- 3 Best Sites to Find Datasets for your Data Science Projects - Apr 9, 2020.
When first learning data science, you will inevitably find yourself looking for more datasets to practice with. Here, we recommend the 3 best sites to find datasets to spark your next data science project.
- The Problem With Self-Serve Analytics - Mar 22, 2019.
A hands-off approach would seem reckless for questions about things like security. And yet that approach is not just the norm for analytical questions in most organizations; it's often the ideal.
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning: 10 Examples - Dec 21, 2018.
A brief introduction to feature engineering, covering coordinate transformation, continuous data, categorical features, missing values, normalization, and more.
- Eight iconic examples of data visualisation - Aug 3, 2018.
A collection of the most exemplary examples of data visualizations, including Napoleons invasion of Russia and the iconic London Underground map.
- From Data to Viz: how to select the the right chart for your data - Aug 1, 2018.
We offer an interactive, decision tree-style tool, which examines the data you have and proposes a set of potentially appropriate visualizations to represent your dataset.
- The ultimate list of Web Scraping tools and software - Jul 19, 2018.
Here's your guide to pick the right web scraping tool for your specific data needs.
Pages: 1 2
- What is Minimum Viable (Data) Product? - Jul 12, 2018.
This post gives a personal insight into what Minimum Viable Product means for Machine Learning and the importance of starting small and iterating.
- Why the Data Lake Matters - Jun 22, 2018.
This post outlines why the data lake matters, outlining the complexity of a data lake and taking a look at its evolution over time.
- Data Exchange and Marketplace, a New Business Model in Making - Apr 23, 2018.
This article covers how an ever-increasing amount of data will trigger the evolution of a new ecosystem that will spur entrepreneurial activity, offering an opportunity to start a wide range of new businesses.
- The Cold Start Problem with AI - Apr 10, 2018.
Why companies struggle with implementing AI and how to overcome it.
- Looker Data Tour: London, Feb 13 - Jan 15, 2018.
Register for Looker #JOINtheTour first stop - #London! Experience a day full of inspiring keynotes, helpful #tech sessions, and networking with lots of #datadriven folks.
- Data Science: (not) the preferred nomenclature - Sep 4, 2017.
The term Data Science should describe the “Science OF Data”, while doing Science WITH Data could be called “Data-Driven Science”. Whatever your preferred term, reinforcing the distinction will help establish the Science OF Data and doing Science WITH Data as bona-fide disciplines.
- More Data or Better Algorithms: The Sweet Spot - Jan 17, 2017.
We examine the sweet spot for data-driven Machine Learning companies, where is not too easy and not too hard to collect the needed data.
- Data is the New Everything - Mar 17, 2016.
Data gets a lot of mainstream attention these days, and has been compared to all sorts of different things. This is a lighthearted look at some of the top suggestions from Google autocomplete when searching for the phrase "data is the new" something.
- Online Privacy – Why the Odds are Against You? - Nov 4, 2015.
Infographic on Data Brokers explains how personal information is collected and sold, leaving people with few options to opt-out of it.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Peter Alvaro, UC Berkeley, on Consistency Challenge in Distributed Systems - Dec 17, 2014.
We discuss the performance limitations caused by treating datastore as black box, consistency as an application-level property, Dedalus and LDFI approach for testing.
- ‘Magic’ – Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 5, 2014.
Import.io's new feature - 'Magic' allows users to instantly turn web pages into tables of data: No Plugins, No Training, No Setup. Learn More.
- Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 San Francisco: Day 2 Highlights - Oct 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Analytics leaders from San Francisco Giants, New York University and LA Dodgers on day 2 of Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- Interview: Toni Jones, U-Haul on Deriving Business Insights from Social Media - Oct 5, 2014.
We discuss social media strategy at U-Haul, the key drivers of a social media campaign, identifying what data to focus on, important metrics, career advice and more.
- Founders of Yahoo! and MySQL Invest in Import.io - Sep 8, 2014.
Import.io raises $3M round from Jerry Yang and David Axmark. Released a streamlined version of web data extraction tool with exciting new features.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Director of Data Science, Quintiles on Big Data for Healthcare - May 15, 2014.
We discuss the rising medical costs, how can Big Data help, key features of Quintiles Inforsario and Topological Data Analysis.
- Twitter Data Grants for Researchers – submit a proposal by Mar 15 - Feb 6, 2014.
Researchers can get access to a comprehensive and very large set of Twitter data - submit a proposal to Twitter Data Grants pilot program by March 15.