- KDnuggets™ News 21:n05, Feb 3: How to Get a Job as a Data Scientist; Popular Machine Learning Interview Questions, part 2 - Feb 3, 2021.
Learn how to get a job as Data Scientist; it will help if you study popular machine learning interview questions; Beyond the Nash Equilibrium: DeepMind Clever Strategy to Solve Asymmetric Games; Understanding Bayes Theorem; and more.
- Beyond the Nash Equilibrium: DeepMind Clever Strategy to Solve Asymmetric Games - Feb 1, 2021.
The method expands the concept of a Nash equilibrium by decomposing an asymmetric game into multiple symmetric games.
- DeepMind’s MuZero is One of the Most Important Deep Learning Systems Ever Created - Jan 4, 2021.
MuZero takes a unique approach to solve the problem of planning in deep learning models.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n41, Oct 28: Difference Between Junior and Senior Data Scientists; Ain’t No Such a Thing as a Citizen Data Scientist - Oct 28, 2020.
The unspoken difference between junior and senior data scientists; Ain't No Such a Thing as a Citizen Data Scientist; How to become a Data Scientist: a step-by-step guide; Good-bye Big Data. Hello, Massive Data!; DeepMind Relies on this Old Statistical Method to Build Fair Machine Learning Models
- DeepMind Relies on this Old Statistical Method to Build Fair Machine Learning Models - Oct 23, 2020.
Causal Bayesian Networks are used to model the influence of fairness attributes in a dataset.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n36, Sep 23: New Poll: What Python IDE / Editor you used the most in 2020?; Automating Every Aspect of Your Python Project - Sep 23, 2020.
New Poll: What Python IDE / Editor you used the most in 2020?; Automating Every Aspect of Your Python Project; Autograd: The Best Machine Learning Library You're Not Using?; Implementing a Deep Learning Library from Scratch in Python; Online Certificates/Courses in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning; Can Neural Networks Show Imagination?
- Can Neural Networks Show Imagination? DeepMind Thinks They Can - Sep 16, 2020.
DeepMind has done some of the relevant work in the area of simulating imagination in deep learning systems.
- A Curious Theory About the Consciousness Debate in AI - Aug 31, 2020.
Dr. Michio Kaku has formulated a very interesting theory of consciousness that applies to AI systems.
- DeepMind’s Three Pillars for Building Robust Machine Learning Systems - Aug 24, 2020.
Specification Testing, Robust Training and Formal Verification are three elements that the AI powerhouse believe hold the essence of robust machine learning models.
- Learning by Forgetting: Deep Neural Networks and the Jennifer Aniston Neuron - Jun 25, 2020.
DeepMind’s research shows how to understand the role of individual neurons in a neural network.
- Deepmind’s Gaming Streak: The Rise of AI Dominance - May 27, 2020.
There is still a long way to go before machine agents match overall human gaming prowess, but Deepmind’s gaming research focus has shown a clear progression of substantial progress.
- DeepMind’s Suggestions for Learning #AtHomeWithAI - May 13, 2020.
DeepMind has been sharing resources for learning AI at home on their Twitter account. Check out a few of these suggestions here, and keep your eye on the #AtHomeWithAI hashtag for more.
- DeepMind Unveils Agent57, the First AI Agents that Outperforms Human Benchmarks in 57 Atari Games - Apr 13, 2020.
The new reinforcement learning agent innovates over previous architectures achieving one of the most important milestones in the AI space.
- What just happened in the world of AI? - Dec 12, 2019.
The speed at which AI made advancements and news during 2019 makes it imperative now to step back and place these events into order and perspective. It's important to separate the interest that any one advancement initially attracts, from its actual gravity and its consequential influence on the field. This review unfolds the parallel threads of these AI stories over this year and isolates their significance.
- DeepMind Unveils MuZero, a New Agent that Mastered Chess, Shogi, Atari and Go Without Knowing the Rules - Dec 9, 2019.
The new model showed great improvements over the previous AlphaZero agent.
- The Reinforcement-Learning Methods that Allow AlphaStar to Outcompete Almost All Human Players at StarCraft II - Nov 18, 2019.
The new AlphaStar achieved Grandmaster level at StarCraft II overcoming some of the limitations of the previous version. How did it do it?
- DeepMind is Using This Old Technique to Evaluate Fairness in Machine Learning Models - Oct 28, 2019.
Visualizing the datasets is an essential component to identify potential sources of bias and unfairness. DeepMind relied on a method called Causal Bayesian networks (CBNs) to represent and estimate unfairness in a dataset.
- Recreating Imagination: DeepMind Builds Neural Networks that Spontaneously Replay Past Experiences - Oct 3, 2019.
DeepMind researchers created a model to be able to replay past experiences in a way that simulate the mechanisms in the hippocampus.
- DeepMind Has Quietly Open Sourced Three New Impressive Reinforcement Learning Frameworks - Sep 30, 2019.
Three new releases that will help researchers streamline the implementation of reinforcement learning programs.
- How DeepMind and Waymo are Using Evolutionary Competition to Train Self-Driving Vehicles - Sep 9, 2019.
Recently, Alphabet’s subsidiaries Waymo and DeepMind partnered to find a more efficient process to train self-driving vehicles algorithms and their work took them back to one of the cornerstones of our history as species: evolution.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n27, Jul 24: Bayesian deep learning and near-term quantum computers; DeepMind’s CASP13 Protein Folding Upset Summary - Jul 24, 2019.
This week on KDnuggets: Learn how DeepMind dominated the last CASP competition for advancing protein folding models; Bayesian deep learning and near-term quantum computers: A cautionary tale in quantum machine learning; The Evolution of a ggplot; Adapters: A Compact and Extensible Transfer Learning Method for NLP; 12 Things I Learned During My First Year as a Machine Learning Engineer; Things I Learned From the SciPy 2019 Lightning Talks; and much more!
- A Summary of DeepMind’s Protein Folding Upset at CASP13 - Jul 17, 2019.
Learn how DeepMind dominated the last CASP competition for advancing protein folding models. Their approach using gradient descent is today's state of the art for predicting the 3D structure of a protein knowing only its comprising amino acid compounds.
- The Emergence of Cooperative and Competitive AI Agents - Jun 19, 2019.
Without specific training in collaboration or competition, a recent AI model from DeepMind uses reinforcement learning to evolve these behaviors in game-playing agents. Learn how this emergent collective intelligence outperforms their human counterparts in 3D multiplayer games.
- How Machine Learning is Advancing Data Centers - Feb 26, 2018.
Big Data revolution led to the explosion in Data Centers, which are consuming energy at increasingly higher rate. This blog reviews 2 standard methods for improving data center efficiency and argues that 3rd method - Machine Learning - is the best solution.
- Age of AI Conference 2018 – Day 1 Highlights - Feb 21, 2018.
Here are some of the highlights from the first day of the Age of AI Conference, January 31, at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Pages: 1 2
- Exclusive: Interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning - Dec 5, 2017.
My exclusive interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning, on RL, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, 2nd edition of his book, Deep Learning, Prediction Learning, AlphaGo, Artificial General Intelligence, and more.
- AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI - Oct 27, 2017.
The previous version of AlphaGo beat the human world champion in 2016. The new AlphaGo Zero beat the previous version by 100 games to 0, and learned Go completely on its own. We examine what this means for AI.
- New Breakthroughs from DeepMind – Relational Networks and Visual Interaction Networks - Sep 12, 2017.
Such relational intelligence separates artificial intelligence systems with human cognition. DeepMind, the creators of AlphaGo, quietly published two groundbreaking research papers into this area, demonstrating a way to train relational reasoning using deep neural networks.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Andrew Ng is back at it; Reinforcement Learning makes a splash; Fixing your ANN - Sep 8, 2017.
Andrew Ng announces new Deep Learning specialization on Coursera; DeepMind and Blizzard open StarCraft II as an AI research environment; OpenAI bot beat best Dota 2 players in 1v1 at The International 2017; My Neural Network isn't working! What should I do?; Deep Learning Neural Networks Play Path of Exile
- DeepMind Relational Reasoning Networks Demystified - Aug 15, 2017.
Every time DeepMind publishes a new paper, there is frenzied media coverage around it. We examine what is and is not real in recent work described as “DeepMind Neural Network Can Make Sense of Objects Around It”.
- Learn from DeepMind at Deep Learning, AI Assistant Summits London, Sep 21-22 - Jul 25, 2017.
We’d like to update you on RE•WORK’s Deep Learning Global Summit Series and the upcoming summits in London this September. We have an exclusive code to give KDnuggets readers discounted tickets to these events as well as on-demand content and expert interviews.
- Women in Tech: Interview with DeepMind’s Silvia Chiappa - Jun 5, 2017.
We interview leading women in STEM to learn more about how we can all work to make science and technology industries more inclusive. How can more women be encouraged to work in these fields?
- Advances in AI & Deep Learning: DeepMind, Facebook & OpenAI - May 4, 2017.
RE•WORK would like to update KDnuggets readers on their upcoming European events, as discounted tickets end next week, and share their on-demand content and expert interviews! For 20% off pass prices for all RE•WORK events, use discount code KDNUGGETS.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, 2016: Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment - Jan 11, 2017.
Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment; Huggable Image Classifier; xkcd: Linear Regression; AlphaGO WINS!; TensorFlow Fizzbuzz
- Deep Learning Works Great Because the Universe, Physics and the Game of Go are Vastly Simpler than Prior Models and Have Exploitable Patterns - Dec 16, 2016.
How is Deep Learning experiencing such success solving complex problems? Deep Learning is useful and powerful but it is also that the problems were not as big or as hard as researchers feared when they were unsolved.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: StarCraft II for AI Research; Google AI Experiments Website; Google in Montreal - Dec 5, 2016.
DeepMind and Blizzard to release StarCraft II as an AI research environment; Google AI Experiments Website; Google opens new Montreal-based AI research lab; Lip Reading Sentences in the Wild; Clean implementations of machine learning algorithms
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, October: NSFW Image Recognition, Differentiable Neural Computers, Hinton on Coursera - Nov 4, 2016.
NSFW Image Recognition, Differentiable Neural Computers, Hinton's Neural Networks for Machine Learning Coursera course; Introducing the AI Open Network; Making a Self-driving RC Car
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: July Update - Aug 29, 2016.
Check out this thorough roundup of deep learning stories that made news in July. See if there are any items of note you missed.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Google Brain AMA, Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal, Hinton ANN Course Lives! - Aug 2, 2016.
Google Brain AMA; Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal; Geoff Hinton's ANN Course Lives; Google’s DeepMind Reduces Data Center Cooling Bill; Training an artificial neural network to play Diablo 2
- AlphaGo is not the solution to AI - Mar 21, 2016.
The field will be better off without an bust cycle it is important for people to keep and inform a balanced view of successes and their extent. AlphoGo might be a step forward for the AI community, but it is still no way close to the true AI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 07-15: Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning - Mar 16, 2016.
Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning; 4 Lessons for Brilliant #DataVisualization; 12 Apps with a Billion+ active Users - less time now to get to 1B users;Timeline of Artificial Intelligence #AI victories, 1997-3041, Chess, Jeopardy, Go.
- Deep Learning and Startups: Notes on Rework Conference, San Francisco - Feb 17, 2016.
The Rework Deep Learning conference came to San Francisco this past January, and showcased both prominent deep learning researchers and startups. Get an overview of the proceedings with notes from an attendee.
Pages: 1 2
- The Top A.I. Breakthroughs of 2015 - Feb 2, 2016.
Learn about the biggest developments of 2015 in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Pages: 1 2 3
- AI Supercomputers: Microsoft Oxford, IBM Watson, Google DeepMind, Baidu Minwa - Feb 1, 2016.
In the world of AI, this is the equivalent of the US and USSR competing to put their guy on the moon first. Here is a profile of some of the giants locked into the AI space race.
- Google’s Great Gains in the Grand Game of Go - Feb 1, 2016.
The game of Go has long stumped AI researchers, and, as such, solving it was thought to be years off. That is, until Google solved it earlier this week. Or did it?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, October: Machine learning video course, neural nets evaluate selfies - Nov 2, 2015.
Machine learning video lectures, deep nets evaluate selfies, Google focusing on machine learning, DeepMind's huge text dataset made available, implement a recurrent neural net, and open source face recognition with Google's FaceNet.
- Cognitive Computing: Solving the Big Data Problem? - Jun 12, 2015.
With a shortage of data scientists, what are the alternatives for making sense of Big Data? We examine Cognitive Computing, its strengths, and how it can fit into the current Big Data landscape.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 22-28: Deep Learning flaws & Security, DeepMind Publications, and Keras - Mar 30, 2015.
Computer Vision security issues, DeepMind, statistics with Python, hacking on neural networks, and Keras, a neural network library are all topics on top of /r/MachineLearning this week.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 1-7: Stanford Deep Learning for NLP, Machine Learning with Scikit-learn - Mar 9, 2015.
This week on /r/MachineLearning, we have a new NLP-focused deep learning course from Stanford, an introduction to scikit-learn, visualization of music collections, an implementation of DeepMind, and NLP using deep learning and Torch.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Feb 22-28: Jurgen Schmidhuber AMA and Machine Learning Done Wrong - Mar 4, 2015.
The Jürgen Schmidhuber AMA begins taking questions, machine learning done wrong, GPUs for deep learning, Google opens its native MapReduce capabilities, and Google publishes its DeepMind paper this week on /r/MachineLearning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 19-25: Facebook open sources its Deep Learning tools; Intro to Python and IPython for Data Mining - Jan 26, 2015.
Very useful: Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining; Chart Type #CheatSheet: The Guide to Chart Design; Optimizing optimization algorithms; How to Choose between learning #Python or R? You can't go wrong.
- Deep Learning in a Nutshell – what it is, how it works, why care? - Jan 12, 2015.
Deep learning and neural networks are increasingly important concepts in computer science with great strides being made by large companies like Google and startups like DeepMind.
- Stanford’s AI100: Century-Long Study on Effects of Artificial Intelligence on Human Life - Dec 26, 2014.
Stanford unveils new 100 year study on the impact of artificial intelligence, particularly on democracy, privacy, the military. Surprisingly, perspectives from outside the AI community are absent from the initial panel.
- Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything - Dec 1, 2014.
A review of Dr. Geoffrey Hinton’s Ask Me Anything on Reddit. He talked about his current research and his thought on some deep learning issues.
- How Deep Learning Analytics Mimic the Mind - Mar 19, 2014.
There has been a lot of buzz surrounding the potential impact deep learning will have in the field of analytics. This post looks at the origins of deep learning.
- January Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Companies and Startups Activity - Feb 3, 2014.
January 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DeepMind, Avigilon, TaKaDu, Nest, Path, FirstFuel, API Healthcare, Kana Software, ImgUR, IMS Health.