- KDnuggets™ News 19:n12, Mar 27: My Best Tips for Agile Data Science Research; R vs Python for Data Visualization - Mar 27, 2019.
Tips for Agile Data Science Research, R (ggplot2) vs Python (Seaborn) Visualization, the problems with self-serve analytics, an approach to AI Blackbox explanation problem, a checklist for debugging neural nets, and more.
- R vs Python for Data Visualization - Mar 25, 2019.
This article demonstrates creating similar plots in R and Python using two of the most prominent data visualization packages on the market, namely ggplot2 and Seaborn.
- The Most in Demand Skills for Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2018.
Data scientists are expected to know a lot — machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, data visualization, communication, and deep learning. How should data scientists who want to be in demand by employers spend their learning budget?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 16-22: Python eats away at R; Data Science Plan 2018 - May 23, 2018.
Also: AI is learning to see in the dark; Introducing state of the art text classification with universal language models; Top 100 Books for Data Scientists.
- Best practices of orchestrating Python and R code in ML projects - Oct 12, 2017.
Instead of arguing about Python vs R I will examine the best practices of integrating both languages in one data science project.
Pages: 1 2
- Python vs R – Who Is Really Ahead in Data Science, Machine Learning? - Sep 12, 2017.
We examine Google Trends, job trends, and more and note that while Python has only a small advantage among current Data Science and Machine Learning related jobs, this advantage is likely to increase in the future.
- Python vs R for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science - Sep 11, 2017.
This is a summary (with links) of a three-part article series that's intended to be an in-depth overview of the considerations, tradeoffs, and recommendations associated with selecting between Python and R for programmatic data science tasks.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 23-29: Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in #DataScience, #MachineLearning; I built a #chatbot in 2 hours - Aug 30, 2017.
Also: Recommendation System Algorithms Overview; The Connection Between #DataScience, #MachineLearning and #AI; The Ultimate Guide to Basic Data Cleaning.
- Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in Data Science, Machine Learning platforms - Aug 28, 2017.
While Python did not "swallow" R, in 2017 Python ecosystem overtook R as the leading platform for Analytics, Data Science, and Machine Learning and is pulling users from other platforms.
- New Poll: Python vs R vs rest: What did you use in 2016-17 for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning tasks? - Aug 15, 2017.
Python vs R vs Other - What did you use for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning work in 2016-17? Vote and we will analyze and report results and trends.
- Emerging Ecosystem: Data Science and Machine Learning Software, Analyzed - Jun 21, 2017.
We examine which top tools are "friends", their Python vs R bias, and which work well with Spark/Hadoop and Deep Learning, and identify an emerging Big Data Deep Learning ecosystem.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n20, May 24: New Data Science Leader, Trends, Surprises; Getting Into Data Science: What You Need to Know - May 24, 2017.
KDnuggets Software Poll Results; Getting Into Data Science: What You Need to Know; Descriptive Statistics Key Terms, Explained; The Best Python Packages for Data Science
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 21 – Jan 03: R vs Python: A Comparison and Free Books to Learn; Popular Deep Learning Tools – a review - Jan 4, 2017.
R vs Python: A Comparison and Free Books to Learn; The Five Capability Levels of Deep Learning - Yann Lecun view; The Future Of Machine Learning, McKinsey 2016 Analytics Study; #BigData: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n27, Jul 27: 5 Big Data Projects You Cant Overlook; Pokemon Go and Big Data; SAS vs R vs Python - Jul 27, 2016.
5 Big Data Projects You Can No Longer Overlook; What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data? 10 Great Talks From SciPy 2016; SAS vs R vs Python: Which Tool Do Analytics Pros Prefer?
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n20, Jun 8: R, Python Duel for 1st Place; “Regular” Machine Learning vs Deep Learning; Numpy Intro - Jun 8, 2016.
R, Python Duel As Top Analytics, Data Science software; What is the Difference Between Deep Learning and "Regular" Machine Learning; An Introduction to Scientific Python; How to Build Your Own Deep Learning Box
- R, Python Duel As Top Analytics, Data Science software – KDnuggets 2016 Software Poll Results - Jun 6, 2016.
R remains the leading tool, with 49% share, but Python grows faster and almost catches up to R. RapidMiner remains the most popular general Data Science platform. Big Data tools used by almost 40%, and Deep Learning usage doubles.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n09, Mar 2: Data Science Process; Scikit-feature; Automated Data Science - Mar 9, 2016.
The Data Science Process; scikit-feature: Open-Source Feature Selection Repository; Automated Data Science and Data Mining; Top Big Data Processing Frameworks.
- R or Python? Consider learning both - Mar 8, 2016.
The key to become a data science professional is in understanding the underlying data science concepts and work towards expanding your programming toolbox as much as you can. Hence, one should understand when to use Python and when to pick R, rather mastering just one language.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n41, Dec 16: Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; How to use Python and R together - Dec 16, 2015.
Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; Using Python and R together: 3 main approaches; Top 2015 KDnuggets Stories on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science; 22 Big Data experts predictions for 2016.
- Using Python and R together: 3 main approaches - Dec 10, 2015.
Well if Data Science and Data Scientists can not decide on what data to choose to help them decide which language to use, here is an article to use BOTH.
- Integrating Python and R, Part 2: Executing R from Python and Vice Versa - Oct 30, 2015.
The second in a series of blog posts that: outline the basic strategy for integrating Python and R, we will concentrate on how the two scripts can be linked together by getting R to call Python and vice versa.
- Integrating Python and R into a Data Analysis Pipeline, Part 1 - Oct 29, 2015.
The first in a series of blog posts that: outline the basic strategy for integrating Python and R, run through the different steps involved in this process; and give a real example of how and why you would want to do this.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science Programming: Python vs R - Oct 22, 2015.
With every industry generating massive amounts of data – the need to crunch data requires more powerful and sophisticated programming tools like Python and R language.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 13-19: R vs Python: head to head; Machine Learning for Developers tutorial - Oct 20, 2015.
Machine Learning for Developers - very nice tutorial; R vs #Python: head to head #Data Analytics; Data Science Skills and the Improbable Unicorn Data Scientist; How Tesla AutoPilot learns.
- R vs Python: head to head data analysis - Oct 13, 2015.
The epic battle between R vs Python goes on. Here we are comparing both of them in terms of generic tasks of data scientist’s like reading CSV, finding data summary, PCA, model building, plotting, and many more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- The one language a Data Scientist must master - Sep 1, 2015.
Getting started with the data science, and wondering which language to pick up and technology to explore. But, that is secondary, every business is structured differently and to understand it and build on top of it, is the crux of data science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 14-20: The Master #Algorithm: Quest for the Ultimate #Learning #Machine; Most Influential Data Scientists - Jul 21, 2015.
The Master #Algorithm: Quest for the Ultimate #Learning #Machine; Most Influential Data Scientists; 50+ #DataScience and #MachineLearning #CheatSheets; ;R remains primary #Analytics language, but #Python grows faster.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n22, Jul 15: Deep Learning, Empiricism, & Perfect Girl; 50+ Cheat Sheets; R vs Python - Jul 15, 2015.
Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; 3 Ways to Master Uplift Modeling; Can Deep Learning Help you Find the Perfect Girl?
- R, Python users show surprising stability, but strong regional differences - Jul 14, 2015.
R remains the dominant language, with Python slowly catching up, and other languages shrinking. We also found surprising stability, with about 90% of R and Python users staying with that language, and strong regional differences.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n20, Jun 24: Data Science Battle: R vs Python; Popular Deep Learning Tools - Jun 24, 2015.
New Poll: R vs Python - Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Science; Popular Deep Learning Tools - a review; I'm a data scientist - mind if I do surgery on your heart?; Why Does Deep Learning Work?
- New Poll: Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science? - Jun 22, 2015.
The Data Science Championship fight - R vs Python: What was your Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science tasks?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 26 – Jun 1: Step by Step Guide to Learn #DataScience on R - Jun 5, 2015.
Creator of @ApacheSpark @Matei_Zaharia wins @ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award; LeaRning Path: Step by Step Guide to Learn #DataScience with R; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; R vs #Python for #DataScience.
- R vs Python for Data Science: The Winner is … - May 26, 2015.
In the battle of "best" data science tools, python and R both have their pros and cons. Selecting one over the other will depend on the use-cases, the cost of learning, and other common tools required.
- R vs Python, why each is better - May 19, 2015.
A report on a free-wheeling Australian meetup discussing "Why R is Better" and "Why Python is Better". What do you think?
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n10, Apr 1: Computing platforms for data science; Free Data Mining Books; Python vs R - Apr 1, 2015.
Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources; Text Analytics 2015 - Technology and Market Overview; The Grammar of Data Science: Python vs R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 26-29: The Basic Recipe for #MachineLearning in one slide; The Grammar of Data Science – comparing Python and R - Mar 30, 2015.
The Basic Recipe for Machine Learning in one slide; The Grammar of Data Science - comparing Python and R; Uber Data Science team reveals why taxis may never be able to compete; Comparing @PredictionIO (Open Source Version) vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning.
- The Grammar of Data Science: Python vs R - Mar 28, 2015.
In this post, I will elaborate on my experience switching teams by comparing and contrasting R and Python solutions to some simple data exploration exercises.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 29-30: Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists - Jan 31, 2014.
Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog help you choose the right visualization; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists; R vs Python Duel, Contest 1A - download, process 2GB census data; Online course: More Data Mining with Weka