- Key Takeaways from AI Conference SF, Day 1: Domain Specific Architectures, Emerging China, AI Risks - Oct 29, 2018.
Highlights and key takeaways include Domain Specific Architectures – the next big thing, Emerging China – evolving from copying ideas to true innovation, and Addressing Risks in AI – Security, Privacy, and Ethics.
- Is an AI /machine-driven world better than a human driven world? - Mar 7, 2018.
On the positive side of AI we have a prospect of self-driving cars, and other benefits, and thru education humans can evolve and improve. The risks include loss of jobs, growing inequality, dealing with superintelligence.
- The Current Hype Cycle in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 28, 2018.
Over the past decade, the field of artificial intelligence (AI) has seen striking developments. As surveyed in, there now exist over twenty domains in which AI programs are performing at least as well as (if not better than) humans.
- The AGI/Deep Learning Connection - Feb 1, 2018.
Also, deep learning would definitely prove to be an essential component to create truly intelligent machines but probably not enough alone.
- Data Science in 30 minutes, Artificial General Intelligence, and Answers to your Questions - Jan 22, 2018.
I recently was on a "Data Science in 30 minutes webcast", but there were interesting ideas and questions we did not have time to cover adequately. Here is a summary.
- Top 10 TED Talks for Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers - Jan 10, 2018.
A comprehensive and diverse compilation of TED talks to understand the big picture of AI and Machine Learning.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in less than 50 years, say KDnuggets readers - Jan 5, 2018.
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) will likely be achieved in less than 50 years, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. The median estimate from all regions was 21-50 years, except in Asia where AGI is expected in 11-20 years.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n48, Dec 20: Machine Learning 2017 Key Trends; New Poll: When is AGI Coming?; AI Year End Roundup - Dec 20, 2017.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved?; Xavier Amatriain's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python; Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist
- New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved? - Dec 18, 2017.
When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved, if ever? Please vote in new KDnuggets Poll.
- Exclusive: Interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning - Dec 5, 2017.
My exclusive interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning, on RL, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, 2nd edition of his book, Deep Learning, Prediction Learning, AlphaGo, Artificial General Intelligence, and more.
- Voices in AI – great conversations with leaders in AI, Machine Learning, Data Science - Oct 19, 2017.
New Voices in AI podcast features conversations with top thinkers in the field, including Yoshua Bengio, Oren Etzioni, Jeff Dean, Daphne Koller, and Nick Bostrom. I am very honored to be in such company (on episode 11).
- Will AI kill us all after taking our jobs? - Sep 15, 2017.
We are now in the middle of an AI hype wave which will decline. This is why I think that AI will take 100 or more years to become sentient, only after completely different AI systems will be created.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning, Artificial Intuition and the Quest for AGI - Feb 20, 2017.
Deep Learning systems exhibit behavior that appears biological despite not being based on biological material. It so happens that humanity has luckily stumbled upon Artificial Intuition in the form of Deep Learning.
- What You Are Too Afraid to Ask About Artificial Intelligence (Part II): Neuroscience - Dec 14, 2016.
As a followup to Part 1, which covered the advancements in machine learning, this post gives considers comprehension of the brain mechanisms. We have an ever-increasing understanding of brain processes, which may help to foster the development of an AGI.