- What just happened in the world of AI? - Dec 12, 2019.
The speed at which AI made advancements and news during 2019 makes it imperative now to step back and place these events into order and perspective. It's important to separate the interest that any one advancement initially attracts, from its actual gravity and its consequential influence on the field. This review unfolds the parallel threads of these AI stories over this year and isolates their significance.
- Deploying a pretrained GPT-2 model on AWS - Dec 12, 2019.
This post attempts to summarize my recent detour into NLP, describing how I exposed a Huggingface pre-trained Language Model (LM) on an AWS-based web application.
- Examining the Transformer Architecture: The OpenAI GPT-2 Controversy - Jun 20, 2019.
GPT-2 is a generative model, created by OpenAI, trained on 40GB of Internet to predict the next word. And OpenAI found this model to be SO good that they did not release the fully trained model due to their concerns about malicious applications of the technology.
- What Does GPT-2 Think About the AI Arms Race? - Apr 1, 2019.
It may be April first, but that doesn't mean you will necessarily be fooled by GPT-2's views on the AI arms race. Why not have a read for fun and to see what the language generation model is capable of.
- OpenAI’s GPT-2: the model, the hype, and the controversy - Mar 4, 2019.
OpenAI recently released a very large language model called GPT-2. Controversially, they decided not to release the data or the parameters of their biggest model, citing concerns about potential abuse. Read this researcher's take on the issue.