- Data Labeling for Machine Learning: Market Overview, Approaches, and Tools - Dec 13, 2021.
So much of data science and machine learning is founded on having clean and well-understood data sources that it is unsurprising that the data labeling market is growing faster than ever. Here, we highlight many of the top players in this industry and the techniques they use to help you consider which might make a good partner for your needs.
Big Data, Crowdsourcing, Data Classification, Data Labeling, Data Mining, Data Platform
- Free virtual event: Big Data and AI Toronto - Sep 21, 2021.
This year’s Big Data and AI Toronto conference and expo, held virtually Oct 13-14, will provide attendees with a 360° view of the industry through a unique 4-in-1 experience: Artificial intelligence, big data, cloud, and cybersecurity.
AI, Big Data, Meetings, Toronto, Virtual Event
- Essential Features of An Efficient Data Integration Solution - Aug 24, 2021.
This blog highlights the essential features of a data integration solution that help an organization generate consistent and accurate data to keep the business running smoothly.
Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Integration, Data Processing
- Model Drift in Machine Learning – How To Handle It In Big Data - Aug 17, 2021.
Rendezvous Architecture helps you run and choose outputs from a Champion model and many Challenger models running in parallel without many overheads. The original approach works well for smaller data sets, so how can this idea adapt to big data pipelines?
Big Data, Data Engineering, Data Preparation, Machine Learning, Model Drift
- Querying the Most Granular Demographics Dataset - Aug 13, 2021.
Having access to broad and detailed population data can potentially offer enormous value to any organization looking to interact with specific demographics. However, access alone is not sufficient without being able to leverage advanced techniques to explore and visualize the data.
Big Data, Data Visualization, Geolocation, Neo4j, Open Source
- Data Monetization 101 - Jul 30, 2021.
The evolving marketplace of data now includes many firms that support a variety of needs from organizations looking to grow with data. This listing of the key players categorized by target market provides an interesting picture of this exciting industry sector.
Big Data, Business, Business Intelligence, Data Monetization, Monetizing
- AIRSIDE LIVE Is Where Big Data, Data Security and Data Governance Converge - May 27, 2021.
Free virtual summit on June 3rd offers sessions from data industry leaders and practitioners on challenges and solutions in an ever-changing, data-driven landscape.
Big Data, Data Governance, Okera, Security
- Awesome list of datasets in 100+ categories - May 20, 2021.
With an estimated 44 zettabytes of data in existence in our digital world today and approximately 2.5 quintillion bytes of new data generated daily, there is a lot of data out there you could tap into for your data science projects. It's pretty hard to curate through such a massive universe of data, but this collection is a great start. Here, you can find data from cancer genomes to UFO reports, as well as years of air quality data to 200,000 jokes. Dive into this ocean of data to explore as you learn how to apply data science techniques or leverage your expertise to discover something new.
Big Data, Data Science, Datasets
- Vaex: Pandas but 1000x faster - May 17, 2021.
If you are working with big data, especially on your local machine, then learning the basics of Vaex, a Python library that enables the fast processing of large datasets, will provide you with a productive alternative to Pandas.
Big Data, Data Preprocessing, Pandas, Scalability, Vaex
- Cloud Based Web Scraping for Big Data Applications - May 3, 2021.
As the need to store and access big data increases, web scraping and web crawling technologies are becoming more and more useful. Today, companies use web scraping technology for myriad reasons. Read on to find the uses of cloud-based web scraping for big data apps.
Big Data, Octoparse, Web Scraping
- The secret to analysing large, complex datasets quickly and productively? - Apr 29, 2021.
Data is beautiful, and lots of data is simply sublime, but be wary of the pitfalls. Sometimes you have so much data you can waste hours exploring without answering the important questions. These 5 tips will show you how to analyse large complex datasets productively by constraining yourself.
Advice, Big Data, Data Analysis, Data Science
- ETL in the Cloud: Transforming Big Data Analytics with Data Warehouse Automation - Apr 15, 2021.
Today, organizations are increasingly implementing cloud ETL tools to handle large data sets. With data sets becoming larger by the day, unified ETL tools have become crucial for data integration needs of enterprises.
Automation, Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Cloud, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, ETL
- Are You Still Using Pandas to Process Big Data in 2021? Here are two better options - Mar 1, 2021.
When its time to handle a lot of data -- so much that you are in the realm of Big Data -- what tools can you use to wrangle the data, especially in a notebook environment? Pandas doesn’t handle really Big Data very well, but two other libraries do. So, which one is better and faster?
Big Data, Dask, Data Preparation, Pandas, Python, Vaex
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n41, Oct 28: Difference Between Junior and Senior Data Scientists; Ain’t No Such a Thing as a Citizen Data Scientist - Oct 28, 2020.
The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists; Ain't No Such a Thing as a Citizen Data Scientist; How to become a Data Scientist: a step-by-step guide; Good-bye Big Data. Hello, Massive Data!; DeepMind Relies on this Old Statistical Method to Build Fair Machine Learning Models
Big Data, Career Advice, Citizen Data Scientist, Computer Vision, Data Science, Data Scientist, DeepMind, Statistical Modeling
- Good-bye Big Data. Hello, Massive Data! - Oct 22, 2020.
Join the Massive Data Revolution with SQream. Shorten query times from days to hours or minutes, and speed up data preparation with - analyze the raw data directly.
Big Data, GPU, SQream
- Big Data and AI Toronto Goes Virtual - Sep 14, 2020.
The Big Data and AI Toronto Conference and Expo returns on September 29-30, 2020 with a brand new format and will be held exclusively online. KDnuggets readers get a 25% discount on all-access passes with promo code BDTORONTO-25. Register now.
AI, Big Data, Meetings, Toronto
- Let’s Be Honest: We’re Drowning in Data - Sep 10, 2020.
The fields of Big Data, Data Analytics/Science, and Data Integration need to face a new truth: We are drowning in data, more and more so every second of every day.
Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Science
- Performance Testing on Big Data Applications - Aug 21, 2020.
You can use performance testing in any application you’re working on but it’s especially useful for big data applications. Let’s see why.
Applications, Big Data, Performance
- 10 Steps for Tackling Data Privacy and Security Laws in 2020 - Jul 22, 2020.
Data privacy laws, such as the CCPA, GDPR, and HIPAA, are here to stay and significantly impact everyone in the digital era. These steps will guide organizations to prepare for compliance and ensure they support the fundamental privacy rights of their customers and users.
Advice, Big Data, CCPA, GDPR, Privacy, Security
- New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? - Jun 9, 2020.
Take part in KDnuggets latest survey to have your voice heard, and let the community know what the largest dataset size you have worked with is.
Big Data, Datasets, Largest, Poll
- 3 Key Data Science Questions to Ask Your Big Data - Jun 3, 2020.
The process of understanding your data begins by asking 3 questions at the highest level, and then iteratively asking hundreds of cascading questions to get deeper insights.
Big Data, Business, Customer Analytics, Data Science, Metrics
- Evidence Counterfactuals for explaining predictive models on Big Data - May 18, 2020.
Big Data generated by people -- such as, social media posts, mobile phone GPS locations, and browsing history -- provide enormous prediction value for AI systems. However, explaining how these models predict with the data remains challenging. This interesting explanation approach considers how a model would behave if it didn't have the original set of data to work with.
Big Data, Explainability, Predictive Modeling, Predictive Models, Statistics
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n16, Apr 22: Scaling Pandas with Dask for Big Data; Dive Into Deep Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 22, 2020.
4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19; State of the Machine Learning and AI Industry; A Key Missing Part of the Machine Learning Stack; 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read
AI, Big Data, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Dask, Deep Learning, Free ebook, Machine Learning, Pandas
- Why and How to Use Dask with Big Data - Apr 15, 2020.
The Pandas library for Python is a game-changer for data preparation. But, when the data gets big, really big, then your computer needs more help to efficiency handle all that data. Learn more about how to use Dask and follow a demo to scale up your Pandas to work with Big Data.
Big Data, Dask, Data Engineering
- In Loving Memory of Strictly-Typed Schemas - Feb 20, 2020.
This article addresses one very peculiar manifestation of marketing propaganda in the big data industry that has crippled data engineers across the board — a resolute and methodical undermining of the sanctity of strictly-typed schemas.
Big Data, Data Engineering, Database
- The Data Science Puzzle — 2020 Edition - Feb 7, 2020.
The data science puzzle is once again re-examined through the relationship between several key concepts of the landscape, incorporating updates and observations since last time. Check out the results here.
AI, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning
- Big Data. Big Impact - Jan 22, 2020.
Ramapo College’s Master of Science in Data Science program will teach you to collect, synthesize, and analyze big data, become skilled in programming languages like R and Python, and leverage advanced tools to meet the demands of modern business and science.
Big Data, Data Science Education
- 7 Resources to Becoming a Data Engineer - Jan 7, 2020.
An estimated 8,650% growth of the volume of Data to 175 zetabytes from 2010 to 2025 has created an enormous need for Data Engineers to build an organization's big data platform to be fast, efficient and scalable.
Advice, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Data Engineering, Data Science, MOOC, SQL
- Alternative Cloud Hosted Data Science Environments - Dec 19, 2019.
Over the years new alternative providers have risen to provided a solitary data science environment hosted on the cloud for data scientist to analyze, host and share their work.
Big Data, Cloud Computing, Data Science, Jupyter, Saturn Cloud
- How to Make an Agile Team Work for Big Data Analytics - Oct 31, 2019.
Learn how to approach the challenges when merging an agile methodology into a data science team to bring out the best value for your Big Data products.
Agile, Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Data Science Team
- Data Sources 101 - Oct 28, 2019.
Data collection is one of the first steps of the data lifecycle — you need to get all the data you require in the first place. To collect the right data, you need to know where to find it and determine the effort involved in collecting it. This article answers the most basic question: where does all the data you need (or might need) come from?
Big Data, Data Science, Datasets, Unstructured data
- The Hidden Risk of AI and Big Data - Sep 20, 2019.
With recent advances in AI being enabled through access to so much “Big Data” and cheap computing power, there is incredible momentum in the field. Can big data really deliver on all this hype, and what can go wrong?
AI, Big Data, Causation, Correlation, Overfitting, Risks
- How to count Big Data: Probabilistic data structures and algorithms - Aug 26, 2019.
Learn how probabilistic data structures and algorithms can be used for cardinality estimation in Big Data streams.
Algorithms, Big Data, Probability
- Automate Stacking In Python: How to Boost Your Performance While Saving Time - Aug 21, 2019.
Utilizing stacking (stacked generalizations) is a very hot topic when it comes to pushing your machine learning algorithm to new heights. For instance, most if not all winning Kaggle submissions nowadays make use of some form of stacking or a variation of it.
Algorithms, Big Data, Data Science, Python
- An Overview of Python’s Datatable package - Aug 20, 2019.
Modern machine learning applications need to process a humongous amount of data and generate multiple features. Python’s datatable module was created to address this issue. It is a toolkit for performing big data (up to 100GB) operations on a single-node machine, at the maximum possible speed.
Big Data, Data Science, Python
- Learn how to use PySpark in under 5 minutes (Installation + Tutorial) - Aug 13, 2019.
Apache Spark is one of the hottest and largest open source project in data processing framework with rich high-level APIs for the programming languages like Scala, Python, Java and R. It realizes the potential of bringing together both Big Data and machine learning.
Apache Spark, Big Data, Data Science, Python
- Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Chris Wylie to headline Big Data LDN 2019 keynote programme - Aug 12, 2019.
Chris Wylie, the whistleblower who exposed Cambridge Analytica, will headline Big Data LDN 2019 programme, along with over 100 speakers at this free to attend event, Nov 13-14, London.
Big Data, Cambridge Analytica, London, UK
- Here’s how you can accelerate your Data Science on GPU - Jul 30, 2019.
Data Scientists need computing power. Whether you’re processing a big dataset with Pandas or running some computation on a massive matrix with Numpy, you’ll need a powerful machine to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.
Big Data, Data Science, DBSCAN, Deep Learning, GPU, NVIDIA, Python
- Easy, One-Click Jupyter Notebooks - Jul 24, 2019.
All of the setup for software, networking, security, and libraries is automatically taken care of by the Saturn Cloud system. Data Scientists can then focus on the actual Data Science and not the tedious infrastructure work that falls around it
Big Data, Cloud, Data Science, Data Scientist, DevOps, Jupyter, Python, Saturn Cloud
- Big Data for Insurance - Jul 18, 2019.
The insurance industry has always been quite conservative; however, the adoption of new technologies is not just a modern trend but a necessity to maintain the competitive pace. In the modern digital era, Big Data technologies help to process vast amounts of information, increase workflow efficiency, and reduce operational costs. Learn more about the benefits of Big Data for insurance from our material.
Analytics, Big Data, Insurance, Predictive Analytics
- The Death of Big Data and the Emergence of the Multi-Cloud Era - Jul 11, 2019.
The Era of Big Data is coming to an end as the focus shifts from how we collect data to processing that data in real-time. Big Data is now a business asset supporting the next eras of multi-cloud support, machine learning, and real-time analytics.
Big Data, Cloudera, Hadoop, Multi-cloud, Realtime Analytics
- Nvidia’s New Data Science Workstation — a Review and Benchmark - Jul 3, 2019.
Nvidia has recently released their Data Science Workstation, a PC that puts together all the Data Science hardware and software into one nice package. The workstation is a total powerhouse machine, packed with all the computing power — and software — that’s great for plowing through data.
Advice, Big Data, Deep Learning, GPU, NVIDIA
- An Overview of Outlier Detection Methods from PyOD – Part 1 - Jun 27, 2019.
PyOD is an outlier detection package developed with a comprehensive API to support multiple techniques. This post will showcase Part 1 of an overview of techniques that can be used to analyze anomalies in data.
Algorithms, Big Data, Outliers, Python
- One Simple Trick for Speeding up your Python Code with Numpy - Jun 19, 2019.
Looping over Python arrays, lists, or dictionaries, can be slow. Thus, vectorized operations in Numpy are mapped to highly optimized C code, making them much faster than their standard Python counterparts.
Big Data, numpy, Python
- Scalable Python Code with Pandas UDFs: A Data Science Application - Jun 13, 2019.
There is still a gap between the corpus of libraries that developers want to apply in a scalable runtime and the set of libraries that support distributed execution. This post discusses how to bridge this gap using the the functionality provided by Pandas UDFs in Spark 2.3+
Apache Spark, Big Data, Pandas, Python
- Mongo DB Basics - Jun 5, 2019.
Mongo DB is a document oriented NO SQL database unlike HBASE which has a wide column store. The advantage of Document oriented over relation type is the columns can be changed as an when required for each case as opposed to the same column name for all the rows.
Big Data, Data Engineering, Data Science, MongoDB
- Big Data and AI Toronto 2019 - May 28, 2019.
Don't miss Canada's #1 data, AI and analytics conference + expo. From solving your data-driven business challenges to helping you navigate the latest machine learning tools, Big Data and AI Toronto is designed to give you a 360-degree view on the industry.
AI, Big Data, Canada, Toronto
- Analyzing Tweets with NLP in Minutes with Spark, Optimus and Twint - May 24, 2019.
Social media has been gold for studying the way people communicate and behave, in this article I’ll show you the easiest way of analyzing tweets without the Twitter API and scalable for Big Data.
Pages: 1 2
Apache Spark, Big Data, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, NLP, Optimus, Python, Twint
- What’s Going to Happen this Year in the Data World - May 14, 2019.
"If we wish to foresee the future of mathematics, our proper course is to study the history and present condition of the science." Henri Poncairé.
Advice, AI, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning
- 2019 KDnuggets Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2019.
Vote in KDnuggets 20th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will publish the anon data, results, and trends here.
Big Data, Data Mining Software, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Poll, Programming Languages
- Strata SF day 2 Highlights: AI and Politics, Chatbots Insights, Forecasting Uncertainty, Scalable Video Analysis, and more - May 3, 2019.
AI influencing Politics, insights from Chatbots, Enterprise Data Cloud, handling Video Big Data, and more takeaways from Strata Data Conference 2019, San Francisco.
AI, Big Data, Chatbot, Machine Learning, San Francisco
- 3 Big Problems with Big Data and How to Solve Them - Apr 18, 2019.
We discuss some of the negatives of using big data, including false equivalences and bias, vulnerability to security breaches, protecting against unauthorized access and the lack of international standards for data privacy regulations.
Advice, Bias, Big Data, Privacy, Security
- Best Data Visualization Techniques for small and large data - Apr 17, 2019.
Data visualization is used in many areas to model complex events and visualize phenomena that cannot be observed directly, such as weather patterns, medical conditions or mathematical relationships. Here we review basic data visualization tools and techniques.
Big Data, Charts, Data Visualization, Histogram, Sciforce
- 7 Qualities Your Big Data Visualization Tools Absolutely Must Have and 10 Tools That Have Them - Apr 2, 2019.
Without the right visualization tools, raw data is of little use. Data visualization helps present the data in an interactive visual format. Here are the qualities to look for in a data visualization tool.
Big Data, Data Visualization, Domo, Plotly, Power BI, QlikView, Sisense, Tableau
- How to Capture Data to Make Business Impact - Mar 21, 2019.
We take a look at the formula for calculating the efficiency of a data capturing method, before going onto explain the concept of Smart Data.
Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, ROI, Smart Data
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n11, Mar 20: Another 10 Free Must-Read Books for Data Science; 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Machine Learning - Mar 20, 2019.
Also: Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019?; The Pareto Principle for Data Scientists; My favorite mind-blowing Machine Learning/AI breakthroughs; Building NLP Classifiers Cheaply With Transfer Learning and Weak Supervision; Advanced Keras - Accurately Resuming a Training Process
AI, Big Data, Books, Data Science, Keras, Machine Learning, NLP, Transfer Learning, Women
- Overcoming distrust on the path to productive analytics - Mar 18, 2019.
We outline the importance of overcoming distrust in data and analytics, with tips on how to align all stakeholders, being a data optimist, streamlining the process, and more.
Analytics, Big Data, ROI, Trust
- Securing your future in big data - Mar 12, 2019.
With four highly-specialised data analytics modules, and the practical business knowledge provided by the core MBA modules, NTU online course can prepare you for a career in big data.
Big Data, Data Analytics, MBA, Nottingham Trent University, Online Education
- LiveVideo Courses on AI, Big Data, Machine Learning – only $25 through March 31 - Mar 11, 2019.
All Manning live video courses, includes courses on AI, Big Data, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and more - are on sale until March 31 - only twenty five dollars.
Big Data, Deep Learning, Manning, Online Education, Reinforcement Learning
- On Points Insights: Senior Python Developer with Big Data skills [Remote, US] - Jan 18, 2019.
Seeking a Senior Python Developer with Big Data skills (work remotely), to interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices, solve complex problems, and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
Big Data, Developer, On Points Insights, Python, Telecommute
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n03, Jan 16: Top 10 Books on NLP and Text Analysis; End To End Guide For Machine Learning Projects - Jan 16, 2019.
Also: Why Vegetarians Miss Fewer Flights - Five Bizarre Insights from Data; 4 Myths of Big Data and 4 Ways to Improve with Deep Data; The Role of the Data Engineer is Changing; How to solve 90% of NLP problems: a step-by-step guide
Big Data, Data Engineer, Data Science, Insights, Machine Learning, Myths, NLP, Text Analysis
- Top Active Blogs on AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning – updated - Jan 14, 2019.
Stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements using our extensive list of active blogs; this is a list of 100 recently active blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Blogs, Data Mining, Data Science, Data Visualization, Machine Learning
- 4 Myths of Big Data and 4 Ways to Improve with Deep Data - Jan 9, 2019.
There is a fundamental misconception that bigger data produces better machine learning results. However bigger data lakes / warehouses won’t necessarily help to discover more profound insights. It is better to focus on data quality, value and diversity not just size. "Deep Data" is better than Big Data.
Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Warehouse, Hype, Machine Learning, Sampling
- 10 More Must-See Free Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Dec 20, 2018.
Have a look at this follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some winter study ideas.
AI, Algorithms, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, MIT, NLP, Reinforcement Learning, U. of Washington, UC Berkeley, Yandex
- Why Primary Research? - Dec 4, 2018.
Primary studies have always been a strength of marketing research. Many younger marketing researchers, however, have only been exposed to standardized ready-made research products or big data. This is a concern. What is the point of the word research in marketing research?
Big Data, Marketing, Research
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: December and Beyond - Dec 3, 2018.
Coming soon: DataX New York, AI-2018 Cambridge UK, AI NEXTCon Seattle, Deep Learning Summit San Francisco, EGC France, H2O San Francisco, Business Of Bots Business of Bots San Francisco, TDWI Las Vegas, WSDM Melbourne, and more.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Boston, Data Science, Deep Learning, Las Vegas, London, Meetings, New York City, San Francisco
- Best Machine Learning Languages, Data Visualization Tools, DL Frameworks, and Big Data Tools - Dec 3, 2018.
We cover a variety of topics, from machine learning to deep learning, from data visualization to data tools, with comments and explanations from experts in the relevant fields.
Big Data, Data Visualization, Deep Learning, Jupyter, Machine Learning, Python, R, Tableau
- DATAx Cyber Monday Extended – 40% off all summit tickets with CYBER40 - Nov 28, 2018.
Take advantage of our EXTENDED cyber Monday offer of 40% off all two-day passes and free access to all 5 tracks of the DATAx New York Festival. Use the code CYBER40.
AI, Big Data, Finance, Marketing, New York, NY, Pharma
- Top 5 domains Big Data analytics helps to transform - Nov 23, 2018.
Big data analytics gives a competitive advantage to companies across many industries, especially, financial services, e-commerce, aviation, transportation, logistics, and energy. It enables to reduce downtime, mitigate risks, cut costs, and improve performance.
Aviation, Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Credit Risk, Data Analytics, Ecommerce, Finance, Security
- The Big Data Game Board™ - Nov 19, 2018.
Move aside “Monopoly,” “Risk,” and “Snail Race!” Time to teach the youth of the world of an important, career-advancing game: how to leverage data and analytics to change your life! Introducing the “Big Data Game Board™”!
Big Data, Data Science, Games
- Data Science “Paint by the Numbers” with the Hypothesis Development Canvas - Nov 2, 2018.
Now you are ready to take the next step from a Big Data MBA perspective by building off of the Business Model Canvas to flesh out the business use cases – or hypothesis – which is where we can become more effective at leveraging data and analytics to optimize our the business.
Big Data, Business, Data Science
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: November and Beyond - Nov 1, 2018.
Coming soon: PASS Summit Seattle, TDWI Orlando, IEEE Conf on Data Mining Singapore, AI & Big Data Innovation Summit 2018 Beijing, Deep Learning World Berlin, PAW Business Berlin, Big Data LDN London, NIPS, and many more.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Boston, Deep Learning, London, Meetings, New York City, San Francisco
- Cartoon: Halloween Costume for Big Data. - Oct 31, 2018.
We revisit KDnuggets cartoon looking at the appropriate Halloween costume for Big Data and its companion, No Privacy.
Big Data, Cartoon, Halloween, Privacy
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference SF, Day 1: Domain Specific Architectures, Emerging China, AI Risks - Oct 29, 2018.
Highlights and key takeaways include Domain Specific Architectures – the next big thing, Emerging China – evolving from copying ideas to true innovation, and Addressing Risks in AI – Security, Privacy, and Ethics.
AGI, AI, Architecture, Big Data, China, GPU, O'Reilly, OpenAI, Risks, San Francisco
- U. of Zurich: Professorship in Big Data Science (Open Rank) [Zurich, Switzerland] - Oct 24, 2018.
Candidates should have an excellent research record in Data Science, Big Data Analytics as well as Large-Scale Data Processing and strong teaching skills both at the undergraduate and the graduate levels.
Big Data, Data Science, Faculty, Switzerland, Zurich
- Don’t miss Big Data LDN 2018, 13-14 November - Oct 22, 2018.
Big Data LDN is the UK’s largest free to attend data and analytics conference & exhibition and will take place on 13-14 November 2018 at Olympia London. The event is essential for those wanting to build an bright data-driven future for their business.
Big Data, London, Michael Stonebraker, UK
- New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? - Oct 12, 2018.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Please vote and we will analyze the trends and publish the results.
Big Data, Datasets, Largest, Poll
- BIG, small or Right Data: Which is the proper focus? - Oct 8, 2018.
For most businesses, having and using big data is either impossible, impractical, costly to justify, or difficult to outsource due to the over demand of qualified resources. So, what are the benefits of using small data?
Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Data Analytics, Small Data
- Things you should know when traveling via the Big Data Engineering hype-train - Oct 8, 2018.
Maybe you want to join the Big Data world? Or maybe you are already there and want to validate your knowledge? Or maybe you just want to know what Big Data Engineers do and what skills they use? If so, you may find the following article quite useful.
Big Data, Big Data Hype, Data Engineering, Hype
- Big Data Day Camp: Big Data Tools & Techniques (October 25-26) - Oct 4, 2018.
Learn how to use data to make wise, actionable data driven decisions! Our first 2-day camp, Big Data Tools & Techniques, is October 25-26 at Qualcomm Institute, UCSD.
Apache Spark, Big Data, Deep Learning, Hadoop, Kafka
- 10 Big Data Trends You Should Know - Sep 17, 2018.
A collection of Big Data trends to familiarize yourself with, covering IoT Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Dark Data and more.
AI, Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Chatbot, Dark Data, Data Analytics, IoT, Open Source, Trends
- Hadoop for Beginners - Sep 12, 2018.
An introduction to Hadoop, a framework that enables you to store and process large data sets in parallel and distributed fashion.
Beginners, Big Data, Hadoop
- Three Ways Big Data and Machine Learning Reinvent Online Video Experience - Aug 31, 2018.
With traditional TV viewing on the decline, we discuss several ways Big Data and Machine Learning can assist with online video, including redefining user recommendations, improving video buffering and leveraging MAM orchestration.
Big Data, Machine Learning, Netflix
- The future of Big Data, Machine Learning and Data Visualization in Europe - Aug 21, 2018.
Learn more about the hottest trends that are shaping the future and beyond at Big Data Summits in London and Barcelona. Deep dive into the topics that will shake up your industry and encourage innovation at your company. Enjoy £250 off all two-day events with code KD250.
Barcelona, Big Data, Data Visualization, Enterprise, Europe, Innovation, London, Machine Learning, Spain, UK
- Interpreting a data set, beginning to end - Aug 20, 2018.
Detailed knowledge of your data is key to understanding it! We review several important methods that to understand the data, including summary statistics with visualization, embedding methods like PCA and t-SNE, and Topological Data Analysis.
Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, SAS, Statistics, t-SNE
- Big Data Innovation & Data Visualization Summits, Boston, September 11-12 - Aug 7, 2018.
Cover all things within the realm of Big Data Innovation and Data Visualization as you advance your learning, knowledge and understanding on areas including: Use code KD200 to save.
Big Data, Big Data Summit, Boston, Data Visualization, IE Group, Innovation, MA
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: August and Beyond - Aug 2, 2018.
Coming soon: TDWI Anaheim, JupyterCon NYC, VLDB Rio, ODSC India, KDD 2018 London, AI Conference San Francisco, Big Data Innovation Boston, Strata Data NYC, and many more.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Boston, Chicago, Data Science, London, Meetings, New York City, San Francisco, Singapore
- Big Data a $4.7 Billion opportunity in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry - Jul 31, 2018.
This post contains some of the key findings from the SNS Telecom & IT's latest report, which indicates that Big Data investments in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry are expected to reach nearly $4.7 Billion by the end of 2018.
Big Data, Healthcare, Pharma
- Best Deal in the Galaxy? Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference NYC, Sep 11-13, 2018 - Jul 30, 2018.
Cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect and merge at Strata Data Conference. Win KDnuggets Pass - submit your entry by Aug 9, 2018.
Big Data, Business, New York, New York City, Strata
- 5 reasons data analytics are falling short - Jul 30, 2018.
When it comes to big data, possession is not enough. Comprehensive intelligence is the key. But traditional data analytics paradigms simply cannot deliver on the promise of data-driven insights. Here’s why.
Big Data, Data Analytics, Failure, SQream
- From Insights to Value in 90 Minutes – with Snowflake, July 12 Webinar - Jul 2, 2018.
Learn How to Accelerate Data Warehouse Modernization at a Low Cost.
BI, Big Data, BigData Dimension, Data Warehouse, ETL
- Las Vegas Data Innovation Summits - Jun 28, 2018.
We're bringing together 200+ leaders from the data & analytics industry for you to network, learn and to discuss the latest trends, topics & opportunities. Use code KD300 to save.
Big Data, Business Analytics, IE Group, Innovation, Las Vegas, NV, Summit
- Introducing WSO2 Stream Processor - Jun 25, 2018.
WSO2 Stream Processor is an open source, lightweight, Streaming SQL based platform that enables you to do running aggregations, to detect patterns, and to generate alerts on data streams in real-time.
Big Data, Data Analytics, Insights, Realtime Analytics, Streaming Analytics, WSO2
- The What, Where and How of Data for Data Science - Jun 12, 2018.
Here we will take data science apart and build it back up to a coherent and manageable concept. Bear with us!
Big Data, Data Science
- Big Data Toronto Brings Canada to the Centre Stage in Big Data and AI - Jun 4, 2018.
The Big Data Toronto conference and expo is back for its 3rd edition on Jun 12-13, 2018 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Big Data focuses on the skills, software and leadership needed to implement data insights & AI Toronto is dedicated to Toronto’s growing AI and deep learning communities.
AI, Big Data, Canada, Toronto
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: June 2018 and Beyond - Jun 1, 2018.
Coming soon: Mega-PAW Las Vegas, Spark + AI Summit SF, CogX London, Big Data Toronto Big Data Toronto Conference and Expo, ICDM/MLDM NYC, and many more.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Boston, Las Vegas, London, Meetings, New York City, Singapore
- Event Processing: Three Important Open Problems - May 28, 2018.
This article summarizes the three most important problems to be solved in event processing. The facts in this article are supported by a recent survey and an analysis conducted on the industry trends.
Big Data, Data Analytics, Insights, Real-time, SQL, Streaming Analytics
- YouTube videos on database management, SQL, Datawarehousing, Business Intelligence, OLAP, Big Data, NoSQL databases, data quality, data governance and Analytics – free - May 18, 2018.
Watch over 20 hours of YouTube videos on databases and database design, Physical Data Storage, Transaction Management and Database Access, and Data Warehousing, Data Governance and (Big) Data Analytics - all free.
Analytics, Bart Baesens, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Warehousing, Databases, NoSQL, SQL, Youtube
- The Executive Guide to Data Science and Machine Learning - May 10, 2018.
This article provides a short introductory guide for executives curious about data science or commonly used terms they may encounter when working with their data team. It may also be of interest to other business professionals who are collaborating with data teams or trying to learn data science within their unit.
Big Data, Business, Data Science, Machine Learning
- Las Vegas Data Innovation Festival, July 17-18 - May 8, 2018.
Why should be in Vegas? Network with other professionals, learn at 50+ technical sessions, talk to speakers and top experts, and enjoy the city!
Big Data, Business Analytics, IE Group, Innovation, Las Vegas
- Presto for Data Scientists – SQL on anything - Apr 19, 2018.
Presto enables data scientists to run interactive SQL across multiple data sources. This open source engine supports querying anything, anywhere, and at large scale.
Big Data, Database, Presto, SQL
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: April and Beyond - Apr 3, 2018.
Coming soon: AnacondaCON Austin, QCon.ai SF, INFORMS Baltimore, AI Conference NYC, Data Science Salon Dallas, AI Expo Global London, ODSC Boston, and many more.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Boston, Data Science, London, Machine Learning, Meetings, New York City, San Francisco
- How does business intelligence & data analytics drive business value? - Mar 21, 2018.
The concept of big data has gained traction & ingrained itself in commercial consciousness. Learn the value of business intelligence & data analytics.
Big Data, Data Analytics, MBA, Nottingham Trent University, Online Education
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n12, Mar 21: Will GDPR Make Machine Learning Illegal?; 5 Things You Need to Know about Big Data - Mar 21, 2018.
Also: A Beginner's Guide to Data Engineering - Part II; Introduction to Optimization with Genetic Algorithm; Introduction to Markov Chains; Your free 70-page guide to a career in data science
Big Data, Data Engineering, Data Science, GDPR, Machine Learning, Markov Chains, Optimization
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Big Data - Mar 16, 2018.
We take a look at five things you need to know about Big Data.
3Vs of Big Data, Big Data, Careers, Education, Industry
- 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2018.
For the 2018 international women's day, we profile 18 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Analytics, Big Data , Data science, and Machine Learning areas.
AI, Big Data, Carla Gentry, Data Science, Fei-Fei Li, Hilary Mason, Jill Dyche, Meta Brown, Monica Rogati, Women
- [eBook] Solving 4 Big Problems in Data Science - Mar 6, 2018.
Insights and tools from leading data science teams to accelerate results.
Apache Spark, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Databricks, Deployment, ebook
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: March and Beyond - Mar 2, 2018.
Coming soon: Strata San Jose, IBM Think Las Vegas, KNIME Spring Summit Berlin, Predictive Analytics Innovation London, ICDIS Texas, AnacondaCON Austin, and many more.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Boston, Las Vegas, London, Meetings, New York City, San Francisco
- Resurgence of AI During 1983-2010 - Feb 16, 2018.
We discuss supervised learning, unsupervised learning and reinforcement learning, neural networks, and 6 reasons that helped AI Research and Development to move ahead.
AI, Big Data, History, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Reinforcement Learning, Trends
- Big Data: Promises, Challenges and Threats - Feb 16, 2018.
Marketing researchers are wondering what lies ahead for big data. Marketing Scientist Kevin Gray asks Professor Koen Pauwels for his thoughts.
Big Data, Challenges, Threats
- 2018 IEEE Big Data Cup - Feb 16, 2018.
The IEEE Big Data conference series started in 2013 has established itself as the top tier research conference in Big Data. We invite industrial, government, and academic organizations to submit proposals to organize a Data Challenge for the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
Big Data, Challenge, Competition, IEEE
- Upcoming Meetings in AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning: February and Beyond - Feb 2, 2018.
Coming soon: TDWI Las Vegas, BI + Analytics Huntington Beach, Strata San Jose, IBM Think Las Vegas, Big Data & Analytics Singapore, KNIME Berlin, Nvidia GPU, and more.
AI, Analytics, Big Data, Las Vegas, London, Meetings
- Exclusive Interview: Doug Laney on Big Data and Infonomics - Jan 25, 2018.
We discuss 3Vs of Big Data; Infonomics and many aspects of monetizing information including promising analytics methods, successful companies, main challenges; Information marketplaces and why data ownership concept is misguided, and more.
3Vs of Big Data, Big Data, Doug Laney, Infonomics, Marketplace, Privacy
- Four Big Data Trends for 2018 - Jan 25, 2018.
Curious about the future of Big Data and AI? Here’s what the trends have it in 2018 for innovations.
2018 Predictions, AI, Big Data, Chatbot, Explainable AI, IoT, Trends
- Online MSc in Applied Data Science, Big Data – part-time, small, private - Jan 18, 2018.
DSTI mission is simple: training executive students to become ready-to-go Data Scientists and Big Data Analysts. Check our small private online course programme.
Big Data, DSTI, MS in Data Science, Online Education
- Introductory Data Concepts: Fantastic Video Tutorials from Ronald van Loon - Jan 8, 2018.
Check out these introductory data videos from noted expert and influencer Ronald van Loon.
AI, Analytics, Beginners, Big Data, Machine Learning, Ronald van Loon
- Supercharging Visualization with Apache Arrow - Jan 5, 2018.
Interactive visualization of large datasets on the web has traditionally been impractical. Apache Arrow provides a new way to exchange and visualize data at unprecedented speed and scale.
Apache Arrow, Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Dremio, GPU, Graphistry, Open Source
- How Nonprofits Can Benefit from the Power of Data Science - Jan 3, 2018.
Nonprofits can use analytics to boost their fundraising efforts, measure and monitor the impact of their activities, build predictive models, optimize allocation of funds, and more
Big Data, Data Science, Social Good
- Back to the Future: 2018 Big Data and Data Science Prognostications - Jan 3, 2018.
It’s really hard to find predictions about the future made in the 1950’s. I decided to review the most popular sci-fi movies from 1950’s, and provide my perspective as to what these movies might tell us about 2018.
2018 Predictions, Big Data, Data Science
- Simple Ways Of Working With Medium To Big Data Locally - Dec 27, 2017.
An overview of the installation and implementation of simple techniques for working with large datasets in your machine.
Big Data, iPhone, Python, R, SAS
- Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference San Jose, Mar 5-8, 2018 - Dec 20, 2017.
Cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect and merge at Strata Data Conference. Win KDnuggets Pass - submit your entry by Jan 3, 2018.
Big Data, Business, CA, San Jose, Strata
- 70 Amazing Free Data Sources You Should Know - Dec 20, 2017.
70 free data sources for 2017 on government, crime, health, financial and economic data, marketing and social media, journalism and media, real estate, company directory and review, and more to start working on your data projects.
Big Data, Business, Crime, Datasets, Finance, Government, Health, Journalism, Octoparse, Social Media
- How Big Data and New Technologies Are Changing Aging - Dec 14, 2017.
Big data and new technologies are changing the healthcare industry and the aging process as we know it; and for now, that seems to be a move in the right direction.
Aging, Big Data, Healthcare, Smart City, Wearables
- Unlock Machine Learning for the New Speed and Scale of Business - Dec 8, 2017.
Learn how Vertica in-database machine learning supports the entire predictive analytics process with, with MPP, SQL execution, R, Python, Java and more - get the whitepaper.
Big Data, Database, Machine Learning, MPP Database, SQL, Vertica, White Paper
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n46, Dec 6: Why You Should Forget for-loop for Data Science Code; Reinforcement Learning: Exclusive Interview with Rich Sutton; Big Data Key Trends - Dec 6, 2017.
Also Big Data: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; Exclusive: My interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning; Understanding Deep Convolutional Neural Networks with a practical use-case in Tensorflow and Keras.
2018 Predictions, Big Data, Data Science Tools, Reinforcement Learning, Trends
- Big Data: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 5, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
2018 Predictions, Big Data, Bill Inmon, Bill Schmarzo, Doug Laney, James Kobielus, Matei Zaharia, Meta Brown, Predictions, Ronald van Loon, Trends, Yves Mulkers
- Graph Analytics Using Big Data - Dec 4, 2017.
An overview and a small tutorial showing how to analyze a dataset using Apache Spark, graphframes, and Java.
Pages: 1 2
Apache Spark, Big Data, Graph Analytics, India, Java
- Did Spark Really Kill Hadoop? - Nov 22, 2017.
A comprehensive survey conducted by iDatalabs shows us the trends of the future of these two Data Science technologies.
Apache Spark, Big Data, Hadoop, iDatalabs
- PySpark SQL Cheat Sheet: Big Data in Python - Nov 16, 2017.
PySpark is a Spark Python API that exposes the Spark programming model to Python - With it, you can speed up analytic applications. With Spark, you can get started with big data processing, as it has built-in modules for streaming, SQL, machine learning and graph processing.
Pages: 1 2
Apache Spark, Big Data, DataCamp, Python, SQL
- Are You Ready for the Future of Data? - Nov 3, 2017.
Join us at TDWI Orlando, Dec 3-8, where we bring the future of data and analytics to life. KDnuggets Readers Save 20% when you register by November 17 with priority code KDSUN.
Analytics, Big Data, FL, Orlando, TDWI