- 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out - Sep 9, 2020.
If you are just starting down a path toward a career in Data Science, or you are already a seasoned practitioner, then keeping active to advance your experience through side projects is invaluable to take you to the next professional level. These eight interesting project ideas with source code and reference articles will jump start you to thinking outside of the box.
- Exploring GPT-3: A New Breakthrough in Language Generation - Aug 10, 2020.
GPT-3 is the largest natural language processing (NLP) transformer released to date, eclipsing the previous record, Microsoft Research’s Turing-NLG at 17B parameters, by about 10 times. This has resulted in an explosion of demos: some good, some bad, all interesting.
- PyTorch LSTM: Text Generation Tutorial - Jul 13, 2020.
Key element of LSTM is the ability to work with sequences and its gating mechanism.
- Generating cooking recipes using TensorFlow and LSTM Recurrent Neural Network: A step-by-step guide - Jul 3, 2020.
A character-level LSTM (Long short-term memory) RNN (Recurrent Neural Network) is trained on ~100k recipes dataset using TensorFlow. The model suggested the recipes "Cream Soda with Onions", "Puff Pastry Strawberry Soup", "Zucchini flavor Tea", and "Salmon Mousse of Beef and Stilton Salad with Jalapenos". Yum!? Follow along this detailed guide with code to create your own recipe-generating chef.
- Tools to Spot Deepfakes and AI-Generated Text - Jun 23, 2020.
The technologies that generate deepfake content is at the forefront of manipulating humans. While the research developing these algorithms is fascinating and will lead to powerful tools that enhance the way people create and work, in the wrong hands, these same tools drive misinformation at a scale we can't yet imagine. Stopping these bad actors using awesome tools is in your hands.
- 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms You Need to Know in 2020 (Part 2) - Mar 2, 2020.
We explain important AI, ML, Data Science terms you should know in 2020, including Double Descent, Ethics in AI, Explainability (Explainable AI), Full Stack Data Science, Geospatial, GPT-2, NLG (Natural Language Generation), PyTorch, Reinforcement Learning, and Transformer Architecture.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Language Generation - Jan 7, 2020.
Follow this overview of Natural Language Generation covering its applications in theory and practice. The evolution of NLG architecture is also described from simple gap-filling to dynamic document creation along with a summary of the most popular NLG models.
- Deploying a pretrained GPT-2 model on AWS - Dec 12, 2019.
This post attempts to summarize my recent detour into NLP, describing how I exposed a Huggingface pre-trained Language Model (LM) on an AWS-based web application.
- Training a Neural Network to Write Like Lovecraft - Jul 11, 2019.
In this post, the author attempts to train a neural network to generate Lovecraft-esque prose, known to be awkward and irregular at best. Did it end in success? If not, any suggestions on how it might have? Read on to find out.
- What Does GPT-2 Think About the AI Arms Race? - Apr 1, 2019.
It may be April first, but that doesn't mean you will necessarily be fooled by GPT-2's views on the AI arms race. Why not have a read for fun and to see what the language generation model is capable of.
- Natural Language Generation overview – is NLG is worth a thousand pictures ? - May 23, 2017.
NLG tools automate the analysis and enhance traditional BI platforms by explaining in plain English the significance of visualizations and findings – here is an overview of the market.
- Putting Alexa to Work: Moving Conversational UI from Hype to Reality - Apr 19, 2017.
The rise of conversational UI signals exciting progress for the BI world but there are pitfalls to be avoided. This blog presents 3 considerations for guiding your conversational UI implementation to ensure success and maximize the value of your data analytics.