- AGI and the Future of Humanity - Jul 13, 2021.
The possibilities for humanity's future very likely includes at least one in which computers will exceed human abilities. Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) does not necessarily have to be all doom and gloom. However, we must begin now to understand how this technical evolution might progress and consider what actions to take now to prepare.
- AI Books you should read in 2021 - May 27, 2021.
As of late, every year seems to be a "break-out" year for AI. So, it's time for you to get ready for the future in the age of automation. This collection of books will help you prepare for the many opportunities to come, many of which may not have yet been imagined.
- An Introduction to AI, updated - Oct 28, 2020.
We provide an introduction to key concepts and methods in AI, covering Machine Learning and Deep Learning, with an updated extensive list that includes Narrow AI, Super Intelligence, and Classic Artificial Intelligence, as well as recent ideas of NeuroSymbolic AI, Neuroevolution, and Federated Learning.
- Beyond the Turing Test - Aug 28, 2020.
With more advancements in AI, it might be time to replace the age-old Turing Test with something better to determine if a machine is thinking. Specifically, a more modern approach might include standard questions designed to probe various facets of intelligence, and comparing the computer to a spectrum of human respondents of different ages, sexes, backgrounds, and abilities.
- Introducing Brain Simulator II: A New Platform for AGI Experimentation - Apr 29, 2020.
A growing consensus of researchers contend that new algorithms are needed to transform narrow AI to AGI. Brain Simulator II is free software for new algorithm development targeted at AGI that you can experiment with and participate in its development.
- 3 Reasons Why We Are Far From Achieving Artificial General Intelligence - Apr 23, 2020.
How far we are from achieving Artificial General Intelligence? We answer this through the study of three limitations of current machine learning.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference SF, Day 1: Domain Specific Architectures, Emerging China, AI Risks - Oct 29, 2018.
Highlights and key takeaways include Domain Specific Architectures – the next big thing, Emerging China – evolving from copying ideas to true innovation, and Addressing Risks in AI – Security, Privacy, and Ethics.
- Is an AI /machine-driven world better than a human driven world? - Mar 7, 2018.
On the positive side of AI we have a prospect of self-driving cars, and other benefits, and thru education humans can evolve and improve. The risks include loss of jobs, growing inequality, dealing with superintelligence.
- The Current Hype Cycle in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 28, 2018.
Over the past decade, the field of artificial intelligence (AI) has seen striking developments. As surveyed in, there now exist over twenty domains in which AI programs are performing at least as well as (if not better than) humans.
- The AGI/Deep Learning Connection - Feb 1, 2018.
Also, deep learning would definitely prove to be an essential component to create truly intelligent machines but probably not enough alone.
- Data Science in 30 minutes, Artificial General Intelligence, and Answers to your Questions - Jan 22, 2018.
I recently was on a "Data Science in 30 minutes webcast", but there were interesting ideas and questions we did not have time to cover adequately. Here is a summary.
- Top 10 TED Talks for Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers - Jan 10, 2018.
A comprehensive and diverse compilation of TED talks to understand the big picture of AI and Machine Learning.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in less than 50 years, say KDnuggets readers - Jan 5, 2018.
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) will likely be achieved in less than 50 years, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. The median estimate from all regions was 21-50 years, except in Asia where AGI is expected in 11-20 years.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n48, Dec 20: Machine Learning 2017 Key Trends; New Poll: When is AGI Coming?; AI Year End Roundup - Dec 20, 2017.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved?; Xavier Amatriain's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python; Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist
- New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved? - Dec 18, 2017.
When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved, if ever? Please vote in new KDnuggets Poll.
- Exclusive: Interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning - Dec 5, 2017.
My exclusive interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning, on RL, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, 2nd edition of his book, Deep Learning, Prediction Learning, AlphaGo, Artificial General Intelligence, and more.
- Voices in AI – great conversations with leaders in AI, Machine Learning, Data Science - Oct 19, 2017.
New Voices in AI podcast features conversations with top thinkers in the field, including Yoshua Bengio, Oren Etzioni, Jeff Dean, Daphne Koller, and Nick Bostrom. I am very honored to be in such company (on episode 11).
- Will AI kill us all after taking our jobs? - Sep 15, 2017.
We are now in the middle of an AI hype wave which will decline. This is why I think that AI will take 100 or more years to become sentient, only after completely different AI systems will be created.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning, Artificial Intuition and the Quest for AGI - Feb 20, 2017.
Deep Learning systems exhibit behavior that appears biological despite not being based on biological material. It so happens that humanity has luckily stumbled upon Artificial Intuition in the form of Deep Learning.
- What You Are Too Afraid to Ask About Artificial Intelligence (Part II): Neuroscience - Dec 14, 2016.
As a followup to Part 1, which covered the advancements in machine learning, this post gives considers comprehension of the brain mechanisms. We have an ever-increasing understanding of brain processes, which may help to foster the development of an AGI.