- Task-based effectiveness of basic visualizations - Nov 27, 2019.
This is a summary of a recent paper on an age-old topic: what visualisation should I use? No prizes for guessing “it depends!” Is this the paper to finally settle the age-old debate surrounding pie-charts??
- Best Data Visualization Techniques for small and large data - Apr 17, 2019.
Data visualization is used in many areas to model complex events and visualize phenomena that cannot be observed directly, such as weather patterns, medical conditions or mathematical relationships. Here we review basic data visualization tools and techniques.
- How to Choose the Right Chart Type - Mar 27, 2019.
This article presents an infographic for choosing which chart type is most useful in a given scenario. The infographic and chart types are then explored for greater clarity.
- Eight iconic examples of data visualisation - Aug 3, 2018.
A collection of the most exemplary examples of data visualizations, including Napoleons invasion of Russia and the iconic London Underground map.
- How to Lie with Data Science - Jul 27, 2018.
This post is not really about how to lie with Data Science. Instead, it’s about how we may be fooled by not giving enough attention to details in different parts of the pipeline.
- 7 Simple Data Visualizations You Should Know in R - Jun 22, 2018.
This post presents a selection of 7 essential data visualizations, and how to recreate them using a mix of base R functions and a few common packages.
- How To Choose The Right Chart Type For Your Data - Apr 3, 2018.
The power of charts to assist in accurate interpretation is massive and that's why it is vital to select the correct type when you are trying to visualize data.