- Geovisualization with Open Data - Jan 15, 2020.
In this post I want to show how to use public available (open) data to create geo visualizations in python. Maps are a great way to communicate and compare information when working with geolocation data. There are many frameworks to plot maps, here I focus on matplotlib and geopandas (and give a glimpse of mplleaflet).
- How to Extract Google Maps Coordinates - Nov 11, 2019.
In this article, I will show you how to quickly extract Google Maps coordinates with a simple and easy method.
- Eight iconic examples of data visualisation - Aug 3, 2018.
A collection of the most exemplary examples of data visualizations, including Napoleons invasion of Russia and the iconic London Underground map.
- The Future of Map-Making is Open and Powered by Sensors and AI - Jul 13, 2018.
This article investigates the future of map-making and the role of Sensors, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning within that.
- Choropleth Maps in R - Mar 12, 2018.
Choropleth maps provides a very simple and easy way to understand visualizations of a measurement across different geographical areas, be it states or countries.
Pages: 1 2
- Apple: Software Engineer – Local Search - Mar 24, 2017.
Seeking strong developers with a passion towards relevance and end-user experience, to be contributing towards monitoring/modeling/improving local search for Siri, Spotlight, Safari and other end points for users interacting with Apple Maps.
- NVIDIA: Director for Autonomous Vehicle Localization and Mapping - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Director for Autonomous Vehicle Localization and Mapping, requiring someone who can formulate and execute a technical roadmap from architectural specification through the full lifecycle of the product in the field.
- R Learning Path: From beginner to expert in R in 7 steps - Mar 23, 2016.
This learning path is mainly for novice R users that are just getting started but it will also cover some of the latest changes in the language that might appeal to more advanced R users.
Pages: 1 2 3
- OpenText Data Digest Sep 25: US Maps - Oct 2, 2015.
This week’s Data Driven Digest focuses on three maps of the United States that are distinct more because of the behaviors of the people that live in them than the actual lines that separate them.
- Big Data Monetization Lessons from Zillow - Sep 14, 2015.
In the current tsunami of “Big Data” every business wants to get value out of the data. Here, we are sharing lessons learned by the new real estate websites who have brought together Big Data sets, home buyers, and home sellers.
- Learn to Map Census Data in R – free email course - Aug 19, 2015.
The course, split into 5 lessons, is designed to teach people how to easily make beautiful and informative maps of US demographics. People start with US State maps and progress to county and zip code maps.
- Apple: Data Scientist - Nov 5, 2014.
The Maps Supply Chain Management team is looking for a skilled, experienced, and motivated Data Scientist to help us discover patterns and quality issues with our local data sets.
- Apple: Senior Developer and Architect – Maps Services - Jul 16, 2014.
Support and grow backend services that support Apple Maps. Ideal candidate would have experience with system architecture, design, implementation, and testing of individual components but also be comfortable with multiple scripting languages.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 23-24: Machine learning in the cloud: Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - Jun 25, 2014.
Machine learning in the cloud: the brains behind Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - key first step in analyzing a new data set; Mapmaking for R Programmers - an introduction. What is Text Analytics?
- ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup 2014, GIS-focused algorithm competition - Jan 30, 2014.
This contest will focus on the important problem of map generalization, a commonly used concept in creating maps of different scales.
- Apple: C++ Senior Developer and Architect, Maps - Jan 27, 2014.
Ideal candidate would have experience with system architecture, as well as the design, implementation, and testing of individual components but also be comfortable with multiple scripting languages.