webinar - May 29, 2019.
This webinar for professional data scientists will go over how to monitor models when in production, and how to set up automatically adaptive machine learning.
- How to Automate Tasks on GitHub With Machine Learning for Fun and Profit - May 3, 2019.
Check this tutorial on how to build a GitHub App that predicts and applies issue labels using Tensorflow and public datasets.
- Which Deep Learning Framework is Growing Fastest? - May 1, 2019.
In September 2018, I compared all the major deep learning frameworks in terms of demand, usage, and popularity. TensorFlow was the champion of deep learning frameworks and PyTorch was the youngest framework. How has the landscape changed?
- Another 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 5, 2019.
Check out another follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some spring study ideas.
- How to Train a Keras Model 20x Faster with a TPU for Free - Mar 19, 2019.
This post shows how to train an LSTM Model using Keras and Google CoLaboratory with TPUs to exponentially reduce training time compared to a GPU on your local machine.
- Comparing MobileNet Models in TensorFlow - Mar 1, 2019.
MobileNets are a family of mobile-first computer vision models for TensorFlow, designed to effectively maximize accuracy while being mindful of the restricted resources for an on-device or embedded application.
- TensorFlow.js: Machine learning for the web and beyond - Feb 28, 2019.
- State of the art in AI and Machine Learning – highlights of papers with code - Feb 20, 2019.
We introduce papers with code, the free and open resource of state-of-the-art Machine Learning papers, code and evaluation tables.
- Deep Multi-Task Learning – 3 Lessons Learned - Feb 15, 2019.
We share specific points to consider when implementing multi-task learning in a Neural Network (NN) and present TensorFlow solutions to these issues.
- Top Python Libraries in 2018 in Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning - Dec 19, 2018.
Here are the top 15 Python libraries across Data Science, Data Visualization. Deep Learning, and Machine Learning.
- State of Deep Learning and Major Advances: H2 2018 Review - Dec 13, 2018.
In this post we summarise some of the key developments in deep learning in the second half of 2018, before briefly discussing the road ahead for the deep learning community.
- Variational Autoencoders Explained in Detail - Nov 30, 2018.
We explain how to implement VAE - including simple to understand tensorflow code using MNIST and a cool trick of how you can generate an image of a digit conditioned on the digit.
- Top 13 Python Deep Learning Libraries - Nov 2, 2018.
Part 2 of a new series investigating the top Python Libraries across Machine Learning, AI, Deep Learning and Data Science.
- Stop Installing Tensorflow Using pip for Performance Sake! - Oct 30, 2018.
If you aren’t already using conda, I recommend that you start as it makes managing your data science tools much more enjoyable.
- Deep Learning Framework Power Scores 2018 - Sep 24, 2018.
Who’s on top in usage, interest, and popularity?
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, August 2018: Everybody Dance Now; Stanford class Machine Learning cheat sheets; Academic Torrents for sharing enormous datasets - Sep 15, 2018.
A range of interesting posts from the /r/MachineLearning Reddit group for the month of August, including: Everybody Dance Now; Stanford class Machine Learning cheat sheets; Academic Torrents; Getting Alexa to respond to sign language using TensorFlow; PyCharm IDE.
- Ultimate Guide to Getting Started with TensorFlow - Sep 6, 2018.
Including video and written tutorials, beginner code examples, useful tricks, helpful communities, books, jobs and more - this is the ultimate guide to getting started with TensorFlow.
- 9 Things You Should Know About TensorFlow - Aug 22, 2018.
A summary of the key points from the Google Cloud Next in San Francisco, "What’s New with TensorFlow?", including neural networks, TensorFlow Lite, data pipelines and more.
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow - Aug 16, 2018.
In this on-demand webinar, you’ll get a general introduction to working with Tensorflow and its surrounding ecosystem, general problem classes, where you can get big acceleration, and why you should be running on a CPU.
- Setting up your AI Dev Environment in 5 Minutes - Aug 13, 2018.
Whether you're a novice data science enthusiast setting up TensorFlow for the first time, or a seasoned AI engineer working with terabytes of data, getting your libraries, packages, and frameworks installed is always a struggle. Learn how datmo, an open source python package, helps you get started in minutes.
- Autoregressive Models in TensorFlow - Aug 6, 2018.
This article investigates autoregressive models in TensorFlow, including autoregressive time series and predictions with the actual observations.
- Ready your Skills for a Cloud-First World with Google - Jul 20, 2018.
The Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform Specialization on Coursera will help you jumpstart your career, includes hands-on labs, and takes you from a strategic overview to practical skills in building real-world, accurate ML models.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 11-17: Foundations of Machine Learning – A Bloomberg course; The 5 Clustering Algorithms Data Scientists Need to Know - Jul 18, 2018.
Also: Bayesian Machine Learning, Explained; Is Google Tensorflow Object Detection API the Easiest Way to Implement Image Recognition?; Data Science of Variable Selection: A Review; 7 Steps to Understanding Deep Learning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 4-10: Fantastic notes on the freely available @fastdotai machine learning course - Jul 11, 2018.
Also: Analyze a Soccer (Football) Game Using #Tensorflow Object Detection; 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning; Timsort - the fastest #sorting #algorithm you've never heard of.
- Analyze a Soccer (Football) Game Using Tensorflow Object Detection and OpenCV - Jul 10, 2018.
For the data scientist within you let's use this opportunity to do some analysis on soccer clips. With the use of deep learning and opencv we can extract interesting insights from video clips
- Inside the Mind of a Neural Network with Interactive Code in Tensorflow - Jun 29, 2018.
Understand the inner workings of neural network models as this post covers three related topics: histogram of weights, visualizing the activation of neurons, and interior / integral gradients.
Pages: 1 2
- [ebook] Apache Spark™ Under the Hood - Jun 27, 2018.
Learn how to install and run Spark yourself; A summary of Spark core architecture and concepts; Spark powerful language APIs and how you can use them.
- Top 20 Python Libraries for Data Science in 2018 - Jun 27, 2018.
Our selection actually contains more than 20 libraries, as some of them are alternatives to each other and solve the same problem. Therefore we have grouped them as it's difficult to distinguish one particular leader at the moment.
Pages: 1 2
- The 6 components of Open-Source Data Science/ Machine Learning Ecosystem; Did Python declare victory over R? - Jun 6, 2018.
We find 6 tools form the modern open source Data Science / Machine Learning ecosystem; examine whether Python declared victory over R; and review which tools are most associated with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- Deep Learning With Apache Spark: Part 2 - May 23, 2018.
In this article I’ll continue the discussion on Deep Learning with Apache Spark. I will focus entirely on the DL pipelines library and how to use it from scratch.
Pages: 1 2
- Python eats away at R: Top Software for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2018: Trends and Analysis - May 22, 2018.
Python continues to eat away at R, RapidMiner gains, SQL is steady, Tensorflow advances pulling along Keras, Hadoop drops, Data Science platforms consolidate, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Top Stories, May 14-20: Data Science vs Machine Learning vs Data Analytics vs Business Analytics; Implement a YOLO Object Detector from Scratch in PyTorch - May 21, 2018.
Also: An Introduction to Deep Learning for Tabular Data; 9 Must-have skills you need to become a Data Scientist, updated; GANs in TensorFlow from the Command Line: Creating Your First GitHub Project; Complete Guide to Build ConvNet HTTP-Based Application
- GANs in TensorFlow from the Command Line: Creating Your First GitHub Project - May 16, 2018.
In this article I will present the steps to create your first GitHub Project. I will use as an example Generative Adversarial Networks.
- Complete Guide to Build ConvNet HTTP-Based Application using TensorFlow and Flask RESTful Python API - May 15, 2018.
In this tutorial, a CNN is to be built, and trained and tested against the CIFAR10 dataset. To make the model remotely accessible, a Flask Web application is created using Python to receive an uploaded image and return its classification label using HTTP.
Pages: 1 2
- How I Used CNNs and Tensorflow and Lost a Silver Medal in Kaggle Challenge - May 8, 2018.
I joined the competition a month before it ended, eager to explore how to use Deep Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques for this problem. Then came the deception. And I will tell you how I lost my silver medal in that competition.
- Ultra-compact workstation for top deep learning frameworks - Apr 27, 2018.
For workstation development platforms purpose-built for Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe2, MXNet, and other DL frameworks, the solution is BOXX. We're bringing deep learning to your deskside with the all-new APEXX W3!
- Top 16 Open Source Deep Learning Libraries and Platforms - Apr 24, 2018.
We bring to you the top 16 open source deep learning libraries and platforms. TensorFlow is out in front as the undisputed number one, with Keras and Caffe completing the top three.
- Are High Level APIs Dumbing Down Machine Learning? - Apr 16, 2018.
Libraries like Keras simplify the construction of neural networks, but are they impeding on practitioners full understanding? Or are they simply useful (and inevitable) abstractions?
- Top 20 Deep Learning Papers, 2018 Edition - Apr 3, 2018.
Deep Learning is constantly evolving at a fast pace. New techniques, tools and implementations are changing the field of Machine Learning and bringing excellent results.
- A “Weird” Introduction to Deep Learning - Mar 30, 2018.
There are amazing introductions, courses and blog posts on Deep Learning. But this is a different kind of introduction.
Pages: 1 2
- Using Tensorflow Object Detection to do Pixel Wise Classification - Mar 29, 2018.
Tensorflow recently added new functionality and now we can extend the API to determine pixel by pixel location of objects of interest. So when would we need this extra granularity?
- Comparing Deep Learning Frameworks: A Rosetta Stone Approach - Mar 26, 2018.
A Rosetta Stone of deep-learning frameworks has been created to allow data-scientists to easily leverage their expertise from one framework to another.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n10, Mar 7: Functional Programming in Python; Surviving Your Data Science Interview; Easy Image Recognition with Google Tensorflow - Mar 7, 2018.
- Is Google Tensorflow Object Detection API the Easiest Way to Implement Image Recognition? - Mar 1, 2018.
There are many different ways to do image recognition. Google recently released a new Tensorflow Object Detection API to give computer vision everywhere a boost.
- Top 20 Python AI and Machine Learning Open Source Projects - Feb 20, 2018.
We update the top AI and Machine Learning projects in Python. Tensorflow has moved to the first place with triple-digit growth in contributors. Scikit-learn dropped to 2nd place, but still has a very large base of contributors.
- Deep Learning Development with Google Colab, TensorFlow, Keras & PyTorch - Feb 20, 2018.
Now you can develop deep learning applications with Google Colaboratory - on the free Tesla K80 GPU - using Keras, Tensorflow and PyTorch.
Pages: 1 2
- Building a Toy Detector with Tensorflow Object Detection API - Feb 13, 2018.
This project is second phase of my popular project - Is Google Tensorflow Object Detection API the easiest way to implement image recognition? Here I extend the API to train on a new object that is not part of the COCO dataset.
- 3 Essential Google Colaboratory Tips & Tricks - Feb 12, 2018.
Google Colaboratory is a promising machine learning research platform. Here are 3 tips to simplify its usage and facilitate using a GPU, installing libraries, and uploading data files.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n04, Jan 24: TensorFlow vs XGBoost; Machine Learning Pipelines in Python; Semi-Supervised Machine Learning - Jan 24, 2018.
Gradient Boosting in TensorFlow vs XGBoost; Managing Machine Learning Workflows with Scikit-learn Pipelines Part 2; Using Genetic Algorithm for Optimizing Recurrent Neural Networks; The Value of Semi-Supervised Machine Learning; Comparing Machine Learning as a Service: Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud AI
- Gradient Boosting in TensorFlow vs XGBoost - Jan 18, 2018.
For many Kaggle-style data mining problems, XGBoost has been the go-to solution since its release in 2016. It's probably as close to an out-of-the-box machine learning algorithm as you can get today.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 10-16: The Art of Learning #DataScience; Gradient Boosting in #TensorFlow vs XGBoost - Jan 17, 2018.
Also Japanese scientists just used #AI #DeepLearning to read minds and it's amazing; Using #DeepLearning to Solve Real World Problems.
- A Day in the Life of an AI Developer - Jan 16, 2018.
This is the narrative of a typical AI Sunday, where I decided to look at building a sequence to sequence (seq2seq) model based chatbot using some already available sample code and data from the Cornell movie database.
- Custom Optimizer in TensorFlow - Jan 8, 2018.
How to customize the optimizers to speed-up and improve the process of finding a (local) minimum of the loss function using TensorFlow.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 27 – Jan 02: 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience - Jan 3, 2018.
Also #TensorFlow: A proposal of good practices for files, folders and models; Creating REST API for #TensorFlow models; The Most Popular Language For #MachineLearning and #DataScience Is ...
- Deep Learning Made Easy with Deep Cognition - Dec 21, 2017.
So normally we do Deep Learning programming, and learning new APIs, some harder than others, some are really easy an expressive like Keras, but how about a visual API to create and deploy Deep Learning solutions with the click of a button? This is the promise of Deep Cognition.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 13-19: The Art of Learning Data Science; Data Science, ML Main Developments, Key Trends - Dec 20, 2017.
The Art of Learning #DataScience; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in #Python; #TensorFlow for Short-Term Stocks Prediction; 15 Mathematics MOOCs for #DataScience.
- Getting Started with TensorFlow: A Machine Learning Tutorial - Dec 19, 2017.
A complete and rigorous introduction to Tensorflow. Code along with this tutorial to get started with hands-on examples.
Pages: 1 2
- TensorFlow for Short-Term Stocks Prediction - Dec 12, 2017.
In this post you will see an application of Convolutional Neural Networks to stock market prediction, using a combination of stock prices with sentiment analysis.
- Exploring Recurrent Neural Networks - Dec 1, 2017.
We explore recurrent neural networks, starting with the basics, using a motivating weather modeling problem, and implement and train an RNN in TensorFlow.
- InfoGAN - Generative Adversarial Networks Part III - Nov 30, 2017.
In this third part of this series of posts the contributions of InfoGAN will be explored, which apply concepts from Information Theory to transform some of the noise terms into latent codes that have systematic, predictable effects on the outcome.
- Understanding Deep Convolutional Neural Networks with a practical use-case in Tensorflow and Keras - Nov 29, 2017.
We show how to build a deep neural network that classifies images to many categories with an accuracy of a 90%. This was a very hard problem before the rise of deep networks and especially Convolutional Neural Networks.
Pages: 1 2
- How To Unit Test Machine Learning Code - Nov 28, 2017.
One of the main principles I learned during my time at Google Brain was that unit tests can make or break your algorithm and can save you weeks of debugging and training time.