- Data Profession Job Satisfaction: Beware Of The Drop - Apr 16, 2021.
Latest KDnuggets Poll results: The Job satisfaction has declined for ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts, but remained the same for Data Engineers, and Managers/Directors. Data Scientist job satisfaction has an alarming drop in mid-career. Finally, which regions have the highest and lowest job satisfactions?
- Hiring or Looking to Get Hired in Data Science/Analytics? The INFORMS Virtual Career Fair is for You - Mar 31, 2021.
Hiring or looking to get hired in Data Science / Analytics? The INFORMS Virtual Career Fair, April 13, is for you. Register today!
- Why So Many Data Scientists Quit Good Jobs at Great Companies - Mar 30, 2021.
The role of the Data Scientist continues to offer many great opportunities as a career. However, the 'sexiest job of the 21st century' has lost some of its appeal because of unrealized expectations and how organizations might leverage this type of work. Having a better understanding of how data science typically plays out in the business world can help you achieve the success you want.
- How to Get Data Science Interviews: Finding Jobs, Reaching Gatekeepers, and Getting Referrals - Feb 8, 2021.
In this post, the author shares what to do to get job interviews efficiently. Find answers to these questions: Where should I look for data science jobs? How do I reach out to the gatekeeper? How do I get referrals? What makes a good data science resume?
- Is Data Science for Me? 14 Self-examination Questions to Consider - Nov 17, 2020.
You are intrigued by this exciting new field of Data Science, and you think you want in on the action. The demand remains very high and the salaries are strong. Before taking the leap onto this path, these questions will help you evaluate if you are ready for the challenges and opportunities.
- Getting A Data Science Job is Harder Than Ever – How to turn that to your advantage - Oct 27, 2020.
Although many aspiring Data Scientists are finding it is becoming more difficult to land a job than it was in previous years, understanding what has changed in the hiring landscape can be used to to your advantage in matching with the best organization for your goals and interests.
- 9 Developing Data Science & Analytics Job Trends - Sep 7, 2020.
With so much disruption in 2020 already, a recent report by Burtch Works looks ahead to next year and beyond, and shares insights about how today's hiring market trends may impact our work lives for years to come.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n31, Aug 12: Data Science Skills: Have vs Want: Vote in the New Poll; Netflix Polynote is a New Open Source Framework to Build Better Data Science Notebooks - Aug 12, 2020.
Vote in the new KDnuggets poll
: which data science skills you have and which ones you want? Netflix is not only for movies - its Polynote is a new open source framework to build better data science notebooks; Learn about containerization of PySpark using Kubernetes; Read the findings from Data Scientist Job Market 2020 analysis; and Explore GPT-3 latest.
- Data Scientist Job Market 2020 - Aug 10, 2020.
With an analysis of over a thousand Data Scientist job descriptions in the USA, check out the trends for 2020 and current expectations on new positions in the field, including credentials, experience, and programming languages.
- The Uncommon Data Science Job Guide - Aug 7, 2020.
With the job landscape in Data Science becoming hyper-competitive, there are clear strategies you can consider to find your way to snagging a position in the field.
- 8 Paths to Getting a Machine Learning Job Interview - Oct 10, 2019.
While you may be focused on your performance during your next job interview, landing that interview can be just as hard. Check out these tips for finding and securing an interview for a machine learning job.
- Starting out in Data Science? Top tips and advice from DataScienceGO Speakers - Sep 3, 2019.
DataScienceGO returns to San Diego Sep 27-29, for a three-day career-focused conference designed to unite newcomers, practitioners, managers and executives under one umbrella, speakers weigh in on how to forge the best teams, increase your hiring chances, and prepare for the future.
- DSGO19 Announces Speakers and Training Sessions - Jul 8, 2019.
Tickets now on sale for DataScienceGO, the #1 career-focused data science conference, coming to San Diego, CA, Sep 27-29. Use promo code KD-Nuggets for 20% off.
- What’s the Machine Learning Engineering Job Like - Jul 1, 2019.
As a relatively new position, the day in the life of a machine learning engineer or data scientist is still a bit fluid. Find out what is like from people working today at Airbnb, SurveyMonkey, and Instagram.
- Data Science Jobs Report 2019: Python Way Up, TensorFlow Growing Rapidly, R Use Double SAS - Jun 17, 2019.
Data science jobs continue to grow in 2019, and this report shares the change and spread of jobs by software over recent years.
- Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year in USA - May 8, 2019.
CareerCast ranks Data Scientist as the top job in USA, with very good work environment, low stress, high growth, and median salary of $114,520.
- The problem with data science job postings - Apr 25, 2019.
We provide a useful set of rules you can follow to make sure you’re applying to the right roles and explain why confusing job descriptions with impossible requirements are the new normal.
- How to Recognize a Good Data Scientist Job From a Bad One - Apr 9, 2019.
Here are six characteristics which set good data scientist jobs apart form the bad ones.
- Grow your data career at DataScienceGO, San Diego, Sep 27-29 - Apr 3, 2019.
DataScienceGO is the only conference dedicated to career advancement for data science managers, practitioners and beginners. Early Bird tickets are on sale until June 27 - get them now.
- Make bold career moves - Mar 21, 2019.
At Vettery, we're flipping the job search on its head. Take a breather and consider an important question: is your job working just as hard as you are? If you're wondering what's out there or if you're ready to take a big step in your career, let your next job come to you.
- What no one will tell you about data science job applications - Mar 1, 2019.
For every person who has a question relating to a data science job application, and asks it, there are ten people who have the same question, but don’t ask it. If you’re one of those ten, then this post is for you.
- The Data Science Gold Rush: Top Jobs in Data Science and How to Secure Them - Jan 24, 2019.
Because big data touches almost every industry across the board, those who aren’t already working in data and analytics will soon be utilizing the technology for its undeniable business benefits. Whichever way you slice it, the future of work is through data.
- Predictive Analytics in 2018: Salaries & Industry Shifts - Nov 19, 2018.
Highlights from Burtch Works Study: Salaries of Predictive Analytics Professionals include: salaries remain steady, which industries pay the most, and which industries are attracting more analytics professionals.
- How many data scientists are there and is there a shortage? - Sep 18, 2018.
We examine the famous McKinsey prediction from 2011 and look into whether there a shortage of people with analytical expertise and estimate how many Data Scientists are there.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n31, Aug 15: Top 10 roles in AI and data science; Github Data Science Spotlight: Python tools for Machine Learning - Aug 15, 2018.
Also: A Practitioner Guide to NLP; Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case; Data Scientist guide for getting started with Docker
- Top 10 roles in AI and data science - Aug 9, 2018.
When you think of the perfect data science team, are you imagining 10 copies of the same professor of computer science and statistics, hands delicately stained with whiteboard marker? We hope not!
- Find A Data Science Job Through Vettery - Aug 8, 2018.
Vettery specializes in tech roles and is completely free for job seekers. Interested? Submit your profile!
- Advice For Applying To Data Science Jobs - Jun 13, 2018.
A comprehensive guide to applying for a job in data science, covering the application, interview and offer stage.
- Which Data Profession Has The Highest Job Satisfaction? - Jun 12, 2018.
KDnuggets poll compares Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, Data Scientist and other professions and identifies one with the highest job satisfaction. Job satisfaction usually starts high, but drops significantly after 4 years on the job.
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Is Your Job Under Threat? - Jun 1, 2018.
This article examines the rapid growth of artificial intelligence: how we got to this point, the future AI job market and what can be done.
- 6 Proven Steps to Land a Job in Data Science - May 21, 2018.
What are the critical steps to get a job in data science? We share the proven formula that helped many data enthusiasts secure job offers as data scientist/analyst, data engineer and machine learning engineer.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, Data Scientist have the highest job satisfaction - Apr 26, 2018.
KDnuggets poll finds that Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, and Data Scientist have the highest job satisfaction. Job satisfaction usually starts high, but drops significantly after 4 years on the job. Data professionals in Asia and Latin America are most unsatisfied.
- Hedge Yourself From a Risky Data Science Job - Apr 18, 2018.
This article covers why it's important to consider all the factors when being hired as a data scientist.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist among the best US Jobs in 2018 - Apr 12, 2018.
Machine Learning Engineer, with avg. salary of $136K and Data Scientist, with avg. salary $133K are among the top US jobs in 2018, according to job site Indeed.
- New Poll: Data Scientist and Data Community Job Satisfaction - Apr 10, 2018.
Is Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer still the sexiest profession or have you been burned? Please vote in the new poll on job satisfaction.
- Why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs - Apr 9, 2018.
We look at some of the big challenges and frustrations that data scientists face on a regular basis.
- How Do I Get My First Data Science Job? - Apr 2, 2018.
Here are the steps you need to obtain your first job in data science, including details on how to create a good portfolio, key networking tips, getting the right education and managing expectations.
- Is an AI /machine-driven world better than a human driven world? - Mar 7, 2018.
On the positive side of AI we have a prospect of self-driving cars, and other benefits, and thru education humans can evolve and improve. The risks include loss of jobs, growing inequality, dealing with superintelligence.
- The Current Hype Cycle in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 28, 2018.
Over the past decade, the field of artificial intelligence (AI) has seen striking developments. As surveyed in, there now exist over twenty domains in which AI programs are performing at least as well as (if not better than) humans.
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Data Science - Feb 19, 2018.
Here are 5 useful things to know about Data Science, including its relationship to BI, Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, and Machine Learning; Data Scientist job prospects; where to learn Data Science; and which algorithms/methods are used by Data Scientists
- Data Scientist – best job in America, 3 years in a row - Jan 29, 2018.
For the third year in a row, Data Scientist was ranked as the no. 1 job in America by Glassdoor.
- Everything Changes: A Human Perspective on Digitization - Jan 2, 2018.
An insightful, thought-provoking article on digital disruption and evolution of technology.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist – top US emerging jobs - Dec 27, 2017.
Machine Learning Engineer jobs grew almost 10 fold since 2012, and Data Scientist jobs grew 6.5 times. However, finding qualified people to fill such jobs remains difficult.
- Will AI kill us all after taking our jobs? - Sep 15, 2017.
We are now in the middle of an AI hype wave which will decline. This is why I think that AI will take 100 or more years to become sentient, only after completely different AI systems will be created.
Pages: 1 2
- Python vs R – Who Is Really Ahead in Data Science, Machine Learning? - Sep 12, 2017.
We examine Google Trends, job trends, and more and note that while Python has only a small advantage among current Data Science and Machine Learning related jobs, this advantage is likely to increase in the future.
- Introducing @KDnuggetsJobs, Data Science Job Finding Tool - Apr 15, 2016.
KDnuggets is happy to introduce another tool for our readers in the process of looking for jobs: the @KDnuggetsJobs Twitter account, dedicated to sharing our Analytics, Data Science, and Big Data job listings.
- Details on First Data Science Job Salary - Jan 29, 2016.
A person new to the Data Science field details their salary and the negotiation process.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n38, Nov 18: TensorFlow Disappoints; Spark with Python; Deep Learning; Top 20 Books - Nov 18, 2015.
TensorFlow Disappoints - Google Deep Learning falls shallow; Introduction to Spark with Python; A Statistical View of Deep Learning; Amazon Top 20 Books in Databases & Big Data.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n35, Oct 28: Data Science Machine; Programming: Python vs R; KDnuggets Addiction - Oct 28, 2015.
The Data Science Machine, or 'How To Engineer Feature Engineering'; Data Science Programming: Python vs R; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience.
- Infographic – Data Scientist or Business Analyst? Knowing the Difference is Key - Oct 20, 2015.
Infographic depicting unique differences between data scientists and business analysts. Find out what type of professional is needed to meet your organization’s needs.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n31, Sep 30: Math for Data Science; How to Learn Machine Learning; The Master Algorithm - Sep 30, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills?; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The Master Algorithm - new book by top ML researcher.
- Interview: Alessandro Gagliardi, Glassdoor on the Fun and Boring Part of Data Scientist Job - Apr 3, 2015.
We discuss interesting trends, motivation, different aspects of data scientist job, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Alessandro Gagliardi, Glassdoor on the Indispensable Skills for Data Scientists - Apr 1, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Glassdoor, important lessons, major factors affecting job satisfaction, challenges of working on Twitter Data, indispensable components of Data Science education.
- Interview: Lei Shi, ChinaHR.com on Unraveling Insights from Unstructured Data - Mar 7, 2015.
We discuss challenges in leveraging Big Data, important attributes while profiling employers and job seekers, competitive landscape, desired skills in data scientists and more.
- Interview: Lei Shi, ChinaHR.com on Analytics behind the Perfect Match - Mar 6, 2015.
We discuss analytics at ChinaHR, matching job seekers and employers, traditional job fairs vs online recruitment, key metrics and analytical insights.
- MassBigData launched to boost Massachusetts Big Data, Analytics Ecosystem - Jan 20, 2014.
MassBigData has a wealth of information, including publicly available Mass data sets, local #BigData events, regional jobs (over 2300 currently), a map of MassBigData companies, resources, and much more.