- KDnuggets™ News 20:n30, Aug 5: What Employers are Expecting of Data Scientist Role; I have a joke about… - Aug 5, 2020.
Know What Employers are Expecting for a Data Scientist Role in 2020; I have a joke about …; First Steps of a Data Science Project; Why You Should Get Google's New Machine Learning Certificate; Awesome Machine Learning and AI Courses
- Awesome Machine Learning and AI Courses - Jul 30, 2020.
Check out this list of awesome, free machine learning and artificial intelligence courses with video lectures.
- The Bitter Lesson of Machine Learning - Jul 15, 2020.
Since that renowned conference at Dartmouth College in 1956, AI research has experienced many crests and troughs of progress through the years. From the many lessons learned during this time, some have needed to be re-learned -- repeatedly -- and the most important of which has also been the most difficult to accept by many researchers.
- 5 Innovative AI Software Companies You Should Know - Jul 8, 2020.
While machine learning is impacting organizations around the world, some are driving forward the real-world applications of innovative AI. Check out these interesting companies to watch for exciting new progress this year.
- Scope and Impact of AI in Agriculture - Jul 6, 2020.
The major advantage of focusing on AI-based methods is that they tackle each of the challenges faced by farmers from seed sowing to harvesting of crops separately and rather than generalising, provide customised solutions to a specific problem.
- Tools to Spot Deepfakes and AI-Generated Text - Jun 23, 2020.
The technologies that generate deepfake content is at the forefront of manipulating humans. While the research developing these algorithms is fascinating and will lead to powerful tools that enhance the way people create and work, in the wrong hands, these same tools drive misinformation at a scale we can't yet imagine. Stopping these bad actors using awesome tools is in your hands.
- Bias in AI: A Primer - Jun 23, 2020.
Those interested in studying AI bias, but who lack a starting point, would do well to check out this introductory set of slides and the accompanying talk on the subject from Google researcher Margaret Mitchell.
- What is emotion AI and why should you care? - Jun 19, 2020.
What is emotion AI, why is it relevant, and what do you need to know about it?
- How to make AI/Machine Learning models resilient during COVID-19 crisis - Jun 11, 2020.
COVID-19-driven concept shift has created concern over the usage of AI/ML to continue to drive business value following cases of inaccurate outputs and misleading results from a variety of fields. Data Science teams must invest effort in post-model tracking and management as well as deploy an agility in the AI/ML process to curb problems related to concept shift.
- GPT-3, a giant step for Deep Learning and NLP? - Jun 9, 2020.
Recently, OpenAI announced a new successor to their language model, GPT-3, that is now the largest model trained so far with 175 billion parameters. Training a language model this large has its merits and limitations, so this article covers some of its most interesting and important aspects.
- Why Do AI Systems Need Human Intervention to Work Well? - Jun 5, 2020.
All is not well with artificial intelligence-based systems during the coronavirus pandemic. No, the virus does not impact AI – however, it does impact humans, without whom AI and ML systems cannot function properly. Surprised?
- Upcoming Webinars and Online Events in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning: June - Jun 4, 2020.
Here are some interesting upcoming webinar, online events and virtual conferences in in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning.
- 5 Essential Papers on AI Training Data - Jun 4, 2020.
Data pre-processing is not only the largest time sink for most Data Scientists, but it is also the most crucial aspect of the work. Learn more about training data and data processing tasks from 5 leading academic papers.
- Privacy-preserving AI – Why do we need it? - May 29, 2020.
Various data privacy threats can result from the usual process of building and constructing data and AI-based systems. Avoiding these challenges can be supported by utilizing state-of-the-art technologies in the domain of privacy-preserving AI.
- Are Tera Operations Per Second (TOPS) Just hype? Or Dark AI Silicon in Disguise? - May 27, 2020.
This article explains why TOPS isn’t as accurate a gauge as many people think, and discusses other criteria that should be considered when evaluating a solution to a real application.
- Deepmind’s Gaming Streak: The Rise of AI Dominance - May 27, 2020.
There is still a long way to go before machine agents match overall human gaming prowess, but Deepmind’s gaming research focus has shown a clear progression of substantial progress.
- Machine Fairness: How to assess AI system’s fairness and mitigate any observed unfairness issues - May 26, 2020.
Microsoft is bringing the latest research in responsible AI to Azure (both Azure Machine Learning and their open source toolkits), to empower data scientists and developers to understand machine learning models, protect people and their data, and control the end-to-end machine learning process.
- 13 must-read papers from AI experts - May 20, 2020.
What research articles do top AI experts in the field recommend? Find out which ones and why, then be sure to add each to your reading to do list.
- AI Channels to Follow - May 15, 2020.
AI is certainly playing an important role in our global fight against the novel coronavirus. These YouTube channels are recommended to keep you covered with the latest advancements in the field and how it is impacting our world.
- AI and Machine Learning for Healthcare - May 14, 2020.
Traditional business and technology sectors are not the only fields being impacted by AI. Healthcare is a field that is thought to be highly suitable for the applications of AI tools and techniques.
- DeepMind’s Suggestions for Learning #AtHomeWithAI - May 13, 2020.
DeepMind has been sharing resources for learning AI at home on their Twitter account. Check out a few of these suggestions here, and keep your eye on the #AtHomeWithAI hashtag for more.
- Demystifying the AI Infrastructure Stack - May 1, 2020.
AI tools and services are expanding at a rapid clip, and keeping a handle on this evolving ecosystem is crucial for the success of your AI projects. This framework will help you build your technical stack to deploy AI projects faster and at scale.
- Introducing Brain Simulator II: A New Platform for AGI Experimentation - Apr 29, 2020.
A growing consensus of researchers contend that new algorithms are needed to transform narrow AI to AGI. Brain Simulator II is free software for new algorithm development targeted at AGI that you can experiment with and participate in its development.
- How AI Can Help Manage Infectious Diseases - Apr 28, 2020.
With the capability to analyze huge amounts of data, including medical information, human behavior patterns, and environmental conditions, big data tools can be invaluable in dealing with deadly outbreaks.
- 3 Reasons Why We Are Far From Achieving Artificial General Intelligence - Apr 23, 2020.
How far we are from achieving Artificial General Intelligence? We answer this through the study of three limitations of current machine learning.
- Fighting Coronavirus With AI: Improving Testing with Deep Learning and Computer Vision - Apr 22, 2020.
This post will cover how testing is done for the coronavirus, why it's important in battling the pandemic, and how deep learning tools for medical imaging can help us improve the quality of COVID-19 testing.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n16, Apr 22: Scaling Pandas with Dask for Big Data; Dive Into Deep Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 22, 2020.
4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19; State of the Machine Learning and AI Industry; A Key Missing Part of the Machine Learning Stack; 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read
- 4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19 - Apr 17, 2020.
Many AI models rely on historical data to make predictions on future behavior. So, what happens when consumer behavior across the planet makes a 180 degree flip? Companies are quickly seeing less value from some AI systems as training data is no longer relevant when user behaviors and preferences change so drastically. Those who are flexible can make it through this crisis in data, and these four techniques will help you stay in front of the competition.
- State of the Machine Learning and AI Industry - Apr 16, 2020.
Enterprises are struggling to launch machine learning models that encapsulate the optimization of business processes. These are now the essential components of data-driven applications and AI services that can improve legacy rule-based business processes, increase productivity, and deliver results. In the current state of the industry, many companies are turning to off-the-shelf platforms to increase expectations for success in applying machine learning.
- DeepMind Unveils Agent57, the First AI Agents that Outperforms Human Benchmarks in 57 Atari Games - Apr 13, 2020.
The new reinforcement learning agent innovates over previous architectures achieving one of the most important milestones in the AI space.
- Has AI Come Full Circle? A data science journey, or why I accepted a data science job - Apr 10, 2020.
Personal journeys in Data Science can vary greatly between individuals. Some are just getting starting and wading into this vast ocean of opportunity, and others have been involved during its decades-long evolution as a professional field. This review of a longer journey can provide a broader perspective of how you might fit into this interesting career.
- Successful Use Cases of Artificial Intelligence for Businesses - Apr 10, 2020.
AI is contributing to the businesses in a huge way. For specifics, check out these successful use cases of AI for business.
- 10 Must-read Machine Learning Articles (March 2020) - Apr 9, 2020.
This list will feature some of the recent work and discoveries happening in machine learning, as well as guides and resources for both beginner and intermediate data scientists.
- Cartoon: AI understanding of Coronavirus - Apr 1, 2020.
Here is a cartoon to distract you, showing a new level of understanding AI could reach.
- Want to Build an AI Model for Your Business? Read this - Mar 25, 2020.
The best approach for AI production is similar to what venture capitalists (VC’s) do when they evaluate and invest in startups.
- Top AI Resources – Directory for Remote Learning - Mar 24, 2020.
Whether you are just learning Data Science, a current professional, or just interested, it's crucial to keep the mind stimulated and stay current. With conferences, schools, and travel largely canceled because of #coronavirus, these remote resources will help you stay engaged.
- Unlocking the Potential of FAIR Data Using AI at Roche - Mar 9, 2020.
Learn from the head of the data science department in research and early development at Roche. Use the code KDNUGGETS for a 15% discount on your Predictive Analytics World ticket, 11-12 May in Munich.
- Resources for Women in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2020.
For the international women's day, we feature resources to help more women enter and succeed in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms You Need to Know in 2020 (Part 2) - Mar 2, 2020.
We explain important AI, ML, Data Science terms you should know in 2020, including Double Descent, Ethics in AI, Explainability (Explainable AI), Full Stack Data Science, Geospatial, GPT-2, NLG (Natural Language Generation), PyTorch, Reinforcement Learning, and Transformer Architecture.
- Prepare for a Long Battle against Deepfakes - Feb 21, 2020.
While deepfakes threaten to destroy our perception of reality, the tech giants are throwing down the gauntlet and working to enhance the state of the art in combating doctored videos and images.
- How Kubeflow Can Add AI to Your Kubernetes Deployments - Feb 21, 2020.
As Kubernetes is capable of working with other solutions, it is possible to integrate it with a collection of tools that can almost fully automate your development pipeline. Some of those third-party tools even allow you to integrate AI into Kubernetes. One such tool you can integrate with Kubernetes is Kubeflow. Read more about it here.
- Hand labeling is the past. The future is #NoLabel AI - Feb 19, 2020.
Data labeling is so hot right now… but could this rapidly emerging market face disruption from a small team at Stanford and the Snorkel open source project, which enables highly efficient programmatic labeling that is 10 to 1,000x as efficient as hand labeling?
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n07, Feb 19: 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms for 2020; Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job? - Feb 19, 2020.
This week on KDnuggets: 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms You Need to Know in 2020; Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job?; Fourier Transformation for a Data Scientist; Math for Programmers; Deep Neural Networks; Practical Hyperparameter Optimization; and much more!
- 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms You Need to Know in 2020 (Part 1) - Feb 18, 2020.
2020 is well underway, and we bring you 20 AI, data science, and machine learning terms we should all be familiar with as the year marches onward.
- Using AI to Identify Wildlife in Camera Trap Images from the Serengeti - Feb 17, 2020.
With recent developments in machine learning and computer vision, we acquired the tools to provide the biodiversity community with an ability to tap the potential of the knowledge generated automatically with systems triggered by a combination of heat and motion.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 05-11: #SciPy 1.0: fundamental algorithms for scientific computing in #Python; Why is Data Science so popular? - Feb 12, 2020.
Why is Data Science so Popular?; Visual Paper Summary: ALBERT (A Lite BERT); Uber Has Assembled One of the Most Impressive Open Source DL Stacks; Top #AI Influencers To Follow in 2020
- AI and Machine Learning In Our Every Day Life - Feb 7, 2020.
The curiosity and buzz around the most talked-about technology -- Artificial Intelligence -- have experts and technophiles busy decoding its exciting future applications. Of course, the use of AI and machine learning is already pervasive in our daily lives, as we review many of these popular features in this article.
- The Data Science Puzzle — 2020 Edition - Feb 7, 2020.
The data science puzzle is once again re-examined through the relationship between several key concepts of the landscape, incorporating updates and observations since last time. Check out the results here.
- The Future of Machine Learning Will Include a Lot Less Engineering - Feb 6, 2020.
Despite getting less attention, the systems-level design and engineering challenges in ML are still very important — creating something useful requires more than building good models, it requires building good systems.
- Intro to Machine Learning and AI based on high school knowledge - Feb 5, 2020.
Machine learning information is becoming pervasive in the media as well as a core skill in new, important job sectors. Getting started in the field can require learning complex concepts, and this article outlines an approach on how to begin learning about these exciting topics based on high school knowledge.
- Top 5 Data Science Trends for 2020 - Feb 4, 2020.
As Data Science continues to expand into the next decade, this article features five important trends in the field that are expected in 2020. Leverage these trends to help improve your business processes for maximizing growth.
- OpenAI is Adopting PyTorch… They Aren’t Alone - Jan 31, 2020.
OpenAI is moving to PyTorch for the bulk of their research work. This might be a high-profile adoption, but it is far from the only such example.
- A bird’s-eye view of modern AI from NeurIPS 2019 - Jan 28, 2020.
With the explosion of the field of AI/ML impacting so many applications and industries, there is great value coming out of recent progress. This review highlights many research areas covered at the NeurIPS 2019 conference recently held in Vancouver, Canada, and features many important areas of progress we expect to see in the coming year.
- NLP Year in Review — 2019 - Jan 23, 2020.
In this blog post, I want to highlight some of the most important stories related to machine learning and NLP that I came across in 2019.
- Top 5 AI trends for 2020 - Jan 21, 2020.
We are all witnessing a staggering growth of AI technology with so many new benefits for people while also changing the way we live and work. As AI continues to grow, which applications will have a significant impact in 2020?
- Artificial Intelligence Books to Read in 2020 - Jan 21, 2020.
Here are some AI-related books that I’ve read and recommend for you to add to your 2020 reading list!
- We Created a Lazy AI - Jan 20, 2020.
This article is an overview of how to design and implement reinforcement learning for the real world.
- Top 10 Technology Trends for 2020 - Jan 16, 2020.
With integrations of multiple emerging technologies just in the past year, AI development continues at a fast pace. Following the blueprint of science and technology advancements in 2019, we predict 10 trends we expect to see in 2020 and beyond.
- Disentangling disentanglement: Ideas from NeurIPS 2019 - Jan 15, 2020.
This year’s NEURIPS-2019 Vancouver conference recently concluded and featured a dozen papers on disentanglement in deep learning. What is this idea and why is it so interesting in machine learning? This summary of these papers will give you initial insight in disentanglement as well as ideas on what you can explore next.
- 7 AI Use Cases Transforming Live Sports Production and Distribution - Jan 14, 2020.
Here are 7 powerful AI led use cases both for linear television and for OTT apps that are transforming the live sports production landscape.
- Deepfakes Security Risks - Jan 10, 2020.
Deepfakes have instilled panic in experts since they first emerged in 2017. Microsoft and Facebook have recently announced a contest to identify deepfakes more efficiently.
- 5 Ways AI Is Changing The Healthcare Industry - Jan 7, 2020.
The healthcare AI market is expected to reach 28 billion dollars by the year 2025. With such exponential growth, AI is undoubtedly likely to bring some drastic changes in the healthcare industry. Let’s look at five ways of how AI has changed the healthcare industry.
- Cartoon: Teaching Ethics to AI - Jan 4, 2020.
Ethics in AI has received significant attention recently, and the new KDnuggets cartoon examines the problem of teaching ethics to artificially intelligent entities.
- Towards a Quantitative Measure of Intelligence: Breaking Down One of the Most Important AI Papers of 2019, Part II - Dec 31, 2019.
AI scientist Francois Chollet proposes a better framework for measuring the intelligence of AI systems.
- Towards a Quantitative Measure of Intelligence: Breaking Down One of the Most Important AI Papers of 2019, Part I - Dec 30, 2019.
AI scientist Francois Chollet proposes a better framework for measuring the intelligence of AI systems.
- Google’s New Explainable AI Service - Dec 20, 2019.
Google has started offering a new service for “explainable AI” or XAI, as it is fashionably called. Presently offered tools are modest, but the intent is in the right direction.
- Xavier Amatriain’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence 2019 Year-end Roundup - Dec 16, 2019.
It is an annual tradition for Xavier Amatriain to write a year-end retrospective of advances in AI/ML, and this year is no different. Gain an understanding of the important developments of the past year, as well as insights into what expect in 2020.
- What just happened in the world of AI? - Dec 12, 2019.
The speed at which AI made advancements and news during 2019 makes it imperative now to step back and place these events into order and perspective. It's important to separate the interest that any one advancement initially attracts, from its actual gravity and its consequential influence on the field. This review unfolds the parallel threads of these AI stories over this year and isolates their significance.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Technology Main Developments in 2019 and Key Trends for 2020 - Dec 11, 2019.
We asked leading experts - what are the most important developments of 2019 and 2020 key trends in AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, and Deep Learning? This blog focuses mainly on technology and deployment.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2019 and Key Trends for 2020 - Dec 9, 2019.
As we say goodbye to one year and look forward to another, KDnuggets has once again solicited opinions from numerous research & technology experts as to the most important developments of 2019 and their 2020 key trend predictions.
- Accuracy Fallacy: The Media’s Coverage of AI Is Bogus - Dec 6, 2019.
Such as the gross exaggerations Stanford researchers broadcasted about their infamous "AI gaydar" project, there exists a prevalent "accuracy fallacy" in relation to AI from the media. Find out more about how the press constantly misleads the public into believing that machine learning can reliably predict psychosis, heart attacks, sexuality, and much more.
- Artificial Friend or Virtual Foe - Dec 5, 2019.
Is AI making more good than harm?
- Top 7 Data Science Use Cases in Trust and Security - Dec 2, 2019.
What are trust and safety? What is the role of trust and security in the modern world? Read this overview of 7 data science application use cases in the realm of trust and security.
- Two Years In The Life of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Java - Nov 29, 2019.
Where does Java stand in the world of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning? Learn more about how to do these things in Java, and the libraries and frameworks to use.
- Open Source Projects by Google, Uber and Facebook for Data Science and AI - Nov 28, 2019.
Open source is becoming the standard for sharing and improving technology. Some of the largest organizations in the world namely: Google, Facebook and Uber are open sourcing their own technologies that they use in their workflow to the public.
- On the sensationalism of artificial intelligence news - Nov 15, 2019.
With artificial intelligence and machine learning now a mainstay of our daily awareness, news organizations have been seen to overstate the reality behind progress in the field. Learn more about recent examples of media hyperbole and explore why this may be happening.
- AI ROI: The Questions You Need To Be Asking - Nov 14, 2019.
During this free Metis Corporate Training webinar, Dec 5 @ 12pm ET, Kerstin Frailey, Senior Data Scientist and Head of Executive Corporate Training at Metis, will walk through what you need to ask before, during, and after the lifetime of a data science project to accurately assess its impact on the business.
- The Last Defense Against Another AI Winter - Nov 6, 2019.
My short answer is this: Yes, another AI Winter will be here if you don’t deploy more ML solutions. You and your Data Science teams are the last line of defense against the AI Winter. You need to solve five key challenges to keep the momentum up.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n42, Nov 6: 5 Statistical Traps Data Scientists Should Avoid; 10 Free Must-Read Books on AI - Nov 6, 2019.
Learn about statistical fallacies Data Scientists should avoid; New and quite amazing Deep Learning capabilities FB has been quietly open-sourcing; Top Machine Learning tools for Developers; How to build a Neural Network from scratch and more.
- 10 Free Must-read Books on AI - Nov 5, 2019.
Artificial Intelligence continues to fill the media headlines while scientists and engineers rapidly expand its capabilities and applications. With such explosive growth in the field, there is a great deal to learn. Dive into these 10 free books that are must-reads to support your AI study and work.
- How Data Labeling Facilitates AI Models - Oct 31, 2019.
AI-based models are highly dependent on accurate, clean, well-labeled, and prepared data in order to produce the desired output and cognition. These models are fed with bulky datasets covering an array of probabilities and computations to make its functioning as smart and gifted as human intelligence.
- About Google’s Self-Proclaimed Quantum Supremacy and its Impact on Artificial Intelligence - Oct 29, 2019.
Google claimed quantum supremacy, IBM challenged it… but the development is really important for the future of AI.
- Harnessing Semiotics and Discourse Communities to Understand User Intent - Oct 25, 2019.
Semiotics helps us understand the importance of context to determining the meaning of a term and discourse communities provide us with the background context (mental model) by which to correctly interpret its meaning correctly.
- Seven Myths About the True Costs of AI Systems - Oct 24, 2019.
While there is much excitement today around implementing AI at the enterprise level, the financial costs of this process are often unexpected and underappreciated. These seven myths are crucial lessons learned that executives should know before heading down the road to AI.
- Samsung Tech Day: Today’s Electronic Devices Seem Magical, But the Real Super-Power is in Silicon - Oct 23, 2019.
Samsung’s Tech Day event showcases processor and memory advances for 5G, AI, Cloud and Edge Computing, Automotive, IoT, and more.
- Intro to Adversarial Machine Learning and Generative Adversarial Networks - Oct 23, 2019.
In this crash course on GANs, we explore where they fit into the pantheon of generative models, how they've changed over time, and what the future has in store for this area of machine learning.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n40, Oct 23: How to Become a (Good) Data Scientist; Writing Your First Neural Net in 30 Lines with Keras - Oct 23, 2019.
Read useful advice on how to become a good data scientist; see how you can write your 1st neural net in under 30 lines of Keras code; Understand why AI salaries are heading skywards and what skills you need for them; and read about key ideas and methods in anomaly detection
- Bye Data Scientists, Hello AI? Not Likely! - Oct 22, 2019.
AI is becoming more mainstream. The fact that computers/robots will learn after being built and will surpass a human's intelligence is terrifying.
- Anomaly Detection, A Key Task for AI and Machine Learning, Explained - Oct 21, 2019.
One way to process data faster and more efficiently is to detect abnormal events, changes or shifts in datasets. Anomaly detection refers to identification of items or events that do not conform to an expected pattern or to other items in a dataset that are usually undetectable by a human expert.
- Building an intelligent Digital Assistant - Oct 18, 2019.
In this second part we want to outline our own experience building an AI application and reflect on why we chose not to utilise deep learning as the core technology used.
- Artificial Intelligence: Salaries Heading Skyward - Oct 17, 2019.
While the average salary for a Software Engineer is around $100,000 to $150,000, to make the big bucks you want to be an AI or Machine Learning (Specialist/Scientist/Engineer.)
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n39, Oct 16: Key Ideas in Document Embedding; The problem with metrics is a big problem for AI - Oct 16, 2019.
This week on KDnuggets: Beyond Word Embedding: Key Ideas in Document Embedding; The problem with metrics is a big problem for AI; Activation maps for deep learning models in a few lines of code; There is No Such Thing as a Free Lunch; 8 Paths to Getting a Machine Learning Job Interview; and much, much more.
- There is No Such Thing as a Free Lunch - Oct 11, 2019.
You have heard the expression “there is no such thing as a free lunch” – well in machine learning the same principle holds. In fact there is even a theorem with the same name.
- The problem with metrics is a big problem for AI - Oct 11, 2019.
The practice of optimizing metrics is not new nor unique to AI, yet AI can be particularly efficient (even too efficient!) at doing so.
- Lemma, Lemma, Red Pyjama: Or, doing words with AI - Oct 10, 2019.
If we want a machine learning model to be able to generalize these forms together, we need to map them to a shared representation. But when are two different words the same for our purposes? It depends.
- Why the ‘why way’ is the right way to restoring trust in AI - Oct 8, 2019.
As so many more organizations now rely on AI to deliver services and consumer experiences, establishing a public trust in the AI is crucial as these systems begin to make harder decisions that impact customers.
- OpenAI Tried to Train AI Agents to Play Hide-And-Seek but Instead They Were Shocked by What They Learned - Oct 7, 2019.
OpenAI trained agents in a simple game of hide-and-seek and learned many other different skills in the process.
- 5 Fundamental AI Principles - Oct 3, 2019.
While AI may appear magical at times, these five principles will help guide you to avoid pitfalls when leveraging this tech.
- How AI will transform healthcare (and can it fix the US healthcare system?) - Sep 30, 2019.
This thorough review focuses on the impact of AI, 5G, and edge computing on the healthcare sector in the 2020s as well as a look at quantum computing's potential impact on AI, healthcare, and financial services.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n36, Sep 25: The Hidden Risk of AI and Big Data; The 5 Sampling Algorithms every Data Scientist needs to know - Sep 25, 2019.
Learn about unexpected risk of AI applied to Big Data; Study 5 Sampling Algorithms every Data Scientist needs to know; Read how one data scientist copes with his boring days of deploying machine learning; 5 beginner-friendly steps to learn ML with Python; and more.
- 5 Famous Deep Learning Courses/Schools of 2019 - Sep 24, 2019.
Deep Learning is/has become the hottest skill in Data Science at the moment. There is a plethora of articles, courses, technologies, influencers and resources that we can leverage to gain the Deep Learning skills.
- The Hidden Risk of AI and Big Data - Sep 20, 2019.
With recent advances in AI being enabled through access to so much “Big Data” and cheap computing power, there is incredible momentum in the field. Can big data really deliver on all this hype, and what can go wrong?
- What is Machine Behavior? - Sep 16, 2019.
The new emerging field that wants to study AI agents the way social scientists study humans.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 04-10: How #AI will transform #healthcare; 10 Great Python Resources for Aspiring Data Scientists - Sep 11, 2019.
Python Libraries for Interpretable Machine Learning; How #AI will transform #healthcare (and can it fix US healthcare system?); Building Recommendation System - an overview ; I wasn't getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is.
- BERT is changing the NLP landscape - Sep 9, 2019.
BERT is changing the NLP landscape and making chatbots much smarter by enabling computers to better understand speech and respond intelligently in real-time.
- Beyond Neurons: Five Cognitive Functions of the Human Brain that we are Trying to Recreate with Artificial Intelligence - Sep 3, 2019.
The quest for recreating cognitive capabilities of the brain in deep neural networks remains one of the elusive goals of AI. Let’s explore some human cognitive skills that are serving as inspiration to a new generation of AI techniques.
- Cartoon: Labor Day in the age of AI - Sep 2, 2019.
KDnuggets cartoon looks at how AI will impact Labor Day in the year 2050.
- The Death of Centralized AI and the Rise of Open AI - Aug 29, 2019.
Centralized AI is giving way to more democratic AI systems, which are becoming more and more accessible to data scientists, both through code and through open ecosystems.
- A 2019 Guide to Human Pose Estimation - Aug 28, 2019.
Human pose estimation refers to the process of inferring poses in an image. Essentially, it entails predicting the positions of a person’s joints in an image or video. This problem is also sometimes referred to as the localization of human joints.
- Introducing AI Explainability 360: A New Toolkit to Help You Understand what Machine Learning Models are Doing - Aug 27, 2019.
Recently, AI researchers from IBM open sourced AI Explainability 360, a new toolkit of state-of-the-art algorithms that support the interpretability and explainability of machine learning models.
- Artificial Intelligence vs. Machine Learning vs. Deep Learning: What is the Difference? - Aug 26, 2019.
Over the past few years, artificial intelligence continues to be one of the hottest topics. And in order to work effectively with it, you need to understand its constituent parts.
- Gender Diversity in AI Research - Aug 21, 2019.
Through an analysis of 1.5M papers from arXiv, this study reviews the evolution of gender diversity across disciplines, countries, and institutions as well as the semantic differences between AI papers with and without female co-authors.
- Artificial Intelligence Is Not Intelligence – Interview With Andy Cotgreave (Keynote Speaker at Crunch Conf) - Aug 20, 2019.
Crunch is coming to Budapest, Hungary on 16-18 Oct. Use code KDNuggets to save on Data Science, Data Engineering, or BI tracks. But first, read this interview with keynote speaker Andy Cotgreave.
- U. of Miami: Faculty Positions, with expertise in AI/Data Science/ML or related areas [Miami, FL] - Aug 15, 2019.
The positions require research and teaching expertise in AI/Data Science, or related areas including Data Extraction, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, and Intelligent Actuators.
- Introducing the Plato Research Dialogue System: Building Conversational Applications at Uber’s Scale - Aug 15, 2019.
While the process of building simple, domain-specific chatbots has gotten way easier, building large scale, multi-agent conversational applications remains a massive challenge. Recently, the Uber engineering team open sourced the Plato Research Dialogue System, which is the framework powering conversational agents across Uber’s different applications.
- How Creating an AI Study Group Boosted My Skills and Got Me a Job - Aug 13, 2019.
The amount of time I had to put in to organize the AI Society left me sometimes sleep-deprived but it was definitely worth it. It was also one of the main factors why I got the job in Machine Learning after all. I hope that this article will inspire you to create your own AI study group!
- 6 Key Concepts in Andrew Ng’s “Machine Learning Yearning” - Aug 12, 2019.
If you are diving into AI and machine learning, Andrew Ng's book is a great place to start. Learn about six important concepts covered to better understand how to use these tools from one of the field's best practitioners and teachers.
- Inside Pluribus: Facebook’s New AI That Just Mastered the World’s Most Difficult Poker Game - Aug 8, 2019.
The reasons why Pluribus represents a major breakthrough in AI systems might result confusing to many readers. After all, in recent years AI researchers have made tremendous progress across different complex games. However, six-player, no-limit Texas Hold’em still remains one of the most elusive challenges for AI systems.
- Are We Ready to Partner With Machines?
Data Science Salon Miami, September 10-11 - Jul 31, 2019.
When it comes to AI, there’s plenty of talk of the future of machines. But it’s the people behind AI development who have the insights needed to shape that future. Register now to catch all of our speakers at the Data Science Salon Miami, Sep 10-11, 2019.
- Top 10 Best Podcasts on AI, Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning - Jul 29, 2019.
Check out our latest Top 10 Most Popular Data Science and Machine Learning podcasts available on iTunes. Stay up to date in the field with these recent episodes and join in with the current data conversations.
- Decentralized and Collaborative AI: How Microsoft Research is Using Blockchains to Build More Transparent Machine Learning Models - Jul 29, 2019.
Recently, AI researchers from Microsoft open sourced the Decentralized & Collaborative AI on Blockchain project that enables the implementation of decentralized machine learning models based on blockchain technologies.
- High-Quality AI And Machine Learning Data Labeling At Scale: A Brief Research Report - Jul 25, 2019.
Analyst firm Cognilytica estimates that as much as 80% of machine learning project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, labeling, and augmenting machine learning model data. So, how do innovative machine learning teams prepare data in such a way that they can trust its quality, cost of preparation, and the speed with which it’s delivered?
- State of AI Report 2019 - Jul 5, 2019.
This year's "State of AI Report" has been released. Read it to find out about the latest in AI research, talent, industry, and politics form the past 12 months.
- NLP vs. NLU: from Understanding a Language to Its Processing - Jul 3, 2019.
As AI progresses and the technology becomes more sophisticated, we expect existing techniques to evolve. With these changes, will the well-founded natural language processing give way to natural language understanding? Or, are the two concepts subtly distinct to hold their own niche in AI?
- Seven Key Dimensions to Help You Understand Artificial Intelligence Environments - Jul 2, 2019.
Understanding an AI environment is an incredibly complex task but there are several key dimensions that provide clarity on that reasoning.
- How To Get Funding For AI Startups - Jun 27, 2019.
What are the biggest challenges AI startups have when pitching to investors? Learn how to grab their attention with these recommendations on how to start building your AI company.
- Monash University: (Senior) Research Fellow in AI [Suzhou, China] - Jun 26, 2019.
Seeking an individual passionate about undertaking research in an area of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as multidisciplinary research through the application of AI to problems, and to be responsible for conducting research in areas of AI.
- How Google uses Reinforcement Learning to Train AI Agents in the Most Popular Sport in the World - Jun 21, 2019.
Researchers from the Google Brain team open sourced Google Research Football, a new environment that leverages reinforcement learning to teach AI agents how to master the most popular sport in the world.
- Natural Language Interface to DataTable - Jun 21, 2019.
You have to write SQL queries to query data from a relational database. Sometimes, you even have to write complex queries to do that. Won't it be amazing if you could use a chatbot to retrieve data from a database using simple English? That's what this tutorial is all about.
- Examining the Transformer Architecture: The OpenAI GPT-2 Controversy - Jun 20, 2019.
GPT-2 is a generative model, created by OpenAI, trained on 40GB of Internet to predict the next word. And OpenAI found this model to be SO good that they did not release the fully trained model due to their concerns about malicious applications of the technology.